Thread: MOTUC Darius Review By Pixel Dan!

MOTUC Darius Review By Pixel Dan!

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at Darius from MattyCollector. Check it out!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

The New Adventures of He-man logos on his helmet and belt are neat details.
    Matt Moylan
    Director of Publishing, UDON Entertainment

I've asked this in the past and didn't receive an answer, so I guess I'll ask again, and maybe someone will know the answer.

Has Mattel stopped sending Dan early samples? I don't think he's had a review up before a figure went on sale all year.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Has Mattel stopped sending Dan early samples? I don't think he's had a review up before a figure went on sale all year.
    I've been under the impression that he stopped getting review samples shortly after Neitlich ended his tenure at Mattel. Could be wrong.

I've asked this in the past and didn't receive an answer, so I guess I'll ask again, and maybe someone will know the answer.

I don't know for certain, but I would imagine that is the case since, as you correctly said, he's not had a review for any 2016 figures before they were released. It probably stopped with Kim's departure.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I thought so too. Anyone know if that is from the original prototype or a neat detail the 4H added? I'm sure it's added.

I've been waiting for his review on Filmation Skeletor
    You? You can't even handle that musclebound female, She-Ra.
    My Top Wants: Filmation He-Man, Filmation Beastman, Filmation Evil Seed, Point Dread Teela, Shadow Weaver, Tri-Klops, Ram Man.

I think the shield is different color than the rest of the figure because it is one of those extra weapons that are meant for another character but was thrown in with Darius. The shield looks like it might be meant as the shield for NA Battle-Punch He-Man variant: http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1338

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    I think the shield is different color than the rest of the figure because it is one of those extra weapons that are meant for another character but was thrown in with Darius. The shield looks like it might be meant as the shield for NA Battle-Punch He-Man variant: http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1338
    It was. it matches up perfectly with NA He-Man. I actually have him using this shield instead of the Lord Masque one.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    It was. it matches up perfectly with NA He-Man. I actually have him using this shield instead of the Lord Masque one.
    Great! But we are missing the power sword and the NA He-Man chest band in silver color to complete this Battle-Punch variant. Interestingly we have the full armor in silver - that came with Dare/He-Ro2.

I really want to see the Thunder Punch He-Man armour: http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1384

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I'm not really a big New Adventure HM fan but I dang love them figures.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Great! But we are missing the power sword and the NA He-Man chest band in silver color to complete this Battle-Punch variant. Interestingly we have the full armor in silver - that came with Dare/He-Ro2.
    We need a new Weapon Pak with at least:

1) NA Thunder Punch He-Man Armor in fluorescent green
    2.) NA Battle Punch He-Man harness in silver
    3.) NA Battle Punch He-Man Power Sword
    4.) Snake Armor He-Man shield
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

I think they sent him Ghostbusters samples recently but it seems they no longer bother with MOTUC.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to get this figure. Fingers crossed he doesn't have wonky eyes. Been wanting this guy since I first saw him on the card backs and in the UK comics. Hope we get all the Galactic Guardians and Mutants.

This is a really impressive looking figure!

It's a shame they don't send early samples. I still watch the reviews, just to support Dan, but it's nowhere near as special as getting a good look at a figure that's days or even weeks from coming out. So far this year, I've had every single figure in hand before I see the reviews, so it's really not all that fun to watch. I still watch them to support Dan's work, but it just isn't the same.

I wonder if we could start a petition to get him back in the early sample game?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    It's on his left shoulder cape strap too.

Shame he has those horrible new ankle joints. Not sure why they have been re-designed as they had got the old style ones nice and tight before. One is lose on my Darius.
    Last edited by Rodster6; June 22, 2016 at 06:09pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    It's on his left shoulder cape strap too.

Shame he has those horrible new ankle joints. Not sure why they have been re-designed as they had got the old style ones nice and tight before. One is lose on my Darius.
    The old ones were TOO tight, and barely moved. The new ones have much better range of motion. If you're having serious issues, they can be tightened.

I never had a problem with the ankles being too tight. Didn't realise anyone did? The new stick ankles look horrible like they have a cyborg ankle or something. I don't really want to have to tighten ankles myself on toys that a few months ago had tight ankles till a pointless redesign. Seems backwards.
    Last edited by Rodster6; June 24, 2016 at 06:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I thought so too. Anyone know if that is from the original prototype or a neat detail the 4H added? I'm sure it's added.
    It's added. I've seen the Darius prototype in person and I didn't see anything like that on him. But he did taste delicious.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I never had a problem with the ankles being too tight. Didn't realise anyone did? The new stick ankles look horrible like they have a cyborg ankle or something. I don't really want to have to tghten ankles myself on toys that a few months ago had tight ankles till a pointless redesign. Seems backwards.
    The new ankles have much, much better range of motion, check out my thread for a comparison: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...the-new-ankles

I never had a problem posing the figures before. I've never had the figures doing the splits though so maybe that's why. I just don't need that much of a range of motion, especially at the expense of it looking good.

Heroic Warrior
    Any on going defects with this figure that's a common occurrence?