Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mill Creek releasing He-Man

Mill Creek releasing He-Man

The budget company is releasing He-Man and Bravestarr to DVD in 2011. Obviously, it won't be as high class as BCI's release. I might buy it as a cheap backup, though.

Wowsers. This was unexpected...

Yeah, I was expecting Classic Media to release He-Man since they released She-Ra (and maybe even wait until the new movie stuck in developmental hell came out). I guess Classic Media sort of treated She-Ra like a budget release, but didn't charge budget prices. This will definitely be at budget prices.
    Last edited by Firefly; December 10, 2010 at 07:08pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'll get the first set cuz a couple of my BCI discs are jacked and I never got replacements.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, I was expecting Classic Media to release He-Man since they released She-Ra (and maybe even wait until the new movie stuck in developmental hell came out). I guess Classic Media sort of treated She-Ra like a budget release, but didn't charge budget prices. This will definitely be at budget prices.
    After seeing what CM did to She-Ra, I'm glad Mill Creek is the one releasing She-Ra. I plan to get all three releases, especially the complete series....love the cover art.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

I really.. REALLY like the artwork!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7...011millcre.jpg
    The fact that some people from BCI work at Mill Creek must have helped
    They definitely looks 10 times better then the poor job Classic Media did on She-Ra.

It's also cool how the complete season set reminds me a of some of the early concepts we did for the seasons sets at BCI

Very imaginitive use of existing Emiliano-arts.

I was never a fan of the He-Man pose. Mostly because it makes him look older, and anatomy appears wonky on Filmation standards. Interesting that they'd choose it for cover; instead of all other poses there might be made of He-Man.

On 20episode covers, the extreme light-effects makes the art really pop-out. He-Man especially with the lightnings are extremely cool-looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The fact that some people from BCI work at Mill Creek must have helped
    They definitely looks 10 times better then the poor job Classic Media did on She-Ra.

It's also cool how the complete season set reminds me a of some of the early concepts we did for the seasons sets at BCI
    Great to hear that Mill Creek would accept help, which I take it they didn't go for with She-Ra sets.

Do you have any sketches of those early concepts, Emiliano? Those would be great to see. Even in the "Emiliano's Big Book of DVD-artbook"

I still haven't gotten around to buying any of BCI's Bravestarr DVDs. I was planning on getting them eventually through Ebay or Amazon but now I may just get these. The MOTU DVDs on the other hand have such great covers, I may actually buy them all over again.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Wow- very surprised by this! The artwork looks great. Classic Media need to see the way Mill Creek have treated He-Man and rush a better job on She-Ra's complete series.

Another opportunity for Mattel and MOTUC- I wonder if they know about it...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Do you have any sketches of those early concepts, Emiliano? Those would be great to see. Even in the "Emiliano's Big Book of DVD-artbook"
    And that's were you'll see them
    If I remember correctly, I did something like 72 layouts for the season sets

coming from a bit of a 'dumb' stand-point here, but - i've seen that the he-man cartoon has already been released on dvd ... what's different about this one and the one that already exists? ...

is there a particular one which is the 'definitive' version of the he-man cartoon? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    coming from a bit of a 'dumb' stand-point here, but - i've seen that the he-man cartoon has already been released on dvd ... what's different about this one and the one that already exists? ...

is there a particular one which is the 'definitive' version of the he-man cartoon? ...
    I'm sure there will be many differences (in the releases, not the actual cartoon).
    But the main difference is that the previous release is sold out and you can't buy it anymore in the shops.

This is a budget release, so it will definitely be a heck of a lot cheaper to try to pick up the season 1 and later the season 2 set of these than trying to get all 4 BCI sets through e-bay. Of course, Mill Creek tends to cram too many episodes per discs (some loss of picture quality) and use paper sleeves on the inside. The BCI sets also had special features (it sounds like the Mill Creek release will have at least some of these) and art cards. It really depends on your level of fandom on which sets you'd want to get. If you are a die hard fan, I'd recommend the BCI sets (you'd probably already own them if you were). If you are a casual fan, these sets will probably do. I might rebuy the Mill Creek season sets just to have some cheap back ups. The cover of the season 1 set looks pretty cool.

If this'll have the missing Orko scene, then this'll be definitive version.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Emiliano will you ever release a book with all these illustrations inside?

will there be a complete set? interview with the writers or castmembers of the show and the release of special feature greatest adventures of them all?
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Emiliano will you ever release a book with all these illustrations inside?
    I'm thinking about it
    I opened a thread to get fan feedback on the subject:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=200716

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I'm a big fan of the box art!! Nice work Emiliano!!

I really hope they release these on Blu-Ray!! I want to see my Masters in High Def!!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Glad I finally get a chance to get the Filmation series. I missed out the first time on DVD an I've been debating on whether or not to deal with Ebay or Amazon to get the old sets. This solves my problems.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Thanks, but aside the actual art I did for the BCI sets reused here, all props goes to the designers at Mill Creek

I really hope they release these on Blu-Ray!! I want to see my Masters in High Def!!!!
    That will never happen unfortunately.
    The digital masters created aren't in high definition (they have been done a long time ago) and all the analogic sources have been destroyed.
    DVD are the best we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post

Same here! If it hits Blu-ray and looks anything like the Transformers: The Movie ('86) Blu-ray released in the UK, I'll be all over it. I wasn't sure how much better a high def version would look until seeing that. I'd love to see MOTU in HD!

Quote Originally Posted by hXcpunk23 View Post
    Same here! If it hits Blu-ray and looks anything like the Transformers: The Movie ('86) Blu-ray released in the UK, I'll be all over it. I wasn't sure how much better a high def version would look until seeing that. I'd love to see MOTU in HD!
    Read my post above: Blu-Ray is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    That will never happen unfortunately.
    The digital masters created aren't in high definition (they have been done a long time ago) and all the analogic sources have been destroyed.
    DVD are the best we can get.
    I've often wondered about this. Do any of the movies, TV shows, or specials re-released on Blu-Ray have nothing done to them(other than being transferred to a Blu-Ray disc) or do all of them have an upgrade of some sort done to the source material?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I've often wondered about this. Do any of the movies, TV shows, or specials re-released on Blu-Ray have nothing done to them(other than being transferred to a Blu-Ray disc) or do all of them have an upgrade of some sort done to the source material?
    It's very simple: if the source material exist, or the master is already in HD, it might be transfered on high definition support.
    If the masters are in low def, the best you can do is upscaling it.
    Which means you're blowing up the data you started with, so what wasn't there can't be created and the result is anythign better then the original, just bigger.

it's like blowing up a low rex pic in photoshop. You won't get a hig resolution image, just a fuzzy low res blown up.