Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Prime & Horde Supreme Speculation and Discussion

Horde Prime & Horde Supreme Speculation and Discussion

Do you think that Mattel will make a Horde Supreme figure, and what would he look like. The only images we have is of the UK Magazine of Horde Prime, which i'm preatty sure is off limits and i know alot of people are 50/50 on, and the Filmation one, which really can't be made into a figure. But yet he is an important part of MOTU lore and possibly the most evil being in the universe. The other question is that are they the same people. I see Horde Prime as the UK version, but almost like the wizard of oz, in that he has the two headed Filmation version that he uses to strike fear into the hearts of all who are under him. He posseses the third sword of power, the sword of evil (UK Mag). I cant even picture what horde Supreme would look like. Overlord of the whole Empire, while Horde Prime is his underling, the real muscle behind him, then he controls Hordak. I see them as 2 different people. Whats your take on it?
    Last edited by facet; December 21, 2010 at 12:37am.

I think they're the same person but they just didn't have access to the name Horde Prime. I didn't like the UK version of him so I hope they go a different route. As for story, I like MVC's take on it where he was once an Ancient who did treacherous deeds and eventually split his essence into two (namely Horde Prime and the Unnamed) with the intention of being reunited at a later time. I despised the concept of Horde Prime until I read this idea
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I see Horde Prime as the UK version, but almost like the wizard of oz, in that he has the two headed Filmation version that he uses to strike fear into the hearts of all who are under him. He posseses the third sword of power, the sword of evil (UK Mag).

Anyone have a picture of THIS?!?!? I only remember seeing his hand in She-ra before... never a head!! or Heads...

I personally think the UK version was a HORRIBLE character design... Possibly one of the worst I've ever seen... And I LIKE things like Serpentor... so Take that into consideration

As for a 'third sword of power' I don't see the need to number the swords... There were origianlly 2 swords.. that combined into one... adding a third is redundant since it wouldn't have combined with anything...

I'm fine with it being a 'powerful sword' .... just not a 'sword of power'

We never see Horde Prime's two heads- they are referred to in the episode For Want of a Horse.

I'm glad Mattel have a door left open for Horde Prime. Horde Supreme sounds neat as well.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Hordak - the Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde.

If Horde Prime/Supreme/Family size/Cheesy-crust/Extra olives exists in MOTUC (hope not) then I say he was murdered 5000 years ago by Hordak, the most evil villain in the universe (until Skeletor).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Anyone have a picture of THIS?!?!? I only remember seeing his hand in She-ra before... never a head!! or Heads...

I personally think the UK version was a HORRIBLE character design... Possibly one of the worst I've ever seen... And I LIKE things like Serpentor... so Take that into consideration

As for a 'third sword of power' I don't see the need to number the swords... There were origianlly 2 swords.. that combined into one... adding a third is redundant since it wouldn't have combined with anything...

I'm fine with it being a 'powerful sword' .... just not a 'sword of power'
    Here is the face of Horde Prime within the UK comics.

However, I already asked Toyguru about him and he told me they don't have the rights for the UK comic one. However they can create a totaly new one and I really hope they will do that. But his name will be Horde Supreme no more Horde Prime. I'm totally excited to have this character.. Please, Please Mattel!!!!

To discuss more about the character, Horde Prime appears in the following POP episodes:

Xmas special
    Horde Prime Takes A Holiday
    The Eldritch Mist
    For Want of a Horse --> here, we learn that Horde Prime has 2 Heads.
    Bow`s Magical Gift
    The Inspector
    Micah of Bright Moon --> In this episode, we see him better when he threatens the King of Brightmoon.

Here are some fan arts:

And a vintage custom:

Some cool design takes on Horde Prime/Supreme there. I dig 'em. I'm betting a MOTUC Horde Supreme figure will be based on some original design sketches of Hordak or something like that.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Horde Supreme looks dorky as heck, so if they mix 'em I hope they do some original concept based on the giant robo-hand. Mr. Bug man just doesn't look like he would be ordering Hordak around, ya know?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I like the Galactus Head Horde Prime!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Horde Supreme looks dorky as heck, so if they mix 'em I hope they do some original concept based on the giant robo-hand. Mr. Bug man just doesn't look like he would be ordering Hordak around, ya know?
    Agreed on that one.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Warrior
    I LOVE this take on character--it's very creepy.

This one is cool too, and reminds me of the last boss in Beyond Good and Evil.

I HATE the UK version, and am glad Mattel does not have access to it.

Id like it if it was a lump of plastic smoke on a chair with the robot hand sticking out. Im sure the 4H could do this and make it look cool. I wouldn't want to actually see Horde Primes face as he seems more sinister always being in shadow and no one knowing what this giant creature looks like.

Here is the full image of Horde Prime within the UK comic:

I think a mixed version Filmation/UK comic might work if done in such a way as to not make it look to like an obvious mix up. I also came up with the idea that his UK comic appearance was his more humaoid form that was used when interacting with people but that he was actually quite large as seen in the Filmation cartoon.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Thank the Supreme Shareholder that Mattel is not chasing around for rights to this awful representation of what could be an awesome monster/giant figure.

I read the comics as a kid. Hated them. The art was crappy, story-lines often bad (though not all bad) & Horde Prime just made me shake my little head. Still kept reading the crap until it turned in New Adventures. Then I was done for good.

Until MOTUC
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I think a mixed version Filmation/UK comic might work if done in such a way as to not make it look to like an obvious mix up. I also came up with the idea that his UK comic appearance was his more humaoid form that was used when interacting with people but that he was actually quite large as seen in the Filmation cartoon.
    A mix version could be a great idea.... But the question is: Will Horde Supreme be a Oversize or a regular figure???

I love the one from the UK comics!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

I don't mind the design from the Uk comics- but it's not the Horde Prime I know.

The great thing about Horde Prime is that his true image is shrouded in mystery. His metallic claw-hand is all we need to see. This is one powerful being and the destruction he could cause is unheard of...

I kind of feel that revealing his face would ruin it, as good as some of the fan art is.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    You know, Horde Prime could actually be both the Filmation version and the UK Comics version.

To make this true, it would have to be one of three things:

1) Originated as UK Comics version, had an accident and became the giant robotic version.

2) Originated as UK Comics version and the Horde Scientists created the Techno Organic virus to make him more powerful. Filmation Horde Prime was the result and the virus got spread to Eternia. Maybe he infects people by touching them?

3) Sort of Wizard of Oz type thing. The big monstrous Filmation machine is his armour/body shell and inside the mechanical, two-headed machine, is the UK Comics Horde Prime.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I really don't like the Horde Prime design for the UK comics, so if we get him (likely as Horde Supreme, which I'm fine with) I would hope for an all new design. If we ever got Filmation rights, he could be a tricky figure, actually...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I'd so want an oversized figure. Or even do him like one of the larger vehicles. If he is usually hidden hide large parts of him in the vehicle type section... Now I'm not saying to make him a vehicle, just treat his creation/sculpting like the creation of a vehicle.

I hope that makes sense...
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    3) Sort of Wizard of Oz type thing. The big monstrous Filmation machine is his armour/body shell and inside the mechanical, two-headed machine, is the UK Comics Horde Prime.
    I think this could be a cool way to handle the character, but instead of the UK Horde Prime, maybe the character is someone like Sortech, or some other low key type, already established character? Maybe even Shadow Weaver, or Spikor, or Modulok, or Prahvus? I dunno, I'm just throwin out some names....
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    Horde prime and Horde Supreme are two of my most wanted figures EVER.

They are up there in my list.

1.Granymyr
    2.Horde Prime
    3.Horde Supreme
    4.Faceless One

Seriously mattel needs to get to work on these types of figures.
    They havent done anything like them.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I really liked MVC comics take on the nameless one (Horde supreme). I see a story of epic proportion. Even if its touched on just a little would add a lot of intrigue.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    You know...Horde Prime in the shadows from Filmation looks quite a bit like Onslaught from X-Men...

He does to me, at least.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah