View Poll Results: What origin do you want for Fisto in MOTUC?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation (Evil warrior turned good)

35 37.63%
  • MYP (Man-at-arms brother, Teelas father)

33 35.48%
  • Other (explain)

25 26.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which origin for Fisto in MOTUC

Which origin for Fisto in MOTUC

What story do you want for Fisto in MOTUC? I have always liked the filmation origin where he was an Evil Warrior of Skeletors before turning good and joining the Heroic Warriors and hope this is what is used in classics as I hated th MAA brother story from MYP but what would others prefer?

I liked the idea of him being Ma-at-Arms brother and the two of them being at odds. I feel it gave some more depth to both characters.
    As for him being Teela's father... I dunno, I would rather it be vauge with just some hints and possiblites

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I chose Filmation version. I hate when they try to make too many people related to one another in these epic struggles...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I hate when they try to make too many people related to one another in these epic struggles...
    I hate this, too.

But I don't want Fisto being evil, or at odds with any of the Heroic Warriors.

I'd prefer to see him as nomad-like, a general with his own troops/people who had to flee their home village and fight for survival.

I'd love for his people to be somewhat analogous to the Rohirrim for example, and when Fisto and his people happen upon the Eternians we know and love, they join forces to fight an intense battle which leaves Fisto's beloved steed near death.

As a token of appreciation for his support, Man-At-Arms uses all of his skill to give new life to this noble beast . . . in the form of STRIDOR!

MYP version was awful IMO, though.
    MAA's brother was bad, "real" huge fist was abysmal.
    And Teela's dad would've been even worse.

Heroic Warrior
    Not a good Poll

Personally I HATE when bad guys turn good... Always ruins a good bad guy. So I HAD to pick MYP.

However you chose to highlight to the two WORST things about MYP!!!! I liked him being a soldier who was injured. I liked MAA and others thinking he was coward and Deserter, but that it wasn't his fault...

Honestly, I can EVEN tolerate MAA brother... but JUST barely...

Teela's Dad is horrible though.

I choose 'MYP with explaination' for any Mattel reps who read these to get ideas

I chose Filmation version. I hate when they try to make too many people related to one another in these epic struggles...
    I agree. Just look at the Star Wars Prequels.

Making him a bad guy first gives him some depth. I don't want him "burning down an orphanage bad" but a guy who gets into league with some people so evil they make him reconsider his life's path.

As much as I dislike the idea of Teela being just a clone, I think I might dislike Fisto being her dad even more.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Other. Make up a new origin for him.

While I don't want him to be Duncan's brother (I REALLY hated it when him and MAA fought while on a mission. Super out of character for MAA.), I don't want him to be a former bad guy unless this aspect was developed further. He was a villain, but we never hear of it again...he might as well have always been a good guy.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 16, 2010 at 03:51pm.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Personally, I've never liked either of Fisto's origins.

Dunno why, but I hated "Fisto's Forest" as a kid, and don't like it much now. It seemed like a re-hash of the (great) "He-Man Meets Ram Man!" mini-comic, and I wish they had made that story instead.

As for the 200x origin... well in fairness, I'm not 200x's biggest fan (though I do like some elements of it), but I just never cared for the whole MAA-brother / Teela's father thing. Can't put my finger on why exactly, but I just felt... wrong.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Oh God no... none of this "Teela's father" crap... I hated that idea in MYP's toon! Besides, in this MOTUC cannon, Teela is a clone of the Sorceress which Skeletor is responsible for... so there goes that idea!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This times a million. I hate unnecessary relationships and this one involving Fisto is like Maury Povich territory. Ugh!

I voted for Filmation but it's not gonna happen so yeah...might as well make him a clone, have Evil-Lyn free him from somewhere, or just make him He-Man's weird uncle or something. I mean why not, the more stupid family ties the better right?

Uncle Skeletor being the worst of them all.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hopefully the MYP one, I never liked the Filmation one. I don't mind huimand MAA being brothers but they don't even have to be that they could have just both been close friends and fought together in the great unrest untill Fisto lost his memory and MAA thought he deserted. However I don't think they shoudl have either way if he's Teela farther, just leave it open.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    However I don't think they shoudl have either way if he's Teela farther, just leave it open.
    They can't anyway. She's a clone in MOTUC canon.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Uncle Skeletor being the worst of them all.
    Skeletor being Randor's brother isn't a new concept ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Skeletor being Randor's brother isn't a new concept ya know...
    Technically it's a vintage concept but, imo, it still sucks. See, no "vintage purist" here.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I like the idea of Fisto being Duncan's brother and I also like the idea of him beginning as a bad dude (but perhaps not a villain, more as someone who bullies people and uses his strength to get his way-a braggart and jerk-similar to Gaston in teh beginning of Beauty and the Beast).

I don't particularly like the idea of him being Teela's father, but I don't think we'll be seeing that in MOTUC.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I like the idea of Fisto being Duncan's brother and I also like the idea of him beginning as a bad dude (but perhaps not a villain, more as someone who bullies people and uses his strength to get his way-a braggart and jerk-similar to Gaston in teh beginning of Beauty and the Beast).

I don't particularly like the idea of him being Teela's father, but I don't think we'll be seeing that in MOTUC.
    I agree with Uki.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I kind of like the idea that he's MAA's estranged brother. Don't like the idea of him being Teela's father tho.. Obviously that's not possible in MotuC tho'.

So, I chose other. Why not take a little bit of everything? Something like:

He used to be MAA's brother-at-arms ( a sort of blood-brother style title that MAA's get), who trained with him under Dekker, but during the great unrest he betrayed the heroes to make a deal with Marzo in order to put an end to the conflict. Of course, it failed, and he took the fall with prison-time. But after being pardoned he left the forces of Eternos all-together.

As such, he's got a bit of a conflict with MAA, who thinks he's still a damn dirty coward.

What do you think, guys??

I chose other, but really I want him to be MAA's brother, but NOT Teela's father.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Man-At-Arm's brother, who was rogue due to his amnesia. That's about all I subscribe to.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I voted other because I like the Idea of Fisto being Man-At-Arms' brother but not Teela's father (which as several others have mentioned, is not possible with Teela being a clone in this cannon).
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

*sigh

The whole Fisto is Teela's Daddy was a misconception due to the bandages. Look at the eyes folks.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    *sigh

The whole Fisto is Teela's Daddy was a misconception due to the bandages. Look at the eyes folks.
    No it isn't. It was confirmed by one of the writers for the show.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    No it isn't. It was confirmed by one of the writers for the show.
    If thats true, then what a mistake! I can't imagine the Sorceress hooking up with an oaf like Fisto.

Just curious as to where this info is? The DVD?
    Last edited by danielsan52; December 19, 2010 at 11:04pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    If thats true, then what a mistake! I can't imagine the Sorceress hooking up with an oaf like Fisto.

Just curious as to where this info is? The DVD?
    I believe it was one of the 2 Roast Gooble Dinner podcasts on this site where they were interviewing Dean Stefan, a writer who worked on the show. It was either episode 5 or 6.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

This is my thoughts as well. I don't want him as Teela's father either.

In my Personal Canon, Fisto is MAA's brother who was once a highwayman/brigand who both bullied and stole what he wanted from travelers. He was very much like how Gaston is in Beauty and the Beast - a braggart who always tried to show he was better than everyone around him. He believed others owed him something. He eventually went to jail for it, but was released. And now he's become more approachable and less of a total jerkhole. He has a lot of tension with Duncan and that doesn't go anywhere.
    Last edited by Bulkhide; December 19, 2010 at 11:35pm.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!