Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC Buzz-Off compare to his other versions?

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC Buzz Off, best proportions by far...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I received my Buzz-Off today and he is down right terrible. Well, not the body, everything is great until you reach the head, then it goes downhill from there. His face is just ugly as hell. Not just that, but his lower arms are painted a different color than his upper arms, which just makes him look like a frankenstein. I hope one day we get a real version of Buzz-Off with an insect head over this henchman of the Monarch. Until then, I'll just have to pretend that Number 37 is Buzz-Off.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the MOTUC Buzz-Off the best, and surprisingly he's one of my top fave figures in this line so far. He has a presence on the shelf and stands out above the others. Maybe it's the wings, but he really stands out.
    Good trades with: Cammor

to me the 200X one looks horrible when compared to the MOTUC version.

the 200X version looks washed out and bland.

that is my view though.
    Last edited by King Kahn; December 22, 2010 at 09:43am.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Remember, Pixel Dan's vote counts as 5.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    If MOTUC had the extra 200x head my vote would have gone to the classic Buzz Off. So my vote remains with 200x. But I feel the MOTUC Buzz Off will grow on me. I'm really digging that 200x axe & large insect wings. And those color apps are fantastic.

I vote for Retired Style Buzz-Off!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Absolutely MOTUC Buzzy!

I truly love him!

My one quibble would be that I wish the 'Sting' on the top of the axe was transparent like the 200X version, I loved that look! The Nectar/Honey effect!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

MOTUC one looks great in that pic so I'll go with him. Might change my mind once I have him in hand but doubt it.

Heroic Podcaster
    MOTUC is the ultimate representation. The series has obvious problems but, for the most part, is this MOTU fan's dream come true.

Every 200X figure might as well have been a Staction since they can only stand in one crotch-thrusting, MacFarlane-esque stance and cannot actually be posed any other way. Great sculptures, terrible toys.

That said, I do support the 200X fans in their desire for 200X heads to be included with MOTUC figures in the future, like Whiplash or Moss Man. Having that option gives those fans what they want while taking nothing from my 80s preferences. Win/win.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Every 200X figure might as well have been a Staction since they can only stand in one crotch-thrusting, MacFarlane-esque stance and cannot actually be posed any other way.
    haha crotch thrusting lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Every 200X figure might as well have been a Staction since they can only stand in one crotch-thrusting, MacFarlane-esque stance and cannot actually be posed any other way. Great sculptures, terrible toys.
    Like the vintage figures?

finally got him last night. i was very happy i got him. he' a very good figure. love the helmet and the halberd.

This is my first Buzz-Off figure ever, and I really like him.

I'll still probably track down a 200x version on ebay sometime, but I think this one does a nice job of encompassing elements from both the 200x and the original figure.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

To me, the MOTUC version wins.
    Original is great but the classic is an improvement on it.
    The 200X is very scrawny looking and too stylized for my liking.

As I've said, I really hate the MotUC version. It's just horrible. It's a joke to me. He's a fat happy bee-man and his head looks ridiculous.

The 200X version at least looked like an insect.

200X wins in all of these comparisons for me with the exception of maybe Teela and He-Man. I like action figures with unique parts and I don't care about articulation. 200X was articulated just fine enough for me.

Matter of fact, I know I'm in a small minority but I wish they made everything in 4H 200X staction form with those awesome paint applications and "hyper-anim detail." I don't pose or play with these so the "toy factor" means nothing to me. It's the representation of the character and the 4H's representation of those characters was incredible for that time.

The Jitsu, Stinkor, Webstor, Clawful, Leech, etc, stactions ... THOSE were interesting - not these cookie-cutter bodies where everyone shops at the same belt and furry shorts outlet. Some of the posts I read where folks think things like Clawful's original claw looks better than the 200X one and stuff like that makes my eyes pop out of my skull. The 4H made these characters look realistic, mean and fresh in 200X. Not much in MotUC will top those sculpts for me but hey, to each their own.

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    My vote goes with 200x. Always has, always will.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    to me the 200X one looks horrible when compared to the MOTUC version. the 200X version looks washed out and bland.
    Yeah, so bland ...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    As I've said, I really hate the MotUC version. It's just horrible. It's a joke to me. He's a fat happy bee-man and his head looks ridiculous.

The 200X version at least looked like an insect.

200X wins in all of these comparisons for me with the exception of maybe Teela and He-Man. I like action figures with unique parts and I don't care about articulation. 200X was articulated just fine enough for me.

Matter of fact, I know I'm in a small minority but I wish they made everything in 4H 200X staction form with those awesome paint applications and "hyper-anim detail." I don't pose or play with these so the "toy factor" means nothing to me. It's the representation of the character and the 4H's representation of those characters was incredible for that time.

The Jitsu, Stinkor, Webstor, Clawful, Leech, etc, stactions ... THOSE were interesting - not these cookie-cutter bodies where everyone shops at the same belt and furry shorts outlet. Some of the posts I read where folks think things like Clawful's original claw looks better than the 200X one and stuff like that makes my eyes pop out of my skull. The 4H made these characters look realistic, mean and fresh in 200X. Not much in MotUC will top those sculpts for me but hey, to each their own.
    I agree the stactions were the best thing about the 200x era by far. The actual 200x figures are nowhere near the level of the stactions. However MOTUC figures are greatly superior to the actual 200x figures. Statues are statues, figures are figures. Although I also only display my figures rather than "play" and pose them.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Pretty much 2 to 1 in favor of Classics Buzz-Off. For every 200X Buzz-Off fan, there are 2 Classic Buzz-Off fans. No votes for the vintage Buzz-Off...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    However MOTUC figures are greatly superior to the actual 200x figures.
    As straight up action figures, I'd agree. When it comes to fun-factor, MOTUC can't be beat.
    Design-wise, 200X wins. It's budget allowed for unique tooling for practically every figure that MOTUC wishes it could utilize.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 22, 2010 at 03:59pm.

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    I just opened Buzz-Off and to my surprise, I actually think he's rather amazing looking. Looks real good on a flight stand and makes my collection look more diversified. I have to agree that I would have much rather had an alternate head looking more bugish like the 200x version. Its too round and smooth. Would have liked more angles/plates. Maybe a happy medium in between? He also looks alot different than Whiplash even though he share a lot of body parts. In the end, real glad I got him.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Pretty much 2 to 1 in favor of Classics Buzz-Off. For every 200X Buzz-Off fan, there are 2 Classic Buzz-Off fans. No votes for the vintage Buzz-Off...

As straight up action figures, I'd agree. When it comes to fun-factor, MOTUC can't be beat.
    Design-wise, 200X wins. It's budget allowed for unique tooling for practically every figure that MOTUC wishes it could utilize.
    What I'm currently wondering is what are 200x fans going to expect when a figure comes out that was never seen in 200x or staction form? Does anyone have a problem with said figures? I mean look at Scareglow, he's pretty much a fan favorite for almost anyone!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I still like the 200X version the best of all.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    What I'm currently wondering is what are 200x fans going to expect when a figure comes out that was never seen in 200x or staction form? Does anyone have a problem with said figures? I mean look at Scareglow, he's pretty much a fan favorite for almost anyone!
    Like Spikor, Dragstor or Extendar? I can't speak for the others, but the MOTUC version of those characters might be universally liked, since there would be no 200X version to compare them to. No missing 200X heads, accessories, parts or classicized versions of very different weapons to worry about there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    You mean they no longer look ready to take a honking dump?
    Dude you just made me spit Coke everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    HA! Honking dump. Sounds like clown diarrhea.
    And again...damn you guys!
    Last edited by Skeletortilla; December 22, 2010 at 04:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions