Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bow Packaged images and Bio

MOTUC Bow Packaged images and Bio

Matty just posted these on Facebook.

Bow's Bio
    Bow, Special Friend Who Help's She-Ra

After wandering though Despondos for several centuries and unable to return to Eternia. Hordak, and his ageless army eventually claimed Etheria as a new throne world.
    Deposing the local monarchs and ruling the people through fear. A nobleman in Queen Angela's court, Kyle was one of many brave warriors who took up the arms against the Horde invaders and joined the Great Rebellion. Nicknamed "Bow" due to his natural ability as an archer, each of his arrows possesses different powers and he has a magical heart that beats frantically when She-Ra is in danger.
    Bow, is secretly in love with Princess Adora, unaware that she and She-Ra are one in the same!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; December 10, 2010 at 03:02pm.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

His name is Kyle and his heart beats faster when She-Ra is in danger!!

I'm saying nuthin!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Yes, very MOTU.

He is in love with Adora? Score!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Fantastic! he looks amazing by far one of the best figures so far and I love the bio. Also good to see that Glimmer was not mentioned in his bio I was convinced she would be.

I can't get over the "special friend" part. It's like he's She-Ra's gay husband.

Yeah, uhm not thrilled with the name "Kyle."

The rest of the bio is awesome though. It gives us a little more knowledge about Hordak's time in Despondos. I guess Etheria IS in Despondos, and hopefully we will know why when we get the Etheria map.

I find it disrespectful, though, that his heart symbol is NOT displayed in the armor in package.

I mean, what's with the double standard there??

The figure does look really awesome. Quite glad to see this!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

That's really really sad.

Not a good bio at all man.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Oh how romantic....sigh.

I was a big fan of Bow's when he was revealed at SDCC and I'm even more impressed with him now that his bio and packaging have come along. I can't wait to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    His name is Kyle and his heart beats faster when She-Ra is in danger!!

I'm saying nuthin!!
    Aw and I was hoping to hear your thoughts on this.
    Can we hope for a good rant on the next Roast Gooble Dinner?

As for the Bow bio...Kyle? really? Kyle?

Do not really like the Bio, no mention of Kowl and he was in love with She-Ra not Adora (I understand that Seahawk is not allowed but Bow loving Adora just does not feel right).

Still an awesome figure though
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Awesome! The non-moustache head looks WAY better! If I have any extra bodies, I'll have to use the moustache head for something funny. I just need a top hat and a monicle!

Anyway, the bio stays true to the old She-Ra toys, right? I don't see any problems with it. I kinda like the heart thing; I know it deals with his love for Adora, but it's kinda neat that he's got this connection to be around when there's danger. However...since She-Ra is sorta near invincible...wonder what good he'll do when he comes running?

Bow: "She-Ra, I'm here! My awesome heart armor told me you were in----oh."

She-Ra: "Oh, hey Bow! Yeah...uh...well, as you can see, the bad guys are all tied up and hanging from a tree here. I sorta just lifted the entire ground beneath them and threw them half a mile in the air or so. Ya know, the usual. So, what did you need?"

Bow: "Ah...ya know, nothin' much. Just came to...chat, I guess. *Sigh*"
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I remember some folks thought Kyle Reculla was for Monster High. Ha!

On displaying him without the heart - I guess you can't really fault Mattel for that. On the US card didn't he come packaged with the alternate armor?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLiger View Post
    Aw and I was hoping to hear your thoughts on this.
    Can we hope for a good rant on the next Roast Gooble Dinner?
    You can count on that!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    He's a nobleman. That is why he wears gold. It's over Eamon!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I guess I'm ok with most of the bio. The "Magic Heart that beats frantically when She-Ra is in trouble" bit is...weird to me. I think it would've made a lot more sense to make the Heart some kind of family crest, or maybe some kind of special medal of honor bestowed upon him by Angella for his bravery. But I'm not really feeling the angle they took on this one.

"Special friend of She-Ra?" I realize they are paying homage to the vintage POP line, but that irks me too. I think he could have been represented much better.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    The figure still looks awesome! The 4H turned a once tragic action figure into something that can stand next to the Masters and compare. Excellent on that.

The bio....hmmm....uhh.....well......yeah...... Ok, I'll try to put words to it.

It doesn't really say much about Bow. The only new info we got was that he was in Queen Angella's Court before the Rebellion began. I'm cool with that. The heart beating when She-Ra is in danger is a bit weak. It would have been better if Angella was in danger or even Adora.

I'm ok with the tag "special friend..." It's vintage and can be overlooked and even accepted.
    Last edited by HordeFan; December 10, 2010 at 03:20pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think Bow liking Adora might lead to a love triangle when and if a Sea Hawk figure is introduced. I believe that's the reason why Bow is in love with Adora, rather than She-Ra.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Yes! Finally a great figure. Great tidbit about the fact that he's secretly in love with Adora!

U think one day they'll get married.....maybe we'll have another heir to Randor's throne!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

No need for rants here as the writing is on the wall in my opinion that he's totally out of place in look and bio.

But ya know what, some folks love him and I'd sooner have a brand that caters to the widest demographic as possible. Not many brands can do that so that can only be a good thing?!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    No need for rants here as the writing is on the wall in my opinion that he's totally out of place in look and bio.

But ya know what, some folks love him and I'd sooner have a brand that caters to the widest demographic as possible. Not many brands can do that so that can only be a good thing?!
    Who are you and what did you do to Eamon
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Do you guys think there's some meaning behind his last name, Reccula? Do you think it's because Bow is musical?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I guess Etheria IS in Despondos, and hopefully we will know why when we get the Etheria map.
    This.

Bow's bio reminds me of Neil Diamond's ode to E.T. I can just hear, "turn on your heartlight, let it shine wherever you gooooooo!"

Ah ok he's special...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Do you guys think there's some meaning behind his last name, Reccula? Do you think it's because Bow is musical? This.
    Haha, I'm just eating a Ricola... no kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Who are you and what did you do to Eamon
    Ah well, why flog a dead horse!
    But hey, now at least folks may hopefully see that my concerns were valid about the cross polination of POP and MOTU. Hopefully!
    www.eamonart.com