What has Mattel's reaction been to the sale of the 12" giant figures(good,bad,ok)?
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
- Please do not attach photos. Any linked/attached photos will be removed.
We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
It's nothing personal.
***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
This past round of questions were selected by bribri4u.
Thanks to that fan for their help!!!
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. MegaGearMax: A number of fans don't want variants (Filmation designs, 200X designs or 2.0 versions of characters) to be included in a MOTU Classics subscription instead of previously unreleased characters. Are there any plans to keep variants and previously unreleased characters separate from each other in the future? Perhaps something like separate, smaller subscriptions. For example, one sub for variants that caters to newer fans and one sub for fresh characters which caters to fans who've been already been collecting MOTUC since 2008. Or will any upcoming subs still mix the two together in a large, annual sub with 12 figures, 4 quarterlies, etc?
2. AdultCollector: Will the plummeting price of oil positively impact Mattel's ability to offer larger, more affordable MOTUC products like Snake Mountain, MOTUC Giants, etc, as well as cheaper MOTU mini-figure 2-packs?
3. Slave2Evil_Lyn: Is the new MOTUC team aware of how important and fan-demanded Crita from New Adventures is to a number of fans?
4. bribri4u: We haven't seen one New Adventures Jetlag cartoon character yet in MOTUC, such as Crita and Master Sebrian. Mara isn't part of this group as she had a prototype figure. You have covered nearly all aspects of the MOTU and POP world but we need at least one Jetlag release before shop is closed up. Will there be at least one Jetlag cartoon character released in the line?
5. Haephestus: Skeletor has Panthor, but neither of She-Ra's main villains (Catra and Hordak) have steeds. Since Mantisaur would require an entirely unique tool, there seems to be a greater chance of Clawdeen, Silver Storm, or even the Dark Riders' winged horses (the steeds of the skeletal warriors created by Shadow Weaver) being included in MOTUC as they would be relatively easy to produce based on the existing "cat" and "horse" sculpts. In fact, both of the suggested horses feature gray/silver hair on their bodies plus black manes and tails. The only major parts required to make both steeds come as one release would be different wings, different helmet/face-plates, and a removable saddle. This seems like a relatively simple way for Mattel to vastly increase the appeal of Silver Storm to a broader range of MOTUC fans.
So ask those questions!
What has Mattel's reaction been to the sale of the 12" giant figures(good,bad,ok)?
Does Mattel have any plans for a future mini masters offering ?
Special convention multipacks or something ?
Any update on any kind of Castle Grayskull "add-on" pack (e.g. sculpted dungeon grate, heavy bag, candle stand, point dread, etc)?
2016: Will it focus on getting out some of those long standing fan-demanded characters that were in existence pre-MOTUC, such as Starburst She-Ra, Crita, the Twiggets, and Lord Masque...or should we prepare for a large focus on characters with shorter histories that were created for the MOTUC mini comics and bios?
Last edited by bamf1980; January 17, 2015 at 02:06pm.
PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!
Could a green version of Granamyr still be in the cards ?
"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."
It seems weird that so much of the Masters of the Universe Classics takes place at the "Ultimate Battleground ", but we have no said 3 Towers of Eternia to recreate the epic battles that fans have been reading in the bios. Back in the past when Castle Grayskull wasn't a possibility, Toy Guru said Eternia had a better chance to be made, cost wise, because it when be raiser to produce 3 "solid" towers than the monster of a playset that Castle Grayskull is. Has their been any serious discussions of releasing the 3 Towers in the near future?
It has been speculated that many of the previous brand manager's new character designs (Gladiator, Bandwidth, the Great Black Wizard etc) will be inserted into 2016's lineup to save on tooling costs for characters with a greater need for unique tooling (such as Dylamug, for example).
But are you aware of characters like Vultak, Crita, Lodar, General Sunder, Tuskador, Hawke, Melaktha and Lizorr who could use existing bucks and pieces to be made? These vintage characters are infinitely more fan-demanded than these new creations (and could be used to expand the mythos in new media as some featured in only one or two stories - fans have been waiting years for their return!).
Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo
We have a "furry" beast buck in MOTUC which has been used for many male characters. What are the chances of developing a female beast buck for characters like Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina and Hawke?
WISHLISTKarg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos
How did Sy-Klone become such a trusted and beloved member of the Masters when he is Gar, one of the least trusted and hated races on Eternia?
"You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness
Arizona Mazter of the Universe
Is possible to post the 1988 He-Ro Son of He-Man pitch/bible on the MattyCollector.com for fans to read? Not only is this a piece of Masters of the Universe history that fans would love to read, but it would also help to promote the characters included in it such as He-Ro, Skeleteen, Darius and other NA characters etc.
MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr
Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
Will the 2016 re-branded line still ship via Digital River? A lot of fans including myself are turned off by this. Isn't it time to find a new company?
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
Are there any die-hard MOTU fans left, at Mattycollector, with Toyguru gone..?
POP characters like Hunga the Harpy, Vultak, General Sunder and Granita are popular POP characters that are still missing and fan demanded. Will POP be represented in a 2016 line?
Since Dare is not considered a "Vintage" Character and 2014 & 2015 were all about Wrapping up the vintage characters What is Mattels stance on the Rumor of Dare possibly being in the 2015 linup? Should Dare which TG has shown to be just a Galactic Protector He-Man repaint be included or moved to 2016 and replaced with a more fan demanded character?
Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line
Would Mattel consider doing a second run of the under-produced Horde Trooper 2-pack, or perhaps consider re-releasing the Horde Trooper as a single-carded figure, perhaps with pack-in General Sunder, FILMation Hordak and/or He-Man heads? Doing so would please fans who were unable to purchase the Horde Troopers the first time, and also entice collectors with an "all-new" figure of General Sunder.
Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.
Is there any future where MOTU might be made in the 3.75" scale? Done with the type of articulation (and similar style) of the Power Lords line that the 4 Horsemen are currently producing.
In Mattel's MOTUC canon, are the Meteorbs part of the same settlement as the Rock Warriors (Stonedar & Rokkon) or are they are very distinct civilisation and factions?
Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized
Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread: