Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Horde Prime & Horde Supreme Speculation and Discussion

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-or View Post
    vague fish motif helmet = water
    metallic parts = earth
    bat wing motif = air
    arm cannon = fire

Maybe its meant to imply that he "rules it all".
    Pretty cool. But what does the spanner or wrench on top of his helmet mean?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
    Pretty cool. But what does the spanner or wrench on top of his helmet mean?
    It implies the buyer's personal involvement/interaction with the figure/character. Spanner/wrench = imagination.

Count Marzo Quote:
    You forgot heart!

I tried to forget...

Maybe he's hunting for the heart of Bow?
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Nice. I suppose it's more appropriate than a little square piece of paper with the horde symbol on it or something

Wrench= Imagination, got it!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    We're going to have so many Horde members by the end of 2012 we should be on Hoarders.
    And I thought last year was the year of the Horde. We have 2 $40 slots left which I would be willing to throw money down that one will be Horde troopers (the other I honestly feel is Procrustious the giant). After seeing Horde Prime though, I do think we will not get Mantenna this year now. Maybe a FM fig now.

That Horde Fish pic is great!!!!!

I do like the look of the UK head on the body actually bit keep thinking of the Spector kitbash.

The front of that face shows up so great in the pics but only Poe Ghostal and anyone else standing around when Scott dropped the helmet know for sure.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay! Toyguru answered my question.

Me: Hi TG!

I see Roboto's shoulders are fixed on Horde Prime and that's awesome! A+ for that. I have a question about his hands. Will BOTH hands be removable (left and right)? I know you guys tried for Roboto, but it was too late. It would be SWEET to be able to use all those Trap-Jaw, Roboto and Hurricane Hordak parts on both of Horde Prime's "hands"!

Please let me know. Thank you.

Toyguru: I'm honestly not sure but it is an awesome suggestion and I'll pass it along to Terry.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...027#3031091027

I hope Terry can work some magic and get them both removable! How awesome would that be?! Horde Prime attacking heroes from all angles!

Also, then, there's the possibility of getting a Roboto in the future with corrected shoulders and TWO removable hands! He could come with his 200X chest armour, head and maybe some new attachments. We would be able to use the old head and attachments with both figures! 200X Roboto is not something I'm clamoring for...but it would be a great refresh of his character down the line (in my opinion).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

All I have to say about this figure is, DAMN.

damn, I'm in love with this figure, I'm crazy about this figure. this is awesome, I'm too excited.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

This truly was a stunning reveal. I don't think any of us expected him to come along just yet, especially since it was unclear as to how he should look. What makes Horde Prime's appearance all the more satisfying for me is that while I love all the characters we've been shown so far for 2012, they're mostly very heavily vintage based, and to be honest, I was getting bored with that. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with all the characters we're getting, but I just get that extra oomph of excitement inside when we get a figure of someone we've never had before. I was really hoping this reveal would be someone like King Miro, Lodar, or a Filmation character in order to shake things up again after all the heavy hitters in the first half of the year. But Horde Prime??? I did not see that coming at all. Awesome choice.

If anyone hasn't seen the video of the panel, I very much suggest watching the Horde Prime reveal.

His picture comes on the screen and there is stunned silence. Then "Huh?" "Who?" and the name "HORDE PRIME" appears underneath him and there are gasps, cheering and applause! It was truly a great reveal!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If anyone hasn't seen the video of the panel, I very much suggest watching the Horde Prime reveal.

His picture comes on the screen and there is stunned silence. Then "Huh?" "Who?" and the name "HORDE PRIME" appears underneath him and there are gasps, cheering and applause! It was truly a great reveal!
    great, I want to see it ,where's the video ?

EDIT: I found it
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; October 17, 2011 at 01:09am.
    MOTULA.ORG

I like Horde Prime a lot as a figure. I think my only issue is that I would have liked to have received a few more of the more important She-Ra characters (Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Razz, Kowl, Peakablue, Sweet Bee, etc) before getting a made up design from the cartoon these other characters were much more pivotal to.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I like Horde Prime a lot as a figure. I think my only issue is that I would have liked to have received a few more of the more important She-Ra characters (Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Razz, Kowl, Peakablue, Sweet Bee, etc) before getting a made up design from the cartoon these other characters were much more pivotal to.
    I know what you mean. I think he was made because they mentioned "Horde Supreme" in the bios and as a way of getting another Filmation character in the mix (who knows how long Mattel will have the rights to this stuff). They will always have the rights to the PoP ladies. I'm hoping for Madam Razz and Broom, the three Twiggets, Scorpia, Octavia and Sea Hawk sooner rather than being too late. Adora NEEDS Sea Hawk in her life!

I definitely want to see another PoP lady this year out of the toy character roster, though! I just don't want to miss out on any must-haves before they become "off limits" again.

I really like both heads. I don't see the fish in the helmet unless I squint, and really it looks more like Gypsy from Mystery Science Theater 3000 when I do that. But still it's pretty cool. This getting bad responses I think proves (if there was ever any doubt) that every figure in the entire line will have detractors.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I know what you mean. I think he was made because they mentioned "Horde Supreme" in the bios and as a way of getting another Filmation character in the mix (who knows how long Mattel will have the rights to this stuff). They will always have the rights to the PoP ladies. I'm hoping for Madam Razz and Broom, the three Twiggets, Scorpia, Octavia and Sea Hawk sooner rather than being too late. Adora NEEDS Sea Hawk in her life!

I definitely want to see another PoP lady this year out of the toy character roster, though! I just don't want to miss out on any must-haves before they become "off limits" again.
    Knowing they wouldn't produce even just the most popular Filmation characters very quickly, Mattel would have to have been really foolish to not make a deal that lasts a looooooooong time. I think Toyguru said there's a top 25 they intend to get to, but I think we'll be lucky if we see as many as three a year. I'm also not sure Horde Prime wouldn't have been done anyway as Horde Supreme, so we may not have seen more than one 2012 figure from the deal yet.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 17, 2011 at 09:48am.

i LOVE horde prime's techno-bow. it is just soooo what the character is; the bow is iconic of the horde and technology is core to the horde and you'd expect horde prime to be the most advanced in that respect. love it.

I am really super Excited for this figure. I never saw this coming and so soon!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

A giant would have been truly awesome, but I can understand why we got a 7" doll.

The UK comic head is so ugly & stupid I will be throwing it into the garbage immediately.

The rest of the doll looks great - looking fwd to him.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

This figure is stunning, and I love the UK comics head. Were getting a good lot of Horde members which is fantastic. Hopefully well see another Horde member in 2012 also.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    A giant would have been truly awesome, but I can understand why we got a 7" doll.

The UK comic head is so ugly & stupid I will be throwing it into the garbage immediately.

The rest of the doll looks great - looking fwd to him.

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

"Action Figure" is still a "doll" but only with a more manlier name... but this Triple Evil doll looks awesome... (let's face it, HP would call himself a doll cause it would be more evil!)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    The most evil murloc in the universe!

I don't collect dolls - only little, girly playthings covered in pink. I can only hope this is the direction of MOTUC.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

The UK Horde Prime head doesn't impress me. I hope the hidden head is more like Hordak, it would be cool to have more of his race, what ever that may be.

in the filmation series was mentioned he had two heads and motuc respect that haha.
    grizzlor was right with the two ties for the two heads haha

MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    in the filmation series was mentioned he had two heads and motuc respect that haha.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8...0237201110.jpg
    Oh, thank you for posting that! That's THE clearest picture I have EVER seen of Filmation Horde Prime!

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8...0237201110.jpg
    Yes, that's great. You can see the resemblence between this and the MOTUC figure!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela