Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 200X Variants of Characters Thread

Those are AMAZING Lay Ze-Man, i hope you've posted those on the matty forums so they can see what we're all talking about. I was very happy when I heard that there would be 200X style heads at first, then utterly disappointed when it all fell apart with grizzlor. I would gladly have given up an extra weapon or two for the extra face. When I heard that the horsemen had sculpted the extra parts but then that Matty wouldn't be including them I was all like:

sigh... I can only hope that the plan is to release specific 200X inspired (not styled, for that is retired, so says Matty) figures of the characters. I can see how that would make more sense for them to sell two figures eventually than one and I'd buy two of the same figure anyway to display the different heads, but c'mon...

Bring on the 200X Heads!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely want more 200x heads. Sculpt some new more-insect like legs and arms for Buzz-Off, and give him the 200x head and call him "Ambrosia-Powered Buzz-Off."
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I very much support 200X heads being included with their respective bodies!

While I love a lot of the old figures, MOTU really entered my consciousness with the 200x line, so I am really found of many of the designs from that line. My favorite MOTUC are the figures that really combine the best elements of both vintage and 200X figures. Best example in my mind is Moss Man. I really hope these new mandates from on high don't prevent a new head like that from being made.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New poll is up!

Until Toyguru comes back to correct any wrong assumptions, we've got to have an idea what we are asking for. Some of us would gladly re-buy a figure if he had a 200X head, while others want more changes than just a 200X head.

Should the 200X elements be only limited to 200X variants?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 13, 2010 at 11:51am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Since we got official pics, thought I'd have some fun with Sy-Klone.

I wanted to see how he'd look with the shoulder rings and leg fins.
    And then, I took it a step further.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Since we got official pics, thought I'd have some fun with Sy-Klone.

I wanted to see how he'd look with the shoulder rings and leg fins.
    And then, I took it a step further.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../sy-klone3.jpg

Oh!, I like it! I LIKE it a LOT! A perfect combination between Vintage and New!
    Four thumbs up!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Word. Now THAT, I would have been more excited about. That's what I was trying to tell people about--vintage face, classicized 200X helmet.

Lay-Z, I've got two requests...could you do one without the leg fins or the shoulder rings, but keep the new head? And do one with all of the new elements except the leg fins?

I further explain the poll choices.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Lay-Z, I've got two requests...could you do one without the leg fins or the shoulder rings, but keep the new head?
    Like this?

And do one with all of the new elements except the leg fins?
    And this?

And yeah, notice it IS in fact a "Classics-ized Modern helmet" and not in any way a precise 200x replica.
    The helmet ornaments are in fact the back ring, scaled down.

Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Eh...I like the more vintage helmet with just the ring. That newer one looks too samurai-like for my tastes and brings a taste of bad variants to me. But what do I know, I'm more of a vintage purist.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

Now that second picture is what I wanted out of Sy-Klone, when I created MY mockup. The first one pic looks off without the shoulder rings, but it does raise the bar. Chances are that's the Sk-Klone we would be getting if this 200X thing comes to pass. Those shoulder rings really helped to spice him up.

One final pic, Lay-Z? Vintage Sy-Klone, but add the shoulder rings (as if they weren't removable, like all of the other 200X elements).

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    TOTALLY agree with this. I will NOT buy a Buzz-Off figure just to get a new head. If they had done Buzz-Off exactly like the vintage (no extra legs, no long axe), then MAYBE, but this new version would be JUST a new head.

They need to figure out a cool way to do this... make them new characters, and/or put them in two-packs (Andreenid warriors, etc.).

They also better not take up an A-List variant slot. I do not want these as subscription figures.
    as much as i would like a 200x buzz-off head, if all they do is is re-issue characters with just a new head i am not wasting money on it.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    as much as i would like a 200x buzz-off head, if all they do is is re-issue characters with just a new head i am not wasting money on it.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...10#post2595410

Vote on this poll...

Now I've seen a mock-up of it I really want that 200x buzz-off head, it looks so much better then the classic one.
    Last edited by 13977; December 15, 2010 at 05:30am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Not to steal MGM's thunder, but here's another poll kind along these lines:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=201429

And MGM, sorry for the delay, is this what you're wanting on that last request?

Yup. Thanks Lay-Z!

I'll add the polls to the front of the thread.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Well...Lay Ze-Man did it. While I like the MOTUC pictures of Sy-Klone we've seen, he seemed to plain and kind of "meh." The red ring was a great addition, but I missed the 200X additional head we for SURE would have got if he was made last year.

Anyway, I knew something was missing on Sy-Klone because of just how plain he looked. Lay Z nailed it. It's the thigh find and arm rings.

