Thread: Saturday Supercade coming to DVD

Saturday Supercade coming to DVD

Saturday Supercade is coming to DVD via the Warner Archive MOD program, although it might not be the complete series due to rights issues.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sat...-Planned/14789

Some is better than none, I am loving this MOD
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Some is better than none, I am loving this MOD
    Me too. Really the only thing they'd have to change up if they eliminated a few of the segments is the opening theme segment. I hope they keep it since I love that theme song. They just might have to edit in more footage of the parts they do own.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the MOD as well i have just picked up all the Yogi Bear releases spruce goose,great escape and invasion of the space bears but hearing the great news on saturday supercade I hope they can work out some great deal to get it complete and uncut I remember being at comic con a couple years ago and asked shout factory about it and the guy said he wanted shout factory to release it but they had tried and failed so he thought at the time anyway it had so many different rights issues he didnt see it being released so I will take what I can get.

It looks like it has had some delays and it won't be released this year.

From Warner Archive's Facebook page:
    We're working on it, but it won't be this year. Sorry to disappoint, but it's the inevitable delays we face when working with vault material that make our keeping planned release dates under wraps until a project is done, or virtually done....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It looks like it has had some delays and it won't be released this year.

From Warner Archive's Facebook page:
    Well at least its still coming and not dead in the water, I wonder if they decided to remaster it like the Gobots of if a third party is pushing a rights issue
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Nintendo might have a licensing issue with Donkey Kong and DKjr.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I find it interesting that the 'Space Ace' episodes of 'Saturday Supercade' were the only segments that ever aired on Cartoon Network while the others never saw the light of day since their original airings on CBS.

Its been speculated since it was first announced that Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Q*Bert might have rights issues. Assuming they keep the main theme intro, they are obviously going to have to put in more scenes of the shows they do own in it to replace the ones they don't own. I hope they release it all in one set (especially since some segments will likely be missing), but I could see them splitting it up into two volumes. The show was an hour long and lasted for two years.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    From what I remember, the theme (specifically, the end theme with no lyrics) was the best part of that show. It's been a very long time since I've seen that show.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

It still looks like it will be awhile.

The latest from Warner Archive's facebook page:

This project turned out to be far more complex than we had been led to believe or anticipated when originally posted. Like SHAZAM! or SUPERBOY, which took years to prepare and un-tangle, we remain on the case. This early FB posting is a also a good illustration of why we no longer assign time frames when discussing prospective releases.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Just pay the rights to the owners of the properties and release on dvd already.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior
    That would be cool, I'd get it if I saw it.