Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Buzz-Off arrival and talk back thread.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm def in the minority, but I like re-use to some extent. Re-use ensures that the figures will fit together in scale and style. Back when Marvel Legends and it's sublines were in full swing something that always bugged me was how different some of the figures were in style. Then throw in an extra tall Wolvie or Spidey or a puny Hulk and it really got annoying. With this line I know they'll fit in. Again, I know I'm in the minority.

Also, as far as a lizard guy and a bee guy looking alike here's how I explain (read: excuse) it in my MOTUverse. Buzz-Off and Whiplash are decendants from an ancient race that has evolved over the millenia into several subgroubs. Also, Buzz-Off isn't really a Bee guy. Culturally his race has adopted the traits of bees and in turn style their clothing and weaprony around bees. His wings aren't organic, they're mechanical (hence the electronic details) and grafted onto his back and into his nervous system so he can control them with his mind.

Silly I know, but that's why I love MOTU. It can be as ridiculous as I want.

Seriously, anyone who complains about this figure (unless you received a broken one) is really just LOOKING for things to complain about. This is one of the greatest toys from the He-man of the Month Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    Seriously, anyone who complains about this figure (unless you received a broken one) is really just LOOKING for things to complain about. This is one of the greatest toys from the He-man of the Month Club!
    I AGREE! I got my toy a couple days ago. I just opened him this morning and he RAWKS! The claws hold the weapons perfectly. The wings are ultra-poseable and the helmet fits perfectly.
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    And he would have been even better if he would have had his 200X head included. Then EVERYONE would have been raving about him since each fan could customize him however they wished.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    And he would have been even better if he would have had his 200X head included. Then EVERYONE would have been raving about him since each fan could customize him however they wished.
    Now THAT'S funny! Good one, MGM!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Unless you want a real head for an insect man...
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It's a bee man with muscles and goggles.
    Ok, I snorted out my morning Coffee! nice one!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Mine came today, love him, one of my favorite MOTUCs to date, maybe it's because I know I'm so close to getting Clawful or that aside from Clawful, He-Man and Skeletor he has a certain place in my child hood in the original figure form and this replicates it perfectly with that awesome MOTUC "flavor." My excitement and love this line are the same if not more than they were when I got BA He-Man and started collecting in Jan. Figures like this is why I'm collecting, bringing me back to MOTU and bringing back memories of no worries of bills, work, or anything other than "will the weather effect where I play with my toys today?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

Heroic Warrior
    just got mine today, awsome figure and its nice for me to get a figure from this line thats not a He-man or Skeletor (only started collecting recently). i too wish he had a 200x head as his face looks kinda goofy

Waited ALL DAY for this guy to arrive and am NOT dissapointed!! Am I Crazy, or is he just a little larger than the others( like the original)?? I know my vision is failing, but he looks a little bigger to me. Excellent figure !!! LUVSIT!!!!!!!!!!
    Master of Mayhem

Widget
    My two Buzz-Offs arrived today and they are both perfect. No paint flaws and the packaging is pristine!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Not just that, but his lower arms are painted a different color than his upper arms, which just makes him look like a frankenstein.
    Yeah, I was JUST looking at him and I have a huge problem with how badly matched (or, rather NOT matched) the painted forearms are with the upper arms. It looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Dunno, BUt I thought I had read that TG said the Buzzys all had holes! ...

But not mine!
    WOW, that's weird. Mine HAS the holes. I wonder why some do and some don't.

Running change??
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I received my Buzz-Off today and he is down right terrible. Well, not the body, everything is great until you reach the head, then it goes downhill from there. His face is just ugly as hell.

So I take it that you're able to view Classics Buzz-Off WITHOUT your nostalgia goggles on. lol!

I hope one day we get a real version of Buzz-Off with an insect head over this henchman of the Monarch.
    Yeah, the Mike Young 200X Buzz-Off design comes to mind.

IF Mattel is using this "retired" nonsense in order to sell us a completely seperate Buzz-Off with his MYP headsculpt I'll be p1$$d and ecstatic at the same time. I'm pretty sure that Mattel knows MANY of us would have skipped this release if we knew the better headsculpt was coming.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I just received mine and I like a few others, wasn't expecting that great of a figure but after opening, I find myself surprisingly happy. I did not expect to like him so much. Though, I still find the face a little rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    IF Mattel is using this "retired" nonsense in order to sell us a completely seperate Buzz-Off with his MYP headsculpt I'll be p1$$d and ecstatic at the same time. I'm pretty sure that Mattel knows MANY of us would have skipped this release if we knew the better headsculpt was coming.
    I think that's the idea. If this is the ONLY Buzz-Off offered then everyone would get him because it's either this Buzz-Off or no Buzz-Off, maximizing sales. If they mentioned that a Buzz-Off with a 200X head is coming in the future, then alot of sales would be lost.

It's like if they committed to a flocked Panthor before selling the unflocked version. That's sabotaging the sales of the unflocked Panthor coming out in April. Since the unflocked Panthor is the only Panthor around, people will get that one.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Best MOTUC Figure yet! Love every inch of it and it's proto-type! Great job design team! Keep them coming!
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360

Wow. Thread got derailed again.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

While both sides of the argument is valid the points still are:
    1. this is not the 200x line and it never will be. Anyone expecting it to be will always be disappointed
    2. it was said from the beginning that the line would reuse parts like the original toys, both as a tribute to that line but also -more obviously- as a cost cutting device.

While I understand that some are "upset" over the figures, it may be their idea of what it should be is a bit unrealistic based on the parameters of this line. I personally like the imaginative reuse of the buck-how your can simply but a He-Man head on Grayskull's body, stand him next to regular He-Man, and -even though at that point they are the same exact figure- look and feel different based on a few changes in paint and armor. It shows how perfect the basic design truly is.

Sure, some figures have bored me when I saw the pictures, but none have ever let me down. I've been less excited about some, but never to the point of quitting the line. That time may come but it feels to me it when be when they start doing characters I don't know very well/have no connection to. Not because they followed the original plan of the line.

Back to the topic: I really like Bee-Man. The yellow legs were a nice surprise and the face has grown on me. I am on the side of two heads for those that need it but we have what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    Wow. Thread got derailed again.
    Yeah. Let's limit this thread to Buzz-Off reactions once you have him. If you want to vent about him not having a 200X head, go to the thread down below.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuanfu View Post
    While both sides of the argument is valid the points still are:
    1. this is not the 200x line and it never will be. Anyone expecting it to be will always be disappointed
    2. it was said from the beginning that the line would reuse parts like the original toys, both as a tribute to that line but also -more obviously- as a cost cutting device.

While I understand that some are "upset" over the figures, it may be their idea of what it should be is a bit unrealistic based on the parameters of this line. I personally like the imaginative reuse of the buck-how your can simply but a He-Man head on Grayskull's body, stand him next to regular He-Man, and -even though at that point they are the same exact figure- look and feel different based on a few changes in paint and armor. It shows how perfect the basic design truly is.

Sure, some figures have bored me when I saw the pictures, but none have ever let me down. I've been less excited about some, but never to the point of quitting the line. That time may come but it feels to me it when be when they start doing characters I don't know very well/have no connection to. Not because they followed the original plan of the line.

Back to the topic: I really like Bee-Man. The yellow legs were a nice surprise and the face has grown on me. I am on the side of two heads for those that need it but we have what we have.
    I answer your post here:200X Variants Thread

Buzz-off is bad ass! I was really not that into the figure until I received it yesterday and I became an instant fan.

It's such a big, meaty toy. The wings are awesome and the 200X axe looks fantastic. Those two things alone make him a really dynamic figure. It looks like he could start buzzing around the room any second.

The weakest thing to me is the original axe. It just looks lame compared to the 200X one and that's coming from a guy that rarely displays his MOTUC figures with their modern weapons.

I'm really surprised how much I love this figure, definitely in my top 5. I know people have a lot of gripes about the vintage head sculpt but I'm a sucker for the vintage look so no issues here.

I do think it sucks not to have 200X heads, I don't use them but I appreciated getting them. Oh well. Still can't get enough of these figures!

LOVE him! for some reason, even though i was always fond of the original during my childhood playtime, i just wasn't feeling the same level of excitement for him to arrive as some of the other recent figures. but, now that i have him in-hand, he has immediately become one of my top-five favorite figures of the whole line! as i stated in detail in the other thread, i personally feel he IS a good blend of the vintage and 200X eras, and the only real "complaint" i would have is the aforementioned unmatched colors on the arms.

I think he's great, but unfortunately mine has two right forearms. I'm trying to decide whether or not it is worth calling customer service though. The little ridges are the only indication that something is wrong, so I suppose it isn't a huge deal. I had a similar problem with Whiplash's boots and they ended up sending me a new one, but I am hesitant to call them this time. I'm sure I will receive more mis-assembled figures in the future, and I don't want to seem like the boy who cried wolf if/when I get one that is really messed up.

Anyway, aside from the two right forearms I think Buzz-Off looks perfect. I really like that his helmet covers his eyes and stays in place, and both weapons are cool. This was one of my favorite figures as a kid, so it is cool to have the ultimate version now.

I have not visited the forums recently since i've been with the family, but i wanted to come in and say about the bee himself Buzz Off, I got him from ups this past Monday. Great looking figure. I'm glad Buzz Off has a longer ax and along with his orginal small ax. All year i have been happy with what i've gotten from mattel and i'm looking foward for the next year for more motuc's goodies

Merry Christmas to everyone

hey ralgonzo, good to see you around. Merry Christmas!

I for one LOVE Buzz-Off though i haven't received mine yet.

My only complaints:

around his shoulder area there are too many sharp colors going on, specially from a side view: you got dark brown, light brown, and bright yellow, all very sharply defined. if Buzz-Off had some dark brown gradient going from his shoulder to his biceps, or just a lighter shader of brown on his shoulder-neck area, maybe that area wouldn't be so contrasting. Like they did with Whiplash.

The head/face is growing on me.

I believe a second head was left out due to the higher costs involved in his wings and rig. As these include 4 full ball jointed articulation points, plus a considerable amount of plastic material, i'm sure this means an extra head would be out of budget.

A second head wouldn't necessarily have meant "200x", it could just be a "modern" original head like MossMan's. But since vintage Buzz-Off had a head all his own, a modern head was unjustified (in Mattel's point of view).

Still, i think they could have "modernized" his head much more, like they did with: Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, Skeletor... come on! All characters so far have had a head that's both faithful in essence to the vintage one, and also have updated realism and details. Why not Buzz-Off?

But as i said, the slightly-less-balloonish-but-still-balloon-head is growing on me. And the figure as a whole is extremely awesome!

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

I didn't notice this until today, my Buzz-Off has a serious problem, he has two Left shins, now that I've noticed it bothers me to look at him now. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'