Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 200X Variants of Characters Thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Glad you dig it, but with my mock-ups I'm just borrowing from what the Horsemen have already done.

And although I do really like Sy-Klone as is, I do think the extra rings and fins would've gone a long way to spice him up from his current more formaldehyde/amber status.
    I know it's not "100% never before seen stuff" you did, but you "classicized" 200X elements that would have made him look real snazzy.

What I will never understand though, is why anything non-vintage must be made removable, or be able to be hidden out of view in the package, like anything new is something to be ashamed of.
    I don't really look at it that way. I LOVE removeable...anything really. It gives a lot of different display/look possibilities. I have always, always loved and treasured my action figures that have:

1) Removeable armour, helmets, clothes, faces (human robots), extra hands, heads, etc.
    2) Translucent pieces (accessories, ghosts from Ghostbusters, etc.).
    3) Glow in the dark anything.

trying to duplicate the vintage MOC look so specifically on the one hand, but on the other use an infinitely inferior package design.

If they were wanting to replicate the vintage MOC's so slavishly, you'd think they'd go with the best aspects of the vintage MOC look, right?
    Oh...don't even get me started on that one. They recreated a "bellybutton" but not the red and blue POWER colours (most people's favourite colours) which are THE epitome of classic when it comes to MOTU.

I...I just can't talk about it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

King Hiss is actaully 200X Mer Man

Last edited by claw guy 3; December 24, 2010 at 05:46am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuanfu View Post
    While both sides of the argument is valid the points still are:
    1. this is not the 200x line and it never will be. Anyone expecting it to be will always be disappointed
    A 200X head on a Classics figure doesn't make it a 200X figure.

While I understand that some are "upset" over the figures, it may be their idea of what it should be is a bit unrealistic based on the parameters of this line.
    Extra heads aren't unrealistic at all.

I personally like the imaginative reuse of the buck-how your can simply but a He-Man head on Grayskull's body, stand him next to regular He-Man, and -even though at that point they are the same exact figure- look and feel different based on a few changes in paint and armor. It shows how perfect the basic design truly is.
    That shows how great an idea the head swapping and removable armor features are, not how good the classic designs are.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That shows how great an idea the head swapping and removable armor features are, not how good the classic designs are.
    I see what you did there but I think it actually shows both. My response was more directed at the general comments about the reuse of parts being "to classic for the classics line". My point was that I like the reuse of the classic buck but-on the topic of heads (which I really didn't mention) I also think the option should be there to have a 200x head when it's needed-like Buzz-Off. Would I have used it? Who knows. I know some swear by classics Whiplash but I really dig the modern head. It's all a personal preference. But I do I agree that with the cost of figures and the amount of reuse of parts that a few heads thrown in here and there should not be such a hard thing to do to make 'most' everyone happy and allow for that personal preference. When they announced no more 200x heads it was be-puzzling. But then they announced the royal guards with 4 heads. Hmmm. I agree with others: I think management saw the extra head sculpts as possible reissues of the line (maybe a 200x Classics) when MOTUC starts to drop off. As much as we hate it they do it all the time in other toy lines. Not saying it excuses it and if they do it it better NOT be started in the middle of a year- that's a great way to make all those sub holders-myself included- start raising heck.
    Last edited by Shuanfu; December 23, 2010 at 11:33am.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    King Hiss is actaully 200X Mer Man :hmeek
    Oh wow, that's brilliant! I hope the Toy Guru and the 4H see this.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Woooo! Classicized 200x refresh! Chant chant chant!

I agree though with the sentiment that if I'm going to be buying a whole new figure, I want more than the head redone. I expect the body/armor to be different too. Man-at-Arms can have a simple redeco with more 200x inspired armor (classicized, of course, not hyper-detailed) with something like an arm cannon that fits over one hand and a new helmet-less head. Evil-lyn hopefully could have a more 200x style outfit with her white/grey skin and two heads: one without a helmet and one with. If I saw these type of refreshes, I would happily buy these figures again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    Oh wow, that's brilliant! I hope the Toy Guru and the 4H see this.
    Thanks Who knows if it will actually work. I'd been looking at Hiss's loin cloth and thought it would be good on the TRU blue Mer Man and then it hit me that with very few part swaps we had an alternate MM.

I also think Hiss has parts for a 200X Khan, Squeeze and Rattlor

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    where can i see all the MOTUC pictures from the convention?

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    where can i see all the MOTUC pictures from the convention?
    If you go to 'View All News' on the main page then select July 2010 they are all there.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    A 200X head on a Classics figure doesn't make it a 200X figure.

Extra heads aren't unrealistic at all.

QFT. I agree 100% with this. It's insulting how Mattel tries to put a 200x head in a pack with a completly vintage updated figure and wants us to believe that this is the ultimate version of the figure. NO IT'S NOT. It's a damn vintage figure with a 200x head. Sure I'll take it if it's all I can get but I think it sucks quite honestly. And no head pack because it's too morbid? What are we children? Rediculous. And lets not forget all of you vintage die hards, this line was originally going to be 200x focused and contine where the stactions left off. Makes me sick everytime I hear "this line is for vintage fans so get over it". Get over yourselves and your precious vintage figures. And another thing that angers me is that they feel that we shouldn't have 200x figures in this line because it ended not too long ago. Um...newsflash, those figures were not articulated like MOTUC figures so we have just as much right as vintage fans to get an updated line. Rant over...for now

That.is.genious.

Long live 200x! We will have our day in the hot sun!
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; December 24, 2010 at 10:03am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I personally dont like 95% of the 200X line, but I truly wish that TG and Co fought to retain the extra heads, so that others like MGM could enjoy this line (and the recent Buzz Off,Roboto and Grizzlor) as much as I have!

Aside from the Reversed shoulders and the soft weapons, I seriously cant fault the last three figures, but thats easy for me because I would like them as 'Vintage' as possible. Thats why I got on board the MOTUC Train.

hopefully A list variants will surface sooner rather than later, featuring Modern heads.

ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Cornboy says the 4H DID make a 200X Buzz-Off head.

Amazing news!!! Hopefully, like Grizzlor, this will be eventually released one day.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Regarding a "young" Adam:

I am wondering if there even is a place for a 200X Adam as a "young" version of the same character we know. We know that relatively soon after Adam united both halves of the Power Sword (during his early Battles against Skeletor) he was able to tap into the Power of the Universe to create his Battle Armor. From BA Skeletor's bio we now know that Adam starts to use his Battle Armor when he is 20 years old. Assuming that Adam has to be around the age of 16 or younger for his 200X appearance to make sense, I do not really see space for the 200X incarnation. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

I am wondering if there even is a place for a 200X Adam as a "young" version of the same character we know. We know that relatively soon after Adam united both halves of the Power Sword (during his early Battles against Skeletor) he was able to tap into the Power of the Universe to create his Battle Armor. From BA Skeletor's bio we now know that Adam starts to use his Battle Armor when he is 20 years old. Assuming that Adam has to be around the age of 16 or younger for his 200X appearance to make sense, I do not really see space for the 200X incarnation. What do you think?
    I think I don't care if they have to write it as "once upon a dream", I WANT my 200X ADAM FIGURE!!!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Amazing news!!! Hopefully, like Grizzlor, this will be eventually released one day.
    Argh! Oh well...maybe in a refresh.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I would really like to see a picture of this head.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I definitely want more 200x heads. Sculpt some new more-insect like legs and arms for Buzz-Off, and give him the 200x head and call him "Ambrosia-Powered Buzz-Off."

Yeah, if they are going to make 200X stuff, I want whole variant figures.
    I'll take whatever 200X I can get, but would prefer whole figures.
    Evil Lyn, Prince Adam, King Randor, He-Man, Trap-Jaw, Buzz-Off, Roboto, Whiplash, Beastman, etc etc etc. I'd buy them all again, and Im sure they'd sell out just as normal.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would LOVE a head's pack!! Fans would understand that a heads pack would have to cost more money than a simple weapons pack due to tooling and paint app's. If Matty priced them correctly, they could easily recoup their cost and make alot of collectors happy! I think the real reason they will never do this is because for every extra head we get, that reduces the number of variants they can sell us in the future.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    What do I want? 200X HEADS! When do I want them? ASAP!
    But NOT AS SDCC Con attendee EXCLUSIVES!!
    Call them "Upgrade packs" toss an Alternate head (not necessarily 200X in some cases) with a few repainted weapons/armor.
    We're ADULTS and THIS IS AN ADULT ORIENTED COLLECTORS LINE. We can accept a head pack and not be terrified of it. I could understand the morbidness of a head pack if the line was aimed at children...
    LOL. I agree. I ain't afraid of no heads.
    "Mind bottling, isn't it?"
    -Chazz Michael Michaels

http://www.patrickgarone.com

http://www.twitter.com/patrickgarone

Join the Facebook Group for my book, City of the Gods.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I would really appreciate and prefer a young Adam, he would immediatly replace the older Adam on my shelf.

I loved the 200X idea that Adam is NOTHING like He-man build wise. It makes the transformation 100% more impressive!

IMO ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I would really appreciate and prefer a young Adam, he would immediatly replace the older Adam on my shelf.

I loved the 200X idea that Adam is NOTHING like He-man build wise. It makes the transformation 100% more impressive!

IMO ka
    Not to mention more believable.

Ah He-Man, you changed from pink tights and furry underwear to a harness and furry underwear... I didn't recognize you! lol

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    The more I think about it, the more convinced I become I don't really want a 200X head pack but 200X variants. Imagine if they hadn't made a MOTUC Zodak at all, but instead made Zodac otherwise exactly as we got him but dark skinned, and later given us a helmetless 200X head*. That wouldn't be at all the same as the Zodak we got!

By releasing the 200X heads with variants, you can have all new tooling and recycling of parts that fit the 200X design better. I want 200X Evil-Lyn with new dress and an extra helmetless head, maybe even new boots. I want a 200X Buzz-Off with insect hands and feet, not crab claws and dinosaur boots. I want 200X Adam to be smaller and skinnier, not He-Man with different clothes. You can't get that with a head pack, but you can get those if they are made into variants with new tooling.

(*yeah, we still need that helmetless head...)
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    The more I think about it, the more convinced I become I don't really want a 200X head pack but 200X variants. Imagine if they hadn't made a MOTUC Zodak at all, but instead made Zodac otherwise exactly as we got him but dark skinned, and later given us a helmetless 200X head*. That wouldn't be at all the same as the Zodak we got!

By releasing the 200X heads with variants, you can have all new tooling and recycling of parts that fit the 200X design better. I want 200X Evil-Lyn with new dress and an extra helmetless head, maybe even new boots. I want a 200X Buzz-Off with insect hands and feet, not crab claws and dinosaur boots. I want 200X Adam to be smaller and skinnier, not He-Man with different clothes. You can't get that with a head pack, but you can get those if they are made into variants with new tooling.

(*yeah, we still need that helmetless head...)

WELL SAID!!!
    I totally agree!

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

"Too morbid"???? Gimme a break! What are we Barbie collectors? A Head back would sell out faster that a weapons pack for sure. I usually don't gripe about Mattel's decisions, but that is ridiculous.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Since some fans think Clawful looks like a muppet, we need to keep this thread on the first page. I don't mean stickied, I mean in constant discussion.