Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matty just told me I have to pay separate shipping for club Eternia / club Ecto subs.

Matty just told me I have to pay separate shipping for club Eternia / club Ecto subs.

or not get them at all.

Did this happen to anyone else? Is there a thread out there to discuss it?

Just got off the phone after getting an email saying I needed to call them. Apparently since I ordered both club Ecto and club Eternia in one order without using the combined subscription option, they CAN NOT be shipped together. How ridiculous. I wanted 3 Eternia subs and 1 Ecto so I ordered them like that. The lady said I would have to order 3 Ecto subscriptions as well to get them all shipped together. I really didnt think Matty would be so stupid but I gave them a lot more credit.

I was really annoyed and just told the lady to do whatever she had to...so she canceled the Ecto from my original order and placed a new one so they'd ship separately. She was very nice about it, so I didnt want to fight with her.

I'm completely not shocked by this.

Sorry to hear about your frustration and additional shipping expense, though.

I noticed that nonsense myself when signing up for the subs back in August or whatever it was. I like how "they" offered the wonderful idea of combining the shipping on the subs....BUT yet they made you order the SAME amount of each in order to qualify for this.

I'm not even entirely sure that, that worked in their favor, so I'm not sure why they had it like that in the first place other then Matty being Matty. Speaking for myself, I *wanted* to at the least purchase more of one then another, but because of the way that they had it set up I just said F it and ended up ordering less.

Was it ever even discussed why you couldn't get different amounts of each and still get combined shipping at the time of the sale?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    The same thing happened to me.

I got two emails last week on the same day, January 4th, both with different numbers (they both started with 877-229-****). The first number I called, after a minute on hold, it would just disconnect. This happened about 5 or 6 times.

Then the second number I tried calling, I was on hold for about 30 minutes with no answer.

I was afraid I got bogus emails, so I called 877-GO-MATTY, got a representative, apparently an outsourced employee, who was very nice and said he had to check with the American office, so he put me on hold for a minute. He couldn't get through to them, and said I have to call back the next day during regular business hours since they were not open to explain what the problem was with the order.

I decided to call back the numbers from the emails one more time, and thankfully got through to the second number, and the rep was friendly and explained exactly what was mentioned. I had 2 Club Eternia subscriptions and 1 Club Ecto. They couldn't ship them together they said, so the rep had to cancel my Club Ecto, refund me, then put in a new order. I still hope this doesn't cause problems with my Club Eternia, it shouldn't, but who knows.

The mattycollector.com advertisements/explanations last summer were very misleading. In no way do I see where it is explained regarding the need to have the same amount of Club Ecto and same amount of Club Eternia to save on shipping. It's very frustrating. If I knew what I know now, I would have only gotten Club Eternia.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...2010_ClubPromo

Save When You Buy BOTH! Can’t decide between Masters of the Universe® Classics and Ghostbusters™? No need — you can have it all and save money when you buy both Club Eternia™ and Club Ecto-1 subscriptions! When they’re purchased together, they ship together, so you save on shipping costs. So smart, even Slimer™ can see it’s a great idea!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.202606700

•If you purchase more than one membership at the same time, all figures purchased in a single transaction are shipped together to the “ship to” address given at the time of purchase.

Heroic Warrior
    Yep same thing happened to me, I got together with a couple of friends to save on shipping, and now I told the guy I'd call back after checking into it. I just can't fathom paying shipping charges 3 times in one month for items available on the same sale date! One charge for my Club Eternia subs, one for my Club Ecto, and one for any extra purchases (Oh I don't know maybe the Palace Guards?, Some DCUC product?, Any # of re-releases?). This is the 1st time for the sub(s) for me, and it already seems to be a bit more of hassle than it should be, and the options Mattel/Digital River are offering for their mistake just blow my mind. Choices: Cancel subs or seperate them? I just don't get how hard this can really be???

wow...this is just dumb.

I am even MORE thankful I didn't want the GB sub now more than ever and am glad I never got into that line. the GB line has to be my biggest disappointment in a toyline since the cancellation of the NECA TMNT line
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

hope this doesn't happen to me i have 1 of each sub . if i comes down to it i will cancel my GB one

maybe i'm not understanding, but it sounds as if dr told you how to get combined shipping (ie, that you could only get combined shipping if you ordered a certain number of each) and you decided that they were wrong and you would get combined shipping anyway? and now you're mad?

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    maybe i'm not understanding, but it sounds as if dr told you how to get combined shipping (ie, that you could only get combined shipping if you ordered a certain number of each) and you decided that they were wrong and you would get combined shipping anyway? and now you're mad?
    Reading Fail!

They are stating that it was never explained in the beginning that you have to buy an equal number of subscriptions for the combined shipping to work.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

It was the way that they had it set up on the site that was VERY misleading I'd have to admit. I happened to understand what they were doing and could tell from the way that they had it set up on the site that you HAD to order the same amount of each to qualify for the combined shipping, BUT it NEVER actually stated it.

They essentially had two boxes up top in which you could order separate amounts of each, but then only ONE below if you wanted both.

It never said anything on the site in regard to the matter if you actually wanted different amounts of each sub. but still wanted to combine the shipping what you should do, or had an option for that.

It just had the two boxes up top for the individual subs. and the one down below if you wanted both.

Like I said before, the box down below was really poorly thought out as it was inevitable that people would want different amounts of each at the combined shipping rate and yet there was NO option for it.

You would think that "if" everything was made on the SAME purchase that this shouldn't be a problem no? Well..as we can see it was.

That said, I think that's where people got confused because they knew that shipping was to be combined. So, they just selected the boxes up top instead of the one down below as THAT box would give them an identical amount of each subscription, something they obviously didn't want.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; January 10, 2011 at 10:23pm.

This is from another user on another message board:

Quote Originally Posted by Other guy on another board
    So, did anyone else get this e-mail from MattyCollector today? (Potential tl;dr warning.)

Quote:
    Important Change Required For Your 2011 Subscription Order

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

Due to the nature of the renewing subscriptions, your 2011 subscription order cannot be fulfilled in its current status. We need to speak
    with you to correct this issue prior to January 14th, 2011.

Please call 877-229-3769 to speak to a representative to have your order corrected. Representatives are available 24 hours a day. Please reference your Subscription Order, xxxxxxxxxx, when you call.

Sincerely,

MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service
    mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com

Some problems with this e-mail. First, I hadn't contacted them. Second, I'm not "renewing" a subscription, as I didn't have a 2010 one. And third, the number they gave was a fax machine! So, I tried calling the regular number (877-GO-MATTY), but gave up after 20 minutes on hold. A little while later, I got the same e-mail again, but with a new phone number: 877-229-3743. That one actually worked.

After I gave my order number, the rep tells me that the MOTUC and Ghostbusters subscriptions I ordered are not going to be able to ship together, and that I'll therefore have to either agree to pay separate shipping charges or cancel one/both of the subs. I point out that the Matty site specifically said (and still does!) that if both subs were ordered, they'd ship together resulting in cost savings. She basically says, "Nope," and puts me on hold.

I fume for a couple minutes and double-check the site. Yep, the news post from July is still there, stating that shipping would combine. She comes back on the line and says, "Oh, well actually we can just change your order to the 'combo' subscription and they'll ship together." ... Bwuh? I say, "That's what I ordered: both subs." She tells me there was a separate listing for the combo subscription, and that ordering that one is the only way for them to ship together. (I'd swear that combo item wasn't there when I placed my order.) At any rate, she canceled my original order and set one up for the combo sub.

And now I'm nervous that this'll screw everything up and I'll be calling and fighting with Matty every month this year.

So if anyone else ordered one of each sub and not the combo, be prepared for the weird e-mail. (And you might want to call them even if you don't get the e-mail.)
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Why is anyone still surprised anymore? Matty would screw up boiling water.
    My B/S/T

My feedback

Did you know that Mattel is trying to kill Teh Lien??

