Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC Buzz-Off compare to his other versions?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Like Spikor, Dragstor or Extendar? I can't speak for the others, but the MOTUC version of those characters might be universally liked, since there would be no 200X version to compare them to. No missing 200X heads, accessories, parts or classicized versions of very different weapons to worry about there.
    So if there was no 200x Buzz Off figure, there wouldn't be anyone unhappy with the MOTUC figure?

Even though I wouldn't use it, I do agree that they shouldve thrown in a 200x styled head just to satisfy that crowd. Blame Whiplash.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Like the vintage figures?
    200X has the 'crotch-thrusting'.

Vintage has the (to paraphrase Eternian Poet's apt description) 'honking dumpage'.

See the difference?
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    So if there was no 200x Buzz Off figure, there wouldn't be anyone unhappy with the MOTUC figure?
    Yes. Unless of course, they were ALWAYS critical of Buzz-Off's design from the get-go. (i.e., some fans hate his smiling face)

If there were no 200X versions, then there wouldn't be any of those comparisons. MOTUC would only be seen as an improvement from the vintage figures, instead of also being a step down from the unique 200X designs.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    200X has the 'crotch-thrusting'.

Vintage has the (to paraphrase Eternian Poet's apt description) 'honking dumpage'.

See the difference?
    Okay. Thought you were referring to the 5-7 POA and the "battle ready pose" that both eras were stuck in.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 22, 2010 at 04:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakashian Calamari View Post
    I like the MOTUC Buzz-Off the best, and surprisingly he's one of my top fave figures in this line so far. He has a presence on the shelf and stands out above the others. Maybe it's the wings, but he really stands out.
    I believe his wings give him more of a presence too. He seems to stand out on my shelf more than any of the other figures.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

200X is my favorite Buzz-Off design. MOTUC, like always is my favorite as just being a great toy. But I wanted at least a 200X Head on this guy...oh well.,
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I have to vote for MOTUC Buzz-Off. He could have been a little better (200X head...), but overall he's the best. The 200X Buzz-Off's arms always bothered me because they seem too long...and he can't stand on his own!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

My vote goes to 200X.

My perfect Buzz-Off would be the 200X design "bulked up" (the 200X insect body design in the "shape" of MOTUC) with Classics articulation.

MOTUC Buzz-Off looks spectacular, so glad he doesn't have those dog feet that the 2K2 version has.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    My vote goes to 200X.

My perfect Buzz-Off would be the 200X design "bulked up" (the 200X insect body design in the "shape" of MOTUC) with Classics articulation.
    Same here. Maybe in the future?
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I believe his wings give him more of a presence too. He seems to stand out on my shelf more than any of the other figures.
    His color scheme has a lot to do with it as well. The bright yellow stripes immediately catch your eyes when perusing the MOTUC shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    MOTUC Buzz-Off looks spectacular, so glad he doesn't have those dog feet that the 2K2 version has.
    QFT!!!

Seriously, I really think the MOTUC BUZZ-OFF takes the cake. He is everything that was cool and unique about the vintage figure, just better!

And yes, Mattel should have included a 200X head-sculpt..... It still makes me angry and confused as to why this cannot happen anymore....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    And yes, Mattel should have included a 200X head-sculpt..... It still makes me angry and confused as to why this cannot happen anymore....
    While I think MOTUC Buzzy is the definitive version, I do think it sux that the 200X fans dont get the head. Would I use it? NO, but thats the beauty of a Choice!

But think of it like this...when Mattel aint selling two of each 'Extra Head' figure, maybe they will realise they have killed the Golden Goose!

Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

MOTUC! Anything closer to the classic (vintage) version of MOTU figures wins for me! staying classic people
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Cool repaint, but the standard figures colors are nowhere near as good as that.

MOTUC Buzz-Off is my favourite. I do love the detail of the 200X one, but the slender limbs made him seem less powerful.

Widget
    200x

this was a tough one. Though I like MOTUC Buzz alot more than I thought I would, but the Liza Minnelli head and crab hands kill it for me. Motuc definately takes it for articulation and paint, but 200x pulls it out with overall design. This was one of the figures where a break from the standard body type/ musculature really made a difference. 200x looks more insect like, seems more flight worthy, and handled the claw/ heads better. Both versions feet suck. A staction probably would have destoyed the others.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    MOTUC!

