Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz-Off arrival and talk back thread.

Me too. Should be here tommorow or Saturday.

That is a good point that is brought up.. if they aren't going to do or include the 200x heads, why can't they then modernize the vintage heads up a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    That is a good point that is brought up.. if they aren't going to do or include the 200x heads, why can't they then modernize the vintage heads up a bit?
    For some they just did, for others just not enough.. How many fans that many points of view.. And I thought my work is hard when I have to please 1-2 customers at a time but when I think about 4H work trying to please thousands... Respect!
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Woo hoo! Just opened my Buzz-Off.

The first thing I love about this figure is the vampire teeth! They look so much better in hand! I loved those teeth on the vintage figure and the new one is even better IMO.

2nd favorite thing is that the wings are stuck on his back and not separate like Whiplash's tail was. Even after all this time I cant get Whiplash's tail to fully clip on the bottom peg properly. The tail still stays on OK but its not right, if you know what I mean.

Buzzy looks more imposing than the vintage toy. I guess that is a more Kingly look. He certainly gives the impression of being a stronger hand-to-hand combatant than in the past.

4th like - the long axe-staff. I was a bit blah on the 200x version but this update, in hand, looks awesome. I really expected to prefer the vintage axe but now that I have them both, I prefer the modern long axe.

And - getting off topic for a second - to make today even better, I picked up the new DC Direct (modern) Brainiac figure and his face/eyes/scowl make him look really really vicious

2 really cool looking figures in a day. Heaven!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    just got my shipping conformation and he will be here next wednesday
    If you don't mind my asking, are you a subscriber or did you order on Wed., 12/15?

Thanks For Your Time!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    I answer you here.

We should take any 200X head discussion to the thread above.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Just got my sub Buzz-Off and he is missing the helmet!!! :'-(

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    4th like - the long axe-staff. I was a bit blah on the 200x version but this update, in hand, looks awesome. I really expected to prefer the vintage axe but now that I have them both, I prefer the modern long axe.
    Completely agree-awesome looking weapon. The other axe is a bit boring by comparison.

Overall I really like the fig, and like many the face is...off...to me but it's growing on me. I'm torn- I like how close it is to the original but his friendly smile seems a bit....hmmm. His wings with little extra legs are awesomesauce to me and, as I said before, the figure generally is well done. One of my favs as a kid so nice to have him. And on a flight stand with wings spread=

Surprisingly a really cool figure, if you're into the chunkiness and brightness of Masters of The Universe. The wings look outstanding and the insect legs in the back are a nice touch. The 200x weapon is awesome, rounding out a great Buzz Off figure to go with the rest of the Masters. There's also the aviation helmet and vintage axe, nice touches I will leave off.

On a second look I really like the metallic green eyes- they really pop in the light. And the rest of paint/colors work really well too.

Also I don't feel like I'm holding another Whiplash in my hands. The wings, insect legs, new forearms, and hands make it a really fresh figure.

Now that got me a bit more excited about Buzz-Off's arrival next week. Some great pics with cool lighting and fun poses? Works every time.

I've been torn on his look. The little antennae stuck to his head seem like a good opportunity to improve something that seemed limited by the original materials and technology. Then again, the helmet would maybe be an issue. I'm starting to warm up to him more. I've always thought it was appropriate that a guy named Buzz-Off was a bit silly looking. He'll be fun.

I got my Buzz Off today! As with all the figures, they look even better in person. I LOVE Buzz Off! What a great figure! The paint apps are great on him, I love the air brushing on his chest. It adds a lot to the figure over all. I love the 200X weapon and little insect arms. The wing articulation is awesome! Another win! Thank you Mattel and the 4H!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    just wondering, does anyone know if Pixel has gotten his stuff yet?
    Does Galactus fart?

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I love Buzz-Off. I love how his claw hands now hold weapons perfectly, I love his wings, and pretty much everything about him. He's one of my favorites now, but I feel that way about almost every figure when I just get it.
    Only thing is, his forearms are a slightly darker brown than the rest of him.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    My express BO is in Australia, whoo hoo!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I received mine today and I'm so pleasantly surprised. I didn't hate Buzz-Off when he was revealed during SDCC, but I wasn't as blown away as I was hoping I'd be either. I definitely was hoping for more "modern" touches. However, in hand, he's really really cool and the more vintage-y-ness of him doesn't bother me at all! I love the insect legs, the wings, the modern halberd and the hands/pinchers. Even his goofy head isn't so bad in person!! A fine addition to my Heroic Warriors shelf! A true highlight for me; great way to end 2010!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Shipping confirmation tonight!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Court Magician
    This Buzz-off figure is awesome. The new style is a great update to the vintage fig. Dont know why there are so many haters for many of these figures. I have most of the 200x figs and dont need any of the classics to resemble them. Thats why I collected the 200x. The classics are suppsoed to resemble the originals with a new take.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, are you a subscriber or did you order on Wed., 12/15?

Thanks For Your Time!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!
    i ordered him on the 15th in the afternoon

Got him today, I love the updating on him but I wish he had two sets of wings that are separated. I like the addition of the big axe, but it does make him look more like a guard/drone

also got Gygor, Optikk, Trap-jaw, Roboto and Marzo from a separate order, all in all nice MoTU Classics haul for the day

I got Buzz-Off today. Before I had seen his figure, he ranked high on my list as one of my most anticipated figures that I wanted. He was one of my favorites as a kid. I also enjoyed the new look he was given in MYP, and couldn't wait to see what my "ultimate" Buzz-Off figure would look like with the "modern" head and the vintage head.

One of my most anticipated figures, besides Stinkor being #1, and I'm completely "meh" with it. I love the wings and extra legs, have no problem with the body, but not having the option to switch out the vintage head is disappointing. The head is just as goofy looking as the vintage, and it's a shame they can't give all fans their version of the "ultimate" look of the character.

Also, the modern axe is a lot better than the vintage one. The vintage axe looks too tiny when Buzz-Off is holding it, and before we get on the 200x bias, I may have used Whiplash's modern head, but I liked his vintage weapon better than the modern one.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I have not received my Sub Buzz Off yet. I got my Sub renewal on Dec. 13th, but no shipping conformation though.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

I normally get mine the day after I am notified of the renewal because I only live 20 minutes from DR.

I got my sub Buzz-Off today, but I won't be opening him until the Wife gets home. She opens them all; it's a tradition since He-Man and Beast-Man came. He looks awesome, tough, and I am excited to have him.

Does anyone else think that maybe his wings are a sign that the techno-organic virus once affected one of his ancestors?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    i ordered him on the 15th in the afternoon
    Thanks for the response, Grimmy! I appreciate you sharing your info!

Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    I have not received my Sub Buzz Off yet. I got my Sub renewal on Dec. 13th, but no shipping conformation though.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

I normally get mine the day after I am notified of the renewal because I only live 20 minutes from DR.
    Yeah, these are quite a few of us from the look of it. (See also the Buzz-Off Renewal and Shipping Confirmation Thread.) With Renewal Notices and Charges going out early Mon., the Subs should have shipped out by Wed. at the latest so then they could have focused on shipping Wed. Purchases in a timely fashion. But hey, what do I know?

I finally got 1 of my confirmations a few hours ago. 1 more to go. Hopefully everybody gets their confirmations and figures soon.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!