Thread: Next month's Fantastic Four event (Spoilers, you've been warned)

I'm a Val-Pal.

Next month's Fantastic Four event (Spoilers, you've been warned)

The four will be no more next month. One is going to die, and it appears to be permanent.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...four_no_more_3

Now my question is according to this article they have been building to this point for over a year now:

"We've been building to this story and this moment since Jonathan began writing the series around a year and a half ago," Brevoort said. "It's a story that will have a transformative effect on these characters — virtually nothing will be the same after the events of this story. And that was the reason to go this route — to bring about these seismic changes to the characters and to the series."

Okay so I want to be able to pick up next months poly bagged black death issue and read it knowing the full story so I will want to get the comics by then.

Does anyone have a list of all of the issues I need or should I just go buy the last one and a half years worth of Fantastic Four Issues?? Or have they crossed over into any other comics in that time lol.can anyone help?

I would rather get the issues then be pointed to story synopsises hehe.

Wendy
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Heroic Warrior
    Just read the current FF run. It's all you need.

Disappointed that they feel they need another event and a killing, though. I've loved the FF since I was 3 years old.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

I'm sure this will be just as permanent as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Bucky, and pretty much every other Marvel or DC character's deaths.

Permanent in comics is like when a teenager says forever. Forever to a teenager is anywhere from two weeks to a year (depending on age). In this case permanent means ~ two years.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I started reading FF back in the mid-90's when Reed had been KILLED FOREVER.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm sure this will be just as permanent as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Bucky, and pretty much every other Marvel or DC character's deaths.
    Jean Grey's still dead (which is fine with me, since I don't like her).
    Bucky was dead for decades.
    Who knows when Marvel will decide to bring the, soon to be dead, FF character back to life.
    Could be in 1 year, or in 10 years.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada said the story is part of a wider effort to not only keep readers entertained, but engaged.
    In other words the fans are going to hate it.

Seriously why is this guy still in charge? He totally doesn't get superheroes and their fans.

I'm not a huge FF follower but given the choice if I had to choose one to die I'd kill Reed Richards. He's just the least likable to me.

I was wondering how this could effect the movie reboot -assuming they actually do the damn thing- but then again Gwen Stacy is in the Spider-Man reboot and she's been dead for how long now?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberv View Post
    Just read the current FF run. It's all you need.

Disappointed that they feel they need another event and a killing, though. I've loved the FF since I was 3 years old.
    Cool, thanks for all the input everyone and I realize it won't last lol. When did the current run start what issue??
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Jean Grey's still dead (which is fine with me, since I don't like her).
    Bucky was dead for decades.
    Who knows when Marvel will decide to bring the, soon to be dead, FF character back to life.
    Could be in 1 year, or in 10 years.
    Eh, Jean has died and come back and I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that they are bringing her back with this whole Hope storyline.

Captain Mar-Vel is pretty much the only big hero to die and stay dead...so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I started reading FF back in the mid-90's when Reed had been KILLED FOREVER.

Yeah, I just recently-ish read the ones where Reed died. Unfortunately...I have a gap of about 3-4 issues there of him coming back. So I never found out how that happened. lol.

I actually canceled my sub when they killed Johnny off...not just because of that though... I just wasnt enjoying the current writer as well. And to make a character die and act like he's "permanantely" dead, (that everyone knows will be back) is stupid. Not that I want them to leave him dead mind you...it IS the FF after all, and just would not be the same without Mr Storm... but in my opinion...if you have to kill characters off to sell books...you need a better writer. I was neat the first few times...now its just over done.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Yeah, I just recently-ish read the ones where Reed died. Unfortunately...I have a gap of about 3-4 issues there of him coming back. So I never found out how that happened. lol.

I actually canceled my sub when they killed Johnny off...not just because of that though... I just wasnt enjoying the current writer as well. And to make a character die and act like he's "permanantely" dead, (that everyone knows will be back) is stupid. Not that I want them to leave him dead mind you...it IS the FF after all, and just would not be the same without Mr Storm... but in my opinion...if you have to kill characters off to sell books...you need a better writer. I was neat the first few times...now its just over done.
    I hate whenever they do that with Fantastic Four. You KNOW that any death will not be permanent since those four are supposed to be a family.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Being dead is like calling in sick in the comic world. You call in dead for a year and then you are back in top notch condition with some convoluted ******* reason.

It's just like the recent garbage Marvel pulled with Spider-Man. It wasn't bad enough they pulled the Brand New Day ****, but now they are pulling this crap. I cannot wait for Quesada to no longer be in charge with Marvel. In fact, I wish they would just fire the guy right now and go back to basics instead of all of this nonsense.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    "Part of a plan to keep readers engaged"?? I thought good stories and scripts did that... silly me
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

More crap from Marvel.
    The industry is dead.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/