Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oo-Lar, Wun-Dar, Vikor, He-Man: Clarification?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

HE-MEN chronology

WHAT IS A HE-MEN?
    The Goddess, trained secret heroic guardians to keep the two halves of the sword separated. Many of these brave warriors took the name "He-Man" in honor of the sword they protected, giving birth to many different legends of the protector of Eternia.

HE-MEN CHRONOLOGY: All dates are before Prince Adam was born.

- KING GRAYSKULL, "Heroic Ancestor of He-Man": 500 years ago.
    - VIKOR, "He-Man of the North": 1st "He-Men", 500 years ago.
    - WUN-DAR, "Savage He-Man": 100 years ago.
    - OO-LARR, "Jungle He-Man": Great Unrest.
    - PRINCE ADAM, "He-man": Present. Adam is the first to tap into the Power of Grayskull to transform and then call himself He-Man.

OO-LAR REFERENCES
    -It was only through the combined powers of Oo-Larr (the jungle He-Man) and The Goddess that Gygor was defeated and placed in a state of suspended animation. (GYGOR BIO)
    -The original Battle Armor of Skeletor was destroyed by Oo-larr after three strikes with his mighty battle axe, sending Skeletor back behind the Mystic Wall. (BA SKELETOR BIO)

OFFICIAL Q&A about the HE-MEN

Q: Am I right in thinking that the ONLY people that have been able to use the sword of HE were He-Ro, King Grayskull and Prince Adam? And that all these others (Oo-Lar, Wun-Dar and Vikor) never turned into He-man at all? They were just called "the he-man" because they were the guardians of the sword? Are these sword protector He-men decendants of King Grayskull or is there a criteria for the goddess choosing them to guard the sword halves?

A: Correct. The "He-Man" between Grayskull and Adam just protected the sword of He and thus called "He-Man". Adam was the first to tap into the Power of Grayskull to transform and then call himself He-Man.
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; December 13, 2010 at 10:54am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    For me, He-Man is just one, Prince Adam
    The other were guardians of the sword and called "He-men".

Now we have:

- King Grayskull: 500 years ago
    - Vikor, "He-Man of the North": 1st "He-Men"
    - Oo-Larr, "Jungle He-Man": Great Unrest.
    - Wun-dar, "Savage He-Man": One hundred years before Prince Adam was born.
    - Prince Adam, "He-man": Present.

Among King Grayskull and Prince Adam there are 500 years, so asuming that there is a "He-men" every 50 years, we can have over 10 different characters.

Any aditional info is welcomed.

----------------------------------------------------------

Do you think that the different looks of Heman belongs to other He-man? I believe that the Power Sword can get the power of the Heroes after his death and then He-man can access to that powers:

For Instance:
    - Snake Armor - A snake hunter warrior.
    - Ice Armor - A heroic warrior from the Ice Mountains.
    - Thunder Punch - The Strongest Man of the Universe.
    - Flying Fists - The Fastest Man of the Universe.
    - Laser Power - The Most Intelligent Man of the Universe. Uses high-tech to protect Eternia!

Each figure could come with the standard He-Man head and other head that represent one "He-Men". This way, we can collect each encarnation of He-man or each He-men (or both).
    The Bio for Battle Armor He-Man stated that he can change his armor for different situations.

The non-variants that you mentioned above (Grayskull, Vikor, etc.) are all different He-Men...but the variants are the same He-Man (Prince Adam one) with different armors and weaponry.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I thought that the Great Unrest took place just before Adam was born, so Wun-Dar was trained before Oo-Larr
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    I thought that the Great Unrest took place just before Adam was born, so Wun-Dar was trained before Oo-Larr
    Yep, the Great Unreset is only about 18 or so years before when Adam gained the sword. Oo-lar was a contemporary with Randor and Keldor in their prime.

The only thing I always wondered is an eternians life expectancy the same as an earthlings? I mean they may live to 150 years old we don't know.
    bnl4life

Do you like the idea that the Heman variants belongs to other He-men? I believe that the Power Sword can get the power of the Heroes after his death and then He-man can access to that powers:

For Instance:
    - Snake Armor - A snake hunter warrior.
    - Ice Armor - A heroic warrior from the Ice Mountains.
    - Thunder Punch - The Strongest Man of the Universe.
    - Flying Fists - The Fastest Man of the Universe.
    - Laser Power - The Most Intelligent Man of the Universe. Uses high-tech to protect Eternia!

Each figure could come with the standard He-Man head and other head that represent one "He-Men". This way, we can collect each encarnation of He-man or each He-men (or both).

We know Adam is a direct descendent of King Grayskull. But what about the others?

Do Vikor, Wun-Dar and Oo-Lar (ugh, hate that name) have any relation to KG at all? Part of the family tree so to speak? Do they channel any of the power?

I'm still not a big fan of the multiple He-Mans...

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    They have similar faces XD
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    We know Adam is a direct descendent of King Grayskull. But what about the others?

Do Vikor, Wun-Dar and Oo-Lar (ugh, hate that name) have any relation to KG at all? Part of the family tree so to speak? Do they channel any of the power?
    This is an interesting question. Doesn't the new King Grayskull bio state that only KG's decendents can access the Powers held by the power sword? Do these historical 'He-Men' access any power from the swords or only through the harnesses bestowed upon them by the Goddess?

I believe there could be quite a number of distinct He-Men yet to be revealed, based on the 200x variants:

- Jungle Attak He-Man
    - Wolf He-Man
    - samurai He-Man

I would be very interested in seeing all these figures if presented as unique historical He-Men.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    I thought that King Grayskull changed the power sword forever (by adding his essence) so that only his descendants could use the power?

So wouldn't ALL He-Men be related? Fathers' father's father's uncle.....
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

It's certainly possible that they represent a bloodline. However it cannot possibly be a direct bloodline because Oo-Lar was alive and active at the time when Captain Randor was kicking ass. Maybe the potential exists in any of Grayskulls descendants but only a very rare occurance will make them able to become a proper "He-Man".

It's also possible that these dudes are just chosen to protect the secrets, not master them, and that Adam is the only one who can do that, as Grayskull's heir.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    A He-Men chronology! Awesome thread idea!

so does he-ro come before all that?
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

As it stands He-Ro is from the past but he could very well still be Adams' son, time travel is something that eternians can do with Gwildors cosmic keys.

But I would personally prefer it he He-Ro wasn't related in anyway to the He-Men.
    Last edited by Coptur; July 27, 2010 at 11:35am.

Widget
    I love the early mini-comic He-man the best but I don't think we need a figure of him. With the He-man bio we have it mentions the techno-vest and the power sword. I think it sort of wrote Jungle He-man out of the history. Here are some reasons why other recent He-mans don't work for me:

1.In MYP He-man is a complete surprise and mystery when he first arrives. I think such an important and legendary hero over the last 500 years would have been remembered.

2.In the mini-comics He-man's allies were Man-at-arms, Teela, Stratos, Ram mam, etc.
    His enemies were Skeletor, Mer-man, Beast-man etc. I can not except Adam He-man having allies AND enemies that happen to have the same names as Jungle He-man.

3.Castle Grayskull is too much of a mystery for being the home of the King that saved the entire planet.

I love the original mini-comics mythos, but at this point it should be written out. How about the first few comics be a telling of the story of He-man either by someone that thinks they know where he came from or by someone involved with Adam trying to distance the Adam identity from He-man. It would be a bit like the Batman episode in which the different children tell of their versions and impressions of Batman from their personal sightings.

Or
    How about Adam He-man is a result of some sort of fusion between Adam and Ooolar. Maybe Ooolar was going to die and his power, memories and abilities have been passed on to Adam so He-man could continue as in the prophesy. And seem to be the same He-man to everyone else.

New info added.

Oo-Lar, Wun-Dar, Vikor, He-Man: Clarification?

Okay, Im a bit confused and am hoping someone might be able to clear this up for me.

Oo-Lar
    Wun-Dar
    Vikor

What Im trying to discern is who they are in the story arc.

I've read the old mini comic where a barbarian from a village (above pics) meets the Goddess, and she gives him the armor and stuff to become "He-Man". And that gives him is strength and he goes off to fight Skeletor.

Is THAT supposed to be this Oo-Lar that I keep hearing about??

Unless I read over it in that comic and just forgot, I dont think I had heard the name Oo-Lar until very recently on these forums.

MOTUC gave us Wun-Dar.
    I remember the offer on Wonderbread from when I was a kid. And so I thought this was a cool idea for Mattel to add him the the MOTUC line. (Then I learned that know one actually knows if it exists, which is weird because I have memories of it. oh well)
    When I read his bio though, I thought that he was supposed to be the Barbarian/Savage "He-Man" that the Goddess gave the special armor to that gave him strength. So I thought he was supposed to be THAT old mini comic character.

But now I hear about Oo-Lar and not Vikor....

I realize that Vikor is sort of a concept He-Man, and Wun-Dar is the Wonderbread He-man... but I'm wondering WHO they are and WHERE they fall into place in the story.

Are Oo-Lar and Wun-Dar the same character? Or TWO different savage men that the Goddess handed out power stuff to? (She's sort of a dealer isn't she...lol)

I just read Vikor's bio, so he IS a different character than Oo-Lar. Looks like he was the first "He-Man".

So what about Oo-Lar and Wun-Dar?

Same? Different? If different, do we know who's first and who is after? It seems to me, that the guy depicted in the comics would have to be after Wun-Dar simply because his armor is the same as He-Man's and also because he battles Skeletor. And I don't recall Skeletor mentioned in Wun-Dar's bio.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

In MOTUC, Oo-Lar is apparently meant to be the jungle-bred barbarian seen in the original mini-comics.

Wun-Dar and Vikor have not been depicted in any other media before, but were included due to the mystery mail-away figure and the concept art respectively. As far as the Bio-Canon goes, they are just two more men who protected the Trollan Power Sword of He.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

From reading the bios it's pretty clear that Wun-Dar and Oo-Larr are not the same character. They live in completely different times.

Oo-Larr - 20 years before Adam becomes He-Man.

Wun-Dar - 100 years before Adam becomes He-Man.

Vikor - roughly 500 years before Adam.

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    The first He-Man was He-Ro, then came Grayskull, then came Wun-Dar, who was the last He-Man to carry the sword of He, then Vikor became the next man with the name He-Man but did not have the sword, then came Oo-Larr, who as well had no sword sword of he and was merely He-Man by name, was also the foe of Skeletor prior to Adam He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    From reading the bios it's pretty clear that Wun-Dar and Oo-Larr are not the same character. They live in completely different times.

I have not seen Oo-Lar's bio. Does he have one?

Wun-Dar does say 100 years before Adam. "One hundred years before Prince Adam was born...She [the Goddess] provided him with cosmic battle armor and a sophisticated ray gun that could tap into almost unlimited power. The Goddess tasked Wun-Dar to protect both halves of the sword of He...Wun-Dar became known as the “He-Man,” ".
    It also calls him savage. Thus I thought this could be the savage "He-Man" from the mini comics.

And I didn't read any "years before" on Vikor's bio.

Vikor's says: "Shortly after King Grayskull’s death, Vikor, a great warrior from the north was chosen by the Goddess to help protect the Sword of He"
    It mentions that he battles the Snakemen. So he can't be the savage "He-Man" from the mini comics.
    So I got Vikor figured out.

So, my question is, did they retro-vamp the savage He-Man from the mini comics to be Wun-Dar? Or does Savage "He-Man" Wun-Dar fall between barbarian "He-Man" Vikor, and barbarian/savage "He-Man" Oo-Lar.... or do we not even know yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GLJossan View Post
    The first He-Man was He-Ro, then came Grayskull, then came Wun-Dar, who was the last He-Man to carry the sword of He, then Vikor became the next man with the name He-Man but did not have the sword, then came Oo-Larr, who as well had no sword sword of he and was merely He-Man by name, was also the foe of Skeletor prior to Adam He-Man.
    I don't believe He-Ro and Grayskull are considered "He-Man" though I could be mistaken.
    Vikor's bio seems to indicate him as the "He-Man". Though again, I could be wrong.
    Also, it would seem that Vikor came before Wun-Dar since Vikor's bio says: "shortly after the death of Grayskull". And Wun-Dar's says "100 years before Adam".

I am beginning to see that the Oo-Lar and Wun-Dar were different "He-Man's" though.

It makes more sense that they are different.
    So Mattel will probably make an Oo-Lar character I assume?
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Oo_lar is a different character. Wun-dar is 100 years before and in the BA Skeletor bios OO-lar destroys the original armor used by Skeletor to breach the Mystic wall when he steals Addora. That would put him 20 years in the past from the current He-man. Though....maybe Wun-dar's race is long lived....

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post

and what time for hero and king greyskull ?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    Oo_lar is a different character. Wun-dar is 100 years before and in the BA Skeletor bios OO-lar destroys the original armor used by Skeletor to breach the Mystic wall when he steals Addora. That would put him 20 years in the past from the current He-man. Though....maybe Wun-dar's race is long lived....

AH yes! That makes sense! haha Sometimes we miss the simplest of details.
    Thanks!

So yeah, Wun-Dar can't be that mini comic He-Man since he did not fight Skeletor 100 years before Adam. Skeletor isnt that old.

Thanks!

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Heroic Warrior
    The characters are a little confusing because they are only inspired by the mini comic characters and do not share their exact continuities.

Vikor is based on the concept HeMan, and lived during the time of Grayskull but became active right after his death. He seems to be the first of the HeMen.

Wundar was 400 years later, and shares a similar story to the original mini comic HeMan in that he saved the Goddess and was rewarded with armor.

Oolar seems to be the last HeMan before Adam and was even active during during Adam's infancy and even fought Skeletor. He is the most like the minicomic HeMan, but is not the exact same character.
    "Mind bottling, isn't it?"
    -Chazz Michael Michaels

http://www.patrickgarone.com

http://www.twitter.com/patrickgarone

Join the Facebook Group for my book, City of the Gods.