Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lizard Man

Lizard Man

I'm interested in fans views. So far all male MOTUC have basically shared the same body buck.

If Mattel ever acquire the Filmation rights and made a Lizard Man figure, would he use the standard MOTUC buck or a new, slim/skinny buck?

Personally, I think a Lizard Man made of the standard bulky MOTUC body would look a bit strange.

Maybe Lizard Man could share a slim (and scaled) body buck with Saurod? Or maybe even one of Modulok's torsos?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    If Mattel ever acquire the Filmation rights and made a Lizard Man figure, would he use the standard MOTUC buck or a new, slim/skinny buck?
    I'm pretty sure they'd use the standard buck, if we follow their reasoning for the look of the figures so far. Had Lizard Man had a toy in the vintage line, they probably would have made him just as beefy as Kobra Khan, and logically the MOTUC version would be equally buff. Not to mention that there probably isn't enough demand for Lizard Man to justify tooling a whole new buck. I expect Saurod (and Lizorr) to use the scaly Whiplash torso, so there wouldn't be anything novel to reuse.

As for Modulok, we can only speculate how they'll do him. He only had one chest though.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Maybe Lizard Man could share a slim (and scaled) body buck with Saurod? Or maybe even one of Modulok's torsos?
    You hit the nail on the head! I believe if they ever get the rights to him, he should definitely share Modulok's body. That is exactly what I used for my vintage 80's custom, and he looked perfect.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    You hit the nail on the head! I believe if they ever get the rights to him, he should definitely share Modulok's body. That is exactly what I used for my vintage 80's custom, and he looked perfect.
    I would like to see that custom.
    Does Galactus fart?

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar

I think Lizzor and Saurod could get away with the standard buck- in fact, I think it's make them look all the more threatening...

But Lizard Man isn't domineering at all and would need a thinner body. If they do create Modulok with one (as they did with the classic Modulok figure) then it could definitely be used for Lizard Man... Or even a 'teenage' buck which ToyGuru has alluded to on a few occasions...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I think Lizzor and Saurod could get away with the standard buck
    yeah - i agree ... saurod in particular would be fine like this, and would just need some cool body-armour! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Seeing that we could use the skinny buck for young Adam or any other skinny character that they may want to make, I wouldnt mind if Lizard Man had a skinny buck. I wouldnt mind him with the regular buck either, but it would be nicer skinny in my opinion.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well, maybe he could share a skinnier buck with sssqueeze: the vintage toy was slim compared to the standard buck, if i remember well.

this is for a general idea of how he could be made using existing parts:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(custom by: SuperDuperMasterBlaster; source: planeteternia.de)
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; December 27, 2010 at 04:11pm.

It's plausible that Lizard Man could share a buck with a young Prince Adam figure. Modulok could share this upper torso as well.

I wouldn't rule out Lizard Man working with a build like classic Rattlor, with a big torso and smaller legs. Truth is, I'll take him any way Classics wants to render him. The objective for me is just establishing a character like him in plastic and cementing him in the mythos again.
    Last edited by gbagok; December 27, 2010 at 05:07pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I think if they were to make a small male buck & body they could reuse it for several other figures. Like young Prince Adam, Keclar, Hexon, Kobolds or Wizard Warlocks. There has got be a few more uses for other characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I may be in the minority on this, but I would like to see Lizard Man re-imagined into a more powerful Master... someone actually worthy of the title Masters of the Universe.
    Look at what they did with Evilseed... something similar to that for LIzard Man would be great!!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Do you guys think the female buck could be used. He is skinnier and always looked slimmer when next to the other masters...
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Oh, Pardon me miss....!? Oh my mistake you are a lizard man. Uh from your build I thought.... uh yeah. never mind. I'm going to walk over there now.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Oh, Pardon me miss....!? Oh my mistake you are a lizard man. Uh from your build I thought.... uh yeah. never mind. I'm going to walk over there now.
    "Hey sexy, how you doin'?" "Oh, it's you, Lizard Man, sorry." *walks away slowly*
    Does Galactus fart?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I think if they were to make a small male buck & body they could reuse it for several other figures. Like young Prince Adam, Keclar, Hexon, Kobolds or Wizard Warlocks. There has got be a few more uses for other characters.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Even though there are going to be certain characters that have to have a custom buck, like Ram-Man, I don't believe Lizard Man is one of them. He will use a "slimmer" buck that will, in turn, be used for other characters - including those from NA, PoP, as well as Filmation....
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Even though there are going to be certain characters that have to have a custom buck, like Ram-Man, I don't believe Lizard Man is one of them. He will use a "slimmer" buck that will, in turn, be used for other characters - including those from NA, PoP, as well as Filmation....
    Okay, who are these "other characters" from NA & PoP? Bow's coming imminently, and he uses the standard buck:
    • You've listed Filmation separately, and thus we leave the Filmation She-Ra 'toon out of the equation (most of the non-extras men there shared a build with He-Man/Adam anyway) - so who exactly are the "other characters" from PoP that could use ANY male buck? There's only a couple of minicomic dregs that are pretty low down the priority list, and even those would probably share the He-Man/Bow build.
    • As for NA, Mattel's stated objective is to use the standard MotUC male bucks for as many as they can (any that don't require a one-off custom buck, essentially), of which Optikk is a preview, being as he is the standard buck with his torso rendered as "armour" with glued-on bits over the He-Man buck; with pre-existing arms and legs.

However we get him, regular torso.. skinny torso.. I to would be thrilled with a Lizard Man figure!

I had forgotten about teen Adam and his possibility for providing a slim buck which could be used for Lizard Man (and others). The old wizard from the Man-E-Faces mini-comic could qualify for a slim figure. However I'd hope teen Adam was normal figure height cos I'd hate Lizard Man to be slim and short.

I guess Lizard Man could share the standard buck but I do think at some stage there will need to be character specific bodies.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I had forgotten about teen Adam and his possibility for providing a slim buck which could be used for Lizard Man (and others).... However I'd hope teen Adam was normal figure height cos I'd hate Lizard Man to be slim and short.
    Actually, from what Toyguru's said, an "in the Classics style" Young Adam buck will be shorter, but just about as muscled as the "Orko accessory" Adam.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So...Lizard Man.

What's the appeal with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Actually, from what Toyguru's said, an "in the Classics style" Young Adam buck will be shorter, but just about as muscled as the "Orko accessory" Adam.
    LOL!!! Muscular children like Robin and Bucky!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    lizard man is crazy cool. I think J-Sun has a 200x custom he did that looks amazing.

whatever we get, it will be SWEET, and all of the awesome new details will be NEW MODERN UPDATES, and we wont have to fight about 200x features that are not included, cause he isnt 200x!!!

all in all i wish filmation would say DO IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

Roid Rage TEEN ADAM!!

All jokes aside the Younger Adam shouldn't look like a kid taking steroids. and if they reuse that body for Lizard man, the hyper bulky MOTUC look wouldn't work that well with someone like Lizard man.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I think a moderately muscled younger/slimmer body will be fine. Not necessarily built, but toned well.

It could work for Young/200X Adam, Lizard Man, and some of the more civilian mini-comic characters, like...um...that kid from Double Edged Sword, whatshisname.

Still, I'll take Lizard Man however I can get him. Come on Filmation!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!