Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for figures with action features!

Support for figures with action features!

It would be exciting to see figures reissued with action features from the original toy line!
    Some action features are housed in their accessories or armor, and wouldn't necessarily require a whole figure to be produced.
    Examples include:

* Figures with waist swivels ("Figure twists for a POWER PUNCH!")
    * Fisto's punching hand ("Make his Big Fist throw punches!")
    * Jitsu's chopping hand ("Make him do a karate chop - up, down, sideways!")
    * Orko's spinning feature ("Make him whirl like a top, race around the floor!")
    * Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor's twirling chest ("Armor breastplate shows dents, 'repairs' as you touch!")
    * Rio Blast's concealed weapons ("Pop hidden weapons out from chest, arms & legs!")
    * Clamp Champ's spring loaded accessory ("Power Pincer snatches foes!")
    * Dragon Blast Skeletor's water spraying armor ("Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!")
    * Dragstor's wheel ("Chases down enemies in a burst of speed!")
    * King Hiss' transformation ("Transforms into a slithering mass of serpents!)
    * Kobra Khan's water-spraying action ("Press down on his head. He sprays in any direction!")
    * Mantenna's eye popping action ("Eyes really pop out!")
    * Mosquitor's blood chest ("Chest pumps red fluid!")
    * Rattlor's neck ("Sounds fearsome battle rattle before attacking!")
    * Ram Man's legs ("Spring-loaded body that blasts back!")
    Last edited by AdultCollector; March 29, 2016 at 02:38pm.

Seriously we had all that in the 80's and aside of MOTUC Roboto , Man E Faces & double Trouble MOTUC & Collectors choice has no action features and don't need them. The Horsemen recreate the action feature though extra parts.Mattel is not going to remake all those figures again just to give them action features.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

That's why I'm collecting the vintage line primarily now

I would have loved if motuc came with action features, but I'm afraid it's too late now, as I dont feel like starting over a new collection from scratch.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like to see an action feature in corporates into a club grayskull ram man and mekaneck

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

No thank you I definitely don't need more versions of these characters we already have.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

For the most part, I've liked how Classics has handled "action features". Generally I feel that the old action features would have hindered the aesthetics and articulation of Classics figures. The only exceptions would have been Rio Blast and Dragstor. Those two figures would have been greatly enhanced by having a new sculpted torso to accommodate for their respective gimmicks. It worked great for Buzz Saw Hordak.
    Last edited by revelat10n; March 29, 2016 at 08:22pm.

Nope. We don't need this.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I think Mattel should focus on getting more unreleased vintage figures into MOTUC (i.e. New Adventures, vehicles, playsets, even meteorbs ) before redoing old figures with new features. After all, look how the Laser set turned out... I would have preferred a Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor WITHOUT the features.
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Big fat NO! on this one. These types of features are cool, but they can ruin the aesthetics if not executed properly (See. Double Mischief). Also, the way MOTUC are engineered now, they may last a long time intact. Over time, things like spring mechanisms will surely wear down and eventually rust solid. Don't even talk about the cost involved in doing this with such a scale of figure.

I'm fine with mostly simulated action features and additional plug in pieces, heads, etc...

Heroic Warrior
    I will say I'm sad that toylines now have ditched action features. They were part of making figures fun as a kid from super powers to marvel superheroes to motu. They really brought the figure to life. I never much was for a bunch of articulation anyway. A lot of it is perfunctory and turns a figure from a cohesive whole into a figure resembling a jigsaw puzzle

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I am happy with what we have, we have enoug variants as of now. It would've been a great idea to do that right from the beginning of the line but not now.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

This thread is 8 years too late.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

It is not really an action feature but I do think we deserve a version of Blast Attak that can split down the middle. He just needs two pins that can lock into place to form one body and pop apart for the split attack mode. This is no different to how they made Modulock and Multi-Bot able to have joints pull apart, only there are two pieces not many.

Also, now that we have seen a hollowed out Buzz Saw Hordak torso, Rio Blast could be due a 2.0 version with laser cannon hidden in his chest.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    This thread is 8 years too late.
    Agreed.

If this were not a line for collectors, in other words a retail line for kids, then I think the idea of action features isn't a bad one. But it's not needed in the Classics.

I want attention focussed on character choice (another shout out for vintage minicomics!) than novelty parts.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Some figures I just couldn't bring myself to buy, as so much of their character (for me) hung on their action features. If a MOTUC blood-pumping Mosquitor and water-spraying Kobra Khan were to be produced, I'd be thrilled!

It seems I will never own a Classics Mekaneck either, not to mention a Battle Armor He-Man or Skeletor, who can't really battle, though they can play dress-up and pretend to! As for Dragstor with his immovable spare tyre, I laugh every time I see pictures of him on his belly- how utterly redundant he's become!

Ah, if only I could have a spray-nozzle and blood-pump for Kobra Khan and Mosquitor respectively, instead of action features we were never meant to have, like Green Goddess with Exploding Crotch™ and Roboto with Cracking Torso™ ( just swivel his reversed shoulders to activate!)

I would LOVE action features in MOTUC!!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

It always bugged me that Webstor can't climb his string. He just needs a new backpack.

Yeah... You're not getting my support here either.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    It would be exciting to see figures reissued with action features from the original toy line!
    Some action features are housed in their accessories or armor, and wouldn't necessarily require a whole figure to be produced.
    Examples include:

* Figures with waist swivels ("Figure twists for a POWER PUNCH!")
    * Fisto's punching hand ("Make his Big Fist throw punches!")
    * Jitsu's chopping hand ("Make him do a karate chop - up, down, sideways!")
    * Orko's spinning feature ("Make him whirl like a top, race around the floor!")
    * Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor's twirling chest ("Armor breastplate shows dents, 'repairs' as you touch!")
    * Rio Blast's concealed weapons ("Pop hidden weapons out from chest, arms & legs!")
    * Clamp Champ's spring loaded accessory ("Power Pincer snatches foes!")
    * Dragon Blast Skeletor's water spraying armor ("Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!")
    * Dragstor's wheel ("Chases down enemies in a burst of speed!")
    * King Hiss' transformation ("Transforms into a slithering mass of serpents!)
    * Kobra Khan's water-spraying action ("Press down on his head. He sprays in any direction!")
    * Mantenna's eye popping action ("Eyes really pop out!")
    * Mosquitor's blood chest ("Chest pumps red fluid!")
    * Rattlor's neck ("Sounds fearsome battle rattle before attacking!")
    * Ram Man's legs ("Spring-loaded body that blasts back!")
    the chances of this happenning, is like me always saying to get Zack Snyder fired from DC, which seems pointless
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I never particularly liked action features even as a kid. Got in the way of the sculpt and articulation and never recreated the action as well as my imagination could. Deff don't want them now in my figures. I like to pose and display them but I don't play with them anymore so an action feature would be useless to me and hinder the elements I do want in my toys.

I'm also not a fan of variants so the last thing I want is more of them. Maybe in a few years once we have all the NA characters they could do this and I can stop collecting them.
    Last edited by Rodster6; March 31, 2016 at 05:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I never particularly liked action features even as a kid. Got in the way of the sculpt and articulation and never recreated the action as well as my imagination could. Deff don't want them now in my figures. I like to pose and display them but I don't play with them anymore so an action feature would be useless to me and hinder the elements I do want in my toys.

I'm also not a fan of variants so the last thing I want is more of them. Maybe in a few years once we have all the NA characters they could do this and I can stop collecting them.
    Very well said I completely agree with all of this. Especially the idea of finishing New Adventures.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

It's a little late in the game for this. Besides, didn't Scott say ages ago those were nixed to keep costs down?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

It's super fun when we do get them. I enjoy lighting up the Laser figures, I love firing the missile on the Battle Ram, filling up Slush Head's dome with water made that figure really cool to me (I added a slight touch of food colouring to give it a swampy look), and I'm sure that when I finally get a Man E Faces that I'll love playing with him.

As others have said, however - and I must admit that it's true - sometimes the action feature can hinder the figure's aesthetics. Double Trouble seemed to be the biggest victim of this, though I don't have one yet in hand. Also, for the likes of Mekaneck and Extendar, I'm sure that the lack of action figure is in their best interests.

That being said, I really would have appreciated those small touches on Dragstor and Blast Attak. A moving wheel and an ability to split the figure in half, respectively, just don't seem that difficult to me. I do enjoy a certain amount of playability in these figures. Modulok and Multi-Bot are nigh endless amounts of fun, and interestingly, I found the Royal Palace Guards to have some great levels of playability in terms of their numerous parts and variety.

It's a tough call. I don't know how much I'd be into a re-release of a figure just for the action feature, but I gotta say that I do enjoy a certain level of playability - an aspect that can really put a figure over the top. Just having an ability to do ANYTHING has always influenced how long a particular figure will stay with me before I put it on the display shelf. Peekablue and her tail feather fan lasted in my hands a lot longer than Blast Attak did, just sayin' . . .
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy_rock View Post
    It always bugged me that Webstor can't climb his string. He just needs a new backpack.
    I hear you iggy.