Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rio Blast discussion

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    What direction will matty make for this figure?

include extra 200x accessories like the large gun, 200x head or some new detailing?

snap on weapons?

will he look completely like the 80s toy?

what would his bio say about him?

I acknowledge that this figure is not excited me much. I always saw him as out of side in motu, a cowboy in Eternia?. his image and his name is more compatible with GI joe .

Widget
    I think he doesnt fit it.. I mean pants? .. nobody whears pants on eternia.. he needs a loin cloth .. I'd prefer him with the hand gun idea like the 200x MAA..

Rio is such a fun character! He fits in fine. I hope the 4H take a lot of influence from the original toy. those flip out guns hidden in his body are an awesome concept!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I never had him as a kid so I prefer the 200x treatment. I like the idea of the gun hand similar to Trap Jaw or even similar to the 200x Man at Arms with the big hand gun.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    will he look completely like the 80s toy?
    i hope so ...

i'd expect him to do so as well - the whole point of motuc is re-creating the vintage figures based on the 'classics/vintage' look ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    He is a weird one for me. I love the wild west in American history. Alas I also don't see him as a very good concept for MOTU. The way he dresses would indicate that Eternia has frontier towns with cowboys. It just doesn't seem plausible.

At the same point if they do make him I am certain he will be almost 100% vintage based.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

I never had Rio Blast whn I was a kid but iused to play with a friend that had one. The figure was cool but it was kind strange to pop up his guns and see the holes in the body. I love the staction, for the MOTUC version I would like the legs, the big gun but detachable and the hair cut from the staction.

Do you think they're going to add those bullets' marks in his body?

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakashian Calamari View Post
    I def want Rio Blast in the line. To fit in with the other guys, the flip open features are probably going to be done away with but that's okay for me. I do not like the big gun arm on the staction but most of the other staction features look great.
    actually, I think i asked about Rio Blast a few yrs ago & they said he'd have his flip out guns like the vintage figure 'if & when the get to him'.... so no worries there. we got moving gears for roboto, so i'm sure Rio will have his pop out guns. they don't require levers or buttons so they're doable for this line.

I'm sure the big gun hand will not be there, since that's a 200x hyper detail thing & that style is retired. I also didn't like the big gun for an arm thing on the staction. just give me an update of the vintage figure with all that great classics articulation & I'll be happy.
    i'm sure the 4hm will give him some awesome inner details the same way they did for Trap-jaw & tri-klops, to make his inner parts look great when his guns are flipped out & bullets blazing. obviously, like Roboto he wouldn't have the ab crunch, but that's not a big deal imo for certain characters who'd have unique torsos.
    I'd love to see how they'll do Spikor, who had a unique torso too.

for those who don't think rio Blast fits in with motu, because he wears pants, or is too space-age, should look at characters like Bow, trap-jaw, roboto, optikk, He-ro, etc.

Rio is just as much motu as characters like ninjor & jitsu. or Extendar who look like a knight of the round table imo. Asia isn't located on Eternia.... Earth isn't on Eternia, for that matter, but many of the characters are based on Earth animals, & Earth cultures aren't they? they did have a horse, Stridor didn't they? rio blast would go perfect with Stridor if they make them.

come on Mattel!!! Make Stridor & Rio Blast... they'd be perfect together imo. much better than Fisto & Stridor imho. though i want Fisto too.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I was thinking Rio could have the pop out guns without having a new buck or taking away from ab crunch. Have his armor have it so you can pop on & off the chest & knee guns. And as for his hand guns have them attach over the arms like the shields do. If that at all makes sense? And you can still have that large 200x gun. Any comments?

Rio-Blast is my most anitcipated figure of this line. I'm a huge fan of westerns and cowboy themed heroes. I really hope he makes it into the line sooner than later.

Rio always sort of struck me as the loner of the MOTU world. The drifter who lent a valuable hand when with the group but spent most of his time on solo adventures. Not a joiner kind of guy, but reliable when called upon. He was one of my favorite figures as a kid. He and my modified Night Stalker renamed Chaos (my stepdad repainted him silver& red on the purple& gold bits) rode the plains of Eternia doing heroic deeds. Plus he looked like Chuck Norris, another certified badass.

I can't wait to see how the Horsemen "classicsize" him for MOTUC.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

When I was little I would call him Chuck. I played with him as a solo hero. Rio was my second favorite hero figure. Sky-Klone was my number one & the Rock guys third.

I am so suprised with how many people want Rio to be completely based on the vintage version. As I said in my initial post, I thought the 200x Staction was the best update of all the characters.

But looking more at the Staction, I am sure if you stripped down the "hyper anime detail", which would be the head and oversized gun, then Rio wouldn't look too different for his MOTUC counterpart.

Luckily, Rio Blast is one of the few vintage figs that has a great look so it doesn't matter which way the 4H go because they are still going to do a fanatstic job on him.

I still want the oversized reveolver though, either as a seperate interchangeable arm or a seperate weapon because I think it looks so cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I still want the oversized reveolver though, either as a seperate interchangeable arm or a seperate weapon because I think it looks so cool
    Yeah! Rio would be one heavily armed bad a** with that extra reveolver.

Personally, I want to see Rio Blast done more towards his classic look. I didn't realley like the big gun arm. If it's removable that's fine. I would realley like his flip out weapons incorporated though,

Well the NYTF has been and gone. Still no Rio Blast but there is always SDCC

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Well the NYTF has been and gone. Still no Rio Blast but there is always SDCC
    I don't think he's the big of a character to release him at SDCC.. in my eyes he is.. cuz I really think his MOTUC figure could be amazing looking!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    He's one of my Big Two Wants...

Rio Blast
    Spikor

Bring me them!!!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    He's one of my Big Two Wants...

Rio Blast
    Spikor

Bring me them!!!!!
    another Rio Blast supporter! Awesome

rio is a favorite and one of my favorites in the vintage line. i have no doubt the horsemen will do an awesome job on him for his classics figure, as long as he doesn't have a stupid mega gun hand and that other dumb **** on the side of his head like the staction did.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

This is one instance in which I prefer the Original design...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

This guy was one of my favorite figures from my childhood, mostly because he had so much cross over potential with other toy lines. I must admit he really doesn't fit into MOTU very well (I even felt this as a child), but he remains one of my most anticipated.

Maybe his bio will tell of how he came back to Eternia with He-Man when he returned from Primus. That's really the only way I can see him fitting in, other than him being summoned to Eternia like Skeletor did with Blast-Attack, Ninjor and Scareglow in the mini comics.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

I was thinking about this idea the other day.

How about if Rio's guns were clip on, and would work on any figure?

Then, when the Horde Troopers are released, the weapons come in a weapons pack in a colour similar to Horde Troopers, for making a Colonel Blast custom?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Great idea Toymaker. That gives them a cost saving reuse

I loved Rio Blast when I was a kid so I really want Mattel to do him right! Since TF when Scott mentioned every vintage figure was due by 2017, my mind has eased somewhat about getting certain characters so now I'm not worried about Rio.