Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Vikor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Vikor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Two in one night! Woo! Now I gotta get ready for the holidays!

Merry Christmas!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    thumbs up, good review.
    Does Galactus fart?

Great (& funny) review. Love the figure!

But still the same problem with hard capes & shield attachment!? Jezuz.

Still, I've found the shields I have attach well if you clip them to the actual hand. Not sure if this'll work for Vikor.

Cheers.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I agree with your views on the Star Wars Concept figures. For a bit there, they were the only Star Wars figures I was buying (or trying to buy). I LOVE concept figures. This is certainly one of the best in that category. I'm so glad he's part of the sub. I do not wana miss this guy.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Really looking forward to Vikor! Great review as usual PD.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Right!Right! Awesome!!!
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Eamon just has to get in on everything, huh?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Vikors looking cool, not to fussed about the slight articulation problem as he still moves enough for my needs. I like the idea of a viking character, ignoring him being a 'he-man' though lol. Think I'll clip his shield on the other way around though, looks odd to me having his hand sticking out of the end of it.

Very nice review.
    He looks awesome.

Too bad about the loose shield, though.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    While he is growing on me a little, Vikor is still one I'm not particularly interested in. While I like the idea of getting new unreleased characters, (I was ecstatic about getting a He-Ro figure even if his new bio stinks) I don't particularly care for this one.

Maybe it's because I don't like Pre-Filmation elements. Or maybe it's because this guy is simply a He-Man variant and thus I feel should not be a monthly character. You could say with the subscription being all in now that it makes little difference, but then again the result is multiple He-Man variants instead of more individual characters. Again while it wasn't the only factor, this was a major reason for 20XX's premature end.

I don't object to concept art characters being made, I just wish they would do what Star Wars did and acknowledge them as concept characters and not force them into the continuity thus changing what I know and love.

I will say the figure is very well sculpted and detailed. Aside from the over ridged cape. This is one of the reasons I actually like cloth capes for figures.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Did he have the new ankle joint?
    What's it like?

Can't wait for this figure!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I cannot wait for my Conan figure to arrive.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm really excited about this new character. The human characters have always been my favorites. I hope they continue to bring in more as time goes on with the line.

Good job, PD.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; December 23, 2010 at 08:24pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Lord of Destruction, you can still enjoy what you love! Just because in the Classics canon there are things you don't like, you do not have to cease enjoying the toyline. I love all the bios so far, but if you don't, you are free to ignore them. If you get toys you do not want, sell them, I guess. I love the variations, although Vikor really isn't one...

Just my thoughts and opinions, though...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    Yes!!!! I've been waiting for this review ever since he was revealed at sdcc. Simply amazing figure.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Although I like (or at least, appreciate) all areas of the MOTU world, it is the pre-Filmation era and concept stages that I love. As such, I already know Vikor will be one of my favourite MOTUC figures.

He looks awesome.

If I had to pick one minor niggle, I'd like face to be tougher and meaner looking - it looks a little too "innocent" and young. But that's a very small gripe, and overall, I'm so excited about this guy.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

what about the new hidden ankle joint?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    At first when Vikor was unveiled I was like "who?"..."what?". Now after the pics slowly seeped onto the internet and now with this review I'm sold on him. Love the PoG sticker, the design, sculpt, and accessories (especially the chains and rusty-look weapons). I'm even not a Conan fan that much at all either, but I'm as big a MOTU fan as they come and I just have to have Vikor. He does have great importance as a character/figure imo being the concept that he was to the original line. I'd rather he faced Gygor rather than "Oo-Larr" though.

Anyways, another sweet lol-worthy review, Pixel D. You got me with the "VIK OR, VIK ORR" ala the classic commercials as well as your trademark "Brit ish right right" that you throw in every so often with the Eamon pic.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; December 23, 2010 at 09:11pm.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    what about the new hidden ankle joint?
    I didn't even notice any difference. I just started playing with him again. Comparing him to He-Man, the joint does look a tad different, but operates the same way. There is no extra movement. However, it does seem to lock in place when placed in the general standing pose. And they are nice and not...not at all loose.

As usual, I love all of your reviews Dan, but adding a hilarious pic of Eamon made this video extra special.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Thanks for the review! I was wondering about the ankle. I'm glad it seems to lock into place. The figure looks great. I'm not overly exited about Vikor but I do like the idea of concepts and he's growing on me. Bring on the new year and more awesome MOTUC!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Cool review, but I can't believe that you made no mention of the new ankle joint. And, to a lesser, degree, the point on the shield.

He is amazing!! Together he-man and Battle-cat the best figure so far(IMO of course)!!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    Nice review, though from a lot of the stuff mentioned, I'm less interested in the figure now...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Cool review, but I can't believe that you made no mention of the new ankle joint. And, to a lesser, degree, the point on the shield.
    Ankle joint mentioned in a few posts above yours. I didn't talk about it in the vid, simply because I didn't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    As usual, I love all of your reviews Dan, but adding a hilarious pic of Eamon made this video extra special.
    I'm still waiting for Eamon to see it!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; December 23, 2010 at 10:44pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost