Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 200X Variants of Characters Thread

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Now that we have seen how Vintage Clawful looks, we now have a better idea how a 200x variant might be done. I constructed with the idea of giving the 200x look while reused as many parts as possible. Like Carnivus, some details have been scraped.

The lower half is all Whiplash and Skeletor. The upper half would be completely new. Since the torsos can be "skinned", I would think the 4H could come up with a wide should upper buck that could be used for Ramman and other wide shoulder variants to keep tooling cost down.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1298134225
    Add the 200x claw and it's a freakin' sweet figure

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    why so "hyper"? no disrespect in my comment. you can have your opinion as i can have mine. i have no problem with the classics clawful head but then again i understand what teh lien is about. anyway, i'd rather have new classic figures than a pack of mo2k heads or another mo2k clawful... already own the staction.
    No disrespect here either, but "what is this line about that people who want certain 200X elements in MOTUC do not understand?" Because I believe that this line is about "encompassing ALL eras of MOTU under one cohesive style"
    While the style is "Vintage inspired" it is not meant to be Vintage line 2.0.
    Anyway, I'd rather have THE BEST version of the toy that caters to fans of BOTH Eras of MOTU than have straight rehashes of toys that I bought (or my parents did when I was a wee lad.) 9 to 25 years ago.
    Regarding the Staction comment: can you pose the staction? Can you pose MOTUC? I think that answers the question why people would want a more 200X inspired (while keeping the aesthetic guidelines of MOTUC) Clawful
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I believe that this line is about "encompassing ALL eras of MOTU under one cohesive style"
    you are correct. all eras in one style. looks like vintage is it. anyway, tg already addressed the issue. "retired" is what i think he said.
    While the style is "Vintage inspired" it is not meant to be Vintage line 2.0.
    masters of the universe classics does sound better
    Anyway, I'd rather have THE BEST version of the toy that caters to fans of BOTH Eras of MOTU
    i'd rather have the best versions too. the horsemen and tg are making that happen every month. i'd say the line is catering to all fans. we got motu,pop,na,mo2k characters in one line and that is what makes motuclassics so awesome. i love it!

no posing stactions but when you are playing with your new clawful you dislike just pretend it's THE BEST version you prefer. motu sparks the imagination like that.

no hate
    Last edited by MANGLORD; February 20, 2011 at 12:03am.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    you are correct. all eras in one style. looks like vintage is it. anyway, tg already addressed the issue. "retired" is what i think he said.
    It's not what you mean...it's the way you deliver the message. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but putting down one era's designs while promoting your own is what I was speaking out against earlier with the 200X fans. Perhaps you don't realize you're doing it.

In any event, 200X designs survive in Classics, just not as detailed. As for the 200X heads, Toyguru even told us to ask for this in the first post of this thread.

no posing stactions but when you are playing with your new clawful you dislike just pretend it's THE BEST version you prefer. motu sparks the imagination like that.
    Really? Why should they when they can show their support in this thread and get the real thing?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 20, 2011 at 12:24am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Let's play it cool, fellas.

If you want 200X variants, cool... post your support.

If you don't want 'em, cool... move along.

Thanks!
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Who else is down to get those alternate heads of Roboto, Sy-Klone, Buzz-Off, Grizzlor, Clawful and other upcoming figures?
    I think it's important to keep this going. While I'm happy with vintage style heads on my figures, I know it's not unreasonable to expect Mattel to accommodate a few 2002 style heads here and there. We're not talking about every figure.

Fan of different eras or not, I would hope all fans would support this. I've mentioned this on my site, but the obvious bonus of having extra heads is the chance to build armies, which equals more sales!

Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    A 200x Teela head would be neat, younger looking & has a long ponytail.
    Does Galactus fart?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    A 200x Teela head would be neat, younger looking & has a long ponytail.
    MYP Teela would need a whole new (shorter) buck...

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    I think it's important to keep this going. While I'm happy with vintage style heads on my figures, I know it's not unreasonable to expect Mattel to accommodate a few 2002 style heads here and there. We're not talking about every figure.

Fan of different eras or not, I would hope all fans would support this. I've mentioned this on my site, but the obvious bonus of having extra heads is the chance to build armies, which equals more sales!

http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/army_whiplash.jpg
    Well said. Very well said.

Adding detachable 200X elements such as heads can only add to the success and life of the motuc line.

Therefore it is something all of us fans should be united for in requesting.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Well said. Very well said.

Adding detachable 200X elements such as heads can only add to the success and life of the motuc line.

Therefore it is something all of us fans should be united for in requesting.
    I don't exactly agree with this.

If Mattel decided to include extra 200X heads with the vintage styled figures, it would probably mean that Mattel has no interest in releasing 200X versions of those characters. I honestly see nixing the 200X heads as a positive thing for 200X fans. However, only time will tell what Mattel's master plan is.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I get the strong impression Mattel does not want to include a 200X variation head with a Classics figure.

In my opinion instead of asking for the return of an extra head in fixed price slot/sku, ask for a product that will allow more variant heads in an already established larger, higher retail slot/sku(i.e. The Palace Guards).

Having a 2 body/buck army builder w/ 3-4 different heads, inspired by both 200X and vintage lines, would provide a solution to collectors/fans who want 200X character heads and those who want vintage. Potential 200X army builder packs include Avion, Andrynos, Gar, crab-people things(ala clawful), Snake Men, etc....

The 4H have already sculpted/continue to scuplt extra heads on a regular basis to provide Mattel with options, so there should already be some possible head options in existience. I would purchase an army builder with a previously unused head sculpt that just happened to look like 200X Clawful, 200x Buzz Off, 200X Sy-Klone, etc... in lieu of purchasing an oversized figure.

200x variant heads could return and Mattel could get another high ticket item (with some -not all- development cost already covered by pre-existing work, thus likey to lower overall development cost) to sell to the collector/fan base.

I'm not trying to get my fellow fans/consumers to shell out more money than may not be had and I'm sure there are going to be more than a few very valid opposing views to this post. However, in my experience, when one wants something it is best to make sure the person/people one is asking it from, end up getting more out the deal than the asker.

So, for right or wrong, perfect world or not, there's one of my thoughts on getting more 200X variant heads back into the line... and more army builders which I really like
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I don't exactly agree with this.

If Mattel decided to include extra 200X heads with the vintage styled figures, it would probably mean that Mattel has no interest in releasing 200X versions of those characters. I honestly see nixing the 200X heads as a positive thing for 200X fans. However, only time will tell what Mattel's master plan is.
    I think you and Hawk have good points. No 200X heads with the figures and no head pak with 200X heads might mean that there could be plans for something down the line. If so, it could extend the life of the line by re-offering A-list characters. In 2014, 200X Clawful could be the new Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I get the strong impression Mattel does not want to include a 200X variation head with a Classics figure.

In my opinion instead of asking for the return of an extra head in fixed price slot/sku, ask for a product that will allow more variant heads in an already established larger, higher retail slot/sku(i.e. The Palace Guards).

Having a 2 body/buck army builder w/ 3-4 different heads, inspired by both 200X and vintage lines, would provide a solution to collectors/fans who want 200X character heads and those who want vintage. Potential 200X army builder packs include Avion, Andrynos, Gar, crab-people things(ala clawful), Snake Men, etc....

The 4H have already sculpted/continue to scuplt extra heads on a regular basis to provide Mattel with options, so there should already be some possible head options in existience. I would purchase an army builder with a previously unused head sculpt that just happened to look like 200X Clawful, 200x Buzz Off, 200X Sy-Klone, etc... in lieu of purchasing an oversized figure.

200x variant heads could return and Mattel could get another high ticket item (with some -not all- development cost already covered by pre-existing work, thus likey to lower overall development cost) to sell to the collector/fan base.

I'm not trying to get my fellow fans/consumers to shell out more money than may not be had and I'm sure there are going to be more than a few very valid opposing views to this post. However, in my experience, when one wants something it is best to make sure the person/people one is asking it from, end up getting more out the deal than the asker.

So, for right or wrong, perfect world or not, there's one of my thoughts on getting more 200X variant heads back into the line... and more army builders which I really like
    I don't think you want to give Mattel any ideas...fans really want those Horde Troopers.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 21, 2011 at 02:25pm.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't think you want to give Mattel any ideas...fans really want those Horde Troopers.
    HAHA, so do I!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I like the idea of different heads packed in army builders or where-ever. I like options when it comes to giving heads to the same character. Especially when they have different looks.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Now that we have seen how Vintage Clawful looks, we now have a better idea how a 200x variant might be done. I constructed with the idea of giving the 200x look while reused as many parts as possible. Like Carnivus, some details have been scraped.

The lower half is all Whiplash and Skeletor. The upper half would be completely new. Since the torsos can be "skinned", I would think the 4H could come up with a wide should upper buck that could be used for Ramman and other wide shoulder variants to keep tooling cost down.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1298134225
    This image makes me sad... I really wish we could get it!

Fantastic photo manipulation, by the way

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Did anyone mention a Horde Armor He-man yet? I'd love to see one
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

I forget what ha hm looks like, pic?
    "Evil, it's just so much easier." Exclu-DEAD
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I forget what ha hm looks like, pic?
    I've only seen a few fan pics of him, but I heard there was a pic by the horsemen floating around but i haven't gotten a chance to see it.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    when they do decide to release 200x heads I will buy! I like the option of switching the heads. that gos for Filmation style if it were avalable.

Heroic Warrior
    Im here to add my voice to the CHANT!

Variants are a must, if the line is planning to go through to 2014/2015(silly considering the world ends in 2012 ) then they got to have some variants and stuff.

The chant, hey? Funny i didn't see this thread!

Well, i want add my voice and say i think it'd be nice to have classicised versions of 200X characters. If we have Zodak, Marzo and Chief Carnivus and soon to be Faceless One, then i want Roboto too!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I'm joining the chant because I want a MYP inspired head for Roboto, Buzz-Off and Sy-Klone.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Great! More voices to add to the chant!

Heroic Warrior
    I really believe Mattel must rethink their policy about 200x heads.

Some figures like Grizzlor, Roboto, Buzz-Off and Leech would have greatly benefited from that option.

So add me to the chant, please !

Add me too.

I΄m actually okay with the vintage orientated policy but i get the wish for the 200X elements too and as a Pop fan i hope we get more toy accurate versions on the line.

I want everyone to get what he/she wants so, i΄m all for the possibility to swap heads(or weapons) if you want to!