Thread: Teela's Snake armor

Teela's Snake armor

was that supposed to be made from a Snakeman's hide?

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    And why does she have the Staff? She's really snaked out with weapons. I always thought it odd.

I don't display Teela with her snake armour. Looks so much better with her un-helmeted head. I also swapped her snake staff with the Goddess's. So the Goddess is all snaked up and Teela has a staff that suits her much better!

Heroic Warrior
    The armor was from the original toy and concept designs that showed her as the Goddess (before the one issue featuring her as a green Goddess). Then in other media it is just her battle armor (from the 80's). I've actually always preferred the cobra armor on her. I don't think it has anything to do with the Snakemen, since her design concept came first, but given MOTUC continuity I'd half expect Mattel to tie it to the snakemen. I think it's just a cool character design, like Skeletor has crossbones on his harness and Man-at-Arms has a big shoulder guard and the like. It's just part of her design. Maybe cobras on eternia breathe fire and are fierce predators that stalk the land and maybe teela killed one and incorporated it into her armor as a trophy. There are lots of possibilities.

I agree on the un-helmeted head that the snake accessories don't go so well, and I too have that version of teela posed with the spear that came with the Goddess along with her sword and shield. She's much more a warrior maiden that way.
    Good trades with: Cammor

actually, she was supposed to be two different characters - a warrior female (Teela) and a sorceress - probably EVIL, hence the snakes!

I believe that in the Bio-Canon, the staff of Ka actually once belonged to the Snakemen, too. I know there's more to all that...has to be.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    See I told you Green Goddess is a villain. In my cannon she created the Snake Men.

I never display Teela with snake armor Classic or vintage.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    There is no explanation, why both share the same armor...

Why the snake armor?

My cannon:

I think of the Green Goddess always as a force beyond the actions between Heroes and Evils with her own reasons to stay on Eternia.

She is somehow connected to Castle Grayskull and the Sorceress, but her true meanings are hidden deep in the past.

or:

She was the wife of King Hiss (without being a snakeman), then she doesn`t want to be part of his cult and she goes into the exile, living forever alone, but is given secret powers only to her... The armor reminds her always of her past and her true enemy...

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Is Teela's snake armor connected to her becoming the Sorceress?

(Sorry if this has been done in another thread and I've missed it...)

We all know that Teela's destiny one day will to become the new Sorceress.
    We also know that (in some incarnations), Teela wears the cobra armor that was worn by The Goddess.

Do you think this could be explained towards her future role as the Sorceress? Maybe the Sorceress has given Teela the cobra armor to protect her, without Teela realising the full significance of it?

Maybe it's giving Teela certain skills and powers to slowly build her up into the next Sorceress, without Teela being conscious of it?

I dunno... I've just been sitting and musing, and maybe there's some connection there. I'm surprised they didn't build on it more in either Teela or the Goddess's bio. Anyone else pondered these possible connections?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I like to think each Sorceress has a totem they represent or are represented by. Maybe they coincide with whatever sign of the Eternian Zodiac they're born under.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

This could have been explained in Teela's bio, and/or The Goddess's bio.

Why they ignored it, I will never understand. If the answer is in the Sorceress's bio, then The Sorceress is going to have to come with an encyclopedia because it's her bio that may have to explain the huge list of unanswered questions about the sorceresses, the Goddess, Teela, cloning, the snake armor, etc.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

A big fan of Slush Head
    That's why I hate the cloning thing. They are gonna have to explain a lot. In BA Skeletor's bio it says that he escaped the mystic wall and managed to clone the Sorceress, but in the mini comics he cloned the Goddess not the Sorceress.
    Back in the 80s The Goddess and the Sorceress were basically the same character but in MOTUC they are not. So how the hell are they going to explain that?
    That's a big mistake in the bios. The Sorceress shouldn't have been cloned, the Goddes should.
    Last edited by Mike Bock; January 3, 2011 at 06:30pm.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I agree. They could have made that work this way:

BA Skeletor clones the GODDESS, and impregnates The Sorceress with the embryo....

That way, she would have been the "magically cloned daughter" that the bio says she is, but she would have been a clone of the Goddess AND the daughter of the Sorceress... a potentially unstoppable force.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The usual solution to the ****** bios is this:

DESTROY & EXECRATE ALL BIOS

Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

But the Sorceress is her mother and always has been, so if she is not the source of the clone, what significance would she have? They're just trying to make it all work out. I'm sure there aren't many questions we are coming up with that weren't thought of in the process of planning out how to make all of these chracters into one story and toyline. Some may not like it, but so far, it's actually working. Have faith!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

maybe the "clone" was just an ovulum with the spirit of the Goddess and the Sorceress gave actually birth to baby Teela (so she is her mother) - i think this would blend the MOTUC canon and Filmation and explain why the Goddess looks like Teela.

in my canon the Snake Men used to be the Snake Clan (from FILMATION's "The Time Corridor"). While they were actually good men, some of them wanted to gain more power - and Hiss formed a group of warriors that worshipped the evil god Serpos. Hiss created the Serpent's Ring (that's why he still can change back into his original human form) and turned his group into snake men - becoming the King of the Snake Men!

Some of the Snake Clan, under the leadership of Zilora, fought against the Snake Men. Zilora handed down her cobra armor to Sharella and eventually Teela. (Or maybe Zilora is actually Sharella in MOTUC.)

@ bcrduke: oh, i just read you had the same idea! great idea
    Last edited by danvin; January 3, 2011 at 07:19pm.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I hate the word "clone." It's a cop-out. It's weak story telling. Who ever wrote them isn't a writer.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Well, Teela WAS the original "Sorceress/ Goddess" and Teela at the same time...
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Anyone else notice that the spear that came with the Goddess is almost identical to the one Teela used in the french animated commercial? I swapped em out with the ladies too myself.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

once I get King Hsss i am gonna have the goddess as his priestess. He needs a female presence on his team.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    If the answer is in the Sorceress's bio, then The Sorceress is going to have to come with an encyclopedia because it's her bio that may have to explain the huge list of unanswered questions about the sorceresses, the Goddess, Teela, cloning, the snake armor, etc.
    Well this is another reason why variants come in handy, Mattel has a chance to give as a huge mother bio via:
    - Vintage Sorceress
    - MYP Sorceress
    - Mini Comic Sorceress (eg. Pink Costume)

They could even give us more info in Veena's Bio. The only other option is that other Characters could have played a special role in certain events like Oolar and we will learn more through their bios too.

I hope we get all of the answers to these questions but I do have hope that the Bios will reveal all ... fingers crossed anyway.
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    I like to think each Sorceress has a totem they represent or are represented by. Maybe they coincide with whatever sign of the Eternian Zodiac they're born under.
    Only problem I have with THAT theory... is that Cobra's are horrible disgusting EVIL creatures that slither and Kill...

NOT something I like to think 'represents' Teela...

ESPECIALLY combined with the realm of 'Snake men' being the big boogeymen from the past... Nobody would ever trust the new sorceress dressed as a snake...

No way to get around it with the Goddess though..

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    I hate the word "clone." It's a cop-out. It's weak story telling. Who ever wrote them isn't a writer.
    With respect, totally disagree. The whole Teela clone idea from the early vintage line was really interesting (and much darker than most of the young-child-friendly material we got later), but it got lost as a different version of the mythos took over. Maybe you can argue the way it was handled in the bio was poor, but personally "The Tale of Teela!" is one of my all-time favourite mini-comics; I don't think you can say whoever came up with it "isn't a writer" just cos you don't like it personally.

What about the several Star Trek stories using clones? What about (looking at your username and profile pic) Bizarro? What about MOTU's own Faker (a clone in some canon)? Or Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. ....Umm, okay, I ruined my point on that last one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Anyone else notice that the spear that came with the Goddess is almost identical to the one Teela used in the french animated commercial? I swapped em out with the ladies too myself.
    Well the original vintage Teela prototype had that style spear, so I'd imagine that's where the French commercial took it's influnece.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Only problem I have with THAT theory... is that Cobra's are horrible disgusting EVIL creatures that slither and Kill...

NOT something I like to think 'represents' Teela...
    Kinda get your point, but then what about elements such as Castle Grayskull's ugly skull face? (An element also present on Ram Man's belt)? They're not exactly nice images.
    I'd like to think the cobra influence represents the prowess of a Cobra, not necessarily it's nastier connections.
    Last edited by Spacedust; January 4, 2011 at 07:49am.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

snake men came later, so technically the snake issue wouldnt be raised as
    I think that it was simply Teela was sans snake armour & staff, and the Goddess represented a different figure, created by the Teela figure, with armour and staff. It was up to us to decide which figure it was at what time.

I have no problem with that.

With the inclusion of the Green Goddess in this line, the snake armour and staff are included with teela because that is how she came vintage. You look at those pics up above and you see that Teela was concieved with a spear remarkably similar to what the Goddess came with, and so the switch that many of us have done is obviously strongly suggested if not implied.

Of course, have Teela in her armour, it's your avatar for imagination. BUt with conflicting stories due to no real plan and quick adjustments to demands of the media, any of these stories are "real" with none really trumping. Do you trust the better thought out one that came later, or the original one that was bare bones and just kinda off the top of heads with no worry about greater continuity?

Myself I take the best of both.

Teela gets spear, no snake armour.
    Goddess gets snake staff, snake armour.

The warrior Goddess was obviously Teela, but now Teela has been signifigantly defined as we know her today. Letting go of the Goddess part is easy enough for most of us, just as ignoring Barbarian He-Man and going with the obviously accepted Adam/He-Man though that wasnt originally the idea.

So do what you will. It's your toys.

But for the question was that made from a snakeman's hide? Sure, why not? Gruesome, but then those were more savage times, right?

Incedentally I love the idea that each goddess or sorceress (if there are multiple) have their own totem. Like other sorceresses didnt have to be birds. At least not the same birds, ect.

Frankly you can run with that story and assume that the Snake Armour goes with Teela once she becomes the Sorceress, as is her destiny. That I'll accept. I never pictured Teela in bird gear later in life so this is the obvious choice. Still not displaying her with that armour but it's a great idea.

Matty has botched Teela's bio if you ask me.

Everyone knows Teela is the daughter of Sorceress and the clone of Goddess. That is the way it has always been. Why the Matty bio-writers felt they had to ruin 25 years of history is beyond me.

My take on the dilemna is:

- Teela is the natural born daughter of the Sorceress
    - Skeletor kidnapped baby Teela and also the Goddess and inside the walls of Point Dread commenced magically transferring the Goddess' life essence into baby Teela
    - Man-At-Arms intervened breaking the spell but forever leaving Teela bonded to the Goddess because of the life-essence that is now part of her (as per Tale of Teela mini-comic).

Translucent Green Goddess is the Goddess prior to the loss of part of her life essence and also anytime she and Teela are merged together (as per mini-comic).

Caucasian Goddess is the mordern day de-powered Goddess who has lost that part of her life essence now bonded to Teela.

I love the Goddess.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199