Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 200X Variants of Characters Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

200X Variants of Characters Thread

According to Toyguru, 200X head pak is too morbid and won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Actually, a "head pack" is one of the least likely things to happen. We did propose this and management did put the definitive kabash on it feeling it was a bit morbid to have a group of heads in a package without a "body" as well as feeling it was not the best use of resources. (on the second part I agree knowing what limited resources we have and how intensive heads can be with so many paint ops)

Originally we actually talked about making Prince Adam's extra head the SDCC give-away (like Gleek) but much like a "head pack" this was also thought to be a bit morbid (a head in a bag...yeah, I can see that)

If we do 200X heads they will be with a figure. After all, we need to save things for key refreshes down the line.

So for those wanting 200X heads, keep the chant going. For those wanting a head pack, that I can pretty much tell you will never happen.

TG
    As everyone can see, the man himself has said "keep the chant going". Thus, we have this thread to gather these chants. So chant, chant, chant, 200X fans!

This thread is for fan voices to be heard if you want Classicized 200X heads on these MOTUC figures that were affected by Mattel's "No More 200X Heads" policy that they passed in August 2010:

200X heads we are missing in Classics:
    Buzz-Off
    Sy-Klone
    Grizzlor
    Clawful
    Snout Spout
    Rattlor
    Unfortunately, as more vintage characters are revealed they might be added to the list.

The characters below were originally on the list, but are really different cases.

Roboto is more of a case of a different variant altogether, the WMD Roboto from MYP.
    Faceless One needs a better face, which could come with an upcoming Evil-Lyn variant.
    Although 200X heads are usually the most requested of the alternate heads, this thread can also help champion alternate heads PERIOD, such as a Bruce Timm King Hsss head or a helmeted Netossa head. So this thing isn't only about 200X alternate heads, but those of any figure that Mattel missed out on for whatever reason.

Alternate heads we are missing in Classics:
    Blonde Teela w Ponytail
    Unhelmeted Man-At-Arms
    Bruce Timm King Hsss
    Filmation Frosta
    Helmeted Netossa
    As many fans have suggested, they want actual bodies to come with those heads, rather than the heads that they aren't using are gathering dust somewhere.

Who else is down to get those alternate heads of Roboto, Sy-Klone, Buzz-Off, Grizzlor, Clawful and other upcoming figures who have 200X heads?

Here's who is chanting for variants with a 200X head --95 of us. If I've missed anyone, let me know and I'll add you!

²He-Ro
    Agent Gibbs
    Aramis
    Barezz
    Barnster
    Battle_Brak
    BCreviews4628
    Berserker79
    bezem
    Bulkhide
    cayman shen
    CicconeSC
    claw guy 3
    CocoaSmooth
    colt44
    dagodfather
    Daniel Lynch
    Dark Sorceress
    Darkspecter
    DarthFaker
    dedset13
    DemoMan
    DJ Force
    DO4M
    dorrmann
    Dragonblaster
    dr phiz
    Eric
    Eternian Poet
    evenflow
    fball13z
    flitzi
    Flor2099
    FROSTYTALL1
    gatchagrey
    General Hawk 7
    GigaMach
    GLJossan
    He-Dad
    hlinhk128
    HordeMonkey
    iceman51880
    illicitjedi
    jerec350
    JorReno
    kalel0201
    Kevenn
    kinggreyskull2011
    KingRandor82
    kup
    kylun flac
    Lay Ze-Man
    lipster
    lorde trooper
    Mamblo
    marndt8448
    Masamune
    MasterCollector
    MegaGearMax
    Mechthild
    mossyman
    motufan425
    MrRoboto
    Mr_Yuck
    NagAAsi
    Neo
    Niki
    orbles
    Piccolo Daimaoh
    Prahvus
    PrinceAdam101
    RavenousPuma
    Romer
    Sabretooth
    SAMURAI36
    sephron13
    Shecky
    skeletom
    skully
    Staff Of Ka
    synthalus
    Swanmarsh
    T-man
    The Butler
    Thrawn29
    TJRules
    TUC138
    VaultsofGrayskull
    Viper Steve
    Vlcan
    warrenpeace2012
    wolfsfang
    Yogopop
    Zodach

There would have been more fans added to the list above if Toyguru mentioned that the bodies could have some new elements as well to further justify purchasing any of these variants.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; Yesterday at 08:05am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I want those alternate heads. So CHANT! CHANT! CHANT!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Grizzlor, Buzz-Off and Sy-Klone will have to be more than just the same figure with a 200x inspired head for me to buy them again.

