Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mill Creek releasing He-Man

Yup...definitely MUCH better.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That cover is gorgeous. I'm now even more devestated at how terrible the new PoP DVDs turned out. MOTU keeps getting more awesome and they literally turned She-Ra volume one into a school girl's notebook.

This is why people have to be FANS of the projects they are working on. Grrr.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

does anyone know if they will be using the greatest adventures of them all and skeletors revenge as possible bonus features?
    interviews with the voice actors or writers?
    as well as the missing scene in diamond ray of disapearence?
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    does anyone know if they will be using the greatest adventures of them all and skeletors revenge as possible bonus features?
    That's impossible.
    They weren't in the ER masters and they didn't allow us to incorporate those from the VHS.
    Even if Classic Media would allowe that now, I doubt Mill Creek would do extra authoring for new materials: this is a budget release, producing new bonus material is very unlikely

Like Emiliano said, there will not be new features. What I would guess they'll do is keep what fits on the discs. So that means I'd imagine many commentaries will stay (since they are just additional audio files), and they may squeeze in a couple of the interviews - if they have room on the discs.

Mill Creek is not in the business of producing ancillary features - that would destroy their business model. What they do is give you an amazing amount of content for an equally amazingly little amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That cover is gorgeous. I'm now even more devestated at how terrible the new PoP DVDs turned out. MOTU keeps getting more awesome and they literally turned She-Ra volume one into a school girl's notebook.
    Don't forget that the inside of the Mill Creek release will be paper sleeves most likely. I'd prefer a crappy cover over paper sleeves. The safety of the DVDs is my number one concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    That's impossible.
    They weren't in the ER masters and they didn't allow us to incorporate those from the VHS.
    Even if Classic Media would allowe that now, I doubt Mill Creek would do extra authoring for new materials: this is a budget release, producing new bonus material is very unlikely
    As Emiliano mentioned, adding more features seems to be out of the question.
    This has been said to us couple times over, and we saw that She-Ra DVDs didn't get any new extras.

But never hurts to keep dreaming.

Does anyone know if there's been a release date or msrp announced yet? I checked around and couldn't find either....
    I have lots of MOTU figures from every line as well as all BCI/Eclipse dvd sets for sale in the marketplace.

dvd sets - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211057
    NA figures - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210697
    carded Dragon Blaster Skeltor and carded stilt stalkers - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210686

The lens flare is a little much, but it still works nonetheless. All three covers really POP! Especially the volumes' covers!

I just might have to get me some back ups as others are intending to do!
    – No comment.

thank god i might be able to see season 2 volume 2 now, lol!

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    That box art is gorgeous! The fix on Skeletor's face makes a world of difference. Great work, Emiliano! I will definitely be checking this one out.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    UPDATE!
    New cover is in the news!
    http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=1672
    Oh yeah that's the one!!

I really like this cover!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Wow! Seeing the two series set covers side by side shows a world of difference, even though the change is subtle! Skeletor and Grayskull both look so much better!
    – No comment.

Court Magician
    Castle Grayskull also looks way, way better in the updated artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by spoogyrm View Post
    Castle Grayskull also looks way, way better in the updated artwork.
    Yep, I later sent Dan at Mill Creek another grayskull and we all agreed it was better

I kinda liked the profile-shot of Grayskull.

Don't believe I've ever seen it before.

Would like to see a larger, clear image of it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I kinda liked the profile-shot of Grayskull.
    The one in the first version of the cover was from a piece of pan artwork; rotated so that the castle is (for want of a better word) "horizontal" - I've had to dramatically trim this pan because the original is SO long...

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Don't believe I've ever seen it before.

Would like to see a larger, clear image of it at some point.
    The second one was used on the BCI DVDs...I think it may have been on the 10 Best release...

BOTH pieces of original artwork are owned by Lee Clevenger, who owns MANY amazing Castle Grayskull backgrounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    The one in the first version of the cover was from a piece of pan artwork; rotated so that the castle is (for want of a better word) "horizontal" - I've had to dramatically trim this pan because the original is SO long...
    Oh so it was from that Pan-shot!!! I was wondering about that, but because I've never looked at it in the rotated form, I thought it might be a whole new background-art.

The second one was used on the BCI DVDs...I think it may have been on the 10 Best release...
    Well that piece is most famously on the "Mural Spine"

Thank you for showing the original art for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post

BOTH pieces of original artwork are owned by Lee Clevenger, who owns MANY amazing Castle Grayskull backgrounds...
    Is he a member here on the forums? I'd love to get in touch with him and possibly ask for (roughly twice the size you showed) images of those background to showcase on my blog.

oh darn i would be hping for some new content, well it seems then like theres going to be complete sets of season 1 and 2 but where there also be a complete series set?
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

This looks awesome. Definitely going to get in on this action. Do we know if there are plans to release Season 2 as well? (There seem to be one or two people in the know on this thread)

I hope they do release the 2nd season. It's too expensive on the 2nd market.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

UPDATE!
    Available now for preorder on Amazon:

MOTU Season 1 set

MOTU Vol 1: 20 episodes

MOTU Vol 2: 20 episodes

From TV Shows on DVD:

Join forces with He-Man and the powerful Masters of the Universe and go up against the evil forces of Skeletor to save the planet Eternia and to protect the secrets of Castle Grayskull. To stop Skeletor's evil plot to conquer the universe, He-Man, under the guidance of the mystical Sorceress, must use his superhuman power to wage an epic battle against the evil warlord and his army of henchman. Now, you can experience the magic of hearing He-Man proclaim "By the power of Grayskull!" all over again, thanks to this collection of all 65 episodes from the first season of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe."

Several weeks ago we had the scoop that Mill Creek Entertainment had acquired the DVD rights to the original Filmation version of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and had plans in February to release "The Complete 1st Season" with 65 episodes ($29.98 SRP for 8 DVDs), plus budget-priced "Volume 1" and "Volume 2" with 20 episodes ($9.98 SRP for each 2-DVD set).
    Normally, Mill Creek would try to fit 65 episodes on 5 discs, so that is pretty good that they are doing them on 8.

I am really happy I have the original releases with the spine murals and art cards. i wouldn't trade em for the world.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I do not like all the glows and lensflares. Looks out of place with cel like artwork.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com