View Poll Results: Should the 200X elements be only limited to 200X variants?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • 200X heads, weapons and accessories should be exclusive to 200X variants

    21 70.00%
  • 200X variants should have exclusive 200X heads only

    9 30.00%
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Should the 200X elements be only limited to 200X variants?

  1. #1
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,036

    Should the 200X elements be only limited to 200X variants?

    For those of you that haven't heard....

    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Actually, a "head pack" is one of the least likely things to happen. We did propose this and management did put the definitive kabash on it feeling it was a bit morbid to have a group of heads in a package without a "body" as well as feeling it was not the best use of resources. (on the second part I agree knowing what limited resources we have and how intensive heads can be with so many paint ops)

    Originally we actually talked about making Prince Adam's extra head the SDCC give-away (like Gleek) but much like a "head pack" this was also thought to be a bit morbid (a head in a bag...yeah, I can see that)

    If we do 200X heads they will be with a figure. After all, we need to save things for key refreshes down the line.

    So for those wanting 200X heads, keep the chant going. For those wanting a head pack, that I can pretty much tell you will never happen.

    TG
    Some fans want the MOTUC figures to be updated versions of their vintage counterparts.

    However, since Toyguru mentioned that 200X variants of characters (same figures, only with the 200X head instead of the vintage head) could possibly happen, some of the fans who originally favored a head pak think buying a new figure with a different head is overkill and want more of an excuse to re-buy figures than simply a new head.

    Should the regular releases of MOTUC omit the 200X influence entirely, so that any possible 200X variants of those characters could be a better sell? I know the vintage fans would be okay with this, but how about the rest of the fans? Should 200X weapons, heads and accessories be limited to their variants, while the vintage version only comes with the vintage weapon?

    "200X heads, weapons and accessories should be exclusive to 200X variants"
    The 200X variants would be the only figures with the 200X elements. Meaning, the regular Club Eternia Sy-Klone would only come with his vintage shield and vintage head, while a 200X variant of Sy-Klone has his 200X head in place of his vintage head and his Big Red Ring, as well as the yellow shield (since he had a yellow shield in 200X). Grizzlor would have his vintage head and green crossbow, while the 200X variant would have a metallic colored crossbow, all of those extra weapons and would have his 200X head on, instead of his vintage head.

    "200X variants should have exclusive 200X heads only"
    The 200X variants would be the same figures as the regular release, except for the 200X head in place of the vintage head. No other new additions. For example, Sy-Klone would have the Big Red Ring with either version, but while one version has a vintage head, the 200X variant would have the 200X head.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 13, 2010 at 12:31pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior General Hawk 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brandon Florida
    Posts
    986
    Which choice means we want more 200X stuff throughout the line?

    ie. Any of the figures that can, should have 200X heads and or elements?

    The choices seem unclear to me.


    "200X heads, weapons and accessories should be exclusive to 200X variants"

    So, only variant figures would have 200X stuff? Not regular figures?


    "200X variants should have exclusive 200X heads only"

    So, we only get 200X heads? Exclusive to what? The variants or to the character that has a different head in 200x?


    What about choice.... Any characters that have a 200X figure/style should have those elements included somehow? Be it heads or accessories.


    Sorry man, I want to support more 200X style elements being incorporated, but I just don't understand the choices for the poll. I think they could need some clearing up? Maybe its just me.
    Last edited by General Hawk 7; December 13, 2010 at 11:56am.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

    Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

    Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

  3. #3
    Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,195
    I'm not really sure how to vote here.
    I don't really want either.

    What I want is for the 4H to have creative freedom to include whatever accessories and swappable heads they feel makes for the coolest figure with the most bang for the buck.

    All I know is that I don't care for the creeping element from Mattel that apparently wants to preserve the vintage designs in amber as if they are some kind of holy relics.

    If MotU truly is an "avatar of the imagination" it shouldn't be held hostage to kid-friendly aesthetics of 30 years ago, nor of 10 years ago.

    It should be allowed to grow.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior General Hawk 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brandon Florida
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I'm not really sure how to vote here.
    I don't really want either.

    What I want is for the 4H to have creative freedom to include whatever accessories and swappable heads they feel makes for the coolest figure with the most bang for the buck.

    All I know is that I don't care for the creeping element from Mattel that apparently wants to preserve the vintage designs in amber as if they are some kind of holy relics.

    If MotU truly is an "avatar of the imagination" it shouldn't be held hostage to kid-friendly aesthetics of 30 years ago, nor of 10 years ago.

