Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the LAST carrot?

Who will be the LAST carrot?

I've just been thinking about this lately, so I thought I'd pose the question to you all. Who will be the last MOTUC carrot? ...Or in other words, who will be the LAST "most wanted figure" that will be saved for the latter half, of the last year of this line, in order to entice subscribers to continue their sub for the last year, and to keep fans in general, collecting this line till the end, until they get their long-awaited __________ figure?

...Dare I even say, "Sorceress" or "Ram-Man" or "Spikor" or "QueenMarlena" or "Fisto" or "Jitsu" or.... So who do you think the LAST carrot will be? (All I can say is it better not be the Sorceress! )
    Last edited by Neutro; March 6, 2012 at 07:07am.
    No comment.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Ram-Man. Sorceress has a major variant (MYP Sorceress), a couple of minor variants (NA minicomic Sorceress, various repaints) and a derivative character (Veena) that they'll want to do the "main" version of her before. Ram-Man has only a slightly different colour scheme (of the sort that they'd do as a TRU two-pack rather than a MC quarterly variant right now) and is a "unique tool". There's no incentive to do him any time soon unless they change their minds about wanting to hold some characters back.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that, to keep us in it 'til the end, that the "last carrot" is going to be the Sorceress. I mean really, who else could it be? She's the real last heavy hitter any era of this line has.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    It will be either Ram-Man or Sorceress
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I Believe that it's The Sorceress... Last time they made her was at the end of the line. The second MOTU comeback died without a Sorceress... (Stactions don't count)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Shadow Weaver

OK, here's the line up for 4Q 2017:

October: Shadow Weaver (monthly), 200X Evil-Lyn (quarterly variant)
    November: Ram Man (monthly), Granamyr (quarterly beast)
    December: Sorceress (monthly), Battle Ram (vehicle)

Special Line-Ending Item: Castle Grayskull
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    its announced that they now have Filmation rights & are starting production & will have them as monthly figures.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Gwildor!!!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Heroic Warrior
    Disco Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Despondos View Post
    OK, here's the line up for 4Q 2017:

October: Shadow Weaver (monthly), 200X Evil-Lyn (quarterly variant)
    November: Ram Man (monthly), Granamyr (quarterly beast)
    December: Sorceress (monthly), Battle Ram (vehicle)

Special Line-Ending Item: Castle Grayskull
    Well, that would be ending the line with a bang! Though I'd like to think that we'll get Grayskull sooner... so let's switch that line-ender to Snake Mountain, okay?

I just hope I'm alive to find out and have the funds to buy it if I want it.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think it's a pretty safe bet that, to keep us in it 'til the end, that the "last carrot" is going to be the Sorceress. I mean really, who else could it be? She's the real last heavy hitter any era of this line has.
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I Believe that it's The Sorceress... Last time they made her was at the end of the line. The second MOTU comeback died without a Sorceress... (Stactions don't count)
    So you think they'll do three Sorceresses + Veena in three months at the end of the line then, hmmm?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    With my luck it'll be Spikor, who was one of my favorites as a kid that I carried around more than most of the others. Oh and we haven't seen him since the 80s. He HAS been ranking pretty high in the MOTUC Idol threads.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I just hope I'm alive to find out and have the funds to buy it if I want it.
    This too.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I think it would be appropriate for it to be Sorceress in classic toy style, but that would go against the Mattel plan to have variants follow the main design of a character.....

I will go with a guess that is a bit out of left field:
    Last monthly figure: Two Badd - It will be too bad when the line ends afterall Sorry for the stupid pun!

I think the last variant will be the Spirit of Grayskull in a different transparent color than the original to keep that version unique. Since he started the line off, it would be appropriate that he finish it off too.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    My immediate thought was the Sorceress, but I didn't think about the variants. So.. I'm fearful it's Two-Bad. He's an awesome figure that not many people are clamoring for right now.. but I imagine he'll only get more popular as other favorites are released. In other words, I think Two-Bad is a lot of people's #2 pick!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    This is exactly why I think they WILL get to her before too long. That, and that she has at least three variants besides the classic 80's/Filmation figure. She is a character that many will buy different versions of. I'm actually shocked they haven't released her yet.

And here's the thing. Man-E has long been rumored to be a "withheld" figure. Many speculated that if/when he appeared it would be to sell a subscription, and that turned out not to be true. Maybe Mattel/TG has faith in the secondary characters, as well as the principles?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    With my luck it'll be Spikor, who was one of my favorites as a kid that I carried around more than most of the others. Oh and we haven't seen him since the 80s. He HAS been ranking pretty high in the MOTUC Idol threads.
    LOL.... he is in the Top 3 of my vintage MOTU poll as well... he gives Stinkor, Two Bad, and the Sorceress a run for their money.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; March 9, 2011 at 09:33pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    My immediate thought was the Sorceress, but I didn't think about the variants. So.. I'm fearful it's Two-Bad.
    Two words, second word "Baddrah"

I'm thinking it will probably be Ram Man (or hopefully) they'll garner fresh interest in the line by announcing Shadow Weaver as their first Filmation figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    So you think they'll do three Sorceresses + Veena in three months at the end of the line then, hmmm?
    I think they could... but not necessarily the last three months of the line
    They toss out 200X Sorceress as the SDCC exclusive (Vintage colors for con goers, normal 200X colors for Matty) (of the next to last MOTUC year.) Then they use Veena and Sorceress as Sub bait (Wouldn't be surprised if Sorceress starts shifting slots due to issues and ends up the last MOTUC figure). The NA sorceress could be used as the Sub incentive...

Just cause I can picture them doing it DOES NOT MEAN that I WANT this to happen. Heck I want my prediction to fail and have Sorceress as one of the figs shown at this year's SDCC!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Most likely Ram-Man.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Oh come on, we all know that it's gonna be the Sorceross, cause she's ALWAYS at the end of the line.
    Does Galactus fart?

It will be Shadow Weaver which will reignite the line into its last stretch

I dunno. I think it would **** off too many fans if it were the Sorceress, so I really don't think it will be her. And like someone mentioned, Spikor hasn't had a figure since the original line, so again, I think it would **** off too many fans if it were him (I'm actually hoping to see him at this years SDCC.)

Now Ram-Man on the other hand, has had a figure, a repaint, and a McDonald's toy since his original figure, plus he will require a unique sculpt, so I hate to say it, but he therefore seems like a great contender to be the last carrot.
    No comment.

They had better not hold the sorceress off until thebend or heads will roll
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone