Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rio Blast discussion

Heroic Warrior
    If he comes, the 4HM should update his outfit a little bit, not let him look like he`s coming out of some western saloon...

The staction was a good update...

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    What if his hand wasn't really the gun, but just looked like it? What if the trigger was just well shielded, & his hand fit into it, making it look like it was part of his hand, but it was just a reallly huge "Liefield" gun?
    i would be fine with that, but they already sort of did it with MAA. if that extra wasnt a MAA feature in the 200x toon, i would be completely fine with it. as long as its a de-tachable feature i would be fine.

So many people on Eternia must have back problems from walking around with uneven weight on their weapons and armour.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    So many people on Eternia must have back problems from walking around with uneven weight on their weapons and armour.
    Ask He-Man...Hes got to lift some mountains in every episode

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    when designing armor, MAA thinks, "you know what, only ONE shoulder pad looks much edgier..... "

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    i cant wait for Rio but the old Rio
    It's definitely going to be the old Rio, no worries about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Do you really think they won't throw some 200x in there?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Rio Blast rules. I remember he was the next to last figure I ever got back in the day (Sorceress was the last). Someone gave him to me as a present. I'm sure they'll throw some 200x aspect in there to go with the vintage. I bet they'll include that big arm revolver as a detachable item.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    my Rio-Blast got stolen.
    Does Galactus fart?

I never had Rio, but I am jonesing for this Space Cowboy. Good stuff. I am also hoping for some 200X influence, as that staction was pretty swell, too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

all my friends from my neighborg used to be olders than me, and the guy who used to live across the street in front of my house her mom bought him i remember rio blast, mosquitor, terror claws skeletor, flying fist he-man, multibot and clamp champ and i just said wow!!!!! i loved rio blast and mosquitor a LOT!!!! i never had them as a kid, i had them later on when i was completeing my vintage collection but i can say i loved rio blast i was kinda dissapointed with the staction that it was not possible to have movements with the weapons as the vintage one that was the great part of that character ( well i also hated the mosquitor staction to have the blood part than dry) while in the vintage was awesomeeeeeeee
    i really want those characters but with those action featuresssss
    mosquitor with the chest blood dry nooooooooooooooooooooooo
    rio blast with weapons that u cant move nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

I actually don't think Rio Blast is that "maligned". Sure, he may be more of a cult favorite than someone like Trap Jaw, but he's definitely no Meteorb or Mo-Larr(both of which I really like). I know some use him as an example of Mattel steering MOTU too far away from its medieval styled fantasy roots(Zodac, Jitsu, and the Wind Raider didn't do that already?), but I feel a lot of people still love him. I had left the line by the time he came out so I really have no connection to him, but he's one of the characters I really want to see sooner rather than later.

As others have said, I prefer the vintage design more than the staction. That cyborg hand, imho, is one of the worst additions to a vintage character that the Four Horsemen ever made. Luckily he won't have his action feature since the vintage designs only downside imo are the holes he has in his chest & legs.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Do you really think they won't throw some 200x in there?
    Maybe they'll throw in that green eye piece. I'd like that and I'm labeled quite the vintage purist.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I bet they'll include that big arm revolver as a detachable item.
    I really hope they do, but I don't think they will

I'd like to see it as a removable hand canon type thing like MAA and not permanently attached to his arm like the 200x version seemed it would be.
    Last edited by 13977; December 23, 2010 at 06:27am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Rio Blast is easily one of the weirder 'The line is failing,Quick throw anything in' figures from the end of the Vintage run -yes,Im looking at you Snout Spout!

But on his own he was a cool toy, the Staction however was/is superb. He is one of the handful of characters that I truly hope are more 200X skewed. at least the same style Head and a removable/interchangeable gun arm.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Rio Blast rules

totally agree! ...

he is one of my favourite characters and one of my favourite vintage figures that i own ...

i cannot wait to see him in motuc ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I definitely want vintage Rio Blast. Happy for a slip-over gun arm if the 4H want to include a bit of staction action, but not replacing his right arm.

I definitely want MOTUC Rio constructed like the original, with built-in, pop out guns/ Clip on guns would be lame IMO.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    I am very happy to see that there are so many people who did not like the one big arm that was in the staction. That idea is overdone. Vintage Rio Blast is awesome. His symmetry makes him extra kewl.

Of course he fits in. How people can say that he doesn't fit in next to Man-at-Arms, Mekaneck, Trap-Jaw & Roboto, makes no sense.

The four horsemen should make his "pop-out" lasers into "snap-on" lasers so he can be displayed without them. As long as it isn't like She-ra's head.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Some call me 'Wayne' Blast Attack!'s Avatar
    I'd like to see a faithful interpretation of the vintage figure. For me the wackier characters were my favorite.

I personally think he should have the same exact "flip-out" weapons in the MOTUC version. I think only the ab joint might get lost in transalation, but that doesn't bother me. I don't mind if there are "holes", so long as the insides have some killer bionic detailing.

I hope we see him sooner than later. I recall a soundbite in 2002 from whoever was heading up MOTU at Mattel at the time, printed in either Lee's or Tomart's, where he came out and said Rio Blast wasn't going to be in the 2002 line and made a comment that made it sound like the wackier characters weren't going to have a go in the reboot. That really peeved me at the time, so I was thrilled when the 4H got to do a staction of him. Despite how much I loved the staction though, I want his MOTUC version to remain faithful to the original toy... as I'm betting he'd come out looking quite badass with the current articulation!

I love this guy! He's one of the few figures that is still in good shape (probably because he was one of the later ones I got). Nothin' like a cybernetic dude that's FULL of guns.

I know they aren't big on the 200X heads anymore, so it would be cool to at least have the targeting "scouter" on the side of his head and the grenade launcher arm as his swap out parts.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I hope we see him sooner than later. I recall a soundbite in 2002 from whoever was heading up MOTU at Mattel at the time, printed in either Lee's or Tomart's, where he came out and said Rio Blast wasn't going to be in the 2002 line and made a comment that made it sound like the wackier characters weren't going to have a go in the reboot. That really peeved me at the time, so I was thrilled when the 4H got to do a staction of him.
    I remember the Mattel rep saying that back then. They made some remark about Rio Blast not fitting into the new MOTU or some such thing. I like to think the 4H staction was a direct response to that statement!

Likewise! Rio Blast didn't fit in, but Samurai He-Man, Samurai Skeletor, Samurai Battle Cat... now THOSE made perfect sense in the 2002 line! LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Likewise! Rio Blast didn't fit in, but Samurai He-Man, Samurai Skeletor, Samurai Battle Cat... now THOSE made perfect sense in the 2002 line! LOL...
    This is true! But if you're gonna go there, then you almost need to take another look at Jitsu and Ninjor, and maybe Dragstor and Extendar!

However, if some of them had Earth origins, well then maybe they would make sense on Eternia...
    No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I definitely want MOTUC Rio constructed like the original, with built-in, pop out guns/ Clip on guns would be lame IMO.
    yeah, i agree ... it would take a lot of new tooling, but look at what they did with roboto .. i'm sure this is perfectly legitimate and possible to do ...

Quote Originally Posted by Blast Attack! View Post
    I'd like to see a faithful interpretation of the vintage figure. For me the wackier characters were my favorite.
    yes! ... very good point! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION