Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 123 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 123 Discussion!

Episode 123 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter and Nate Baertsch are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they are joined by Scott Neitlich to answer your questions about
    Scott's thesis,
    movie talk,
    Magoo,
    Showtime's Penny Dreadful,
    SDCC Matty panel, Friday, room 25abc, 11am,
    2015 Subscription,
    new stuff put out Wed & Thurs before the panel,
    SKUs and 2015,
    budgets and prices,
    items inside and outside the sub,
    subs required to make 2015 happen,
    what happens if 2015 isn't sold-in,
    Scott's favorite SDCC reveal,
    Buzz-Saw Hordak,
    timeline of character production,
    price and the future,
    Castle Grayskull,
    Meteorbs,
    new mini-comics,
    mini-figures,
    blinds bags and variants,
    MOTUC, a movie and retail,
    no vote at SDCC,
    shoulders, paint apps, and not getting every figure perfect,
    and much more!
    Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on June 19, 2014
    Runtime: 1 hour, 14 minutes, 37 seconds

Direct link for Episode 123

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Wow a second course this week! Digging in now. Please pass the giggle berries!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    "Homecoming"? Really?
    Are you serious?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    The "Crita movement" came out of nowhere? "No one was wanting her 6 months ago?"

Really?

She has topped the NA Idol polls or come in second for how long now? She placed right behind Flogg on Catra's Wrath poll what, 2 years ago? That is not even counting how well she did in the Org massive character poll.

But this is a surprise?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that she may not be a character wanted by all, and there may be people who never watched the show and never saw her. Well guess what, I never heard of freaking Eldor until a couple of years ago, and yet here he comes in October.

I am not claiming that she is on top of everyone's lists. But I have seen several people who generally don't like NA say they want her. I just don't understand how demand for her can "come out of nowhere" when there have been plenty of polls in different places. I mean if Scott can find mythical polls that show demand for Nepthu surely finding evidence of a demand for Crita after all these years should not be that hard.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

More gooooooooooooooooooooooooble, yes, yes, yes
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The "Crita movement" came out of nowhere? "No one was wanting her 6 months ago?"

Really?

She has topped the NA Idol polls or come in second for how long now? She placed right behind Flogg on Catra's Wrath poll what, 2 years ago? That is not even counting how well she did in the Org massive character poll.

But this is a surprise?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that she may not be a character wanted by all, and there may be people who never watched the show and never saw her. Well guess what, I never heard of freaking Eldor until a couple of years ago, and yet here he comes in October.

I am not claiming that she is on top of everyone's lists. But I have seen several people who generally don't like NA say they want her. I just don't understand how demand for her can "come out of nowhere" when there have been plenty of polls in different places. I mean if Scott can find mythical polls that show demand for Nepthu surely finding evidence of a demand for Crita after all these years should not be that hard.
    I totally agree with this post.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post

Really?

But this is a surprise?

I disagree. I think your own desire for Critta is blinding you. Sure, she may be topping some fan polls (which are completely unscientific anyway), but people didn't really start "shouting from the rooftops" until recently. No one was really bringing up how much they want Critta. They were more focused on other, higher tier characters that were bigger names and more desired (Ram Man, Glimmer, Madame Razz, etc.), and now that those characters got figures, people are starting to shout for some of the next tier characters. Even in the NA faction, fans were torn between shouting for NA Skeletor, Mara, Flogg, etc. Now the most important NA character is arguably Critta, and everyone's shouting for her. I know for sure I haven't seen the "Critta Movement" until recently.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I've been STARVING! Can't wait to listen to it
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN Ö INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

People were bringing up that they wanted Crita. She has a character support thread. You can look at "NA Idol" polls to see further support. Are there MORE people asking about her now? Yes. Is that a product of where we are in terms of releases now? Possibly. Keep in mind, though, that Crita was not realistically available until they got rights to animated characters, which happened the same time they got Filmation rights. That is when I would say the "movement" truly began, because she became a realistic desire.

I don't know how much your interest in NA is there, but anyone who even casually follows NA should know that Crita is ranked high in terms of demand. More than any other Space Mutant. I can excuse a casual fan or especially a non NA fan not knowing of the "movement". But I am surprised and disappointed that the brand manager did not seem to know where she ranks, especially in light of a unknown NA figure coming in 2015.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Crita seems to be with Filmation Hordak as a character that totally went over Scotts head as to what the fans want.

Regarding She-Ra Barbie: I'm curious why Mattel doesn't just allow one of the designers to come up with a high-end Barbiecollector.com exclusive She-Ra? There are plenty of random no-entertainment-based dolls made for the adult collector.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    "Homecoming"? Really? http://media3.giphy.com/media/ObXgWWGHzMlVe/200_s.gif
    Are you serious?
    Things that make you go hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    "Homecoming"? Really? http://media3.giphy.com/media/ObXgWWGHzMlVe/200_s.gif
    Are you serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Things that make you go hmmmm....
    Things that also make you go "How petty can one person be?"
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; July 22, 2014 at 05:06pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Regarding She-Ra Barbie: I'm curious why Mattel doesn't just allow one of the designers to come up with a high-end Barbiecollector.com exclusive She-Ra? There are plenty of random no-entertainment-based dolls made for the adult collector.
    I am surprised too. They own Barbie, and the own She-ra. Sort of seems like a no brainer.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Two Roast Goobles in one day?!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I agree with Scott on Crita. I rarely heard or saw people demanding her 6 months ago.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the great shows. Two in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I agree with Scott on Crita. I rarely heard or saw people demanding her 6 months ago.
    Agreed. That's all he was referring to: the recent outpouring of support. There's always been talk about Crita, but the same holds true for many characters. It wasn't until recently that she got that big burst of people really wanting her.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Great talk about the production cycle. Anyone who has any questions/conspiracy theories about why these figures take 1-2 years to produce, why they can't reveal the full line in advance, etc. should listen to this episode.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Things that also make you go "How petty can one person be?"
    Things that also make you go >

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Same here, I never heard her mentioned until recently. I always wanted her though, since she is the 'Evil-Lyn' of New Adventures. Hope to see her in 2016 if we're lucky.

Side Note: it's so funny to listen to Scott try NOT to spoil anything. He makes a few slips here and there, and then tries to cover his tracks, lol. We heard it!

Scott seems pretty confident that 2015 is going to go through, which is good.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Same here, I never heard her mentioned until recently. I always wanted her though, since she is the 'Evil-Lyn' of New Adventures. Hope to see her in 2016 if we're lucky.

Side Note: it's so funny to listen to Scott try NOT to spoil anything. He makes a few slips here and there, and then tries to cover his tracks, lol. We heard it!
    I think I heard more waves for Drizzi back when than I did Crita.

And if we don't get Crita next year, I'm at least hoping for Master Sebrian or Darius....or both
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I think I heard more waves for Drizzi back when than I did Crita.

And if we don't get Crita next year, I'm at least hoping for Master Sebrian or Darius....or both
    Oh I would love Drissi, Sebrian, and Darius. I was always a fan of the ancillary New Adventures characters.

*The biggest comment in the podcast for me was about Teela. As Toyguru said, she is the first attempt by Mattel to produce a female Classics figure, and she is also the most popular female aside from She-Ra. She deserves a 2.0 version! Best of all, he said this means we get a Goddess figure essentially for free (presumably in terms of tooling budget) because then you'd only need to give her a paint job, he said. This leads me to believe a Goddess 2.0 figure would be painted, and not translucent.

* Also very excited to hear Toyguru is a fan of Prince Keldor. It makes sense that no MOTUC mini comic characters will be appearing until at least 2016, and I agree with his assessment that they are not A-class characters. I believe brand new characters should not essentially "cut in line" and take slots that could be given to characters we have known about and have celebrated for decades.

* I personally wasn't aware that every original non-variant PoP toy was going to be included by the end of 2015. I'm very happy for the PoP fans!

* Val, what is this "Questions and Answers thing" that was mentioned in the podcast? A video? Or an event at SDCC?

* Given that figures were stolen from Mattel's display during a previous event, I am a bit concerned that the 2015 mini comic on display in the locked case will somehow be stolen.

* Toyguru stated "We need both day of sale purchases and subscription holders." If there are fewer day of sale opportunities as there have been this year, how is it that the 2015 sub sale goal is the same as in previous year. It was specifically stated the sub sale goal was the same as 2014. Was 2014's goal higher than 2013's or 2012's? I don't recall hearing that they were.

* Regarding Crita, I agree that fans show more support for characters at different times. Mattel's apparent choice not to include her in 2014/2015 makes sense considering there were very few slots left after filling them with vintage characters. And there are presumably many more popular choices out there aside from Crita. Crita ranked a respectable 16th place in the official He-Man.org fan poll, but did not break into the top 5 or even top 10 ranking fan favorites.

*It's a relief to hear Mattel is planning something special with Buzz-Saw Hordak, so that we're not just getting a figure that looks just like one we've already received. I am cautiously excited for him now!

*After the discussion about Meteorbs, I would really like to know if it's possible for Mattel to release a set of Classics-styled Meteorbs that have zero impact on the other budgets for MOTU toys, much in the same way Baby Skeletor was.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 22, 2014 at 10:48pm.