    It should be allowed to grow.
    I agree. A combination of 200X elements with vintage, WITH maybe NEW elements as well, of the 4H's imaginations to make the Ultimate Versions of the characters. Let the creativity flow!
    I prefer the 200X style, but I would be very happy with them letting the 4H just do their thing without ANY restrictions (size, style, or other)
    I think most everyone would be happier all around with that.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

    Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

    Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

  5. #5
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,036
    "200X heads, weapons and accessories should be exclusive to 200X variants"
    The 200X variants would be the only figures with the 200X elements. Meaning, the regular Club Eternia Sy-Klone would only come with his vintage shield and vintage head, while a 200X variant of Sy-Klone has his 200X head in place of his vintage head and his Big Red Ring, as well as the yellow shield (since he had a yellow shield in 200X). Grizzlor would have his vintage head and green crossbow, while the 200X variant would have a metallic colored crossbow, all of those extra weapons and would have his 200X head on, instead of his vintage head.

    "200X variants should have exclusive 200X heads only"
    The 200X variants would be the same figures as the regular release, except for the 200X head in place of the vintage head. No other new additions. For example, Sy-Klone would have the Big Red Ring with either version, but while one version has a vintage head, the 200X variant would have the 200X head.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 13, 2010 at 12:31pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  6. #6
    Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,195
    I understand your options, MGM.
    I just think it would be a disaster, artistically.

    And I feel the "vintage copy" figures that feature no improvements, nothing fresh, won't sell as well either.

    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    I agree. A combination of 200X elements with vintage, WITH maybe NEW elements as well, of the 4H's imaginations to make the Ultimate Versions of the characters. Let the creativity flow!
    I prefer the 200X style, but I would be very happy with them letting the 4H just do their thing without ANY restrictions (size, style, or other)
    I think most everyone would be happier all around with that.
    "Ultimate versions of the characters" is exactly what the goal should be.

    Sometimes that should be heavily vintage toy-inspired, sometimes it should nod to Filmation, sometimes it should take from packaging or comic artwork, sometimes it should borrow some of the execution from the 200x line, and sometimes it requires some small touches that are altogether new.

    To say "Remake the vintage figure and that's it" is a horrible policy, and it's NOT what made this line such a success.

  7. #7
    Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    17,995
    I don't know what to vote for either.

    While I like some of the 200x throw ins like various weapons adding to the accessories of characters, I don't want straight up 200x figures.

    I would buy figures again of characters I really like if they were tweaked a bit with 200x stuff. I say just save some characters for refreshes. They recently said they could do more tooling on quarterly bonus figures and I believe that's what 200x refreshes should fall into. Like what they SHOULD do with an Evil-Lyn refresh. I'd totally buy a slightly retooled/repainted 200x purple costume/pale skin Evil-Lyn as a quarterly bonus figure. All she needs is the skirt in the back and a new paint job and that would make for a HOT quarterly bonus figure!

    I would pick and choose though. Some characters I prefer a more vintage look. Take some of the Snake Men for instance. I LOVE classic King Hiss and Rattlor but don't really care for 200x's "King Hssss" and "The General". While Tung Lashor I like both the vintage look AND the beastly-sized 200x staction look.

    I say do em up as quarterly bonus figures that way everyone will be happy. Maybe repaint some of their weapons a little bit to make them a bit different from the same old weapons as their regular, more classic releases.

    Same thing they've been doing all along with Keldor and Zodak (with a k).

    What do ya say, MGM?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior General Hawk 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brandon Florida
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I understand your options, MGM.
    I just think it would be a disaster, artistically.

    And I feel the "vintage copy" figures that feature no improvements, nothing fresh, won't sell as well either.



    "Ultimate versions of the characters" is exactly what the goal should be.

    Sometimes that should be heavily vintage toy-inspired, sometimes it should nod to Filmation, sometimes it should take from packaging or comic artwork, sometimes it should borrow some of the execution from the 200x line, and sometimes it requires some small touches that are altogether new.

    To say "Remake the vintage figure and that's it" is a horrible policy, and it's NOT what made this line such a success.

    Cool. That's what I want. Ultimate version (incorporating whatever elements from whichever medium the 4H want) So which option would best cover that? Would that be the first option? (sorry, a bit dense I guess)
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

    Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

    Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

  9. #9
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I understand your options, MGM.
    I just think it would be a disaster, artistically.

    And I feel the "vintage copy" figures that feature no improvements, nothing fresh, won't sell as well either.
    I dunno....there are alot of vintage fans out there who really do want carbon copies.

    "Ultimate versions of the characters" is exactly what the goal should be.

    Sometimes that should be heavily vintage toy-inspired, sometimes it should nod to Filmation, sometimes it should take from packaging or comic artwork, sometimes it should borrow some of the execution from the 200x line, and sometimes it requires some small touches that are altogether new.

    To say "Remake the vintage figure and that's it" is a horrible policy, and it's NOT what made this line such a success.
    I wish that were so. I'm of the mind where only an alternate head was all that was truly needed, not re-buying the same figure to get a new head. But Mattel would rather sell a bunch of $20 figures than a $20 or $30 head pak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I don't know what to vote for either.

    While I like some of the 200x throw ins like various weapons adding to the accessories of characters, I don't want straight up 200x figures.

    I would buy figures again of characters I really like if they were tweaked a bit with 200x stuff. I say just save some characters for refreshes. They recently said they could do more tooling on quarterly bonus figures and I believe that's what 200x refreshes should fall into. Like what they SHOULD do with an Evil-Lyn refresh. I'd totally buy a slightly retooled/repainted 200x purple costume/pale skin Evil-Lyn as a quarterly bonus figure. All she needs is the skirt in the back and a new paint job and that would make for a HOT quarterly bonus figure!

    I would pick and choose though. Some characters I prefer a more vintage look. Take some of the Snake Men for instance. I LOVE classic King Hiss and Rattlor but don't really care for 200x's "King Hssss" and "The General". While Tung Lashor I like both the vintage look AND the beastly-sized 200x staction look.

    I say do em up as quarterly bonus figures that way everyone will be happy. Maybe repaint some of their weapons a little bit to make them a bit different from the same old weapons as their regular, more classic releases.

    Same thing they've been doing all along with Keldor and Zodak (with a k).

    What do ya say, MGM?
    Definitely bonus figures and definitely an OPTIONAL purchase.
    These shouldn't be Club Eternia figures. Not everyone likes 200X.

    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Cool. That's what I want. Ultimate version (incorporating whatever elements from whichever medium the 4H want) So which option would best cover that? Would that be the first option? (sorry, a bit dense I guess)
    Both choices give you the same thing.
    Fans are going to buy BOTH versions to mix and match between the two figures to create a composite whole.

    The thing I wanted to see is how different should these variants be from the originals.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 13, 2010 at 12:29pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  10. #10
    folks die GoreIlla Dances DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I'm not really sure how to vote here.
    I don't really want either.

    What I want is for the 4H to have creative freedom to include whatever accessories and swappable heads they feel makes for the coolest figure with the most bang for the buck.

    All I know is that I don't care for the creeping element from Mattel that apparently wants to preserve the vintage designs in amber as if they are some kind of holy relics.

    If MotU truly is an "avatar of the imagination" it shouldn't be held hostage to kid-friendly aesthetics of 30 years ago, nor of 10 years ago.

    It should be allowed to grow.
    This is why I can't vote for this poll.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

  11. #11
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I'm not really sure how to vote here.
    I don't really want either.

    What I want is for the 4H to have creative freedom to include whatever accessories and swappable heads they feel makes for the coolest figure with the most bang for the buck.

    All I know is that I don't care for the creeping element from Mattel that apparently wants to preserve the vintage designs in amber as if they are some kind of holy relics.

    If MotU truly is an "avatar of the imagination" it shouldn't be held hostage to kid-friendly aesthetics of 30 years ago, nor of 10 years ago.

    It should be allowed to grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    This is why I can't vote for this poll.
    Don't feel bad. I haven't voted either.

    However, there are others who might like the choices that I've presented. One is probably what Toyguru suggested. The other is what the fans might want. Somewhere in the middle is including heads with the regular figures, but good ol' fashioned Mattel greed stops the most practical choice.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  12. #12
    Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perdition, Finland
    Posts
    725
    I'm not really sure if anyone wants either of the options available here. First of all, I'd like to point out that many of us are more interested in new tooling for the body than exclusive weapons and accessories. This means possibly changing hands, loincloths, legs, or whatever is necessary to include the design elements relevant to the 200X design (not style, we know that is retired! )

    On the other hand, I don't want to rob the vintage purists of new stuff either, whether it be weapons/accessories or other additions. I understand that Mattel might not be willing to spend the money on two sets of identical accessories to include with both variants, so there would have to be sacrifices, probably on both sides.

    Personally I would be OK with an option where only the 200X variants get stuff that is based on the 200X designs, and not the weapons/accessories of the vintage version. The Zodac/Zodak situation essentially. The weapons after all can be included in weapon paks as repaints for anyone who passed either version. But there should definitely be something completely new for the vintage version as well. This might be something completely new that the 4H come up with, and we might have to accept that some or even all of these elements would in turn be absent from the 200X variant.

    This wouldn't be the perfect way to solve the problem, but at least it would be an attempt at a compromise that might be workable. All I know is that the last thing I want is for the 200X variants to be the exact same figure with a new head. That would be a total rip-off. So I'm going with the first option then, I guess?
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

    Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

    Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

  13. #13
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,036
    So far, fans want any theoretical 200X variants to be more than a 200X head on the figure that's already released.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    I'm not really sure if anyone wants either of the options available here. First of all, I'd like to point out that many of us are more interested in new tooling for the body than exclusive weapons and accessories. This means possibly changing hands, loincloths, legs, or whatever is necessary to include the design elements relevant to the 200X design (not style, we know that is retired! )

    On the other hand, I don't want to rob the vintage purists of new stuff either, whether it be weapons/accessories or other additions. I understand that Mattel might not be willing to spend the money on two sets of identical accessories to include with both variants, so there would have to be sacrifices, probably on both sides.

    Personally I would be OK with an option where only the 200X variants get stuff that is based on the 200X designs, and not the weapons/accessories of the vintage version. The Zodac/Zodak situation essentially. The weapons after all can be included in weapon paks as repaints for anyone who passed either version. But there should definitely be something completely new for the vintage version as well. This might be something completely new that the 4H come up with, and we might have to accept that some or even all of these elements would in turn be absent from the 200X variant.

    This wouldn't be the perfect way to solve the problem, but at least it would be an attempt at a compromise that might be workable. All I know is that the last thing I want is for the 200X variants to be the exact same figure with a new head. That would be a total rip-off. So I'm going with the first option then, I guess?
    Yup. You're option#1.

    Crazy question, but do the vintage fans really WANT these new things?

    I'm probably stereotyping, but I would think any new stuff is more of a desire from the 200X fans to spice up the old vintage figure, whereas the vintage fans are happy with the old figure and weapon and don't really care about any new elements.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  14. #14
    Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perdition, Finland
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Crazy question, but do the vintage fans really WANT these new things?
    Not everyone falls into two neat categories where others are vintage purists and others want all the new stuff. There are people who want 200X versions of some characters and are uninterested in the vintage ones, yet want vintage versions of other characters and are not interested in their 200X variants. Vintage doesn't always have to mean a slavish remake of the old figure either, because there are alternative designs from style guides, minicomics and even cardbacks, not to mention all the completely new stuff the 4H manage to work in.

    Are there really people who don't want any of the new extra stuff that isn't based on 200X or the vintage toys? If there are, I'm betting they are a minority.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

    Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

    Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

  15. #15
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    Not everyone falls into two neat categories where others are vintage purists and others want all the new stuff. There are people who want 200X versions of some characters and are uninterested in the vintage ones, yet want vintage versions of other characters and are not interested in their 200X variants. Vintage doesn't always have to mean a slavish remake of the old figure either, because there are alternative designs from style guides, minicomics and even cardbacks, not to mention all the completely new stuff the 4H manage to work in.

    Are there really people who don't want any of the new extra stuff that isn't based on 200X or the vintage toys? If there are, I'm betting they are a minority.
    It would be cool if we can hear from some vintage fans. I wonder if they would support getting rid of that "pesky 200X influence" from their figures once and for all.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  16. #16
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,772
    I want them to keep doing what they have been doing. Including some 200x influence were it is appropriate. A few detail add on's like weapons, armor & heads. I like the figure how they are. When they have a 200x element like Webstors extra limbs you have the option of not displaying him that way. you get the idea. I personal like having the option of displaying my figure vintage or 200x. Thats very fun & its good swap change them when you get bored or want extra variety in your collection.

  17. #17
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,036
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I want them to keep doing what they have been doing. Including some 200x influence were it is appropriate. A few detail add on's like weapons, armor & heads. I like the figure how they are. When they have a 200x element like Webstors extra limbs you have the option of not displaying him that way. you get the idea. I personal like having the option of displaying my figure vintage or 200x. Thats very fun & its good swap change them when you get bored or want extra variety in your collection.
    Yeah, me too. But it's more like I wish they'd go back to what they were doing before the ban, but since that isn't happening, I guess these 200X variants would be the way to go to get that variety BACK.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  18. #18
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,768
    Well, I was really torn how to vote. Before I say how I voted, I just want to say that I personally think Mattel had the right formula earlier on in the line when it was new and TG and the 4H had more control. When things start to become a success and the "big wigs" get their claws into them...they usually screw it up and things fail. This is historically the case for MANY things. Too many rules change, too many restrictions are imposed, customers and fans get upset and stop buying because things become too political or a pain in the rear end for them.

