Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rio Blast discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Great idea Toymaker. That gives them a cost saving reuse
    Plus it would sell more Horde Troopers when we get them. On the same note, the first Hordak variant needs to come with an extra head!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

rioblast has his place in motuc toyline and i m waiting for him with impatience

Heroic Podcaster
    All Rio Blast fans need to be voting in the MOTUC 90-to-1 thread! Rio is failing and we need to save him!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    All Rio Blast fans need to be voting in the MOTUC 90-to-1 thread! Rio is failing and we need to save him!
    I've seen the thread a few times.. just never clicked on it.. but I'm determined to HEAL Rio everyday

I've seen quite a few people voting for him.. I think if we all vote for him every single day we can make him #1 in his bracket!

I had him, and I loved him, as a kid. All that stuff made him very cool to play with.

And I thought the human with weird gun bits comming out of him was just fine in MOTU. He fit great with Mekanek, Manny Faces, ect.

I do like that staction as well. I dont think we need the head, but I could see the second arm. I wouldnt want it mind you.

What I would like is if it doesnt work like the original figure, (which isnt mekanical like roboto, not that they didnt do roboto, but like tri-clops's visor, they could do this literal) THen I would like snap on peices of the guns or something, so you could recreate the original multi gun pop out.

Of course as I suggested above, I see no reason they couldnt do that. BUt altogether it will be an expensive figure to make, so I hope all the money goes into making the vintage figure MOTUC. If they can afford 200x stuff after that, go for it.

Heroic Warrior
    I would get a MOTUC Rio Blast figure. I think it would be cool if it had an arm cannon attachment like Roboto.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
    another Rio Blast supporter! Awesome
    Come on dude...I'm a gun-toting redneck! Who else is gonna be a favorite for me?????
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Come on dude...I'm a gun-toting redneck! Who else is gonna be a favorite for me?????
    HAHAHAHA!!!

Have you been voting? He's 10+ right now.. and some other Orger noticed a "Rio Blast Rally".. i think they're gonna fight back!

Heroic Warrior
    I keep voting against Rio Blast in that 90-1 thread. I didn't have Rio Blast as a kid and he always looked silly to me. I'll buy him when he comes out in MOTUC for sure. But I had to choose someone to vote against in the thread.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i do wonder if they are going to give him a cowboy hat/helmet as a new classics type of feature.

it could be a cool addition.

Heroic Podcaster
    Rio fans, time to round up some votes!

Our man Sheriff Blast is currently the target of a vicious smear campaign by a coalition of varmints and bushwhackers over in the MOTUC Idol 90-to-1 thread!

It's up to us to rustle up some friends, form a posse and lend him a hand! Or a cleverly concealed laser blaster, whatever ya got!

Just in case ya need a map, partners - here ya go!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=204311

*This message endorsed by Chuck Norris.*
    Last edited by SunDevil; March 4, 2011 at 10:29am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    To be perfectly honest, I know next to nothing about Rio Blast. I never owned him as a kid. He never appeared in any of the cartoons. Thus, he means nothing to me. However, I like the idea of a space cowboy bounty hunter, and I'm assuming that is what Rio Blast is, so I would love to see him updated in the MOTUC. Not to mention that he is one of the few characters where I think either look is good for him, the vintage or the 2002 staction, so either would work for me when they do do him.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I keep voting against Rio Blast in that 90-1 thread. I didn't have Rio Blast as a kid and he always looked silly to me. I'll buy him when he comes out in MOTUC for sure. But I had to choose someone to vote against in the thread.
    Jeez dude...vote against some POP tart or one of the awful Meteorbs or Twistiods!!!!!

GIVE ME RIO BLAST!!!

I'm taking credit for the "Rio Rally"! Seriously, MOTUC is all about the fun and what is more fun than a Chuck Norris lookalike Space Cowboy?
    *This message endorsed by Chuck Norris.*
    Last edited by Larry Waters; March 4, 2011 at 09:55am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I LOVED this figure as a kid, and thought he fit right in (still do)...The Staction was awesome, but this is one of the more rare occasions where I prefer the vintage look on this character.
    I agree. I thought he fit right in with the line as well. If Rio doesn't fit in, then Trap Jaw, Multi-Bot, Dragstor, etc. shouldn't either. I also agree that I preferred the original to the staction.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I was thinking about this idea the other day.

How about if Rio's guns were clip on, and would work on any figure?

Then, when the Horde Troopers are released, the weapons come in a weapons pack in a colour similar to Horde Troopers, for making a Colonel Blast custom?
    That's a good idea, so good, it was mentioned earlier in this thread
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    That's a good idea, so good, it was mentioned earlier in this thread
    that idea is good but it was mentioned EVEN EARLIER
    on this thread... and before that previous mention there was this mention That's as deep as it goes... I think...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I mentioned it to my mom in K&K Toys back in 1987...

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Jeez dude...vote against some POP tart or one of the awful Meteorbs or Twistiods!!!!!
    Gee, somehow the meteorbs & twistoids didn't make it into the starting 90

[The "POP tart" line is gratuitously insulting to those who LIKE the She-Ra characters though...]

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Gee, somehow the meteorbs & twistoids didn't make it into the starting 90

[The "POP tart" line is gratuitously insulting to those who LIKE the She-Ra characters though...]
    I hadn't read the thread before offering up the Meteorbs, et al for sacrifice.

As for the other...it was a joke.

The original figure was one of my favorites to play with. All of Rio's guns were so cool, especially the ones in his hands. A cybernetic cowboy is a great addition to any line, we don't see nearly enough of them.

I didn't know much about cowboys (I didn't even know what a redneck was until much later). I watched the Dukes of Hazzard, but I thought it was set in the past or something. I've lived in Lisbon and NY/NJ all my life. I learned that the Dukes of Hazzard was not a period piece upon moving to Florida for a while.

Heroic Warrior
    Awww. You gotta realize, Big Country. It's nothing against Rio Blast. But I'm the father of two daughters and they absolutely love the POP girls. Part of the reason I collect this line is because my girls love them. I'd like to see POP girls sooner rather than later. I can wait a bit for Rio Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Awww. You gotta realize, Big Country. It's nothing against Rio Blast. But I'm the father of two daughters and they absolutely love the POP girls. Part of the reason I collect this line is because my girls love them. I'd like to see POP girls sooner rather than later. I can wait a bit for Rio Blast.

I know..it was all in jest!

We all have our favorites...Dan has Mosquitor, I have Rio Blast & Spikor. I love pretty much everything we've gotten so far (except Optikk!) and want everyone to get their favorites.

I just want my grail now!!!!

Heroic Podcaster
    We all have our favorites...Dan has Mosquitor, I have Rio Blast & Spikor. I love pretty much everything we've gotten so far (except Optikk!) and want everyone to get their favorites.

I'm with Big Country here...except for Optikk. He's actually one of my faves now that he underwent the 4H treatment.

Back on topic - let's keep the Rio Rally going!

Heroic Warrior
    I know..it was all in jest!

Well, you'll be glad to know that as soon as/if Calix (for whom I'm currently voting) gets eliminated in Bracket B, my plan is to vote for Spikor and as soon as/if Dragstor (for whom I'm voting against) is eliminated, I'll start voting against Stinkor (Spikor's biggest competition--I never liked Stinkor much).

I'm with Big Country here...except for Optikk. He's actually one of my faves now that he underwent the 4H treatment.
    Imo, the Four Horsemen didn't do much to the vintage Optikk. Other than making his eyeball smaller(bad idea imo) & giving his pupil 2 different colors(cool idea), the MOTUC version is practically identical to the NA version.

If you like Optikk, I think his original sculpter(s) should be the one(s) to get the credit.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!