Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 200X Variants of Characters Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I do display yellow Teela for now, but once I get 200x Evil Lyn the current yellow monstrosity goes to the figure bin never to be seen again. Unless I decide to use her as the Faceless One's wife or something.
    I agree. Classic Evil-Lyn is nice to have, but there's nothing like such a major character having her own distinct look.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I disagree. I think Buzz-Off's head would work with the MOTUC body.
    This mock-up agrees with you, too.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    That mockup looks very cool. Even more than an alternate head, though, I wish he had the 200x hands. I hate the claws.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    That mockup looks very cool. Even more than an alternate head, though, I wish he had the 200x hands. I hate the claws.
    I'd prefer new hands over a new head with buzz off really, i just do not like crab claws on a bee

change your List of 63
    please write me in your list!

We need 2nd Heads!!!

and take able arms like Trap-Jaw
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ²He-Ro View Post
    change your List of 63
    Make that 64! I just noticed that I'm not on the list for some reason!

Also, while here again, I felt like reposting my (only slightly) unrealistic idea of how to do a 200X Buzz Off MOTUC style:

The upper arms were supposed to be shared with Mosquitor, but I got told that they look more like King Hiss upper arms, so I wanted to make it clear.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    Also, while here again, I felt like reposting my (only slightly) unrealistic idea of how to do a 200X Buzz Off MOTUC style:

The upper arms were supposed to be shared with Mosquitor, but I got told that they look more like King Hiss upper arms, so I wanted to make it clear.
    So what would be the full parts recipe out of curiosity?
    Looks cool!

That´ll be:
    Whiplash/Buzz-Off scaled torso (retlooled to fit the wings, as the original "armor" makes him too bulky and therefore needs to be removed)
    Buzz-Off wings and small legs
    Hordak/Battle Armor figures flat abs
    King Hssss shoulders
    King Hssss upper arms
    Whiplash forearms
    Standard loincloth (preferably a new tool, though)
    Standard male legs
    Whiplash "calf" (the part just under the knee - what would you call it?)
    Mer-Man feet

Now the new tools:
    modern head
    retooled backside of torso
    hands
    lower legs with exo-shinbone

Did I miss anything?
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Glad to have you guys aboard! 64 of us now. The more names we get, the more this thread is bumped, the quicker these variants might happen!

I really hope it happens for 200X's 10th anniversary in 2012. Hopefully that will be one of the announcements!

200X heads.

Sure sign me up, why not? Everyone should have a chance to get the figures the want and the best possible line for them.

Consider me chanting. Besides I like the option to switch the look of my figures if I want, makes the 20 plus shipping seem more acceptable.
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

If you haven't already done so MGM, you need to add me as well. Thanks.

Here's the character I would have entered in the create a character contest

LOL!

Fisto was the right way to go! He turned out GREAT! More like him, please!

Poor Battleground Evil-Lyn...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LOL!
    Poor Battleground Evil-Lyn...
    I'm beginning to think somebody at Mattel has something against Evil Lyn.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would like to see a 200x beastman. the motuc beastman looks wimpy compared to the other evil masters.
    give him some beefier arms, buck & long loin cloth & some 200x armor.
    demo-man has alot of the parts i speak of.
    he can be a new variant battle ground beastman!
    what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i would like to see a 200x beastman. the motuc beastman looks wimpy compared to the other evil masters.
    give him some beefier arms, buck & long loin cloth & some 200x armor.
    demo-man has alot of the parts i speak of.
    he can be a new variant battle ground beastman!
    what do you guys think?
    I think Beast Man should have been slightly larger, probably by at least 1/4th or 1/2 of an inch. I think the odds of that happening is much less than any 200X variant.

Heroic Warrior
    I would support any 200x variant, but my big push is for a more 200x inspired Buzz Off. AT this stage, they have an impressive library of tools that could easily make him more than a Whiplash repaint.

Make him a "Battleground" variant, say how he used Ambrosia or something. Use any new tooling on Andreenid warriors.

hay my name is not on the list add me!! the more 200x the better!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I posted this in another thread, but it belongs here as well. This was in regards to the Evil Lyn repaint we got:

when you actually think about the larger implications of this. This line will be roughly three years old by the time we get to BG Evil Lyn. She would have been the first 200x variant we were promised. The most requested 200x variant. And we got a vintage repaint. That does not bode well for other unique and cool 200x variants. We could have gotten as neat quarterly variants.

I'm guessing 200x Sorceress ends up being the current one on 200x colors now. I completely prefer Filmation Sorceress, but I want a 200x Sorceress figure too.

200x King Hsss? Repaint.

Thanks for joining guys!

Thrawn, it's pretty disheartening to see that Mattel can take something so simple and botch it completely. It does bode ill for other 200X variants.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm guessing 200x Sorceress ends up being the current one on 200x colors now. I completely prefer Filmation Sorceress, but I want a 200x Sorceress figure too.
    I'd be more worried that she could end up with the Teela dress in teal, orange & gold, with white "leaves" at the bottom - there's just enough of a similarity there that I could easily see them doing that at the moment (it's closer than MYP-Evil-Lyn and BG-Lyn!). Doubly so since TG may well attribute the design to Sorceress Teela.

ETA: This sort of thing:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I actually think every female from here on out needs to have Teela's dress-Frosta, Glimmer, Cast-A-Spella, Scorpia, all of them.

Artistic license and all that.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; July 27, 2011 at 01:11pm.

Where's the Battleground Faceless one with a Male version of the Teela Dress? (Repainted in TFO colors...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

With the new figure Draegon (I believe this is the 30th anniversary figure) he seems too detailed for the "vintage" look Mattel has now decided to go with.

The 200X inspired heads did not hurt the line, in fact I think it helped the line. Taking away the 200X heads (which seem to be a lot more detailed) is making MOTUC have varying degrees of detail and moderization. Just the new figure Draegon is going to stand out from the newer figures with a very vintage look (Clawful, Buzz Off, King Hsss as snake form, and Grizzlor).

Does anyone else think taking away the 200X inspired heads will hurt the line?

I personally feel some figures are too "vintage". In this aspect I mean that they are not very detailed and then you get figures who are more up to date with technology and the detail you would expect from a line in this decade.

Even with Draegon he is very detailed and against Leech and Clawful just makes the line seem all mixed up and out of place. If they want to stay "vintage" at least try to keep the detail going on the faces. Kobra Khan looks great, this is how they should keep the "vintage" figures.

I just have a feeling that MOTUC is going to be very mix and matched with figures having the details from the early 90's sculpt wise and then figures with the detail you would expect to find in 2011.

Clawful, Grizzlor, Leech and Buzz Off are major signs of being too "vintage". These figures could have easily been a little more detailed and less 80's looking.

I just want MOTUC to keep the figures with the same detail the line started with, Mattel should reconsider the "vintage" only solution they have started.

I don't see anything wrong with have a 200X head, they keep saying it is too anime, the only anime I saw was in the 200X line when it came to Teela, Prince Adam, He-man and other human type characters. Evil Lyn actually wasn't that bad anime wise.

I just hope that the 2012 line stays true to how the line started, which from the SDCC reveals looks to be the case. Just for some reason we always get one or two characters that just look out of place in the line and with the addition of Draegon, Clawful and others are really going to look like we added some figures from an older toy line that didn't have the detail Draegon and most other MOTUC figures have.

Add my name to the list as well I love detail and additional heads. Like I said most the figures are what I expect from a line from this decade, but some just really dropped off into the late 80's and into the 90's design and detail wise.

Bring back the 200X heads. What was it with Whiplash that caused Mattel to stop doing the 200X heads or more vicious heads?
    Last edited by CicconeSC; July 28, 2011 at 07:57am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    With the new figure Draegon (I believe this is the 30th anniversary figure) he seems too detailed for the "vintage" look Mattel has now decided to go with.
    The detail really isn't the problem. The 200X aesthetic is. The buster weapons, unique loincloths, clothes, builds, sizes and sculpts and angular characters aren't the Classics aesthetic.

The 200X inspired heads did not hurt the line, in fact I think it helped the line. Taking away the 200X heads (which seem to be a lot more detailed) is making MOTUC have varying degrees of detail and moderization. Just the new figure Draegon is going to stand out from the newer figures with a very vintage look (Clawful, Buzz Off, King Hsss as snake form, and Grizzlor).

Does anyone else think taking away the 200X inspired heads will hurt the line?
    Taking away the 200X heads might have hurt Mattel's sales on certain figures. Some fans would have purchased an extra figure to display them with a 200X head. Or alternate head period.

Add my name to the list as well I love detail and additional heads. Like I said most the figures are what I expect from a line from this decade, but some just really dropped off into the late 80's and into the 90's design and detail wise.

Bring back the 200X heads. What was it with Whiplash that caused Mattel to stop doing the 200X heads or more vicious heads?
    I think it was that Mattel realized that 200X heads or variants were a sure avenue to resell characters eventually. Now that various major characters have been made already, and some are halfway through their variants, the only thing left to make is their 200X looks.

This is probably why they are starting making new original characters, since the major characters and leaders have been exhausted.

Keep chanting folks! We can always use more support!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 10, 2011 at 04:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost