Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vote in He-Man.Org's 2014 Year-In-Review Polls!

Vote in He-Man.Org's 2014 Year-In-Review Polls!

It's time to pick your most favorite and least favorite of the 2014 MOTUC releases! Plus, we have a few more polls for you to vote in at the same time. Thanks to the mighty Adam Ty-Nor, the following polls are ready for your input:

1. What is your most favorite release for 2014?
    2. What is your least favorite release for 2014?
    3. What packaging changes should be made to MOTUC?
    4. What new form factors would you like to see in a new toy line?
    5. Are you interested in another Create-a-Character contest?
    6. Based on vintage toys, what should be the next MOTUC vehicles, playsets or beasts?

For this poll, we are not requiring a login to vote. But if we see suspicious voting activity, we will require users to log in to vote. So please respect the honor system and only vote once in this and future polls to help make the voting process easier for everyone.

If you decide later you want to change your vote(s), just revisit the link below and vote again.

You will need to vote in all six polls, and these polls end Sunday, February 8th, 2015 at 11:00 PM Eastern time. Please share this poll with any He-Man and She-Ra fan you know in case they want to vote and share their feedback. And please feel free to speculate on the results and, if you want, reveal your choices here in this thread.

Please click here to vote.

Are there other topics you'd like to see He-Man.Org offer up as polls to the fandom? If so, please click here to suggest them in this thread!
    Thanks!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Done and done!
    Here's where I'm at, at the moment...
    1. What is your most favorite release for 2014? Double Mischief. Despite her severely flawed design from the choker on up, I've been over the moon at having one of my favorite classic PoP characters brought to life in Classics. I really had doubts that we would ever get her at all, and yeah- there's more than a few things I would have liked to have seen done better- but overall I'm happy she arrived in 2014 and stands out as one of the things I was most excited to see produced last year.

2. What is your least favorite release for 2014? Battle Lion. I just have no use for this thing whatsoever in my collection. Even less so now that I'm about to get my hands on Spirit Of Grayskull. I even sold off my Bronze Grayskull and have retired the re-issue, as I'm all about displaying this upcoming new glow in the dark ghost version in my Castle Grayskull... thus negating the need for the guy's steed. And he's too similar to Battle Cat, anyways. I understand his appeal to die-hard MYP fans, but would have rather have had Clawdeen, if I had to have another cat in my collection.

3. What packaging changes should be made to MOTUC? I voted for revamping the entire package. Right from the very first figure, I thought the packaging looked uninspired and shockingly bland. To see it retired and start fresh would be a welcome (and no doubt eye-pleasing) change!

4. What new form factors would you like to see in a new toy line? I forget how it was worded, but I went with the "drastic change in style" option. I have no interest in 3 3/4" (too small), or hyper-real, so if a new MOTU must come, I'd like these characters presented as something we've never had before style-wise. Years and years from now, it would be fun to look back on the previous lines and see that each era had a distinct style, rather than repeating the same thing every so many years.

5. Are you interested in another Create-a-Character contest? Frankly, no. I wouldn't be opposed to previous contest runner-up figures, but there's so many cool ideas from both of the previous contests that didn't get made, that I'd rather see Mattel tackle those than have another contest altogether.

6. Based on vintage toys, what should be the next MOTUC vehicles, playsets or beasts? It was hard to whittle it down, but in the end I really need The Slime Pit, Point Dread & Talon Fighter, and Snake Mountain (vintage) represented in my MOTUC collection!
    Last edited by zodak74; January 26, 2015 at 08:01pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

1 Modulok, so good I picked up 3, I may have to pick up a couple more at some point as well.
    2 Imp
    3 Completely new packaging
    4 3/4" scale, be interesting to see what could be done with this
    5 Yes, always interesting to see what people come up with
    6 I have no interest in beasts etc so I picked 3 random ones.

My Favorite: Goat Man!!! I knew we would get most of the figures, but GM was a real surprise. I read those Golden books with my sons and they always wanted a Goat-Man... he is awesome and his hammer is uber cool!

Worst Release: Battle Ram. I didn't buy it... sooooo over-priced. No need for yet another MAA. All I wanted was the back, but I can surely live without it.

I would love another create a character contest!

And the next vintage vehicle / beast I want is Mantisaur!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

01 Modulok - edged out Blade, Extendar, Scorpia, and Mermista.

02 The Unnamed One - a painful reminder of TG's reign of terror. Imp Treasure Chest was the only other serious contender. Maybe Arrow and Battle Lion.

03 completely new packaging - less is more and figures/accessories should be positioned so they do not warp or wear (SW Black packaging is nice). Honestly, I'd be fine with a plain, resealable bag with a printed card top.

04 4" scale - Filmation dioramas w/ figures and vehicles or something like Imaginext could be cool.

05 Yes - I don't necessarily want more figures from contest designs, but I enjoyed participating in the contest. Viable past entries should be eligible for future contests or at least made visible online.

06 Attak Trak, Point Dread/Talon Fighter, Sagitar - I'd rather have figures over vehicles in MOTUC scale, thus Sagitar over Battle Bones, Roton, or Spydor.
    Last edited by ShadowBeast; January 26, 2015 at 10:07pm.

Love voting, sort of wish some of this was broken down a bit more... Separate categories for beasts and playsets, and pick top 3 figures, etc.

1. What is your most favorite release for 2014? MERMISTA
    2. What is your least favorite release for 2014? UNNAMED ONE
    3. What packaging changes should be made to MOTUC? NONE
    4. What new form factors would you like to see in a new toy line? HYPER REALISTIC
    5. Are you interested in another Create-a-Character contest? NO
    6. Based on vintage toys, what should be the next MOTUC vehicles, playsets or beasts? POINT DREAD, CLAWDEEN, CRYSTAL CASTLE.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

1. What is your most favorite release for 2014? - Blade

2. What is your least favorite release for 2014? - Double Trouble

3. What packaging changes should be made to MOTUC? - None

4. What new form factors would you like to see in a new toy line? - Realistically none, but 3 3/4" was the choice I disliked the least.

5. Are you interested in another C-A-C contest? - Yes

6. What should be the next MOTUC vehicles, playsets, or beasts? - Snake Mountain, Land Shark, Eternia
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

1. Really tough one, loved all the 1st timers, but Mermista is simply stunning.
    2. Man-At-Arms by himself, but since that's not an option Battle Lion in the poll.
    3. No, I open so packaging doesn't bother me.
    4. 3 3/4" size, since it's the only way of getting affordable playsets and vehicles.
    5. No. I'd rather we get remaining existing characters.
    6. T-Rex, Bionatops, Turbodactly.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard, Darius, the rest of New Adventures.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    1 Galactic Skeletor, hands down!
    2 Gwildor. Ugh.
    3 Same packaging. That, or start bagging them a la flea market sales- that oughtta free up more dough for sculpts and accessories...
    4 Hyper-realistic is the only option that doesn't sound like a train wreck waiting to happen, since 'leave MOTU as it is- Classics' wasn't an option... seriously, 'new form' sounds suspiciously like some kind of Total Justice makeover. Ugh.
    5 Nope. Finish New Adventures, mini-comics and Filmation (in that order), and we'll talk.
    6 Point Dread/Talon Fighter, Stridor and Sagitar.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Madame Razz & Broom. She was at the top of my wishlist for years!

Double Mischief. Very poorly executed head mechanic and sculpt.

Incorporate the red and blue vintage design into the new packaging.

A continuation of the vintage toy line. New Hot Wheels shaped like vintage MOTU toys. New and cheaper Mini and Giant figures (oil is a lot cheaper now).

No. Give us more of the characters we've known and loved for decades.

6. Based on vintage toys, what should be the next MOTUC vehicles, playsets or beasts?
    Snake Mountain, Talon Fighter & Point Dread, Stridor.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; January 27, 2015 at 12:17am.

1. Picking a favorite release is always a tough ask. Ultimately EXTENDAR wins the score. The MOTUC version is soooo much better than the vintage, especially when posed with 2x extensions as I have. He looks so much like the comics when posed this way!

2. Least favorite: Hydron. He still hasn't made it out of the box.

3.Packaging, understanding Mattel's plans to change up in 2016 I could handle some new artwork, though I'm happy with the same.

4. No thanks. There are still so many existing characters to make!

5. I chose the Attak Trak, Snake Mountain and Fright Zone. Though I would have preferred a wider choice including such as The Collector (Filmation) and The Demon (from the MEF mini-comic).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I absolutely adore Rio Blast and was really looking forward to him, but the non-closing chest kind of blew it for me. So ultimately I think I fell more in love with Extendar.

Hands down, UNO. He felt like an obligatory re-use of the Orko mold simply to get the mileage out of him rather than something truly special, which he should have been. And shame on TG for making him a huge secret only to have buyers let out a huge WT when he was leaked. Not a good character choice. At least the way he was executed.

I'm an opener so don't really care. Some nod to vintage would be nice, but ultimately I just want the figures.

Frankly, I'm good with 6". They look great on a shelf and there is no way I want smaller at this point.

Nope. This concept felt like a good idea that was executed poorly. The only figure that felt like he justified the sub was Draego-Man.

I'd really like Stridor and Night Stalker. After that perhaps Roton or Dragon Walker.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

favorite: modulok hands down (also liked two bad and eldor)
    least: double trouble

voted for smaller scale

top 3 wants:
    TYRANTISAURUS Rex
    BIONOTOPS
    MANTISAUR

#1.) Mermista...duh...She was my number 1 want and came out so awesome. She really is a figure who is better in hand than pics.

#2.) Battle Lion. I HATED him at first. Then thought his head sculpt was awesome. Ended up in a box. Then traded him. Meh.

#3.) Hyper Realistic. Of the choices it would be that. Even with that I'd only pick up a few.

#4.) No. It made sense for an anniversary but would seem random at a time when there are MANY characters that are well established and fan demanded yet to be made.

#5.) Bionotops
    Mantisaur
    Clawdeen

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    1) Spinnerella - Been waiting for her since I started to collect the line, I can't wait for her to arrive, everyday I check my mailbox to see if I have my notice to pick her up at the postal service office. I have seen thousands of pictures and she's gorgeous, but I'm sure in hand, she's just perfect.

2) Gwildor - Have zero nostalgia or symphathy for the character, I'm glad for the ones that like him and wanted him, but I'll never like him at all.

3) Keep it the same - I really like the packaging the way it has been all these years.

4) Ultra Stylized - But also, a lot more accessories, some faces for the character, etc.

5) No - Nah... Why adding completely new characters when we have tons that haven't been released?

6) Attak Trak, Clawdeen, Roton.

You guys won't believe it, but it wasn't Sweet Bee lol. She's up there... But it was Flutterina. I'm just really impressed with her sculpt and the design.

Battle Lion... Beautiful... But it should have been Clawdeen.

Just change the graphics

I had a tough time choosing, because no line will be as good to me as MOTUC. but I chose 3 3/4" because the potential for vehicles and playsets might be amazing!

No. I'd rather see the long list of fan-demanded characters, like Crita, Hawke, Miro, Sunder, Kittrina, and Darius made.

Crystal Castle
    Storm
    Crystal Sundancer

Point Dread & The Talon Fighter and Snake Mountain would be on my list, but I have hope that they might still be made before 2017, and they don't need my votes lol.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Snake Mountain, Prahvus, Ceratus, King Chuboolu, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    For #6, I voted for Clawdeen, Mantisaur, and Snakeface Mountain.
    Does Galactus fart?

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Most favorite release - Battle Ram w/ MAA (beautiful ,very unexpected and of course, question of RATIO )

Least Favorite Release - N/A She-Ra (She kinda sabotages her twin brother design and i hate it )

Packaging changes : All new

New form factor, new toy line : Hyper realistic (Beast Man would be absolutely horrific !! )

Another CAC : Yes ( Fearless Photog, Cy Chop for instance show by themselves how inspired can be the challengers )

Vehicles, Playsets & beasts : PD / Talon Figther , Snake Mountain , Bionotops ( i mean, no surprises, logical continuation as for beasts Stridor &
    Mantisaur are very high ddemanded creatures for now so ...)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    01 Mermista
    02 Hydron (Bloated Armor)
    03 A complete change
    04 Mega Blocks
    05 Yes to a new CAC
    06 Battle Bones, Spydor and Roton
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

1. What is your most favorite release for 2014? Two-Bad

2. What is your least favorite release for 2014? Battle Lion (along with UNO)

3. What packaging changes should be made to MOTUC? I voted for completely new packaging, but I am also fine if they keep it the same. Doesn't really matter to me.

4. What new form factors would you like to see in a new toy line? I chose Hyper Realistic, but also wouldn't mind a 3 3/4" scale.

5. Are you interested in another Create-a-Character contest? Sure, but would also like to see some of the previous runner-ups made into figures.

6. Based on vintage toys, what should be the next MOTUC vehicles, playsets or beasts? Snake Mountain, Stridor, and Sagitar!!!
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

1. What is your most favorite release for 2014? ARROW! Also huge praise for Tung Lashor, Gwildor & Goatman
    2. What is your least favorite release for 2014? Quite a few sadly...Hydron, Flogg, Spinnerella, Double Mischief, Battle Lion (needed better paint aps)
    3. What packaging changes should be made to MOTUC? Return the packaging back to the 80s red, starburst design.
    4. What new form factors would you like to see in a new toy line? .Org fan created character creations, more filmation and 2.0 releases of all the A-listers
    5. Are you interested in another Create-a-Character contest? YES! Yearly! BUT make it open to anyone, worldwide eh?
    6. Based on vintage toys, what should be the next MOTUC vehicles, playsets or beasts? Stridor w/ 2.0 / repainted Fisto 2-pack
    Last edited by PowerofGygor; January 28, 2015 at 12:53am.
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Modulok. He was more fun that I expected.

Unnamed One. We got the Unnamed One in a wrap-up year.

Keep it the same. At this point why change, unless they are trying to market to new customers.

Ultra realism. I could go for ultra stylized too, if it looks cool -- like Disney Infinity.

Hell no! We have way too many fresh characters and variants of the main characters we all want before the line ends.

SAGITAR
    Point Dread and Talon Fighter
    Snake Mountain

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Mermista. Her display options are amazing and her overall look is almost perfection.

I chose the Unnamed One. He was a disappointment for me as since his name and his figure don´t match and that was my issue with this character.

Same package, different graphic. I would hope the LOGO on top will be changed that it does´t hide the faces partially.

…i chose hyper realistic...

No, since i´m from Europe and so wouldn´t be alb to participate anyway.

Clawdeen
    Mantisaur

and
    Sagitar
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I am so glad to finally have a Shadow Weaver, Octavia and now Scorpia in my collection. Scorpia is my favorite for 2014.

The Unnamed One is my least favorite. I don't go along with a Trollan being the big bad and if you are going to use a Trollan, why would you make him so visually different than Orko and why would you call him Gorpo? Gorpo was already intended to be something much different than the ultimate evil.

I personally would like to see it stay the same. I buy two of each so that I can keep one MOC and there are a few more hopefuls that I wish would come on the same card.

I am open to new ideas but I am not interested in anything suggested here. I have no problems with any of the suggestions but they are not something that I would be personally interested in. I voted for 'Ultra Stylized' because I was forced to make a choice but I am not interested in that either.

No

I chose Sagitar, Mantisaur and Storm as my top three but there are many more that I would also be interested in.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

1. What is your most favorite release for 2014? - Modulok

2. What is your least favorite release for 2014? - Hydron

3. What packaging changes should be made to MOTUC? - Completely new.

4. What new form factors would you like to see in a new toy line? - Hyper-realistic.

5. Are you interested in another C-A-C contest? - Yes

6. What should be the next MOTUC vehicles, playsets, or beasts? - Snake Mountain, Monstroid, Tyrantisaurus Rex.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.