    Anyway, earlier we got hybrid figures: mainly vintage with some 200X elements added on (usually small), but we got the 200X weapons AND a 200X head. This is PERFECT and what I want to come back.

    However, for the case of this pole, I chose the first option which keeps all 200X stuff with 200X figures. If the big wigs plan on releasing the exact same figures with a NEW 200X head as the only difference "Malibu Stacey sales strategy), I think it will be a cold day in hell before anyone takes kindly to that. I also think sales will tank. So, some newly sculpted body pieces, accessories, etc. would be great.

    I'm just very uncomfortable with the whole topic, to be honest, because I really think 200X fans might get even MORE screwed in the end.

    At the moment at LEAST we still see some 200X influences (like Sy-Klone's red ring, Buzz-Off's axe, etc.). If they go by the solely 200X figures get that stuff and then the first 200X figure TANKS, we will no longer get anything.

    So...yeah. My whole post can be summed up in 4 words: scared to be screwed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Donimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, OH
    Posts
    702
    I like what they've been doing all along - adding 200X influences here and there to vintage designs when appropriate. So neither of the options presented in this poll are appropriate for me. Hence the reason I'm not voting.

    But, if there was a choice "C" for keeping things the way they are (and have always been) with 200X influences in MOTUC, then that would be my choice. We are still getting the 200X influences that we've gotten all along.

    I am a huge 200X fan but I understand their place and what the purpose was for those designs. I don't think this poll provides a fair representation of thoughts on the subject.
    Last edited by Donimo; December 17, 2010 at 11:39pm.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Bulkhide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vagabond
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Well, I was really torn how to vote. Before I say how I voted, I just want to say that I personally think Mattel had the right formula earlier on in the line when it was new and TG and the 4H had more control. When things start to become a success and the "big wigs" get their claws into them...they usually screw it up and things fail. This is historically the case for MANY things. Too many rules change, too many restrictions are imposed, customers and fans get upset and stop buying because things become too political or a pain in the rear end for them.

    Anyway, earlier we got hybrid figures: mainly vintage with some 200X elements added on (usually small), but we got the 200X weapons AND a 200X head. This is PERFECT and what I want to come back.

    However, for the case of this pole, I chose the first option which keeps all 200X stuff with 200X figures. If the big wigs plan on releasing the exact same figures with a NEW 200X head as the only difference "Malibu Stacey sales strategy), I think it will be a cold day in hell before anyone takes kindly to that. I also think sales will tank. So, some newly sculpted body pieces, accessories, etc. would be great.

    I'm just very uncomfortable with the whole topic, to be honest, because I really think 200X fans might get even MORE screwed in the end.

    At the moment at LEAST we still see some 200X influences (like Sy-Klone's red ring, Buzz-Off's axe, etc.). If they go by the solely 200X figures get that stuff and then the first 200X figure TANKS, we will no longer get anything.

    So...yeah. My whole post can be summed up in 4 words: scared to be screwed.
    This sums up all my thoughts. I agree 100%. And for me if Mattel is going to go to separating Vintage and 200X more and more, then by all means go all out and make 200X figures with all the bells and whistles (like Carnivus but with already done characters like Evil-Lyn, Adam, etc...).
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

  21. #21
    Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,028
    I want fat whiplash! (not just a fat head on a skinny body)
    I want crab shell clawful!
    I want pale evil-lyn not in teela's outfit!
    I want young adam!
    I want Cardback Ram-Man!
    I want Cardback Man-E-Faces!
    I want Madame Razz!

    I'm very particular as to what look I want for each character, I don't see 200x or vintage, just the best interpretation of the character for me.

    How do I vote?
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

    Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

    Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

  22. #22
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,542
    Honestly, I don't care about "200X variants." I like how things are going with the line now, as there is quite a bit of 200X present, with a larger focus on Vintage.

    I would like to see more fleshed out areas, as the Horsemen did with MAA's armor in the back.

    Still, given the qualifiers for the poll, I voted that 200X variants should have the heads, because I like that the figures we've gotten so far have included 200X accessories, features, and such.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Way to Go Club Etheria!

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior SAMURAI36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago (The Actual City)
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Which choice means we want more 200X stuff throughout the line?
    Co-Sign. I just want morre 200X, period.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    Since I don't like being left out I am picking what everone else is picking so its A-vote.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

  25. #25
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    3,897
    I cant vote in this one. Because we dont get "200x" heads so I disqualify that as a part of the quiz. I cant vote but I can say that I want 200x weapons and details incorperated into MOTUC as it has been done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •