Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Buzz-Off Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Buzz-Off Video Review by Pixel Dan

Better late than never, right!?

Enjoy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Whoo hoo! this Time I can hold my Buzz off while you review Him!

Its an interactive Review! love it!

Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Better late than never, right!?
    Indeed! Especially since I don't have one yet.

...But I now do have one on the way!

Loved the cardback graffiti btw!
    No comment.

Great review! Perfectly matched all of my thoughts exactly. Especially the 200X not standing on his own.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Very cool! Looking forward to him. I'd have him already, but some unseen hand was holding him back, I guess. Coming on tuesday, now.

Anyway, I agree! This is really fantastic looking, and I wasn't expecting to like the looks of him so much. I have no doubt I'll feel the same with him in hand. It's great to have his claw hands HOLD things. That bugged me even when I was little. I hated having him hold his axe to the side, especially considering he wasn't even holding it. My little child brain wouldn't accept it and I constantly tried other things, thinking they wouldn't do that on purpose when other figures could perfectly hold thier weapons. I don't know why they didn't do what they did with the new one.

In the end, I think the only thing missing from this guy is the 200X head. Would have really bought the look home. As he is, I'm quite happy to have the vintage version with the 200X halberd. I just wish the 200X heads weren't axed RIGHT at Buzz-Off. He's really the last one I would have wanted a 200X head for.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I noticed yours had a "The Original" blurb so not only did you get him late, you got the reissue package.

Someone at Mattel needs to get off their hate horse and let more 20XX in this is one where the differences were huge enough to warrant a second head.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I noticed yours had a "The Original" blurb so not only did you get him late, you got the reissue package.
    Yeah, Scott told me that the review samples had this in error.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    perfection as usually. Now who's next?
    Does Galactus fart?

Dan, this is your best review so far! I loved everything about it. From how you put the name Buzz-Off over his real name Tzzzzzt zzz zzTTTzz to how the 200X one kept falling over, I couldn't stop laughing. And I don't understand why everyone has a problem with his smile, even the 200X one had one too. Keep up the great reviews.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I still dont have Buzzy in the UK so this review is still early enough for me lol.
    Cant wait to get him and I love the head sculpt. I like him being smiley and friendly.
    I wish one of the claws was closeable, I used to love having Buzzoff punch the baddies with his closed claw as a child, seemed like it would really hurt to be hit with that hard closed claw.

good review as usual. i pretty much agree with everything you said.

I always enjoy your reviews Dan, but you often refer to the Vintage figures as "Classic"… It gets a bit confusing for the listener.
    Maybe have definitive names for each generation to make it clearer?
    80's - Vintage
    200X- 200X
    Classics - Classics

Just a suggestion.
    "I find the movie "Annie" totally unbelievable. Given the option, who would adopt a ranga?"

Mean-Girls.org
    Are you a "Plastic"?

Treat your customers with respect, NO MORE PAINTED BLACK PLASTIC MATTEL!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Sorry, but I absolutely abhore his head. It is terrible. I hope someone decides to make and mass produce a replacement head like this one site does for GI Joe sized figures.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

eagerly awaiting mine... longest sub. shipment ever. Figure looks like one of the best to date... perfection!!!!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

this is the first time I have a figure in my hands (buzz-off arrived today )before the review

anyway good review

Nice review, but my thoughts on the figure remain.
    He's easily the worst figure in the line so far.
    I actually like the body, but that head is so goofy, it just kills the whole figure.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    Excellent review as always!!!!! I love that shot of him with the flight stand. While the head doesn't really bother me, it would have been nice if Mattel had included a 2002 inspired head sculpt.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Buzz-Off hasn't hit UK shores yet, so this review isn't too "late"for me!

I love this figure, I think it may be my favourite of the last six months of the line.

I know Buzzy is one that has really split the vote as he was a vintage update, not 200x. Well, without wishing to open up that whole can of worms yet again, the line is vintage updates with the occasional 200x nod, we get that by now!
    The 200x update was one of the figures I was fonder of from that line, but I'm glad they went the vintage route with the MOTUC version. I personally love his face... dunno, but it's almost got a cool ethnic look to me.

(Oh, and just one random comment to throw in, I love how Dan says Buzz-Off "closes out" the year. I'm fascinated how grammar varies between countries - here in the UK that just wouldn't sound right)
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Now this is an awesome review that just had to be done regardless if it was late or not. Buzz Off is a favorite of mine as well amongst the heroic figures. I agree with everything you said here, PD. He just stands out from the rest and looks awesome. That color scheme, sculpt, accessories, everything is just a pure MOTU masterpiece with MOTUC Buzz Off.

I also lol'd at how you superimposed over his real name. Hilarious!

And you know how it was suggested for TNTS on DVD? Well, I vote for a DVD of your MOTUC reviews! That is...if it's allowed to be done. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Sorry, but I absolutely abhore his head. It is terrible. I hope someone decides to make and mass produce a replacement head like this one site does for GI Joe sized figures.
    I agree; even a more stand-offish version of the vintage head would've looked better. this just has bad written all over it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I agree; even a more stand-offish version of the vintage head would've looked better. this just has bad written all over it.
    This figure may have the fans split more than any other so far.

I LOVE this head, and wouldn't want it any other way!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    This figure may have the fans split more than any other so far.

I LOVE this head, and wouldn't want it any other way!
    What's wrong with having the best of both worlds? It's not that the vintage head would not have been included if they had made the modern head? I would rather have the modern, updated head, but I would without a doubt still want them to include the vintage, goofy head. That's what would make the ultimate Buzz-Off figure.

200x fans aren't wanting the body/limbs to be 200x'ish, because I think everyone can agree on what to expect of the Classics body style by now, so I don't think there are any issues on standing the figure up.......although, I can introduce you to many MOTUC figs with loose ankles, that are worse than getting the 200x Buzz-Off to stand up.

Buzz-Off was one of my favorite childhood figures, and I do agree that the figure does look nice, but it still lacks the "completeness" of the Buzz-Off character.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

even if i liked the 200x head, i think it would look horrible on this figure the way it was made.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    even if i liked the 200x head, i think it would look horrible on this figure the way it was made.
    I think the Whiplash one turned out fine.

As long as they "classicized" the modern head and sized it correctly with the Classics body, it would have looked fine.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Thanks for the review!
    With other words, its not the figure who splits the fans, its just his smiling vintage head
    I love it ..... Buzz was my first Motu figure ever.