Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Prime & Horde Supreme Speculation and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Woah, awesome support thread! It looks like you went to a lot of trouble getting the fan art pics, which is awesome!

I definitely want him. The UK Horde Prime looks similar to his shape in Filmation. It's hard to see, but he's there behind the "smoke." It could just be a GIANT machine he made to look like him...that he controls from the inside?

http://frankshemanpage.net/micah00.JPG

...and his hand:

http://frankshemanpage.net/holiday01.JPG
    Thanks dude

I like also the Idea of a GIANT Machine... I'm pretty sure that the 4 Horsemen could impressed us with him. The bio of this character should be cool also. I would love to know about his past, his link with his brother Hordak... How he rose an Huge Empire... and so on !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Hmm. I think if they use the UK version as like a Preternian incarnation, he should be a giant like Tytus and Megator. And let the Four Horsemen do whatever they want to spruce that design up!!!!!
    Oh Yesss !!!!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I'm thrilled that he will officially be called Horde Prime when / if he is ever released (which I hope happens sooner rather than later).

The question will become: how should he appear?

I'm somewhat drawn toward the idea of making a "giant" figure of his UK appearance, but rather than going with the comic version's arms and hands giving him the robot ones from Filmation.

Or, if they ever make a Colossor figure they can probably reuse the mold for an all-Filmation Horde Prime (the form seen behind the shadows looks somewhat blocky):

vs.

and
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I think it would be awesome if they kept the mystique of Prime, and sculpted a massive, highly detailed and highly articulated hand, coming out of some sort of translucent sculpted smoke. Maybe even make a platform for Hordak to stand on in front of it.

Heroic Warrior
    Definatly want to see him and he needs to be a giant! The Filmation version is the only one I know and since Mattel have the rights now I hoep they use that version as their main inspiration and then let the 4 Horsemen add their own touches to him.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Just make a "role play" Horde Prime.

[i.e., a glove for you to wear and point at Hordak. That's about the scale we're talking about ]

Almost a pity they're back to following the Filmation concept though. I liked this idea in a twisted way

Last edited by Reboot; August 1, 2011 at 06:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I think it would be awesome if they kept the mystique of Prime, and sculpted a massive, highly detailed and highly articulated hand, coming out of some sort of translucent sculpted smoke. Maybe even make a platform for Hordak to stand on in front of it.
    Not a bad idea but I can see an uprising happening if they did that. Mystique is good but I think a lot of the MOTU community wants as much explained and interpreted in figure form as possible. I like the idea of a giant figure but he needs more articulation than Tytus and Megator.

I've wanted a Horde Prime for as long as I wanted a Granamyr, which is forever. But I would gladly wait until the end of the line if I have to, when they finally announce large scale Diorama's and make the platform with the electronic screen giving the illusion of smoke and sounds. Using sound bites from filmation. While the massive mechanical hand crashes down on the platform.

Then they can do Duncan's lab, Skeletor's Throne Room, and the Royal Thrones, (of course they have to remake the King and Queen so they can actually sit down.)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would like to see horde prime to make an appearance in the future when he-man is with the galactic guardians.
    king hisss would be gone for good. hordak is defeated by skeletor. skeletor allied himself with the mutants to take on the rest of the horde empire & the galactic guardians along with he-man.
    horde prime would be a great end all villains. the one that started it all horde prime.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Clearly you have not been paying attention to how this line is run. There will not be any mysteries left unexplained in MOTUC, for better or for worse...
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I'd love them to use the UK Comics version for this guy, but I wouldn't want him as a giant just a regular sized figure:

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Horde Prime and Hordak are brothers, so they need to match in my opinion.

When the MOTUC Hordak was released with the longer loin cloth I decided that Horde Prime for me is the Hordak we saw in the MYP series. The all powerful magic user we saw take on King Grayskull.

The blue Filmation version is Hordak to me. Less powerful than his brother (but still crazy powerful). I also figure since MYP Hordak was defeated by magic, Filmation Hordak decided to use science instead.

It's simple and it easily explains both of them without causing any continuity problems in my mind.

absolutely need a small (regular) version of him... i'd LOVE something huge as well, you'd never get something like the claw to scale so i'd either want some kind of diorama with smoke and a claw coming out or give me the giants' body and say in the bio he's still augmenting/growing with technology.

...Not to sure about the idea of Horde Prime. Simply because it lessens the impact of heavyweights like Hordak, Skeletor and King Hiss. If Horde Prime is more powerful than Hordak, he is also more powerful than Hiss and Skeletor, relegating them all to 2nd tier type sorcerers, and I'm not sure I like that.

On the other hand, a Horde Prime does expand the motu universe and the potential for more storytelling. Just as long as Hordak is at worst, second in command, I guess I can live with a Horde Prime, but if he is relegated to a little more than a glorified underling, then I'd prefer no further mention of a Horde Prime.

Assuming he gets made, I'd like Horde Prime to look similar to Hordak. There should be a passing resemblance, some visual identifiers that tie the two together.
    Horde Prime as a giant? Mmm...Megator will tell me if I like the giants or not. I'm undecided so far. The lack of real articulation does tend to annoy after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd love them to use the UK Comics version for this guy, but I wouldn't want him as a giant just a regular sized figure:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eprime_bio.jpg
    I don't like that goofy UK comic look, but if Horde Prime looked anything like that I would be totally fine with him.

@Reboot

Too Funny !!!! I Like it

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Horde Prime and Hordak are brothers, so they need to match in my opinion.
    We know the eternians, quadians, gar, snake men, reptons, arachna, avionian, caligars and so on....
    But Hordak and Horde Primes seem to be a part of another race or may be the Hemlins - the race of goblin-like beings, they are hair-less humanoids that are born with natural spikes and ridges on their body, though most people only have them running along the top of their head. They have multiple skin colors, ranging from purple, to blue, to green, and with multiple eye colors, from red to yellow to white. Members of this race include Spikor, Tuvar, and Baddrah.
    What do you think ? It would be crazy if they were related to Spikor and Two Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post

The blue Filmation version is Hordak to me. Less powerful than his brother (but still crazy powerful). I also figure since MYP Hordak was defeated by magic, Filmation Hordak decided to use science instead.

It's simple and it easily explains both of them without causing any continuity problems in my mind.
    It's a good idea but I like the Idea of Telkan2. It makes sense to consider Horde Prime as a Giant. And that's a cool idea for the Colossor's buck.
    Even if I love the Idea of the UK one as shown by 13977 also.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    ...Not to sure about the idea of Horde Prime. Simply because it lessens the impact of heavyweights like Hordak, Skeletor and King Hiss. If Horde Prime is more powerful than Hordak, he is also more powerful than Hiss and Skeletor, relegating them all to 2nd tier type sorcerers, and I'm not sure I like that.

On the other hand, a Horde Prime does expand the motu universe and the potential for more storytelling. Just as long as Hordak is at worst, second in command, I guess I can live with a Horde Prime, but if he is relegated to a little more than a glorified underling, then I'd prefer no further mention of a Horde Prime.

Assuming he gets made, I'd like Horde Prime to look similar to Hordak. There should be a passing resemblance, some visual identifiers that tie the two together.
    Horde Prime as a giant? Mmm...Megator will tell me if I like the giants or not. I'm undecided so far. The lack of real articulation does tend to annoy after a while.
    I do feel and think a lot like you, Neal1972. I too saw Hordak as the superior and sole leader of the Horde. Of course, I did not have all information and comics when I was a kid. I still need to adjust a little to the idea of a Horde Prime but I am, like you, absolutely not opposed to it either.

In any case, he's there, he's mentioned in some bio's etc. So, my guess is, if they decide to do a Horde Prime figure, they're up for one heck of a job: the giant claw, the UK figure, something mysterious, giant or not? I honestly can't say what I favor but I personally do not like the UK comic version.

They will also need to come up with a very nice bio and, in my humble opinion, some resemblance with his brother Hordak.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Here is the official Thread for those for want to discuss about Horde Prime

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    can we get both uk comic 6 inch figure prime & a giant filmation prime?
    this would be epic & cool to see to versions with different bios.

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    Well, that would be awesome,and I would buy both any time, but I won't bet too many chips on that!!
    Granamyr is coming, eventually Horde Prime will as well. Start betting those chips.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    can we get both uk comic 6 inch figure prime & a giant filmation prime?
    this would be epic & cool to see to versions with different bios.
    A Battle Ground Horde Prime! Yes ! It would be cool to have both versions

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Granamyr is coming, eventually Horde Prime will as well. Start betting those chips.
    Let's Hope!

I would leave Four Horsemen freedom to do whatever original. The comic version is awful mix of Ming the Merciless and a ladybug. Filmation version has cool hands, rest is mystery.

Would be just like Filmation if Horde Prime was planned to be sort of Wizard of Oz type character, there is this huge machine and some little guy hiding inside it.

I agree that Horde Prime really doesn't have much place in the whole series overall and just undermines Skeletor and Hordak, but since they are doing every character possible, I presume they will do him too.

i must admit i never heard of horde prime or supreme before,
    but some how the idea of a horde overlord got me.

so i played around with the idea...

Grazellka the mighty Barbarian.

See my 3d works at www.eyerock.de

Quote Originally Posted by Grazellka View Post
    i must admit i never heard of horde prime or supreme before,
    but some how the idea of a horde overlord got me.

so i played around with the idea...

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2113/hp01.th.jpg
    Very cool !!! Nice job !

thank you, its still in progress, but i dont know jet if i will finisch it...
    Grazellka the mighty Barbarian.

See my 3d works at www.eyerock.de

Quote Originally Posted by Grazellka View Post
    thank you, its still in progress, but i dont know jet if i will finisch it...
    What software do you use?
    Make him a Giant !
    If I were you I would try to add him "'whiskers" or "barbel fish" ( I don't know how do you say that in English lol ) in reference of the UK comic version.