Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rio Blast discussion

MOTUC Rio Blast discussion

Rio Blast seems to be one of the most maligned figures in all of MOTU. He was one of the last figures I got before finishing up with MOTU and moving on to other toy lines. I always enjoyed the look and play features, and even though he didn't really fit with the rest of MOTU he was more of what I was in to at the time (GI Joe, Transformers, M.A.S.K).

I had already finished with 200x by the time the stactions were released but Rio Blast was easily one of the best reimaginings I have ever seen. He looks so much more brutal than he did in the vintage line.

Personally, I would like to see Rio Blast with either an interchangeable arm like Trap Jaw so he can have his normal vintage arm and the 200x arm gun or a 200x gun that could slip over is normal arm like 200x MAA.

I am not sure if I want him to be a cyborg but I would like to see him come from somewhere other than Eternia. Mattel could make an Eternian moon much like the planet of New Texas from Bravestarr and call it Newt Exas. That way they could incorporate Bravestarr if they got the rights (my personal wish)

I would love to see the 2nd 200x head but I doubt that would happen but who knows what Mattel could do.

How would you like to see Rio Blast in MOTUC?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I dont recall seeing that staction before. Very cool. That is much better than the vintage figure. Bring it on!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I actually liked him a LOT better than a lot of the other Vintage figures...

I loved the Staction and I REALLY hope we get him in the MOTUC line.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I want Rio Blast in MOTUC!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I hope that [if and when] we get to him, his action feature wont leave just gaping holes in his chest and legs. Put something there.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Rio Blast seems to be one of the most maligned figures in all of MOTU. He was one of the last figures I got before finishing up with MOTU and moving on to other toy lines. I always enjoyed the look and play features, and even though he didn't really fit with the rest of MOTU....
    All the more reason why my interpretation of him makes all the more sense to incorperate him properly into the MOTU-verse!
    – No comment.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    the whole gimmick of "one hand" being something big/different shouldn't be used on him. i love the rest of the update. can't wait for this guy!!!!!!

I had the vintage figure too. I liked the staction much better than the vintage figure, which I always wished was just Colenol Blast instead. Then he coulda' been a Hordesman.
    Last edited by Kevenn; December 22, 2010 at 11:14am.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

riobalst is in my top 10 figures. He was one of my favorites as a kid.

the staction is nice and all but I am not a fan of the giant gun hand.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    riobalst is in my top 10 figures. He was one of my favorites as a kid.

the staction is nice and all but I am not a fan of the giant gun hand.
    i also used him with my bravestarr figures.
    Last edited by King Kahn; December 21, 2010 at 11:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    One of a few characters I never had a connection...

Heroic Warrior
    I def want Rio Blast in the line. To fit in with the other guys, the flip open features are probably going to be done away with but that's okay for me. I do not like the big gun arm on the staction but most of the other staction features look great.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd like something between the two for the classic version. extra 200x head & huge gun that slips over his arm like the 200x MAA toy. As for the action features guns I wouldn't mind if they are just snap on's. I'd like to think of his abilities like MAA from the MYP.

I'd personally would like his bio to reveal that him & Man-At-Arms known each other during the great unrest. He was fatally injured from a stampede or from a battle with Prahvus & his band of warriors. He was then rebuilt with cybernetic parts. More than 20 years latter he again meets MAA & fights along side him & his new friend He-Man. He joins the Masters to fight the new threat of the Horde invaders & is now a renegade along with the other Masters.

This guy was one of my favourite toys as a kid and I love the 200x station with the big gun, sure his look doesn't fit in with MOTU that much but just check out how cool he looks on this comic cover:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...96&image=14181
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I know that Bravestarr has been pretty much ruled out in MOTUC but Rio would be a nice transitional figure between MOTUC and BS. If we do get him, they could incorporate some BS stuff in his bio just as a nod to the fans. It feels like this has been said before.
    WTB:
    Shadow Weaver
    Optikk

Really looking forward to Rio. Im not sure if we would get the alternate gun arm, based on the amount of weapons with the basic figure. Best option would be a modded Roboto forearm.
    WTB Loose complete Tyrantisaurus Rex and Laser Light Skeletor

I like that idea to have a modded Roboto forearm, that may work perfectly to fit the oversized gun.

I am actually suprised so many people don't like the big gun. I didn't like it with MAA in 200x because I didn't really think it fit, but it goes so well with Rio Blast.

To make do without the action feature (if it can be classed as one) the flip out guns could actually be interchangeable pieces much like the Battle Armour pieces. That will eliminate the need to have the hollow torso and thighs. The only problem with that is it means that Rio Blast could go over budget but it should also mean people may buy two to display both looks.

I don't like the big gun arm. The original is better, imo.

I hope he doesn't have the huge gun hand of the staction, unless its removable.

I LOVED this figure as a kid, and thought he fit right in (still do).

I would have no problem if they tried to either directly, or subtly, comment him to Bravestarr (as, apparently, that was the original intention, though, that changed).

The Staction was awesome, but this is one of the more rare occasions where I prefer the vintage look on this character.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yeah, the big gun arm bites. I go back and forth on Rio. I LOVE him on his own, but grouped with the others, I don't feel like he "fits."

Well the guns can be snap-On. For the thigh Attachment they could build a custom Knee peg that adds the thigh part of the chaps. (Keeps the Knee Articulation AND no additional holes on the leg.)
    For the guns on the arms We'd need a new "Glove" to fit with the swiveling gun (or a snap on attachment to use on Hordak's glove to plug in the guns)
    The Chest gun flipping panel could be made part of the Armor/Backpack. and add in another snap on gun.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

I am actually suprised so many people don't like the big gun. I didn't like it with MAA in 200x because I didn't really think it fit, but it goes so well with Rio Blast.
    i think its compounded though.

the oversized gun WITH the whole "75 percent of MOTU figs ALREADY HAD the one "different" hand gimmick" that pushes people not to like it.

its ok looking, but i prefer an update of the original (which it is) minus the gun arm.... not everyone needs to loose an arm in battle....

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    What if his hand wasn't really the gun, but just looked like it? What if the trigger was just well shielded, & his hand fit into it, making it look like it was part of his hand, but it was just a reallly huge "Liefield" gun?
    Does Galactus fart?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I wouldn't mind him in MOTUC...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i cant wait for Rio but the old Rio