Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Vikor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I didn't even notice any difference. I just started playing with him again. Comparing him to He-Man, the joint does look a tad different, but operates the same way. There is no extra movement. However, it does seem to lock in place when placed in the general standing pose. And they are nice and not...not at all loose.
    but the joints themselves on the sides are hidden right? that's what i think is cool. anytime a company can hide a point of articulation without changing said articulation, it's a plus. and it sounds like they improved their often criticized "loose" ankles in the process. can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    As usual, I love all of your reviews Dan, but adding a hilarious pic of Eamon made this video extra special.
    And extra creepy.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Lord of Destruction, you can still enjoy what you love! Just because in the Classics canon there are things you don't like, you do not have to cease enjoying the toyline. I love all the bios so far, but if you don't, you are free to ignore them. If you get toys you do not want, sell them, I guess. I love the variations, although Vikor really isn't one...

Just my thoughts and opinions, though...!
    Oh I do still enjoy the toyline and I do ignore the bio information I don't like. But under it there's still the fact that the cannon is being altered and just because I ignore it doesn't change the fact that it has happened. Any new media (a new cartoon) will more than likely follow the new altered canon. Any new fans that come aboard will regard the new current storyline as the official one and the classic story that I love gets lost in the shuffle.

It's like with GI Joe and Storm Shadow. As I've said several times I grew up with Storm Shadow as a Joe, a hero, and one of my favorites. Sure I knew that he was a bad guy at the very start but the story I knew said he was never actually evil and just working undercover as part of a revenge plan. Then all of the sudden Hasbro makes him a totally evil jerk and throws all the great story I knew and loved out the window. All new media depicts him as an a-hole and the hero I knew and loved is no more.

It's not as bad with MOTUC since the figures still look like their classic styles (all new Storm Shadow figures are dressed in Cobra garb) but I just fear that one day it will no longer be the mythos I'm a fan of.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Nice review Really like his rusty weapons .... annoying his shield doesnt really clip on like the one from the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    If I had to pick one minor niggle, I'd like face to be tougher and meaner looking - it looks a little too "innocent" and young.
    I thought this too! But anyway, its a cool fig overall.

I'm very pleased to be getting Vikor! Something new (or Conan-ish) is a welcome addition for me!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Dan - another great review. I wish you did show the new ankles, but overall I am very anxious to this guy in my collection. January is gonna be great start for the new sub. I only wish we knew what this new ordering system was going to be like as those palace guards are going to be a ***** to get along with extras of Conan.

i REALLY love this NOT conan figure lol.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Oooooo! You're gonna get it next gooble dinner!

I love this one. His helmet will be removeable on mine... I wanna see if I can swap his head out with the ol' H-Meister.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

another awesome review dan! ...

and i love the eamon pop-up picture! (reminded me of the mortal kombat game!) ...

in terms of the figure itself, i really like this one ... i think i will display him without his cape though ...

my only negative is that vikor should not be written into the motuc canon, he should be acknowledged and released as a concept figure seperate from the motuc storyline ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Widget
    Fantastic review, Dan, (as always). Really enjoy the sneak peeks and getting a taste of the figure before before he goes on sale.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    and i love the eamon pop-up picture! (reminded me of the mortal kombat game!) ...
    toooooasssttyyyy!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The more I see of this figure, the more I want it.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Just to point out, VeeBee of the fwoosh saus his shield clips on fine on his Vikor.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Vikor looks amazing. He'll be one of the ancient Warrior Kings of Eternia as mentioned in one of the Filmation shows in my canon!

Another great review Dan!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the review. Im not excited at all with this figure, nice bio though; but, he is welcome to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    but the joints themselves on the sides are hidden right? that's what i think is cool. anytime a company can hide a point of articulation without changing said articulation, it's a plus. and it sounds like they improved their often criticized "loose" ankles in the process. can't wait.
    Seconded!

Dan - have you switched Vikor & He-Man parts around? If so, do you have any pictures?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    YAY! He-Man from the North, but wasn't there a blue powersword with the figure?
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

Yaaaaay!!!!! That was the review of the year that!! Because of the figure now you understand!

I am chomping at the bit for the FRAZETTA figure!

I repeat, it's a Frazetta figure rather than a Conan figure.
    Conan looked quite different before Frazetta painted him.
    This whole look comes squarely from Frazetta! Mark Taylor was inspired by Frazetta rather than Conan.
    When the boxarts were comissioned, they were briefed to make it look like Frazetta rather than Conan.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marwarscreator View Post
    YAY! He-Man from the North, but wasn't there a blue powersword with the figure?
    Toyguru said the blue sword in the Weapons Pak goes with Vikor.

Great review. Even though I've never been a big Conan fan and much prefer He-Man's design, I've wanted a Vikor since I first saw the prototype sketch. This figure looks great. I love his furry "cape". I also appreciate that ToyGuru & his "bio buddies" made Vikor a part of MOTUC canon rather than just saying "Prototype He-Man" on the package. It's also kinda cool that we're going to begin 2011 with the "original He-Man".

Now when are we going to get the "He-Man Of The South"???

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Oh I do still enjoy the toyline and I do ignore the bio information I don't like. But under it there's still the fact that the cannon is being altered and just because I ignore it doesn't change the fact that it has happened. Any new media (a new cartoon) will more than likely follow the new altered canon. Any new fans that come aboard will regard the new current storyline as the official one and the classic story that I love gets lost in the shuffle.

It's like with GI Joe and Storm Shadow. As I've said several times I grew up with Storm Shadow as a Joe, a hero, and one of my favorites. Sure I knew that he was a bad guy at the very start but the story I knew said he was never actually evil and just working undercover as part of a revenge plan. Then all of the sudden Hasbro makes him a totally evil jerk and throws all the great story I knew and loved out the window. All new media depicts him as an a-hole and the hero I knew and loved is no more.

It's not as bad with MOTUC since the figures still look like their classic styles (all new Storm Shadow figures are dressed in Cobra garb) but I just fear that one day it will no longer be the mythos I'm a fan of.
    I agree with you about Hasbro(and Storm Shadow in particular) but I feel Mattel has a long way to go before they "damage" their franchises the same way I feel Hasbro has done with theirs. Even MYP's MOTU toon, which I did not like, was pretty reverential of past MOTU canon unlike pretty much every post Sunbow cartoon for G.I. Joe or Transformers(although Beast Wars at least attempted to continue the franchise rather than just ignoring the past).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Just to point out, VeeBee of the fwoosh saus his shield clips on fine on his Vikor.
    Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Now when are we going to get the "He-Man Of The South"???
    Dare I say Ice Armor He-Man? Hmm, a new character, or a new variant?
    No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Good to know!

Dare I say Ice Armor He-Man? Hmm, a new character, or a new variant?
    As much as I always rag on the 2002 era, I definitely want that as either a variant or a new character.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    toooooasssttyyyy!

that's the one!! haha! ... awesome! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I agree with you about Hasbro(and Storm Shadow in particular) but I feel Mattel has a long way to go before they "damage" their franchises the same way I feel Hasbro has done with theirs. Even MYP's MOTU toon, which I did not like, was pretty reverential of past MOTU canon unlike pretty much every post Sunbow cartoon for G.I. Joe or Transformers(although Beast Wars at least attempted to continue the franchise rather than just ignoring the past).
    Who says it's damage? You still have RAH. IDW, Renegades, Resolute and the movie Joes are all alternate universes. With Transformers, Sunbow G1, IDW G1, Marvel G1, Dreamwave G1, Bayformers, Animated, Prime--all of those continuities don't erase what's come before.

Keeping the brand relevant with regular reboots might be something that MOTU will have to do in order to keep the brand out there.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Sweet figure and review!
    What if the helmet on Grayskulls door resembles Vikors helmet as a tribute?

The Grayskull Castle in the intro is AWESOME.
    I love the skullshape and the hugh size of the castle.

Who made it? Is there more art?