Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Prime & Horde Supreme Speculation and Discussion

Why does he have a big mouthed robotic fish for a head/helmet?

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    What is this figure based off of? FILMation? Comic? New?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Horde Prime is a hit out of the ballpark!

About the size issue…I never really thought Horde Prime was actually the large mechanical being we saw in the FILMation toon. I always felt that there was a regular sized person operating this mechanical contraption behind the scenes much like what was going on in the Wizard of Oz. Oz wasn't a giant floating head inside smoke and flames…he was a man hiding being the curtain pressing buttons.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    What is this figure based off of? FILMation? Comic? New?
    Looks like Filmation based on the pics in the last couple of pages. The head is UK comics.

I don't like the fish head but the regular version appears to be the red-skull faced Hordak under the helmet, which is really cool. An interesting figure to say the least.

I don't see how the helmet looks anything like the Filamation still

The color scheme I meant.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Zombihamma-AI had a fantastic idea on how to make an easy comic version of UK Horde Prime! Use The Mighty Spector!

Here's my "story idea" add on for using The Mighty Spector's body:

It will even be more kick-ass because the Cosmic Key bracelet is sort of like the bracelet design the UK version had...and makes him a MASSIVE threat! This could be how he conquered most of the Universe. Time travelling to the *perfect* moment and claim the planets for The Evil Horde!

Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I don't see how the helmet looks anything like the Filamation still
    It sort of looks like Filmation. They just added part of his throne to the "mask" and got rid of the eyes, basically.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I got you. Yeah the colour scheme is definitely based off that and is the best part of the figure for me so far, depending on what is under that helmet

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh, he also has Hordak's cowl! You can see part of it really well in this picture (as well as corrected Roboto shoulders)!!!

The UK head is probably based off of this page (the colours are the same):

I also forgot there was this version too!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Well this guy is one of the guys I'm REALLY looking forward to, now! He's awesome! I know I'm gona love whatever the heck is under that helmet (i'll probably ignore the bug-man head, though I am happy for those that were looking forward to it). I love the whole setup this guy has, and even his goofy fish helmet is pretty dang cool.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

To me they really knocked this figure out of the park. No offense to UK Comic fans (and I'm glad he comes with that alternate head) but I'm SO glad they kind of went out on their own and fashioned something different for him. I think he looks cool as hell.

I do hope his cape attaches in a more substantial way than Faceless One's did though. Some of the pics up at toyark have me a bit worried that it just sits on his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, he also has Hordak's cowl! You can see part of it really well in this picture (as well as corrected Roboto shoulders)!!!

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1318710533.jpg
    I don't think that is the cowl, I think that is the top part of the armour. Speaking of the armour, you can see the Horde logo painted black underneath the red Horde logo.

I'm loving Prime!!!

If there isn't a bio explanation for his second head, I may get an extra of someone and create a toady character for Prime that stands in for the boss (similar to the idea of Heater for Jabba in Star Wars).

I use my TRU Mer-Man in a similar, doppleganger way.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Now this figure looks amazing. Very happy w/ the colors. Love the robotic hands and arms he got. Also like the bow blaster.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I believe the helmet in the "magazine" head must be red in order to match the body....
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I can't believe they made this lord of the rings knock off before Mantenna!

I haven't read the UK Comics. I think I need to track them down. Hopefully Sallah can upload them all to his blog and make it easier

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Horde Prime looks amazing. Reminds me of something from the movie "Legend".

As for the UK head, the Horsemen did a good job on it. I've been getting the UK Comics off ebay and it's nice they represented that.

But man, that first head is beyond awesome.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    This design is beyond amazing. It both moves the line forward by leaps and bounds, while also paying homage to the far out Kirby Fourth World aesthetic which was a major influence on MOTU.
    Maybe I'm just overly excited because this is a new reveal, but Horde Prime might just end being my favorite MOTUC figure, yet!

There is an aweful lot of new parts on this guy as well as retooled existing ones. the new 'hordak' head has larger ears and deeper facial features, the cowl is indeed under the helmet as well, the whole cape/shoulder piece is retool of Faceless One...as is loincloth, there are additional wings on the shinguards, there is a flat and blackened plate under the Horde logo where Hordaks original one was on the chestplate, he has an attachable arm weapon AND new metal hands.
    They need to step it up a bit with the new MAA. I dont mind him as a variant, but we need to see some additional changes or parts to what we are seeing. I think a good portion of us agree on that.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I'm excited about any new Horde figure, and Horde Prime is no exception. I can't wait to see his head under that helmet.

I'm in love with horde prime .
    I hope they use in the bio his relation with the demon of the shakarran cristal.

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Y'know? Those of you guys who are good customizers could have a huge Horde Prime....after all, how hard would it be to customize a Galactus figure?
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Man, I must be out of it. I first I thought it was a weird head then I realize that Horde Prime is wearing an armored helmet. It looks great.

You all do realize now that a definitive Horde Prime Bio is coming.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!