View Poll Results: Which DEFENDER do you want Rayven to battle?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • MAN-AT-ARMS

2 3.45%
  • STRATOS

5 8.62%
  • BUZZ-OFF

2 3.45%
  • RAM MAN

3 5.17%
  • TEELA

11 18.97%
  • SNOUT SPOUT

10 17.24%
  • SY CLONE

4 6.90%
  • MEKANECK

1 1.72%
  • ZODAK

5 8.62%
  • SORCERESS

15 25.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Next Commission: Fans Vote: Poll 1

My Next Commission: Fans Vote: Poll 1

Some of you are fans of my personal creations. I've been fortunate enough to have the help of many great org artists (Royaltus1, Sha, 2Bad, BBM, gbagok) to bring them to life. I am also a huge fan of some of your fan creations, and this is how I'm going to show it!

Continuing with my commissions from a great org artist, and my personal favorite character, Rayven, I want the fans to vote as to which MOTU character they would most like to see him locked in the fray with.

There will be 2 Rounds, each consisting of 4 Polls. Round 1 will be Poll 1 Defenders, 2 Skeletor's Minions, 3 Snakemen, 4 for The Horde. Round 2 will be the Fan Characters, selected by me (and some other unnamed orgers) which will then be pitted against one another.

When the polling is done I will have 2 commissions created! So, not only is this a chance for you to see your favorite MOTU character in a brand new art piece, it will also be a chance to see your favorite fan character as well! So if you wanted your character sculpted as a figure, and he/she lost out, well how's a new piece of art to bolster their portfolio? I will even print a poster for the fan winner and mail it to them.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Will you get any say as to how the piece will look? Yes. That is what you will be posting below. If you wish to see, oh, Rayven VS Teela, you will have to explain who it is you want winning the fight, and why. So there is lots of room for participation, fun and fairness (and a free commission of your creation, PS free commission of YOUR fan character)

The polls will last about 2 weeks. So start voting! The more participants the better. I cannot stress, please post how you want the piece to look and why, all submissions will be reviewed and considered. If you are unfamiliar with Rayven, you can see his info here:

Rayven's Bio
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 19, 2009 at 05:47pm.

i went with stratos , not sure why , but perhaps evenly matched in a struggle?
    Eternian Beastmaster

Co-Creator of the NV
    I went with Buzzoff because I like the look of 2 winged guys battling in the air.

I went with Buzzoff because I like insect based characters
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    SNOUT SPOUT!! ^^

Because I love the character and the 4H design in particular. And it's just such an off-beat choice, so unexpected, that I think it will really work.

I voted for Rio Blast... I'm not sure how, because he's not on the list... but that is in fact who I voted for...
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Teela all the waay!
    He-Man ima duge kose plave, He-Man ima začarani mač,
    He-Man ima tigra pa ga jaše, He-Man dobro čarobnicu znaaa...

- Ancient Croatian folk song

sfcentar.geek.hr

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    Teela all the waay!
    It seems that Teela is pulling ahead. So will my beloved fan creation get his ass handed to him by the Captain of the Royal Guard? No one yet has gone into specifics as to whom will be the winner. That's where the real fun is!

Assuming Teela is chosen, will she get lucky and knock Rayven senseless with her combat skills? Or will she be at the mercy of his crushing telekinetic power, and shocking bio-electric bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    I voted for Rio Blast... I'm not sure how, because he's not on the list... but that is in fact who I voted for...
    Sorry he was omitted. I only had room for 10 choices. If there was a crazy following for him, I wouldn't be opposed to the consideration, but we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    SNOUT SPOUT!! ^^

Because I love the character and the 4H design in particular. And it's just such an off-beat choice, so unexpected, that I think it will really work.
    I would very much enjoy it if Snout Spout won. Cross your fingers (or contact your friends and get them voting), lets see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I went with Buzzoff because I like insect based characters
    Appreciated. But you didn't describe the intense battle that would take place.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 19, 2009 at 05:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    SNOUT SPOUT!! ^^

Same for me!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Appreciated. But you didn't describe the intense battle that would take place.
    Okay...there would be a battle and it would be intense
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I just voted for Zodak. Isimply think the actual power levels each of them have would make them great sparring warriors!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

voted for snout spout. there's enough teela art on the boards and looking at his bio he'd tear the bratty teen apart

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    I just voted for Zodak. Isimply think the actual power levels each of them have would make them great sparring warriors!
    Cool. It would make a great piece, but it looks like Zodak just isn't getting much support in the way of new art.

Yippie! Teela and the Sorceress still lead the way! Looks like those ties really do bind
    He-Man ima duge kose plave, He-Man ima začarani mač,
    He-Man ima tigra pa ga jaše, He-Man dobro čarobnicu znaaa...

- Ancient Croatian folk song

sfcentar.geek.hr

I'd love to see Stratos tacling Rayven in Aerial combat. Could give the piic al;or of perspective.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    Yippie! Teela and the Sorceress still lead the way! Looks like those ties really do bind
    Ha ha ha, it is to laugh.

I'm actually surprised they're in the lead. I figured the more underdogs would have a loyal following. I have yet to vote, I'm saving that for the end, heh. Thank you for voting!

I went with Zodak.

Illustrator for Hire Prince He-Dude's Avatar
    I've always liked syclone
    HEROIC ILLUSTRATOR FOR HIRE!
    My Webcomic:
    http://juviescomic.blogspot.com/

My DeviantArt page:
    http://kaos2007.deviantart.com/

www.kaosproduktionstudios.com

It still looks like a mighty close race!

If Teela wins, I pictured Rayven would be standing, facing forward, ready to attack his next target with a helpless Teela at his feet, bloodied and shackled by his chained weapon. The Captain of the Guard is no match for Skeletor's emissary!

If Sorceress wins, I was thinking of a winged battle of light VS dark, each of them filled with energy as they duke it out in the chamber of Greyskull. I have a few friends who are fans of 'winged' characters, I can see them appreciating it very much.

There is still hope for Snout Spout if his fans come out and vote. That could be a fight to go either way. I pictured a charred battlefield, perhaps a village ravaged by fire. Rayven would probably laugh at any waterspout the Eternian firefighter could spit at him, however, would he stand a chance against Snout Spout's incredible strength, and giant battle axe?

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for our beloved Sorceress, and defender of Grayskull!

Its close! Snout Spout can still take this! I have not cast my vote yet!

I voted for the sorceress because I love her in all her art forms
    Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. G'Kar Babylon 5
    A warning on a chainsaw

DAVI MUST DIE!!

I picked Sorceress.

This Poll is about to close. It looks like our beloved Sorceress will be moving onto the next round and will be pitted against the other characters in elimination.

It looks as though participation is down, however I'm expecting it to rise again when the Fan Creation Poll goes up. As stated before, the characters will be selected by myself and another orger. They will only be of the non winning entries from the Fan Staction Contests, so if you love your fan creation and want him/her in a piece of art, you better be ready to fight for his/her place!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    This Poll is about to close. It looks like our beloved Sorceress will be moving onto the next round and will be pitted against the other characters in elimination.

It looks as though participation is down, however I'm expecting it to rise again when the Fan Creation Poll goes up. As stated before, the characters will be selected by myself and another orger. They will only be of the non winning entries from the Fan Staction Contests, so if you love your fan creation and want him/her in a piece of art, you better be ready to fight for his/her place!
    sigh...oh well copy-cat cannot be in this on either than...

and neither can thug bug, dragoona, and a bunch of other awesome new creations in the past year that couldn't be entered in this years past contest...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988