I am for extra heads in the first release, but unless the figure is remarkably different, MOTU King Hsss/200x King Hsss, then I don't see the reason to do a 200x variant of an MOTUC figure.

Just put the 200x/variant/new design/modern head in with figure as a second head. Problem solved

I would've preferred to get both Buzz-Off's at once like I did Whiplash, but if a MO2K Buzz-Off is out there in the future on the line, then sign me up.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Heroic Warrior
    I want some 200x heads, too...I´m okay to buy a new whole figure

I hear online petitions work wonders...

Only if the tooling is more than just a head for some refreshes. I will not buy a 200X Buzz-Off figure if the only diference is a head they could have just packed in with the figure and same goes for Grizzlor, Sy-Klone or any of the other only head is the difference. I want legimate variants for my figures, not BA Armor Skeletor, Scuba Teela and such. I moreso would prefer Snake Armor He-Man since he wore that armor in some sort of media, unlike BA He-Man. Captain Randor is another worthy variant as is NA He-Man/Skeletor. the rest if they come in my sub WILL be sold off as they are not seen as necessary to me.

What do I want? 200X HEADS! When do I want them? ASAP!
    But NOT AS SDCC Con attendee EXCLUSIVES!!
    Call them "Upgrade packs" toss an Alternate head (not necessarily 200X in some cases) with a few repainted weapons/armor.
    We're ADULTS and THIS IS AN ADULT ORIENTED COLLECTORS LINE. We can accept a head pack and not be terrified of it. I could understand the morbidness of a head pack if the line was aimed at children...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I still think the reason the 200x heads were stopped is so Mattel can "refresh the figure down the line"

What I read out of this is Mattel are going to bleed the colletors so they buy the same figure again, except this time it has a 200x head.

It is the Malibu Stacy business plan

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainboy View Post
    I hear online petitions work wonders...
    Don't I know it. Fortunately, the man himself told us to do this above. I highlighted it so that all the fans who don't like petitions or support threads can see that Toyguru told us that this is what was needed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

200x heads for the win!
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    CHANT CHANT CHANT! But yeah, really I think it'd be awesome to have 200X stuff!

Heroic Warrior
    Bring ´em on!

But what about helmetless heads? Zodak, Duncan, maybe even Ram-Man and Mekaneck... Those guys deserve a head without helmet, but I cannot see them getting "a refresh down the line". Zodak is already out, being a "refresh" of Zodac. Man-At-Arms would likely not get a variant, as his armor basically was always the same. Same with Rammy and Mek.
    The only character I could think of would be Stratos. Toss in some new sculpts, add Trap-Jaw legs and make a head without helmet - fine!

And, what about more Royal Guards? We have an army builder set, but only 4 heads we can put on the bodies. We can double the "army" from 4 to 8 when adding the mouth guard, so the faces aren´t fully visible. But even 8 guards ist not really an army, is it? Especially when one face is a Snake Man that better should not be enlisted in the royal army.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    What do I want? 200X HEADS! When do I want them? ASAP!
    But NOT AS SDCC Con attendee EXCLUSIVES!!
    I think that deserved repeating.

SDCC exclusives should be repaints only. Not new sculpts.

SDCC Logo He-Ro and Colour Change Orko were fine choices for exclusives. The DC ones (Gleek and the Starro spores) were not.

If you're going to spend money tooling new sculpts, then everyone should be able to buy them, not just convention attendees.

You know, this seems like a no brainer. For every figure to date that had 2 different heads, I have purchased 3 of them. 1 MOC and 2 openers so that I can display with the different heads. So why not include the extra head and sell more figures. You'd be less likely to sell 2 MAA if sold at different times, each with a different head. The palace guards will require 2 openers to display all heads as well. I like the extra heads because it gives me, a huge toy nerd and collector, the opportunity to display 2 different looking figures. It also helps the customizers to have extra heads without having to necessarily sacrafice an entire figure.