The arm rings could even be removeable like Trap-Jaw's little black arm ring. So sad.

I LOVE this (and the extra 200X head piece):

Fantastic job. All your 200X mock-ups are.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

More!!!

More 200x please!!!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    That is a good point that is brought up.. if they aren't going to do or include the 200x heads, why can't they then modernize the vintage heads up a bit?
    That was what I was hoping for with Sy-Klone. That they would have tossed in a modernized vintage head. But I guess that would confuse moms and kids just as an outright 200X head would.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Anyway, I knew something was missing on Sy-Klone because of just how plain he looked. Lay Z nailed it. It's the thigh find and arm rings.
    Glad you dig it, but with my mock-ups I'm just borrowing from what the Horsemen have already done.

And although I do really like Sy-Klone as is, I do think the extra rings and fins would've gone a long way to spice him up from his current more formaldehyde/amber status.

The arm rings could even be removeable like Trap-Jaw's little black arm ring. So sad.
    What I will never understand though, is why anything non-vintage must be made removable, or be able to be hidden out of view in the package, like anything new is something to be ashamed of.

Toyguru says that's his influence when we see that, and it definitely seems such a bizarre thing to fixate on, trying to duplicate the vintage MOC look so specifically on the one hand, but on the other use an infinitely inferior package design.

If they were wanting to replicate the vintage MOC's so slavishly, you'd think they'd go with the best aspects of the vintage MOC look, right?

What I will never understand though, is why anything non-vintage must be made removable, or be able to be hidden out of view in the package, like anything new is something to be ashamed of.
    To Mattel, it is. The vintage MOTU line made them a billion dollars, 200X didn't. To this day, Mattel doesn't accept the blame for mis-marketing 200X. They blamed the fans and the designs.

Toyguru says that's his influence when we see that, and it definitely seems such a bizarre thing to fixate on, trying to duplicate the vintage MOC look so specifically on the one hand, but on the other use an infinitely inferior package design.

If they were wanting to replicate the vintage MOC's so slavishly, you'd think they'd go with the best aspects of the vintage MOC look, right?
    They are going with what worked. The packaging evokes nostalgia too, even down to the way the characters are packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    To Mattel, it is. The vintage MOTU line made them a billion dollars, 200X didn't. To this day, Mattel doesn't accept the blame for mis-marketing 200X. They blamed the fans and the designs.
    This doesn't make any sense, because most agree that She-Ra's toy head look was not the most successful incarnation of her, so if it's about what's successful, then She-Ra's TOY head should've been packed out to the side.

The way it's rolling out now, it's way more like someone's weird, personal obsession.

They are going with what worked. The packaging evokes nostalgia too, even down to the way the characters are packaged.
    Really? I don't ever seem to remember the heads of the vintage figures being cut off by the MotU logo.

Point is, if they REALLY want this to be a painstaking recreation of the vintage line (which increasingly, it seems they do) then they would ditch the phony-brick Grayskull design and bring back the vibrant, red exploding-rocks with a bubble and tray layout which actually lets you see the figure.

This doesn't make any sense, because most agree that She-Ra's toy head look was not the most successful incarnation of her, so if it's about what's successful, then She-Ra's TOY head should've been packed out to the side.

The way it's rolling out now, it's way more like someone's weird, personal obsession.
    You mean the mythical 200X hating Mattel exec?

Maybe Mattel tries to be as vintage-minded as possible with all of the eras. Man-At-Arms, Teela, She-Ra and Bow's alternate heads are the most popular looks from those characters, but their vintage looks all won out in the end.

Really? I don't ever seem to remember the heads of the vintage figures being cut off by the MotU logo.

Point is, if they REALLY want this to be a painstaking recreation of the vintage line (which increasingly, it seems they do) then they would ditch the phony-brick Grayskull design and bring back the vibrant, red exploding-rocks with a bubble and tray layout which actually lets you see the figure.
    Maybe Management didn't care about the packaging when it was going to be only 7 figures. They started micromanaging when MOTUC proved that it had staying power, as seen with the 200X heads.

What I don't get is that if the hardcore fans (the only audience MOTUC has, besides the casual online toy collector) are against the removal of 200X heads, then why take them away?

On the 200X mock-up, everything looked fine with the additional shoulder rings and leg blades....until that "samurai" helmet was added on. It's too much and doesn't look right at all.

I like the way MOTUC Sy-Klone is designed in it's final form, but the other small additions would have been welcomed. However, with Mattel/Four Horsemen trying to share as many parts as possible, I can see why they were not included.