Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rio Blast discussion

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Rio Blast seems to be one of the most maligned figures in all of MOTU. He was one of the last figures I got before finishing up with MOTU and moving on to other toy lines. I always enjoyed the look and play features, and even though he didn't really fit with the rest of MOTU he was more of what I was in to at the time (GI Joe, Transformers, M.A.S.K).

I had already finished with 200x by the time the stactions were released but Rio Blast was easily one of the best reimaginings I have ever seen. He looks so much more brutal than he did in the vintage line.

Personally, I would like to see Rio Blast with either an interchangeable arm like Trap Jaw so he can have his normal vintage arm and the 200x arm gun or a 200x gun that could slip over is normal arm like 200x MAA.

I am not sure if I want him to be a cyborg but I would like to see him come from somewhere other than Eternia. Mattel could make an Eternian moon much like the planet of New Texas from Bravestarr and call it Newt Exas. That way they could incorporate Bravestarr if they got the rights (my personal wish)

I would love to see the 2nd 200x head but I doubt that would happen but who knows what Mattel could do.

How would you like to see Rio Blast in MOTUC?
    I couldn't agree more with each of your points.

I LOVE Rio and I LOVE Bravestarr, Make New Texas/Newt Exas/Nutecksus a moon or planet, I don't care how, just get it done.

As for the MOTUC version, again I agree. interchangeable arm of BFG add-on to approximate the staction. So that we can have a blen of the 2.

Heroic Warrior
    What I can say about Rio Blast, is that I really hope he's made in MOTUC based on the vintage figure.

The staction is one of the rare 4 Horsemen designs that I just couldn't stand.

I always liked the hair, 'stache, blue eyes and bright colours of the 80's version.

I truly hope Rio Blast will come in MOTUC with his iconic "flip guns" and helmet. This is not an action feature per se, it is manual and is possible to repeat in the MOTUC line.

Rio Blast is one of the remaining heroic warriors I'm really excited to see in our new Classics collection.

I understand he won't have a 200X head but (as it has been stated) I really hope they make one arm removeable so he can have that giant arm cannon from his staction. Of course, there's no telling how expensive just his vintage figure remake would be; I mean, he's got a TON of guns, and he's gona need to be a new sculpt. Not to mention the backpack is gona be huge! I hope there's room for the gun arm (and I'd love an optional targeter for his eye like the staction as well. Maybe they could have one flip up and out from his backpack).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    What I can say about Rio Blast, is that I really hope he's made in MOTUC based on the vintage figure.

The staction is one of the rare 4 Horsemen designs that I just couldn't stand.

I always liked the hair, 'stache, blue eyes and bright colours of the 80's version.

I truly hope Rio Blast will come in MOTUC with his iconic "flip guns" and helmet. This is not an action feature per se, it is manual and is possible to repeat in the MOTUC line.

Rio Blast is one of the remaining heroic warriors I'm really excited to see in our new Classics collection.
    that staction was awful, we already have plenty of guys with one large hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    that idea is good but it was mentioned EVEN EARLIER
    on this thread... and before that previous mention there was this mention That's as deep as it goes... I think...
    Awesome! great minds think alike! I really hope they realize this idea is the best way to go.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    that staction was awful, we already have plenty of guys with one large hand.

Awesome! great minds think alike! I really hope they realize this idea is the best way to go.
    and possibly the one with the least logistical nightmares... I hope!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Chuck Norris? This thread now owns all others

I really am suprised there is so much dislike for the Staction. I thought is was a very cool update.

Rio Blast is one of the updates I am most excited to see but I have this concern that he will be too vintage and I don't think that is a good thing.

I have know idea when we will see Rio Blast in MOTUC, he is such a middle of the road character, not really loved but not really hated, that he could show up at any time. I just hope it is not towards the end of the line

I have know idea when we will see Rio Blast in MOTUC, he is such a middle of the road character, not really loved but not really hated, that he could show up at any time. I just hope it is not towards the end of the line
    One thing I think Rio Blast has going for him is that he came out later in the line when a lot of us had already left MOTU. Sure, we may not have any childhood memories of him, but having never had him before makes us want him all the more. At least I know that to be true for some of us.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

He was one of the last few figures I got. A perfect amalgamation of the toys I was in to at the time,Transformers and GI Joe, in MOTU

Heroic Podcaster
    Rio is getting killed over in the 90-to-1 thread! Vote now or they'll be fittin' our boy fer a pine box!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Rio is getting killed over in the 90-to-1 thread! Vote now or they'll be fittin' our boy fer a pine box!
    I have resigned myself to the fact that his days are numbered. He has had a good run though.

I would love for him to go a few more rounds and perhaps become a Big Gun (pun intended)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I have resigned myself to the fact that his days are numbered. He has had a good run though.

I would love for him to go a few more rounds and perhaps become a Big Gun (pun intended)
    Whoa Nellie! I wish there was time for one more bowl of chili!
    Dont stop kicken till the clock stops ticken.

We gonna have us a Necktie Party.
    Last edited by kylun flac; March 14, 2011 at 01:37am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a good feeling that Rio Blast will be one of the figures either revealed at SDCC or at least planned to be released in 2012.

Toyguru has already stated that there will be a lot of figures next year with 2 heads and I think Rio Blast is a prime candidate for that. It doesn't need to be a 200x head but it can be a modern head.

Let's keep the dream alive

man i loved rio blast as a kid, he was one of my favs, think it was the whole one man arsenal thing. cant wait to see him in motuc, definitely one that im hanging out to see released and the sooner the better
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

I would love to see him come with an alternate head and arm just like Trap Jaw to incorporate the looks of both vintage and 200X. I would also like to be able to display him with either his weapons out or inside (hopefully Mattel won't consider this to be a taboo action feature). I think that he will have to be a cyborg unless they make all of the guns part of a large exo-suit. I prefer the cyborg route and would like to see electronic components in the holes made by his guns coming out. Also, I hope that his back pack will function the same way as the vintage figure.

I have a good feeling that Rio Blast will be one of the figures either revealed at SDCC or at least planned to be released in 2012.

Toyguru has already stated that there will be a lot of figures next year with 2 heads and I think Rio Blast is a prime candidate for that. It doesn't need to be a 200x head but it can be a modern head.

Let's keep the dream alive
    I would be shocked and thrilled if he shows up at SDCC. He's my most wanted hero.
    Last edited by Zargon; June 16, 2011 at 01:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Both SDCC and Power Con have been and gone and still no Rio Blast.

There is still hope for him to be released in 2012.

Both SDCC and Power Con have been and gone and still no Rio Blast.

There is still hope for him to be released in 2012.
    Let us pray. I will even settle for a Fire Power Man.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I would like to see a mix of both the 200x stantion and the original figure, I think he has enough accessories, but i regards to his bio, is there anything out there giving him an origin. I dont think I have ever seen anything. but he does have a trademark so I think he on the table soon.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    as a kid rio was one of my favorites. i often played him as a solo hero up against numerous foes.
    rios gun blaster back packs was one of the coolest things about him.
    i do hope that the blaster pack functions the same way on the new motuc figure.

I would like to think Rio Blast could be costed as a Deluxe figure. I would love to see him come with clip on wrist, thigh and chest guns, a second 200x inspired head, a removeable forearm with interchangeable forearm revolver and the back pack weapons system.

I would love to see Rio Blast come with everything to make either vintage or 200x inspired versions but unless it is classed as a deluxe then I don't think it will happen. I would like to see Rio Blast get the same treatment as Fisto but because he comes with so much equipment I think he is going to "break the bank" and cause Mattel to "lose their shirts"

Hopefully 2012 will be year of the Space Cowboy
    Last edited by TheFallen; January 12, 2012 at 10:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well if they ever decide to make a Rio Blast figure, I think we'll have just about the only figure who may actually look right on Stridor/Night Stalker.

stridor-nightstalker1.jpg

Loved this guy as a kid. His 200X statue takes pride of place in my living room (along with the Sssqueeze statue). Personally I think that, looking at both the vintage figure and the 200X statue, that the statue basically elaborates and updates what's already there or hinted at on the vintage figure. Of course it adds some things, but I think it mainly just updates the look for more modern sensibilities. Personally I want to see Rio's MOTUC version follow in a similar fashion. I'd like a MOTUC version to update the head, the chaps and the armour to be somewhat reminiscent of the statue version which I feel looks better and less goofy than the vintage figure.

I'm not too fussed about the revolver/cannon hand. I think even though it is clearly a bit overdone I'd only want it as an accessory. Rio should have two gloved hands as standard. Also speaking of those the little wand-shaped laser guns, I think they should clip-on. I'd like to have a Rio Blast that could be posed without them and not have gaping holes in his wrists.

Also I'd like if he did come with the dual pistols and holsters. One thing I really loved, but lamented they weren't separate from the actual statue. I'd really like to see them on a possible Rio MOTUC figure (in the style they were on the statue). As for other accessories I'd want to see the classic bazooka/laser backpack and have it work much like it did with the vintage figure. Plus the aiming device that was on the 200X statue as a clip-on.

Though after saying all that I'm not sure how much of that is possible. I expect a lot of that would have to be sacrificed depending on if the Horsemen wanted to go strictly vintage or 200X inspired or their own specific vision. Though in any case I'd definitely want to see the dual pistols on any Rio figure (and would it be too much to ask for him to come with a cowboy hat? ).

Now onto something a bit unrealistic, but who knows, maybe there's a way to work this in for a nod to the fans. I'm just thinking since there was a Colonel Blast in She-Ra who was basically a Horde version of Rio, I'm thinking that there could be some interchangeable armour pieces. It could be an easier idea than it seems. You could have the chaps and the armour on Rio be removable and either have new helmet or a second head. If possible it could be done so that you could swap these Horde armour pieces to other figures in the line like the palace guards and create Horde gaurds with them.

A bit long winded, but those are just my thoughts on the subject. God knows when we'll see him if at all, but it's nice to explore the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    I want to see Rio Blast getting made. He deserves his figure in this toyline. A classic look for him should be enough(I'm not a fan of the Robocop more cyborg looking Staction one).
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

I definitely want him to have a connection to New Texas in his bio.

Join the movement

No Rio, We Riot

You know you want to

Rio Blast... Why Not?
    Maybe even change the Bio to have him be somewhat of a seg-way into the New Adventures Storyline (since his tech could match that of Icarius) like that of the Rock warriors, should they ever get made!!! Or should they go to the New Taxas.. why not?

I wouldn't expect any connection to New Texas in the bio. I believe Toyguru has already stated that Mattel aren't looking to combine properties like Bravestarr or Blackstar etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.