Bring on the bonus heads!

I'm all for 200x styled figures being released as variants. Hell, that's what they are. I'd definitely buy a figure over again for that.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    I, for one, won't like it if they rerelease figures with new heads that they could have packaged as extras with the first release of the toy!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    As many fans have suggested, they want actual bodies to come with those heads, rather than the heads gathering dust somewhere.

I don't have a problem with that.

Who else is down with this to get those alternate heads of Roboto, Sy-Klone, Buzz-Off, Grizzlor and other upcoming figures?
    I don't have a problem with that, either. I'm all for it, and I'll buy the figures again to get 200X versions (not just heads but paint opps and weapons, too). They're truly unique interpretations of the characters and deserve their own figures.

A head pack would be cool, but it's never been tops on my list. I'd prefer a new figure (again, paint opp and weapons) with a new head to just a new head to put on the figure I already have.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    If this means we finally get the variant heads for Grizzlor and Buzz Off, i'm all for it. I don't quite get the whole "we think the the head packs are morbid" thing frankly. It's an adult collectors line for Pete's sake. If we can handle characters with faces melted off, we could handle a head pack
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; December 10, 2010 at 09:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I still think the reason the 200x heads were stopped is so Mattel can "refresh the figure down the line"

What I read out of this is Mattel are going to bleed the colletors so they buy the same figure again, except this time it has a 200x head.

It is the Malibu Stacy business plan

TOTALLY agree with this. I will NOT buy a Buzz-Off figure just to get a new head. If they had done Buzz-Off exactly like the vintage (no extra legs, no long axe), then MAYBE, but this new version would be JUST a new head.

They need to figure out a cool way to do this... make them new characters, and/or put them in two-packs (Andreenid warriors, etc.).

They also better not take up an A-List variant slot. I do not want these as subscription figures.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I would definitely be up for refreshed figures with a new head-sculpt and/or new weapon. My hope would be that these would be in addition to the subscription/A-list variant slots so fans who do not want refreshes/variants are not stuck with them as part of the sub AND that they don't push back release of other A-list variants in greater demand.

But then again, I thought Smash Blade He-Man (ditto for Power Glove MAA, Trap Orko and Sky Strike Stratos) was an ingenious way to keep a generic He-Man looking figure on the shelves when later waves were released. It was a perfect figure fans could either leave in stores cos they already had a "He-Man" or pick up if they were completists.

I'd love a new Webstor figure with the only change being the Filmation designed shoulder-shooting hooks from the X-backpack.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

YES!!! I'm all for extra 200X heads!!!
    Make them happen again! Refresh figures with them etc.
    As long as they aren't included in the subscription.

/off-topic
    As far as head packs go, Ghostbusters 2 must have a extremely morbid head pack
    Mattel, make this happen, we need all those ghosts featured in both Ghostbusters movies!
    They definably are ghosts that featured in the movie!
    THIS!!!

The impaled heads
    Last edited by synthalus; December 11, 2010 at 07:25am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

HD figures on youtube
    Oh heck yeah! Sign me up! Sy-klone, Skeletor(rather have the full figure though), Buzz-Off, Grizzlor, and Teela!

Sounds like they have the 200x variant figures on the table - should be good.

The bios could say that the MOTUniverse fell into the Hyper-anime-detail Dimension, before falling into Dimension Bootleg?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Here's one more voice to join the chanting. However, I agree with kagamigod in that if they are planning on selling a whole new figure with just the 200X head instead of the vintage head, that's not going to cut it. Even though they were all reused parts, Zodak a.k.a. Zodac 200X got new boots, a new loincloth and a new weapon, plus darker skin and tattoos. Grizzlor is an exception because he already got his 200X loincloth and weapons, but I would expect extra tooling for such design elements where appropriate and necessary. For instance a MOTUC 200X Whiplash should have a classicized version of his new loincloth and green instead of dark blue boot-feet. (Sadly I don't think we'll ever see such a beast now that the 200X head is already out.)
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/