Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4H sez New Adventures He-Man isn't scheduled

I'm surprised that people were hoping NA He-Man would arrive next year. There's no way Mattel were going to release him and Bow so close together when both their sculpts and colouring will be nearly identical (especially from the waist down). They had to space them out a bit.

Plus we're already getting another version of He-Man (Preternia Disguise) in 2011 as it is.

Besides, i'd rather have a new character over another He-Man variant.

Optikk (May) and Trapjaw (February) were only 2 months apart and share half the parts.
    So I am now sure that is a rule. Maybe you are right as the colour scheme for NA He-man and Bow will be very much the same.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Good. I don't want Blue Jeans He-Man anyways.

They'd have to really blow me away to make me even think about buying it.
    I think that's what everyone is expecting, which is why he's so anticipated. It's easy to look at the old figure and scoff at the idea of NA He-Man. But if you consider how much more impressive Bow is in Classics because of the beefed up standard buck, that's why people want to see a NA He-Man.

The fans LOVE a much improved figure, which is why Bow was the most impressive figure at SDCC--he was something that everyone wasn't expecting to like and he exceeded many expectations. I think NA He-Man is going to be REALLY popular when he hits--tons of accessories--some of them translucent, no Power Sword rehash, improved figure that you'd actually would want to buy, armor and helmeted alternate head.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I'm surprised that people were hoping NA He-Man would arrive next year. There's no way Mattel were going to release him and Bow so close together when both their sculpts and colouring will be nearly identical (especially from the waist down). They had to space them out a bit.
    Like Teela, The Goddess and Evil-Lyn? Trap Jaw, Optikk and Roboto? Whiplash and Buzz-Off? Gygor and Shadowbeast? Some of those releases are a few months apart.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 8, 2010 at 04:27am.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Like Teela, The Goddess and Evil-Lyn? Trap Jaw, Optikk and Roboto? Whiplash and Buzz-Off? Gygor and Shadowbeast? Some of those releases are a few months apart.
    Ha, I knew someone was gonna say that.

My point is, you could just take Bow, remove his armour, put on a new He-Man head and bandolier, and bam = there's your New Adventures of He-Man figure. You wouldn't even need to change his colours, as they're pretty much the same (unlike Teela/Evil-Lyn, Gygor/Shadowbeast, etc)

I do want New Adventures He-Man & Skeletor, but i'd rather get some more Galactic Guardians and Space Mutants first.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I hoped for NA He-Man in 2011 as well. The vintage figure was one of my all time favorite action figures ever Bow's boots are a giveaway that we will get NA He-Man for sure. The 4H might be throwing us off just because they aren't allowed to discuss any figures beyond Sy-Klone

There's the whole annual tooling budget issue as well to save costs, so there's a good chance! There is always a possibility we'll see another NA figure,
    but I'm sure we'll get at the very least one New Adventures of He-Man figure in 2011. If we don't get any NA in 2011, I'll be severely disappointed because I want at the very least one figure of POP, NA, 200X, Mini-Comics & Concepts/Unreleased Prototypes per year to spread it out. The more the merrier! I'm not worried about the vintage MOTU because we are going to get plenty of them since they are the most popular after all. That doesn't mean I don't want vintage MOTU, on the contrary! It's the very first action figure line I grew up with. I just want all the lines made which makes MOTUC so special imo and vintage MOTU seems to keep this line alive for the biggest part.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I'm a little disappointed were not getting him next year, thats one of the few He-Man variants I actually want. I hope we don't get yet another He-Man before him.
    Last edited by 13977; December 8, 2010 at 05:17am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'm really not bummed about it. He's one I can wait a bit longer for. I'm thinking they may surprise us with Darius, since the 4H/Mattel seem to have an affinity for unproduced concepts. And he does have an active trademark.

I agree. I was kinda expecting NA He-Man soon after Bow.

Considering how many cool characters haven't yet been done, I am happy to wait for NA He-Man. I was surprised to read "not.. ..for the next year or so" though. That sounds like a long time.

The only thing I don't want to happen is for Mattel to start fluffing out the line too much with z-grade characters. As cool as Vikor is, I would prefer these "new" charcters once in a while.

Why must NA He-Man come out the same year as Bow? Because they share the same pants? I don't get how that was a foregone conclusion.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Agreed He-Boy! I really want these concept figures kept to a minimum. They're cool and all but I'd much rather see the mainstream characters first.

However, we are getting a male Protector this year so it looks like 1 NA figure a year. Kind of a rip off and NA should be more represented more.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Only downside to there being 1 NA figure a year means that by 2015, we'll be getting like 9 a year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Only downside to there being 1 NA figure a year means that by 2015, we'll be getting like 9 a year.
    Scary Thought.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing. George Benard Shaw.

If the line is planned out til 2016/17 or whatever, NA He-Man might not even show up til 2015. I'm not really expecting any one character before another just because one figure introduces new parts that we imagine will be shared with another figure at some point down the road. I imagine Mattel is going to want to mix it up a little bit and not have the roll-out of figures be quite so predictable. As long as the line continues selling like hot cakes, we know that EVERYBODY is coming, it's just a question of when.

I'm really bummed about this. He's easily my most anticipated He-Man variant.
    Hopefully they are lying and he'll be out sooner rather than later.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought Mattel said we would be getting more than one NA figure in 2011 in one of the Mattycollector news update threads.

This is distressing news to me. NA He-Man and Skeletor are the only ones from the NA line that I really care about. It seems like we receive a response like this fairly often when it comes to certain mainstream characters. It's times like these that I miss the good old "...we can't comment on any figures past King Hsss" statement.

They should just release all the A list charecters in 2011 and let the line die after that. Not sure why they don't do that.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Carpathian View Post
    This is distressing news to me. NA He-Man and Skeletor are the only ones from the NA line that I really care about. It seems like we receive a response like this fairly often when it comes to certain mainstream characters. It's times like these that I miss the good old "...we can't comment on any figures past King Hsss" statement.
    I know. Now they have this newfangled "We can't comment on any figures past Sy-Klone" statement. King Hsss was the good ol' days!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Doesn't bother me one bit that NA He-Man has been delayed...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I think that's what everyone is expecting, which is why he's so anticipated. It's easy to look at the old figure and scoff at the idea of NA He-Man. But if you consider how much more impressive Bow is in Classics because of the beefed up standard buck, that's why people want to see a NA He-Man.

The fans LOVE a much improved figure, which is why Bow was the most impressive figure at SDCC--he was something that everyone wasn't expecting to like and he exceeded many expectations. I think NA He-Man is going to be REALLY popular when he hits--tons of accessories--some of them translucent, no Power Sword rehash, improved figure that you'd actually would want to buy, armor and helmeted alternate head.
    I hear ya on that. This is why I'm even interested in seeing what NA figures will look like in MOTUC in the first place. Not only Bow, but look at Optikk. I jumped on Optikk when he came out and I dont care for NA at all. The only difference here is the appearance of He-Man. You know, the blue jeans, pony tail, and space oriented gear on He-Man some vintage fans may not agree with. It could almost be like the Samurai He-Man variant of 200x. Do I really want a He-Man looking like that with that kinda sci-fi gear or do I want a more sword and sorcery/barbarian style He-Man. That kinda stuff seems like it's more for Man-At-Arms than He-Man.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    They should just release all the A list charecters in 2011 and let the line die after that. Not sure why they don't do that.
    this to the max!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I was hoping for na he-man soon, but one variant of he-man & skeletor should be how they should be spaced out. I really would like for a na good guy to be released for 2011.

does someone have a mock up of MOTUC NA He-Man?

This really surprises me that so many people were wanting the NA He-Man. I would be really curious if someone could do a mock up of what they think he will look like, because the way I imagine him, I am not super excited to get him. Any takers on doing a mock up with accessories for those of us who are short sighted and dont see the need for a NA He-Man?

The King of Sarcasm strikes again! You crack me up! I have a hard time determining if you are being serious or sarcastic on 75% of your posts. Not complaining, as I often find your comments funny. I am just saying...keep it up!
    Last edited by orbles; December 8, 2010 at 08:16pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ha ha! Love it! Yeahwhat's the matter with Mattel??!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'm all for NA characters but not He-Man & Skeletor - yet. Personally i'd rather Mattel get to the other NA characters first and leave these two for a little while.