That was pretty much me last week as well. Very very annoyed by the whole thing.
    What was the purpose of having the option of having both subs bundled into one, and it not be shipped together!?!!? *shakes fist*

Yes, this is happening to a few people, myself included.
    And it's totally unacceptable.
    Just to make an example, this is going to cost me around an extra $500 this year, between extra shipping and custom fees.

This is screwing customers big time.
    We talk at lenght about this issue in the next Roast Gooble Dinner Episode, I hope Mattel is listening too.

Yep, I got the same e-mail.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't even order on the 1st day I had to talk to my friends about combining orders then checking to see how orders were going to ship together. I remember reading as long as all the subs are ordered together they would ship together, and now 2 whopping options from a mistake on their parts. I mean you have guaranteed sales and yet you are willing to throw them away? When customers obviously want your product? I think they won't be losing any business from me because my friend said he wanted his Ghostbusters sub and would pay for it, but it still costs me more when we were splitting the shipping and to have 3 orders from the same place for the same sale date seems more than ridiculous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Yes, this is happening to a few people, myself included.
    And it's totally unacceptable.
    Just to make an example, this is going to cost me around an extra $500 this year, between extra shipping and custom fees.

This is screwing customers big time.
    We talk at lenght about this issue in the next Roast Gooble Dinner Episode, I hope Mattel is listening too.

This is what I was going to post about in the "fan relations" thread for Scott (I may still). This is the type of thing where Mattel/Digital River screws fan relations, I think Scott does an awesome job as far as fan interaction.
    Last edited by cbomb23; January 11, 2011 at 05:26am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I got the same email last week. I have 1 Club Eternia/Ecto combo sub and an extra Club Eternia sub. It was about 25 minutes I was on the phone for, and I am an International caller so that is going to cost me. I had to cancel and then resubmit the second Club Eternia sub.

I am going to speculate that this will be the last year of Ghostbusters and it will move over for the Back to the Future line

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It happened to me as well (though in my case I was actually kind of glad about it).

Back in late July/early August (whenever it was that these subs went on sale), I ordered 1 of the combined MOTUC/Ecto-1 subs, and 1 additional MOTUC-only sub all in the same order.

Pretty much since the start of the MOTUC line, I had been opening 1 of each figure (sometimes more in the case of certain figures with 2 heads) and keeping 1 MOC. So, I had ordered the extra MOTUC sub for that reason.

But even at the time that I did that, I was at a point where I was questioning if I wanted to keep doing that, and since then I decided to only get 1 of everything to open and only get extras of certain items to keep MOC.

So, at that point I kind of wished that I hadn't gotten the extra sub, since I would have to try to sell off the vast majority of the duplicate items, save for the one or two that I might actually want the extra of. I'd rather just have to try to manually order extra of the few items that I will actually want more than 1 of (and if I miss out in doing so, at least I still get the 1 from my sub).

A few weeks back I even called up the customer service/escelation department to see if there was any way to get the extra sub canceled, but at the time they said no because of the no sub cancelation policy.

But then last week I got this email about the subs. I called, was told that they couldn't ship them together and they would have to ship separately. I asked if I could just cancel the extra MOTUC sub and keep the one combined sub, and they said yes, and made the changes. Hopefully it all goes off without a hitch and the figures ship correctly with no problems.

So, for me, in this one instance, DR's screw ups actually worked out in my favor.

But none the less, it is pretty stupid that they can't combine shipping on these things, and I fully understand the frustration of those who either had to cancel part of their orders that they wanted to keep, or have to pay separate shipping just to get all of the items that you want. There really is no good excuse for this.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; January 11, 2011 at 08:07am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I got the same email last week. I have 1 Club Eternia/Ecto combo sub and an extra Club Eternia sub. It was about 25 minutes I was on the phone for, and I am an International caller so that is going to cost me. I had to cancel and then resubmit the second Club Eternia sub.

I am going to speculate that this will be the last year of Ghostbusters and it will move over for the Back to the Future line
    I too had to deal with this issue. I had one club eternia and 1 combo sub. I was told I had to seperate them and pay double shipping. In the end, I too opted to cancel the combo sub and get a just a second club eternia sub.

I wonder how many Ghostbusters sales are actually being lost due to this issue with Digital River. Perhaps if there are enough lost sales because of this, maybe Mattel will finally do something about digital river.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Reading Fail!

They are stating that it was never explained in the beginning that you have to buy an equal number of subscriptions for the combined shipping to work.
    i think i mixed the op with riddles reply. my bad.

Anyway, i recall reading that you had to order equal ecto/eternia subs when they went on sale.

here's the sale page:

and here's the combined sale page:

it is somewhat confusing, but it does say (twice):

Other figures purchased outside the membership (JLU, additional MOTU, etc.) are charged and shipped separately.

Other figures purchased outside the membership (MOTU, additional Ghostbusters™, etc.) are charged and shipped separately.
    Last edited by EldestSon; January 11, 2011 at 08:53am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I still it's totally misleading.
    It never says clearly that if you buy multiple subscription at once (which is what we've been asked to do) they can't be shipped together.
    I read those lines as just informing us that if we buy additional products the month they are sold, they can't be shipped with the subscription items.
    And I woulnd't blame anyone for reading exactly the same in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I still it's totally misleading.
    It never says clearly that if you buy multiple subscription at once (which is what we've been asked to do) they can't be shipped together.
    I read those lines as just informing us that if we buy additional products the month they are sold, they can't be shipped with the subscription items.
    And I woulnd't blame anyone for reading exactly the same in them.
    Exactly.

Neither of those notes have anything to do with items within the subs. It is simply referring to separate shipping charges when buying items separately from the subs.

And when clicking on the link to the descriptions of the subs, at no point in there does it say that there is any restriction on how many of each sub, or in what configuration/ratio you have to order them to make sure that everything is shipped together with one shipping charge.

Further more, before I even placed my order for the two different types of subs, I actually asked the question on the Matty forums if it would be possible to buy 2 different types of subscriptions (in my case the combined MOTU/GB one and then a just-MOTU one) in the same order and have them ship together or if they would have to be purchased separately, and I was specifically told by one of the mods there (which was relaying what they had been told) that they would ship together and that they shouldn't be ordered separately.

So, despite the fact that things worked out in my favor in my case since I changed my mind as to how many subs I wanted, this is still an all around screw up on Mattels part. At no point was it EVER specified that trying to comebine different types of sub would cause a problem (in fact, we were told the exact opposite).

i think i mixed the op with riddles reply. my bad.

Anyway, i recall reading that you had to order equal ecto/eternia subs when they went on sale.

here's the sale page:

and here's the combined sale page:

it is somewhat confusing, but it does say (twice):
    Where does it say you have to order equal numbers of each? It says when you buy both, they ship together. I bought both and they should ship together. It also says when they are purchased together, they ship together. All 4 subs were purchased together in the same order. I got one order confirmation number and was charged once...which means they were bought and purchased together. I think a lot of matty complaints are a bit ridiculous and often unfounded but not this time. And to defend them is foolish, IMO. Multiple items all added to the cart in one order with one charge and one confirmation are BOUGHT and PURCHASED TOGETHER. Its as simple as that.

It says nothing about equal quantities of both. And if it was a problem, why did it take them more than 5 months to inform us about it?

These are seperate items:

Club Ecto
    Club Eternia
    Combined Club Ecto/Club Eternia

given that, this statement may clear it up:

Can’t decide between Masters of the Universe® Classics and Ghostbusters™? No need, because when you buy your Club Eternia™ and Club Ecto-1 subscriptions together, they ship together so you save on shipping costs!

These are seperate items:

Club Ecto
    Club Eternia
    Combined Club Ecto/Club Eternia

given that, this statement may clear it up:
    It still doesn't specifiy that you HAVE to select the combo option to get it. It just seemed to be billed as a simpler way of ordering both, if you wantedc the same amount of both.

And again, for people who wanted them in different amounts (2 MOTUCs and 1 GB, or something similar), it was never specified that they couldn't do it. And again, when specifically asking about these things on the MATTY forums, people were told that they COULD put them in one order.

So, it was never made clear that there would be a problem, and when the question specifically came up, people were told that it would NOT be a problem.