Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOYGURU: Please UPDATE us this WEEKEND

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar

TOYGURU: Please UPDATE us this WEEKEND

This is the final weekend for our beloved toy line. Please give us updates on our progress this weekend.
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

Only 4 more that need updating:

Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

Q: Are we going to get any updates on the weekend sales progress / Kowlometer over the weekend or are we waiting for final results on Tuesday (8/25)?
    A: "There will unlikely be any further meter updates over the weekend I'm afraid since the Mattel offices are closed at weekends." -Catra's Wrath

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    I know. I work from home all the time!
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

Only 4 more that need updating:

Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

Does anybody else think it's crazy to base the fate of the line on people being on a computer during the weekend?
    So...nobody works at Mattel on the weekends, so nobody can really monitor it and hop online to fill us in to really "push us" if it's not working...or to shoot a quick video...or even show another figure to entice if it's not doing well?

I don't understand this logic at all. What company solely relies on weekend progress?

This isn't a "dead line" like DC was...this is the last year and the line that keeps Mattycollector afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Does anybody else think it's crazy to base the fate of the line on people being on a computer during the weekend?
    So...nobody works at Mattel on the weekends, so nobody can really monitor it and hop online to fill us in to really "push us" if it's not working...or to shoot a quick video...or even show another figure to entice if it's not doing well?

I don't understand this logic at all. What company solely relies on weekend progress?

This isn't a "dead line" like DC was...this is the last year and the line that keeps Mattycollector afloat.
    The line either sinks or swims this week-end. Updates are not going to change a whole heck of a lot I'm afraid.

At this point, you are either in or not. Not much more can be said from either side that is going to sway people to sub up if they haven't already.

Even though Scott was on vacation during the initial sub ending period he was still on the boards periodically answering questions and providing updates. I'm not saying that will happen with this extended deadline sub sell in, but chances are Scott will chime in. I realize Catra indicated otherwise, but this was probably in an effort to give Scott the all clear to stay away if he wanted. But from all indications he's a fan like us and I'm sure he knows how desperate many of us will be to know how we're doing.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    The line either sinks or swims this week-end. Updates are not going to change a whole heck of a lot I'm afraid.

At this point, you are either in or not. Not much more can be said from either side that is going to sway people to sub up if they haven't already.
    While I agree...if it's not tracking well, it would be in Mattel's best interest to unveil a figure to help entice in the 11th hour.

I could totally see scott giving updates at end of day today and on Monday... that is fine in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamutstreet View Post
    This is the final weekend for our beloved toy line. Please give us updates on our progress this weekend.
    Unless he's back from his trip, he's not even going to be in the right state, and in any case the office will be closed. I severely doubt we will have any information until Monday afternoon.
    Last edited by No-Ah; August 22, 2014 at 03:44pm.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Well it re-opened like 3 days later than it should have, so nothing surprises me with DR/Matty.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I would have liked an update on the Saturday but I guess we are not likely to get one.

Let's just hope we get good news after the weekend.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

An update on Monday wouldn't be out of the question...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    An update on Monday wouldn't be out of the question...
    Let's hope it won't be "The line is cancelled at 95%". The horror!

Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    Let's hope it won't be "The line is cancelled at 95%". The horror!
    The horror indeed.

99% would be worse...
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    The horror indeed.

99% would be worse...
    Surely they couldn't be that stupid anything above 95%, they should let slide.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfAtTheGates View Post
    Seriously, they should approve it right now... I think the subs reopening is just to stop the loss of too much blood. 90+% is a go as far as I'm concerned... Matty risks ******* everyone off if the cancel... that would mean a plummet in mini figure subs, giants and Mattycollector. Most fans are insane :skink: so I can easily imagine them boycotting everything for a while if this doesn't go thru. Fans have busted their butts getting the word out and subbing, more than they should, combining subs with others, making posters, etc. You can't slap all those in the face because we are off 5%. That would be idiotic... yes it's Mattel, but I still can't see that happening... just put it up for DOS, many will still sell out!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Seriously, they should approve it right now... I think the subs reopening is just to stop the loss of too much blood. 90+% is a go as far as I'm concerned... Matty risks ******* everyone off if the cancel... that would mean a plummet in mini figure subs, giants and Mattycollector. Most fans are insane :skink: so I can easily imagine them boycotting everything for a while if this doesn't go thru. Fans have busted their butts getting the word out and subbing, more than they should, combining subs with others, making posters, etc. You can't slap all those in the face because we are off 5%. That would be idiotic... yes it's Mattel, but I still can't see that happening... just put it up for DOS, many will still sell out!
    I agree 100%. The backlash from not putting the sub through, could tank all of their future plans for the motu IP.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Court Magician
    Hasn't Scott stated numerous times that vintage figures DOS sell out like... instantly? So I can't see a problem with selling the remaining 10% of the needed subs as DOS.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfAtTheGates View Post
    Yeah I really think the sub for next year is safe. They're just trying to get as close to 100% as possible so they have as much guaranteed income as they can. Any percentage that isn't sold during the sub sell-in can just be extra DOS.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    Hasn't Scott stated numerous times that vintage figures DOS sell out like... instantly? So I can't see a problem with selling the remaining 10% of the needed subs as DOS.
    Good point. In the past it could be rationalized that a new concept figure may not sell, but they're basically guaranteed to sell the remainder of the figures if even we only reach 90% of subs Honestly, it would be foolish to cancel the line even at were we are now (don't even mention if we get in the mid 90's range )

If there were some sort of gauge that told us "We still need 243 subs," I think that would totally drive us to 100%. Being able to watch that number get closer and closer would rally everyone even more so than what we're experiencing now. This suspense is terrible. I really hope Toyguru gives us some sort of update over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzOff1981 View Post
    If there were some sort of gauge that told us "We still need 243 subs," I think that would totally drive us to 100%. Being able to watch that number get closer and closer would rally everyone even more so than what we're experiencing now. This suspense is terrible. I really hope Toyguru gives us some sort of update over the weekend.
    Agreed. A weekend update (non snl) would be grand.

From a business standpoint, no updates makes more sense. Each of us has our own idea about what minimum percentage is acceptable for the Classics line to continue on in 2015 (100%, 98%, 95%, etc.). If we reach 95% before the end of the sale, it is reasonable to assume there would be fewer subscriptions sold. If the sale progress we're making is left a mystery, fans will be more likely to further push for more sales, and will subscribe, which benefits all He-Man and She-Ra fans who are collecting these toys. Mattel is smart to keep that information private. Also, as Catra's Wrath pointed out, Mattel's office is closed on the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    The "day of" sales do not factor into whether the line continues or not. Mattel needs guaranteed sales, which is why there is a subscription offered. Without guaranteed sales, the company would be taking a substantial risk in the money it invests in designing and producing these toys. Given Mattel's struggling revenue and stock performance, any further risk is going to be seen as toxic and will be avoided when at all possible. That is why Toyguru has told us Mattel management will not budge on any 2016 plans until it sees the 2015 Club Eternia subscription move forward.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; August 23, 2014 at 03:14pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Catra said that Mattel proper was closed...but we know TG has put in time on his own time to make videos and updates....so it doesn't mean he won't do something before they close them again on Monday.

Also remember we're not the only group pushing to sub sales....there are several people on Matty's FB page that are buying subs. Let's hope it's enough come the end of the day on Monday.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Am I the only person who feels like Matty flat out lies about the percentage on a yearly basis? How do we know it's actually 92% or whatever? Just because they say so?