Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bow Packaged images and Bio

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Do not really like the Bio, no mention of Kowl and he was in love with She-Ra not Adora (I understand that Seahawk is not allowed but Bow loving Adora just does not feel right).

Still an awesome figure though
    Agreed - I guess it doesn't completely rule out Sea Hawk though...he could still come in and sieze Adora, making for an interesting Bow/Adora/Sea Hawk love triangle!

I'm a bit unimpressed with the bio - it may sound really plain, but I used to see Bow as a simple villager who had been angered by Hordak's reign and decided to take on the Horde to protect his people...nothing 'noble' about him except for his actions. It made the 'have-a-go-hero' act a bit more plausible, IMO...

Anyway, can't wait for the figure and pleased She-Ra and Adora are both on the back. Who's next...Catra?!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    You can count on that!
    Will YOU be on that show?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Ok where to start...
    Kyle Reccula? Sounds too plain for a nobleman... I expected (Insert Name) of the House of (Insert another name here) Maybe a (Title) (Name) of (another word here).

That weird "Spider-sense" of Bow's sounds a bit like... I'm not gonna go there.

The whole "Heart beating for She-Ra, yet he loves Adora" seems a bit forced.

Not liking the Bio...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

The Bio has a big mistake for me..

Bow loves She-Ra and not Adora (!!) and thats why his heart beat when She-Ra is in danger..

BTW Bow looks awesome! Can't wait to get him!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    First, the bio: this is a very good example of why I completely ignore them.
    Bad name mixed with bad ideas. I'll stick with Filmation in my mind...

As far as the figure goes, I may wind up having to get an extra to display without the facial hair (something I hadn't planned to do); the alternate head looks THAT good. The Fab Four really knocked this figure out of the stadium on all counts.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    This bio equals goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Bow's Bio
    Bow, Special Friend Who Help's She-Ra

After wandering though Despondos for several centuries and unable to return to Eternia. Hordak, and his ageless army eventually claimed Etheria as a new throne world.
    Deposing the local monarchs and ruling the people through fear. A nobleman in Queen Angela's court, Kyle was one of many brave warriors who took up the arms against the Horde invaders and joined the Great Rebellion. Nicknamed "Bow" due to his natural ability as an archer, each of his arrows possesses different powers and he has a magical heart that beats frantically when She-Ra is in danger.
    Bow, is secretly in love with Princess Adora, unaware that she and She-Ra are one in the same!
    OK, a few things.

1. There should not be an apostrophe in the word "Help's". Hopefully that isn't there; otherwise, shame on Mattel who makes toys for young kids. Bad Mattel!

2. "Bow, is secretly in love with..." So shouldn't this be "Secretly, Bow is in love with..."? It seems like this is saying that boy doesn't even know he loves Adora. I'll have to think about this...

Overall though a real bad bio. No mention of Kowl or the Whispering Woods and a nobleman without a kingdom/home.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Love him!!! One of the best motuc figures so far. The bio is great too, can't wait to read more POP bios

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Am I the only one who thinks that standard Earth names really don't work too well in this series? Okay, Adam might work as Eternian, Duncan is probably stretching it but Kyle?
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

It should have been

Bow

Easy.

hmm his bio...
    The "catalog" lineup on the back was a great choice!
    The figure looks totally awesome!
    I can't wait to finally have him next to She-Ra!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

That bio is awful.

Half of it is dedicated to explaining how Hordak got to Etheria and not even about Bow. No mention of Kowl anywhere. I was expecting maybe a line explaining his friendship with him.

On the flip side, the figure looks outstanding!!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I agree, I wasn't even in love with Duncan, as a kid.

Eve Marlena,Teela, Adora, Adam, even Hektor (ugh), all soundly correct phonetically, as in easy to read in other languages. Kyle is super English.

He's going to remain either Bow - "Heroic Archer" or Bow - "Rebellious Archer" in my house. Also I feel She-Ra in the back of the card needs a sword. What gives?

Seriously though, as long as the toy itself comes out right, I can ignore everything else.

"C'mon Kyle! Let's take Etheria back from Hektor!" See?

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that standard Earth names really don't work too well in this series? Okay, Adam might work as Eternian, Duncan is probably stretching it but Kyle?
    A precedent has been established with "Josh"...

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Am I the only one upset that he isn't displayed w/ his amazing Love Mustache. And the whole "Special Friend Who Help's She-Ra" bit is absolutely LAME. They didn't take anytime w/ getting a better phrase for Bow. Yeah, and why isn't the "heart" on his chest plate. I'm not a big POP person but they missed on all the small details w/ him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Am I the only one upset that he isn't displayed w/ his amazing Love Mustache. And the whole "Special Friend Who Help's She-Ra" bit is absolutely LAME. They didn't take anytime w/ getting a better phrase for Bow. Yeah, and why isn't the "heart" on his chest plate. I'm not a big POP person but they missed on all the small details w/ him.
    The original taglines aren't going to change, no matter how much they don't make sense canon-wise. Teela and Evil-Lyn aren't goddesses and Grizzlor is apparently a "figure"...

Everything is vintage except for the heart...I guess Mattel is worried about men who are afraid to a man with a heart on his armor.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm ok with the name. Sure Kyle sounds a bit bad, but it does sort of work.

I'm more bothered by the Title of Special friend who helps She-ra. That alone is funny. Why couldn't it be "Special friend and ally to She-ra." That would have worked better.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Nothing overly exciting in the bio. I don't really mind the real names but everytime I see/hear Kyle I can't help but think of South Park.

The figure is pretty cool. I would have prefered if the heart was already on in package. I will be displaying him with the filmation head

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Well... the bio is okay, and the name... is okay, but it doesn't really fit Bow. Mentioning the heart in the bio and not having it on Bow in-package is really strange.

Ah who cares, ignore bio mode is on, I'm just going to enjoy the figure. Much love to She-Ra's special friend~

Soooooo happy to have another member of the Rebellion coming up soon. I'm getting antsy to see the other POP characters promised for 2011.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

What I find interesting is that it seems from this bio that Hordak just "recently" took over Etheria (there is still a court during Bow's time). But of course Hordak has to be on Etheria at the latest around the time when Adora is born.

Okay, let’s see if I’m reading this bio correctly. So a large, heavily muscled half naked mustached man named Kyle, who is also She-Ra’s “special friend”, has a heart that beats when said friend is in trouble. Yikes, worse bio ever. I usually like the bios, but this one is wrong on so many levels.
    The good news is the figure looks great. And the fact that I can forgo the stache and the heart really makes my day.

Looking forward to the figure. It's well done.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I find it disrespectful, though, that his heart symbol is NOT displayed in the armor in package.

I mean, what's with the double standard there??
    Yes. this does not make sense. They even take time to explain in his bio about his "special feature"...yet they do not display it MOC. *shrugs* Also, Mattel has been extremely vocal about how vintage ALWAYS takes precendence for MOC situations. Except for PoP apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Do not really like the Bio, no mention of Kowl and he was in love with She-Ra not Adora (I understand that Seahawk is not allowed but Bow loving Adora just does not feel right).
    I couldn't have mentioned it better! When I read the bio I yelled at my computer screen "He's in love with SHE-RA not ADORA! Why would his heart beat when She-Ra is in danger if he loves Adora?!"

...and no Kowl? Kowl is his best friend/right hand man. That's really, really awful that he isn't mentioned. Whiplash had the mention of the obscure character Ceratus from 200X. Kowl had a figure and was featured in every episode of PoP. Come on Mattel.

Kyle Reccula does still sound like it's from Monster High. He sounds partially raccoon. Oh well. Hopefully they make Josh. Kyle, Josh and Adora.

I like that he's a nobleman. That's cool. The "heart beating" thing is from the 80's. It IS super cheesy, but it's a nice nod to the original.

At least he still looks cool...

EDIT: I guess Bow was only in love with She-Ra in Filmation. The Licencing Kit says Adora...cursed Licencing Kit.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 10, 2010 at 05:38pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I am glad I read this bio before I read BA Skelly and Preternian HM bios

I decided to look at this bio again and it isn't that bad. The cheesiness is there but I am interested by the magical heart now. I never collected PoP so how accurate is this bio to the vintage?

If Adora was in trouble and wasn't able to turn into She-Ra, would that make Bow's heart beat faster?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I never collected PoP so how accurate is this bio to the vintage?
    Bow didn't really have a bio on his 80's figure.

It said this on the front:

Bow
    Special friend
    who helps She-Ra!

Make his heart "beat" for She-Ra!

...and on the back:

Bow
    Special friend
    of She-Ra!

Push button on back
    ...his heart "beats"
    for She-Ra!

Licensing Kit says this:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah