Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 200X Variants of Characters Thread

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If Mattel regularly reads these forums, then they should know that the general consensus is that Snake MAA would be acceptable if he had his 200X accessories.
    Yes, but if that were the case then wouldn't we have gotten that 200X tunic for BG Evil-Lyn?
    I'm not arguing with you by any means MGM, I'm just a glass half empty kind of guy.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Here are some 200X variants I'm interested in to give Mattel an idea of what at least ONE customer wanting some 200X variants is interested in:

200X Sorceress

3-5 NEW parts: Egyptian head dress, two-piece Egyptian dress and MAYBE wings (Angella's wings might work).

Re-used parts: Female buck 2.0, Female 1.0 hips, Teela boots and arms, repainted Sorceress staff and Zoar in 200X colours

200X King Hiss

6 NEW parts: Egyptian head, lower arm/bracelets, sandal feet. More imposing snake form with MORE snakes (new snake form has 80's repaint potential and it's a VERY small detail).

Re-used parts: King Hiss chest/shoulders/upper arms/legs, Chief Carnivus loin cloth, He-Ro boot shins. Same staff repainted in 200X colours.

200X Roboto

3 NEW parts: 200X robot head (serious looking), removable chest armour and MAYBE a new arm attachment (which can be repainted a bunch of different ways for the other arm attachment figures and put in Weapons Paks)

Re-Used: all of Roboto 1.0 (except the head). Repaint in 200X toy colours.

200X Evil-Lyn

2-3 NEW parts: two piece dress and MAYBE the 200X robotic Screech

Re-Used: female buck 2.0, female hips 1.0, Evil-Lyn's long and short wand and orb, helmet head and maybe the knife. For Screech everything is Screech 1.0 except the head part. One side of the head + the opposite upper leg = robotic. The foot can just be repainted instead of a new sculpt. No re-use potential I can see).

200X Grizzlor

1 NEW part: tiara head

Re-Used: Grizzlor 1.0 minus vintage head. Weapons = repainted crossbow and maybe some different, already sculpted weapons repainted.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm actually not thrilled with the idea of any 200X variants. None of those designs impressed me, except for the stactions that came out towards the end of the line.

I appreciate that other fans do want them though. Totaly cool. I just think that variants, such as these, should be offered as non sub items, since people, like myself, will definitely not want all of them and the changes, costume wise and colorwise, is rarely very different than that offered with the vintage figure. Take SMAA for instance...hardly any changes at all. taking into consideration that we'll never receive heads chiseled and sculpted just like the 200X Buzz-off, or Clawful, etc., the only thing you got left is maybe a color swap here and there, maybe a new loincloth o detail to some armor, but that's all; because the buck will remain the same.

Which makes me really hope that when Mosquitor finally gets released, fans of the 200X look won't start complaining because he is not skinny and more insect-like, per the staction. He's gonna match the same proportions as the rest of the line...I just hope they are prepared for that.

20XX could be a good option after they run out of vintage guys! I would be all for that. They really don't have many heroic warriors left.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I'm actually not thrilled with the idea of any 200X variants. None of those designs impressed me, except for the stactions that came out towards the end of the line.

I appreciate that other fans do want them though. Totaly cool. I just think that variants, such as these, should be offered as non sub items, since people, like myself, will definitely not want all of them and the changes, costume wise and colorwise, is rarely very different than that offered with the vintage figure. Take SMAA for instance...hardly any changes at all. taking into consideration that we'll never receive heads chiseled and sculpted just like the 200X Buzz-off, or Clawful, etc., the only thing you got left is maybe a color swap here and there, maybe a new loincloth o detail to some armor, but that's all; because the buck will remain the same.

Which makes me really hope that when Mosquitor finally gets released, fans of the 200X look won't start complaining because he is not skinny and more insect-like, per the staction. He's gonna match the same proportions as the rest of the line...I just hope they are prepared for that.
    Since you mentioned SMAA, I'll try to explain what 200X fans see as being "wrong with him."
    He's EXACTLY the SAME MAA we already have seen (and was sold twice!) but with a palette swap and less accessories. He has NOTHING that makes people say, Oh he IS 200X version of MAA classicized! He lacks his signature 200X Weapon, or the "Final Fantasy 7 Pauldron" that he has in 200X, but made to fit within the classics aesthetics. (Smaller in size and not "hyperdetailed") The only 200X thing about him is the snakeman head, which we kinda could have done with the snake palace guard.

The whole all 200X fans want the "Blocky look" is a myth that has been debunked various times... (yes, there are a few who would like the look to return, but they are not the majority of 200X fans) A moderate to possibly large portion of the 200X fans (myself included) don't mind the MOTUC, bodies, aesthetics, etc. We just want the same level of attention given to the Vintage designs when they get their characters/variants...
    Let's take Clawful as an example: Yes, there isn't THAT much of a difference between both eras (mostly a paint issue) They could've reused the same old Clawful head repainted in a more 200X scheme instead of the shield and more fans would've been happy... Like they did with Fisto.
    Now THAT is a perfect 200X Figure. He has the 200X stuff while fitting within the MOTUC aesthetics.
    We already suspect that Mosquitor will be made in the standard buck.

Long story short 200X fans want More figures like Fisto, and a lot less simply repainted figures like SMAA or Battleground Evil Lyn (who in this case fares a lot better than SnakeMan-at-Arms.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Yes, but if that were the case then wouldn't we have gotten that 200X tunic for BG Evil-Lyn?
    I'm not arguing with you by any means MGM, I'm just a glass half empty kind of guy.
    Battleground Lyn is alot closer to production than Snake MAA. There's also no chance of a new sculpted dress or torso, whereas it's easy to add new accessories to Snake MAA before they start production. They have 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post

I think the fans are fine with the buck system (i.e., no one is asking for skinny Buzz-Off or Mosquitor or wide Tung Lashor). It's acquiring the 200X heads that should have come packaged with the figures that people are concerned about. The heads don't have to be exact, just classicized to fit the MOTUC body like Moss Man and Stinkor's 200X heads.

Here's an example our our "impossible and irrational" demands:
    Snake MAA = Add the MYP Unhelmeted head and arm cannon. Otherwise he's good!
    Battleground Evil-Lyn = Swap out the Teela leotard for the 200X purple outfit and skirt. Otherwise she's perfect!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 22, 2011 at 08:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by mossyman View Post
    20XX could be a good option after they run out of vintage guys! I would be all for that. They really don't have many heroic warriors left.
    This is what I suspect will happen.

I think the fans are fine with the buck system (i.e., no one is asking for skinny Buzz-Off or Mosquitor or wide Tung Lashor).
    Er. I am not especially fond of the buck system, it's a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned. skinny Buzz Off is superior to the beefy buck version. I'd rather not bother with a 200x Prince Adam if he's not going to have a smaller teenager buck for example. I don't care at all for a refresh of Beastman with only a 200x head because a proper 200x Beastman needs to be big. I guess I'm not much help here, I'm sure we'll see that approach before something with a greater variety of bucks/builds.

Sorry, rant over. As far as Snake MAA goes, I think it's like you said. BG EL though, I think something holding her back is also the 2.0 female buck. They wanted to reuse the 1.0 buck, but they didn't want to sculpt anything new to go over it. Or that's how that seems to have gone. And I agree, it's too late to get a change. Technically nothing about Snake MAA would change either, the options seem to have always ever been additional accessories (another head, arm cannon, etc.).
    Last edited by gbagok; October 22, 2011 at 08:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Er. I am not especially fond of the buck system, it's a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned. skinny Buzz Off is superior to the beefy buck version. I'd rather not bother with a 200x Prince Adam if he's not going to have a smaller teenager buck for example. I don't care at all for a refresh of Beastman with only a 200x head because a proper 200x Beastman needs to be big. I guess I'm not much help here, I'm sure we'll see that approach before something with a greater variety of bucks/builds. .
    I know...unfortunately, since MOTUC isn't a major brand, the money for tooling isn't there for unique sculpts like it was for 200X. I hope when we do get to 200X variants they have little changes like the shoulder rings and Anwat Gar helmet for Sy-Klone.

I DO hope that Mattel doesn't try to make 200X Adam from the He-Man buck. That would miss the point of making him, but then again, they missed the point about 200X Evil-Lyn.

I know...unfortunately, since MOTUC isn't a major brand, the money for tooling isn't there for unique sculpts like it was for 200X. I hope when we do get to 200X variants they have little changes like the shoulder rings and Anwat Gar helmet for Sy-Klone.

I DO hope that Mattel doesn't try to make 200X Adam from the He-Man buck. That would miss the point of making him, but then again, they missed the point about 200X Evil-Lyn.
    The 200X variants need to be Different enough to be wroth buying...

On "200X" Adam I AM expecting them to do THAT... I don't want them to, but I have a hunch that it's what they'll do... (with a maroon repaint of the current 200X sword) cause intentional part sharing even when new tooling could have been used is part of the lines philosophy...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Er. I am not especially fond of the buck system, it's a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned. skinny Buzz Off is superior to the beefy buck version. I'd rather not bother with a 200x Prince Adam if he's not going to have a smaller teenager buck for example. I don't care at all for a refresh of Beastman with only a 200x head because a proper 200x Beastman needs to be big. I guess I'm not much help here, I'm sure we'll see that approach before something with a greater variety of bucks/builds.
    Oh...skinny Buzz-Off! I will have to add him to the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Squat Buck (thick in the mid section):

- General Tataran
    - Ram-Man (not obscure anyway)
    - Kothos
    - Angast
    - Sitcky Fingers
    - Toy Maker
    - Baron Condore
    - King Ahgo
    - Swen
    - Spyster
    - Chef Allen

Teen Buck:

- Lizard Man
    - Songster
    - MYP Prince Adam
    - 200X Buzz-Off
    - Prince Zed
    - Corporal Romeo
    - Admiral Scurvy
    - Inspector Darkney
    - Crackers the Clown
    - Zagraz
    - Acrobad
    - Catillus
    - Frit
    - False Face
    - Professor Tempus
    (pretty much any wizard, as they shouldn't be beefy: like Norwin)

Child buck (maybe 10 years old):

- Stanlan
    - Filmation Prince Adam when he gets stuck in the Tar Swamp and when he gets kitty Cringer
    - Chad
    - Drak
    - Jeremy (Adam's spoiled cousin)
    - Loos (the blind boy)
    - Phillip

Short, pudgy buck:

- "Cursed" Count Marzo
    - Gwildor
    - Madam Razz (possibly)

Other bucks:

- The NA Scientists, Gleep and UR (4 Scientists. They would use: Young boy buck, slim/shorter buck, short/pudgy buck and I'm not sure about the last one. He's short like the 10 year olds but he's heftier. Maybe just use the short buck and make his clothes appear thick?)
    - Widgets
    - Konseals (Loo-Kee's people)
    - Twiggets
    - Centaurs (Sagitar's people)
    - Monteeg

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    There is only one 200X head we need that we don't have. The alternate head for pretty much the only 200X character that made a difference. Yet no one seems to bring him up. That character...

ZODAK!!!

Zodak's helmetless bald head is the only crucial 200X element we need.

Roboto would be cool. Let's stop all the "Buzz-Off needs a better head" silliness. Helmetless Zodak; crucial.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Battleground Lyn is alot closer to production than Snake MAA. There's also no chance of a new sculpted dress or torso, whereas it's easy to add new accessories to Snake MAA before they start production. They have 8 months.
    I meant if they were listening wouldn't they have done the tunic in the first place?

Right now, my number one 200X variant want is a King Randor figure, followed by a King Miro figure.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    I meant if they were listening wouldn't they have done the tunic in the first place?

Right now, my number one 200X variant want is a King Randor figure, followed by a King Miro figure.
    They DID listen, but they chose to disregard the customers' advice in order to intentionally reuse Teela's tunic... cause of Nostalgia...

Part of the feel and look of the vintage MOTU line has always been the strategic use of shared parts (Stinkor and Mer-Man anyone?). To help capture that feel in MOTUC, we very deliberately use shared parts in MOTUC even when sometimes a new part could be called for.
    or:
    When designing Battleground Evil Lyn, we used a combination of new parts (new head, cape) along with thought-out reuse parts (tunic, Catra hand) to capture the charm and nostalgia that reuse parts evoke uniquely with MOTU.
    I disagree with this line of thought: Too much nostalgia can be a bad thing... Case in point, BaGEL...

Please add me to the list. I would like to see classicized 200X heads!

Thanks Sabes! There are now 80 of us!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    snake armor he-man
    fire skeletor
    snake armor m@a
    200x king hsss
    captian randor
    200x roboto
    200x buzz off
    200x beast man
    200x clawful
    zeelar (zodaks brother)
    200x sorceress
    young prince adam
    young teela
    hek-tor kur (before he was destroyed & remade into bone & rock & called hordak)

Thanks Sabes! There are now 80 of us!
    Make it 81 my good sir!
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Added! Glad to have you aboard!

Please add me to the list

Thanks dagodfather! We're 82 fans deep right now who would like 200X headed variants in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Snake Armor He-Man
    200x King Hiss
    200x Sorceress
    Ice Armor He-Man
    All Skeletor variants!

Happy New Year 200X and Alternate Head fans!

Let's hope Toyguru is still fighting the good fight for 200X and has made some headway in trying to get the fans their 200X heads or alternate heads in some capacity! Some of us are itching to make some of those old MOTUC releases into new favorites by swapping out the old heads for the newer ones!

Let's hope Toyguru is still fighting the good fight for 200X and has made some headway in trying to get the fans their 200X heads or alternate heads in some capacity! Some of us are itching to make some of those old MOTUC releases into new favorites by swapping out the old heads for the newer ones!
    EXACTLY!! Some figures could use some Spicing up! Like Stratos. A modified Jetpack with throttles (made with a handguard like Beastman's whip so Stratos can hold them) would help him look a bit less plain. It's not a head (since both his heads are similar) but it's a start! Would love a few "modernized heads for a few characters starting with He-Man and Skeletor! (New Hairpiece for He-Man and for Skeletor Using the PED He-Man hood on the skullface...)

"Headway".... get it? Get it? Because they are heads... and.... ahem...
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

I hope all the great buzz on Fisto leads to this stupid, stupid 200X head ban getting lifted. A lot of fans think he was knocked out of the park.