Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde Prime & Horde Supreme Speculation and Discussion

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Horde Prime here is very hit and miss for me.

Things I like: Filmation looking hand, Horde symbol attached to the shoulder things looks neat, inclusion of the UK comic head, color scheme.

Things I dislike: Absolutely everything else -- but especially the fish helmet (ugh!).

I was never a fan of the UK comic version of Prime, but it is really cool that they are including that head. I am more excited about the Filmation looking hand they have him holding the staff with as that is what I always remember... that huge robotic hand slamming down!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Not impressed with him at all. Way to much reuse. I think once the hype wears off and people look at him the reaction will change. He is a slop together of a bunch of other guys.

Hordak feet
    Trap-Jaw shins
    Roboto arms
    Faceless One loin cloth
    Hordak face
    Hordak armor
    reworked Roboto hands
    reworked Faceless One cape
    reworked Hordak bow and staff

Not much new there. He just does not grab me. Might be the colors? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Horde Prime here is very hit and miss for me.

Things I like: Filmation looking hand, Horde symbol attached to the shoulder things looks neat, inclusion of the UK comic head, color scheme.

Things I dislike: Absolutely everything else -- but especially the fish helmet (ugh!).

I was never a fan of the UK comic version of Prime, but it is really cool that they are including that head. I am more excited about the Filmation looking hand they have him holding the staff with as that is what I always remember... that huge robotic hand slamming down!
    I thought I was the only one who saw it as a fish head. What a relief

I’m torn on Horde Prime. There’s so much about him that I like. I just really, really hate that “skirt”. In contrast, I really like his helmet, which is odd, because I usually immediately reject clunky-looking helmets. Go figure. I really like his other head, too. So this might actually be the first Classics figure that I’ll have to buy two of.

I do agree with others, though. I really think Horde Prime should have been a twelve inch figure, at least. I think that’s a missed opportunity. Sure, he would have taken up a beast slot, but it would have been well worth it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    He is a slop together of a bunch of other guys.

Hordak face
    Hordak armor
    reworked Faceless One cape
    reworked Hordak bow and staff
    Those are all new pieces. The ONLY piece that may be re-used in what I quoted above is 1/2 the staff (unless it's one solid piece...then it's all new and just looks similar because it's sculpted by the 4H...like Gorilla Grodd vs Gygor).

Re: fish head. I never saw it until you guys kept mentioning it! I only see it representing the Filmation head (with the top part of his throne included).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah, I didn't see the "fish head" at first either. I STILL think he's awesome. And the parts re-use is very well done. There's still a ton of new cool stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

Re: fish head. I never saw it until you guys kept mentioning it! I only see it representing the Filmation head (with the top part of his throne included).
    Unfortunately, it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I fist saw the figure.

Do you have some pictures to show what the throne looked like? I want to see where the reference came from

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Unfortunately, it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I fist saw the figure.

Do you have some pictures to show what the throne looked like? I want to see where the reference came from
    I can't be 100% on this, but to me he looks like a big mechanical man (like Onslaught from X-Men) sitting on a throne. The green circle of energy looks like the spot his armour ends and the throne begins (in my opinion). We'll never know for sure unless someone has the Horde Prime art somewhere like what Evil-Seed looks like under his robe!

EDIT: You can see Horde Prime in the cartoon in the first few minutes of this episode. There are a couple close-ups of his "face."

Last edited by Darkspecter; October 15, 2011 at 10:30pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't really get the crustacean head, but the rest of him is awesome. He also seems to resemble 2002 Hordak.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Thanks Darkspecter. I can almost make out the general outline in the video you posted

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wait, are you sure that isn't Clu from Tron Legacy? :-p
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I love Horde Primes Helmet.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I can't even begin to describe how happy I am about this! In the course of a single year, I will have added: Queen Marlena, Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, Sorceress (variant), Helmetless Evil-Lyn, AND Horde Prime to my collection.

...Now I just need Scorpia, Shokoti, Madame Razz, and King Miro, and I can die a happy man, LOL!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I really love the idea of Horde Prime and the figure itself is great. There is not one thing I dislike about this design. I can't wait to have him, and I wonder what his other head will look like...

Heroic Warrior
    Catfish Head
    Last edited by Granamyr; October 16, 2011 at 02:08am.

Wow. Horde Prime looks freaking cool. I'm very excited for that figure.

While his character has been around for since the POP Filmatin cartoon, he's never existed in figure form, so he represents something new.

His colors look great and his basic design looks wicked.

I don't like the design of the UK head but I'm very happy that we are getting it. I know there are fans of that design, and it does represent motu history.

So I really am pleased to be getting it. That's a wonderful gift from the 4H and Toyguru and it is appreciated.

Nice reuse of the Faceless One's skirt piece, and I love the black Roboto arms.

Of course now I'm in a quandry with this figure. I don't know what to do with him.

Like Baron Terror, I prefer the grey magic using Hordak to be Horde Prime and the blue tech using Filmation version to be Hordak.

It's such a simple solution and it works.

I think I may just keep this one Horde Supreme and use him as my Horde Prime's (the current grey Classics Hordak) and the eventual Filmatin Hordak's father on my toy shelf.

Either way, I dig this figure and I can't wait to get him.

If anyone has free time, could you Photoshop silver arms on Horde Prime and leave the black wires? I'm REALLY curious to see what that looks like...but I suck at doing that kind of thing in Photoshop.

I really Like the HP figure, but I too wish he was 12" and fully articulated. I would like alot more info on this character but have always had trouble accepting him over Skeletor, as I did with Hordak. As long as Skeletor stays the main villian im happy.
    For the video still it also looked to me that he had wings or something as theres red lines coming out the darkness by his headpiece??? I do like the design and the red and black are awesome!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I can't even begin to describe how happy I am about this! In the course of a single year, I will have added: Queen Marlena, Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, Sorceress (variant), Helmetless Evil-Lyn, AND Horde Prime to my collection.
    Absolutely! Same feelings here. Plus, for me, Demo-Man with Alcala-Skeletor-head is another superb addition to my collection. If somewhere along the line we could get Oo-Larr (looking like the mini-comic): one happy camper here. Oh yeah, and let's not forget Stinkor... Man, really, for me, this line is working out great.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I think the UK version head may look a bit out of place when he goes onto Horde Primes body, hope it dosent as that may be the head i will display. Id love a better look at the face under the helmet.

I know HP and Hordak are brothers but i dont want them looking to similar, the only issue i have with the HP is the Hordak symbol on the armor, HP is of higher rank but why would he have a lower rank villian on his armor even if they are brothers, looking forward to the bio.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Since I never liked the concept of a Horde Prime, (I always preferred Hordak to answer to no one), I'm kinda tempted to get 2 of these figures and just refer to them as some kind of 'Elite Guard' Horde Troopers or something when displaying them with their helmets on.....

Also, this figure might look pretty cool with Skeletor's head, as Horde Armor Skeletor.

I don't really see the fish thing now that we have seen close ups of the helmet and red Hordak face, if anything to me it looks more like a rabbit

I can't wait to get 2 of him, just an awesome figure all around
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Not impressed with him at all. Way to much reuse. I think once the hype wears off and people look at him the reaction will change.
    Rarely if ever does that happen, with MOTUC since 2009 it has been either hate = hate or hate = love (see Vikor for example)

I can't recall a figure released in the past 3 years where the majority have loved its reveal or thought of it as cool and then decided nope it sucks or were disappointed. The Star Sisters possibly but those who love them still love them they just wish some changes to be made color wise at the least.

Generally with MOTUC how you feel upon seeing it is how you feel at the end unless the figure wins you over.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Man there are gona be SO many looks for this figure! Helmet on, helmet off, the UK head, and you can obviously see Hordak's cowl under there, so I imagine that's gona be an option as well! I'm really looking forward to that red head as well; you can tell (by holding Hordak by the pic) that the head is a new sculpt rather than a red Hordak head.

Oh hey, few new pics at TNI with the UK head on.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Damn.. I'm happy we get him but I really don't like the design and color scheme too much.
    Second head is ofcourse perfect, but because I love the UK design I would want his body to look more like that.

And the Faceless One's shorts..
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK