Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bow Packaged images and Bio

Hybrid View

MOTUC Bow Packaged images and Bio

Matty just posted these on Facebook.

Bow's Bio
    Bow, Special Friend Who Help's She-Ra

After wandering though Despondos for several centuries and unable to return to Eternia. Hordak, and his ageless army eventually claimed Etheria as a new throne world.
    Deposing the local monarchs and ruling the people through fear. A nobleman in Queen Angela's court, Kyle was one of many brave warriors who took up the arms against the Horde invaders and joined the Great Rebellion. Nicknamed "Bow" due to his natural ability as an archer, each of his arrows possesses different powers and he has a magical heart that beats frantically when She-Ra is in danger.
    Bow, is secretly in love with Princess Adora, unaware that she and She-Ra are one in the same!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; December 10, 2010 at 03:02pm.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

His name is Kyle and his heart beats faster when She-Ra is in danger!!

I'm saying nuthin!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Yes, very MOTU.

He is in love with Adora? Score!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Fantastic! he looks amazing by far one of the best figures so far and I love the bio. Also good to see that Glimmer was not mentioned in his bio I was convinced she would be.

I can't get over the "special friend" part. It's like he's She-Ra's gay husband.

Quote Originally Posted by DJjoker182 View Post
    I can't get over the "special friend" part. It's like he's She-Ra's gay husband.
    was it ever supposed to mean something different? i love it. kyle's a great name.

What a shame! Perhaps one of the most influential characters of the PoP series is reduced to such a crappy bio! Also, why is it whenever She-Ra is in danger his heart piece beats? What purpose did it have before She-Ra was on Etheria???

I think the name Kyle sounds fine. It fits in well with names like Adam and Duncan. If Bow had been his real name that would just have been cheesy. The only part of the bio I didn't like was the "heart beating faster when She-Ra is in trouble..." That could have been left out, but hey, whatever.

Isn't 'Kyle' one of the names Olympia Dukakis (as Clairee Belcher) mentions in Steel Magnolias? How did it go???? ...Oh yeah, "All gay men have track lightin', and all gay men are named Mark, Rick, Kyle or Steve."
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

That's really really sad.

Not a good bio at all man.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Oh how romantic....sigh.

I was a big fan of Bow's when he was revealed at SDCC and I'm even more impressed with him now that his bio and packaging have come along. I can't wait to get him.

Awesome! The non-moustache head looks WAY better! If I have any extra bodies, I'll have to use the moustache head for something funny. I just need a top hat and a monicle!

Anyway, the bio stays true to the old She-Ra toys, right? I don't see any problems with it. I kinda like the heart thing; I know it deals with his love for Adora, but it's kinda neat that he's got this connection to be around when there's danger. However...since She-Ra is sorta near invincible...wonder what good he'll do when he comes running?

Bow: "She-Ra, I'm here! My awesome heart armor told me you were in----oh."

She-Ra: "Oh, hey Bow! Yeah...uh...well, as you can see, the bad guys are all tied up and hanging from a tree here. I sorta just lifted the entire ground beneath them and threw them half a mile in the air or so. Ya know, the usual. So, what did you need?"

Bow: "Ah...ya know, nothin' much. Just came to...chat, I guess. *Sigh*"
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I guess I'm ok with most of the bio. The "Magic Heart that beats frantically when She-Ra is in trouble" bit is...weird to me. I think it would've made a lot more sense to make the Heart some kind of family crest, or maybe some kind of special medal of honor bestowed upon him by Angella for his bravery. But I'm not really feeling the angle they took on this one.

"Special friend of She-Ra?" I realize they are paying homage to the vintage POP line, but that irks me too. I think he could have been represented much better.

Yeah, uhm not thrilled with the name "Kyle."

The rest of the bio is awesome though. It gives us a little more knowledge about Hordak's time in Despondos. I guess Etheria IS in Despondos, and hopefully we will know why when we get the Etheria map.

I find it disrespectful, though, that his heart symbol is NOT displayed in the armor in package.

I mean, what's with the double standard there??

The figure does look really awesome. Quite glad to see this!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Do not really like the Bio, no mention of Kowl and he was in love with She-Ra not Adora (I understand that Seahawk is not allowed but Bow loving Adora just does not feel right).

Still an awesome figure though
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    He's a nobleman. That is why he wears gold. It's over Eamon!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Do not really like the Bio, no mention of Kowl and he was in love with She-Ra not Adora (I understand that Seahawk is not allowed but Bow loving Adora just does not feel right).

Still an awesome figure though
    Agreed - I guess it doesn't completely rule out Sea Hawk though...he could still come in and sieze Adora, making for an interesting Bow/Adora/Sea Hawk love triangle!

I'm a bit unimpressed with the bio - it may sound really plain, but I used to see Bow as a simple villager who had been angered by Hordak's reign and decided to take on the Horde to protect his people...nothing 'noble' about him except for his actions. It made the 'have-a-go-hero' act a bit more plausible, IMO...

Anyway, can't wait for the figure and pleased She-Ra and Adora are both on the back. Who's next...Catra?!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    meh

Etheria in Despondos: HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!

Bow's a nobleman -that's fine

differnt arrows different powers -right on

Heart that beats when She-Ra's in danger - Okay look I know Sea Hawk is unavailable now but you should leave it open to bring him in later. The heart thing sounds like Hawk's locket.

Bow in love with Adora -well again Adora+Sea Hawk 4ever but notice it says Bow is on love with Adora not that she is in love with him.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I reckon Bow's got a thing for both Adora AND She-Ra, and just doesn't realize it's because they're the same person.

That's why he's in love with Adora, but his heart beats for She-Ra.

Kind of like the love triangle between Steve Trevor, Diana Prince, and Wonder Woman.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Do you guys think there's some meaning behind his last name, Reccula? Do you think it's because Bow is musical?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I guess Etheria IS in Despondos, and hopefully we will know why when we get the Etheria map.
    This.

Bow's bio reminds me of Neil Diamond's ode to E.T. I can just hear, "turn on your heartlight, let it shine wherever you gooooooo!"

Ah ok he's special...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Do you guys think there's some meaning behind his last name, Reccula? Do you think it's because Bow is musical? This.
    Haha, I'm just eating a Ricola... no kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Do you guys think there's some meaning behind his last name, Reccula? Do you think it's because Bow is musical?
    I was thinking Reccula sounded like some word from a sci-fi franchise's made-up language. Klingon maybe? That would be one rough name to have in grade school. Let's hope Bow was home schooled.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    His name is Kyle and his heart beats faster when She-Ra is in danger!!

I'm saying nuthin!!
    Aw and I was hoping to hear your thoughts on this.
    Can we hope for a good rant on the next Roast Gooble Dinner?

As for the Bow bio...Kyle? really? Kyle?