Buzz Off was one of my favs growing up so this update really hits all the right buttons for me. I didn't really care for the 200x version. I thought that version was weak. MOTUC Buzz Off is a mean customer. He looks strong and formidable. The 200x version made me want to look for a can of Raid.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    MOTUC!

The 200x version made me want to look for a can of Raid.

Hilarious!
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTS View Post
    200x

this was a tough one. Though I like MOTUC Buzz alot more than I thought I would, but the Liza Minnelli head and crab hands kill it for me. Motuc definately takes it for articulation and paint, but 200x pulls it out with overall design. This was one of the figures where a break from the standard body type/ musculature really made a difference. 200x looks more insect like, seems more flight worthy, and handled the claw/ heads better. Both versions feet suck. A staction probably would have destoyed the others.
    Holy Smokes he does look like Liza Minelli! LMAO!

just thought i might chime in my $0.02...
    first, i personally prefer the MOTUC version, as an update to the vintage. i DID think the re-design of the 200X was a cool one for the character, and certainly set him apart in a unique and interesting way, i just personally dug the silliness inherent in the original. BUT, what i think might need to be thrown out there is this:
    i'm truly surprised by everyone's disappointment in the "lack of a 200X" head... my wife and i were looking at all three last night, and while the design of the head (and helmet) are certainly based upon updates of the original, the MOTUC version WITH HELMET ON actually looks, to both of us, (proportionally, at the least) MORE like the 200X than the classic figure... i believe some credit is due to the 4H for updating the classic design in such a way as to capture some semblance of the essence of the 200X head look (provided the helmet is on.) certainly the proportions and more insectoid design of the 200X body cannot be implemented in the MOTUC, given the design objectives of the line, and i too lament the loss of extra heads in any form, but in the case of this BUzz-Off figure, i really do think the combination-of-eras ideal has been nicely achieved... the extra insectoid limbs, and the inclusion of the 200X staff, combined with the appearance of the head with helmet truly resembling that of the 200X, i think makes a nice amalgamated figure. just personally not sure in this case exactly WHAT a 200x-inspired, classicized head would even look like or possibly add...???? but again, just my 2 cents. and yes, he DOES stand out nicely on the shelf!

Buzz is TOTALLY one of those figures that Evil Toy Company Executive should have "ok'd" for an extra head (who needs the slightly different Whiplash 200x head? why bother with a 'tache for MAA? or all of Bow's freekin heads!!?)

I can only hope that they release a 200x MOTUC Buzz. I hated the dumb grinning balloon head in the 80s & I still hate it - even though he looks like he has a chin this time.

But jeez, the 200x designs were very good. 200x Buzz looks very insectoid, dangerous & streamlined. Though this Buzz is very true to the vintage, why repeat horrible mistakes? It's like giving Orko a major role in the plot.

Oh, they did that too.

Well, I can't wait to see the stupid look on Clawful "if & when" he comes out.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    yup...dull and bland....

THAT is a picture of the figure REPAINTED. I didn't say the SCULPT was bad just the colors, especially compared to the vintage and MOTUC versions.

However, even though the sculpt is nice on the 200X version, the articulation kills it for me. I used to be INSANE about the 200X line when it was out but honestly the MOTUC just kills the 200X line in nearly every way. Just my opinion though.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yup...dull and bland....

THAT is a picture of the figure REPAINTED. I didn't say the SCULPT was bad just the colors, especially compared to the vintage and MOTUC versions.

However, even though the sculpt is nice on the 200X version, the articulation kills it for me. I used to be INSANE about the 200X line when it was out but honestly the MOTUC just kills the 200X line in nearly every way. Just my opinion though.
    I was thinking the same thing. The repainted one he showed looked great, but the actual paint job of the normal one is dull and bland.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    IMO:

4H 200x 2-up > MOTUC > 200x production figure > Vintage

But something like this would've sealed the 1st place deal for MOTUC:

(And no, I'm not getting tired of posting this yet. )

Nice picture Lay Ze-Man. That would have been a great head to have.

I'm torn between 200x and MotUC ... oddly, my 200x figure stands pretty well on his own (most of the time).

Some kind of hybrid would solidly have first place in my book ... something like a 200x-design with the MotUC articulation and chunkiness (here's hoping for a 200x-style Buzz-Off variant!). Even a 200x head like in Lay Ze-Man's post would have been terrific (and would have likely made MotUC the winner for me).

MOTUC hands Down. MOTU just builds on the vintage figure and makes the '200x one look like a skinny larva rather thant a warrior.