Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.52 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.52 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by AdultCollector,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. BlueStreak:
    Back in Round 37 of the Org Q&As you said that you were working to resolve the tax issues. Now, some fans were suddenly billed for tax on the December subscription charge as well as the direct store purchase for Buzz-Off. There were no notifications about this new charge and the answers from customer service have not been clear. Why is Digital River charging tax when many of us have not been paying tax before?

2. Swanmarsh:
    Is it possible that Mattel may one day release the text of the original plot/script/whatever-exists for the unproduced 2nd and 3rd Powers of Grayskull mini-comics? This could be an excellent 'secret' for the back of a subscribers-only map.

3. dark knight:
    Is there any chance to get posters at SDCC that serve as a check-list or that display upcoming figures? They could be like the pack-in posters from the original 80s line that showed the figures and vehicles.

4. Sabertooth:
    In Pixel Dan's video review of reissue King Grayskull we have seen that a classic'ized version of 200X He-Man can be created by combining pieces of the reissue King Grayskull figure, the Man-at-Arms figure and the He-Man figure. Does this mean that a classic'ized version of 200X He-Man will not get a unique release in the MOTUC line?

5. AdultCollector:
    Many fans who bought the Black Friday MOTUC figures complained about being sold "The Original" figures with poor paint apps, retaped mailers, loose joints, Battle Cat helmets that were either improperly attached to the figure or left flopping around in the box, and He-Man figures with poorly glued hair pieces. Which stock or run of figures are these? Are they previously returned figures? Unsold stock produced by the current toy production vendor? Or unsold stock produced by a previous toy production vendor Mattel no longer does business with? Also, why did quality control allow such a large number of flawed products to be released to the consumer, and what is Mattel doing to address this?

--------------

So ask those questions!

3. oICEMANo:
    With the inclusion of Vikor and the mention of Fighting Foe Men, could the "Valley of Gnarl" era create an opportunity for Mattel to produce some never-before-seen / brand new characters? Perhaps new characters could be created by the Four Horsemen. Or maybe Mattel could turn some more early concept art into new figures who belong to the FFM faction or who are allies of Vikor.

We have thought about adding in some all new characters, but if we did so it would take a special event or release. Our goal is to finish the vintage lines as soon as possible and every completely new character takes a spot away from a vintage character release. (and yes we know adding 200X characters hinders finishing the vintage lins, but we know there are fans of these guys too and Classics is about this era as well, at least as far as character selection goes)

We could potentially get to all new creations, but again it would take a very special event for us to do this.
    Hey there

Thanks for the answer. I would like to follow up with this question,
    What kind of "very special event" would it take to go ahead with a few completely new characters, the Masters of the Universe 30th anniversary perhaps?

Thanks for your time.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    In a future weapons pack is it possible for us to get Battle Armor He-man's Armor in Gold? By that I mean the 3 plates, Front, and back pieces in gold were it was silver but keeping the "H" symbol and using the exact same mold to make it. Also probably throw in the He-man ax in gold to go with it if you want as well.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

You have said Filmation rights aren't in the cards at the moment. Several Filmation characters appeared in other media (story books, coloring books, comic books, etc.) Are you open to obtaining these rights to gain access to certain characters, or is this considered one of the "cheats" you aren't interested in?

With the inclusion of the Fighting Foe Men into MOTUC's canon, when you eventually get to them, will they have their own faction sticker or will they just be shoehorned into the POG-verse? I would prefer to see a Fighting Foe Men sticker personally.

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    Every time Songster is asked about he is mentioned as a joke figure. Have you thought about a serious take on the character?
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

It is possible to have a section in your site with all the TV commercials for the MOTU original line in good quality and resolution?
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

(Don't know if this has been asked before, but here goes...)

There are alot of .Org fans who are great artists, and have some of the best takes on MOTU characters.

Are fan designs for MOTU characters ever taken into consideration when redesigning MOTU characters for MOTUC?
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    What kind of process does Mattel go about in gauging interest in a particular character or accessory for a MOTUC character? Do you really go through all the various websites and forums reading all that feedback? How about fan polls or a survey on Mattycollector.com? That would be a lot of fun if you ask me!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

You have said swapable hands remain a possibility 'if the right figure comes along'. So far grabbing hands have ruled (even over the girl's spellcasting hands). Some vintage figures action features made grabbing hands impossible (Leech & Rio-Blast) and some characters had 2 different hand looks (i.e. Leech's suction cup vs webbed-grabbing fingers or Robot Knight's claw-hand vs spinning blade). Speaking in principle, and without giving away specifics for individual characters, would such characters in MOTUC be more likely to qualify for swapable grabbing and 'action feature' hands or will the vintage look take precedence?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Is the Battle Sound He-Man figure, (from 2002,) an option for a He-Man variant for MOTUC or is it too similar to Battle Armor He-Man? I want to make it clear that I'm NOT asking for ANY anime styling AT ALL, or any battle sound.
    I like the armor over the fur loincloth, the chest plate armor with chain mail underneath & the cool fur sword holder, (sheath?) If the "H" symbol is a separate piece that's glued on, the armor can be used for a 2002 King Randor figure as well. Is Battle Sound He-Man an option?
    I want my other half.

Without asking for any specific details from upcoming bios or the MOTUC storyline in general, if a character is said to be dead in a previous bio(like Tytus or He-Ro), is there still a chance that he/she may appear again in future bios due to time travel, resurrection, or some other storytelling device? Since we don't have a comic or cartoon, the bios are our only source for MOTU stories. Imo, it kinda stinks that Tytus, He-Ro, and other new or unexplored characters are dead before we ever really got to see them in action or hear of their adventures.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Will we have the first Fighting Foe Men in 2011 or later? Will we have the same ratio for this faction than the Evil Horde or the Snakemen?

With the Vikor figure we see a new take on ankle joints - the pin is no longer visible and the middle part (the loop) is visibly thicker. Any insight into the matter? What can we expect in terms of joint tightness? Has any progress been made in this respect or is this purely an esthetic change? Fans are tired of loose ankles especially in the right ankle..
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Widget

Adora in a Horde Uniform

One of the fan creations on He-Man.org is a MOTUC Adora wearing a Horde Uniform. I think many fans like the idea of Adora having a uniform when she was a Horde Force Captain. While I know you would never copy a fan's creation, is a Force Captain Adora figure something you would consider making(perhaps even with a Horde sticker on the package instead of a PoP)?

Quote Originally Posted by ian_highful View Post
    One of the fan creations on He-Man.org is a MOTUC Adora wearing a Horde Uniform. I think many fans like the idea of Adora having a uniform when she was a Horde Force Captain. While I know you would never copy a fan's creation, is a Force Captain Adora figure something you would consider making(perhaps even with a Horde sticker on the package instead of a PoP)?
    This would be an excellent way to refresh the character, IMO.

Here's my question:

You said that the fan reaction to Mo-Larr wasn't entirely as you'd hoped. Does a second exclusive have to be a 'comedy' exclusive like Mo-Larr vs Skeletor or could that second spot be made available to another non-jokey exclusive release? Or would we just get one exclusive?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

If and when you get to the Star Sisters would a 3-pack be logisitcally possible or would they be more likely to have solo releases?
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

I am like many here looking forward to the upcoming release of King Hiss! Great job on this figure! Is there any reason why Serpos was not mentioned in his bio? I know Serpos played a part in the MYP series. I am surprised that King Hiss serves the Unnamed one and not the God Serpos.

What species is the reptilian Palace Guard?

It looks like the DCUC Wave 17 Wonder Woman variant has some new torso tooling, helping to make her look less "insectiod" in that area and giving the female action figure an overall better appearance. Will this type of torso articulation be considered for future female MOTUC figures- thus enabling them to turn a bit, whereas with Teela, Adora, Evil-Lyn and She-Ra the plastic dresses have hindered that area of movement?

Heroic Warrior
    With the 200+ bios that have already been written up for MOTUC figures, do any of these bios include Filmation characters that you presently have no access to, but were written up "just in case" the characters become available in the future?

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    We know a lot those who were He-Men of the past/used the power sword in the past, but is it possible we could see some new characters, because I personally cannot believe the line ends with Adam. So will we see any He-Man(He-Men) of the future?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Without asking for any specific details from upcoming bios or the MOTUC storyline in general, if a character is said to be dead in a previous bio(like Tytus or He-Ro), is there still a chance that he/she may appear again in future bios due to time travel, resurrection, or some other storytelling device? Since we don't have a comic or cartoon, the bios are our only source for MOTU stories. Imo, it kinda stinks that Tytus, He-Ro, and other new or unexplored characters are dead before we ever really got to see them in action or hear of their adventures.
    I'm assuming this question is easily answered based on the bio of Preternia Disguised He-Man

This is more of a suggestion than a question, I asked Scott at the past Comic Con this question, he thought it was a good idea, but I figured he forgot by now.

What is so great at Comic Con is seeing our Masters collection in such a fantastic display, the flight stands you show at Con have Stratos soaring while the ones you sell us are only have them hovering. I would like taller Flight Stands.

We as fans would love do the same for our collection besides displaying them on plain shelves. I know castles are too expensive to do, but your planned dioramas could go beyond a weapons rack, I am hoping to see a Throne for Skeletor, or Throne Room for Randor and Marlena. Nothing big, but two thrones and some rounded stairs to stand Palace Guards on leading up to the thrones. Please think about it.

For the large majority of MOTU & POP fans filmation has the best place in our hearts. But since the very begining of this Q&A (back in 2008) all the filmation related answers you gave were blank.

Fan demand for the 'HE-MAN & SHE-RA CARTOON OST' has always been there and is actually increasing over time. Mainly because of the huge sucess of MOTUC and the fact that we don't have new media along this line. Once you can't comment if you're actually able to release it or not, fans assume you may have some kind of power over it and you would block any other company to release it.

Are you able to stop other companies from releasing this pure jewel of fandom?
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; December 30, 2010 at 02:46pm.