View Poll Results: What Was Your Introduction To The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1980's MOTU Toyline!!!

161 72.85%
  • DC's MOTU Comics!!!

0 0%
  • Star's MOTU Comics!!!

0 0%
  • Filmation's MOTU Cartoon!!!

48 21.72%
  • The Secret Of The Sword Movie!!!

1 0.45%
  • MOTU Live Action Movie!!!

0 0%
  • POP Toyline!!!

0 0%
  • POP Cartoon!!!

3 1.36%
  • NA Toyline!!!

0 0%
  • NA Cartoon!!!

0 0%
  • Commemorative MOTU Toyline!!!

0 0%
  • 2002's MOTU Toyline!!!

2 0.90%
  • MYP's MOTU Cartoon!!!

0 0%
  • MVC's MOTU Comics!!!

0 0%
  • MOTUC Toyline!!!

2 0.90%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

4 1.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Introduction To The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

Hybrid View

What Was Your Introduction To The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

We're all here due to our liking some part of the Masters Of The Universe franchise whether it be MOTU, POP, NA, or something else related. What was your introduction to the Masters Of The Universe franchise?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I was too young to actually remember which but it was either the original 1980s toyline or the Filmation He-Man cartoon. I'm pretty sure my first figure was Beast Man though. I distinctly remember his vivid colors and that white and blue face.

Definitely a vintage purist.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Even though Filmation became my canon of choice immediately after I saw my first episode, I had some of the vintage toys before the cartoon ever aired.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    It was the He-man and Webstor toys; they came with the Obelisk and the Clash of Arms mini comics.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I honestly don't remember which was first, it's either the toys or the Filmation cartoon.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

The Filmation cartoon was what got me interested in MOTU. Then I got He-Man and Skeletor for Christmas when I was 6. They were my very first action figures ever. It was through MOTU that I graduated out of Little People and Tonka trucks and into the world of action figures. But as much as I loved the toys, I have to acknowledge that it was the cartoon that got me into the toys.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

pretty sure i had a he man fig before i saw the 80s show but that long ago now i cant remember for sure, i do however remember breaking him trying to show my mum how his arms come off though lol ;( it was a very traumatic time
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I was too young to actually remember which but it was either the original 1980s toyline or the Filmation He-Man cartoon. I'm pretty sure my first figure was Beast Man though. I distinctly remember his vivid colors and that white and blue face.

yeah, same here. don't remember if i watched the cartoon first or had a toy first. i think my first figs were heman, skeletor, and beastman.

For me it was the toyline, I first saw Skeletor and was completely enthralled, and then Zodac. The rest is history!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Mine was the vintage line, but it kinda co-incided with the release of the Filmation cartoon series.

In 1983 I was five, in my first year at school, and I was just kinda becoming "aware" of this great new toyline, but not enough to know all about it or buy into it yet. I seem to recall that in the UK, originally only a couple of Filmation episodes (maybe about four) were shown initially, and my friend telling me about this great new cartoon series that was on.
    That made me look into the toyline, and save for my first figure (He-Man). The rest, as they say, is history.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

a Muppet of a man...
    I remember I had a vintage he-man and Battle cat when I first saw the cartoon, so the toys were the beginning for me. I wish I could remember what the exact first encounter was... did I just see it in the store? Toy commercial? Random gift?

Mysteries abound!

Elder Councilman

Same here; I was 3 at the time--it was 1985. I don't even remember the first Masters toys I got, or when I got Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain; I pretty much had them back as far as I can remember. Same with He-Man, Skeletor, Panthor, and Battle Cat.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Same here; I was 3 at the time--it was 1985. I don't even remember the first Masters toys I got, or when I got Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain; I pretty much had them back as far as I can remember. Same with He-Man, Skeletor, Panthor, and Battle Cat.
    Looks like we are on the same wavelength as I was also born in early 82. My earliest memories are MOTU, whether it was the Filmation cartoon or the original toyline...I don't know for sure.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

1980's MOTU toyline for me.

I was too young to actually remember which but it was either the original 1980s toyline or the Filmation He-Man cartoon.
    For me too. Voted other. My first Figure was Buzz Off, but if i did saw the cartoon first?

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    The premiere of the Filmation series was my “introduction”… I had seen the toys and other merch in stores but I wasn’t hooked until the cartoon.
    My younger brother and I watched the show at 3:30, my Mom came home at 6ish and asked if we’d like to go out for dinner. We were happy to go out because, it meant stopping to get a toy or coloring book or what have you before going to the restaurant….. We stopped at K-Mart and got He-man and Stratos…… The beginning of a lifelong obsession!

So...uhhh what are the 3 other votes? I read the thread and I don't see any explanations for those?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

So...uhhh what are the 3 other votes? I read the thread and I don't see any explanations for those?

Even though I try to put practically every conceivable option into each of my polls, I will still sometimes get someone who says their opinion wasn't covered. That's why I started putting "Other" into them, but it's not much use when the people who picked "Other" don't share(unless their introduction to MOTU was when they stole the toys from a kid they just mugged; then I could understand the silence).

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm pretty certain that I first came to know the property through Filmation's toon. I love it all though!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I still remember like it was yesterday some 28 years ago. when they first advertised the new Filmation show on TV. My mother actually sat down and watched it with me, I was hooked, never missed an episode. My first MOTU Christmas, and still to this day the best Christmas of my life. I received Castle Grayskull, He-man, Skeletor, Battle-cat, Panthor, Beastman, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Mer-man, Stratos, Evil-Lyn, Ram Man, Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops and the Wind Raider.

Once again the best Christmas of my life. I think it is impossible to top that. But hopefully 2011, getting 20 Horde Troopers will be a close 2nd.

Dang! I thought there might be more diversity to how we all got into MOTU/POP.

JOIN THE GROUP...

My introduction was the classic toy line.

I still remember getting He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Skeletor, and Mer-Man for my birthday and I didn't even know who the heck these characters even were.

Ironically my mother bought the figures on accident. I asked for Blackstar figures but she bought MOTU figures instead.

To this day I still blame my parents for my MOTU-addiction.
    Last edited by Bonehead; January 2, 2011 at 10:07pm. Reason: spell check

Widget
    My first was Stratos in the original line. I can still remember all these years later.

Quote Originally Posted by fcschipani View Post
    My first was Stratos in the original line. I can still remember all these years later.
    Me too!!! The store didn't have He-Man(I believe it was a K-Mart that is no longer standing anymore), so I got Stratos & Battle Cat. I would have always liked Stratos anyway(C'mon! He's a flying monkey man!), but his being my first MOTU toy will always make him special to me. I can't wait to get my hands on the Stratos VS Hawkman 2-pack since those are the colors my Stratos had!

JOIN THE GROUP...

80's action figures, from the very beginning.

My very 1st figure was Zodac followed shortly by Man-At-Arms.
    I can still remember the awe I experienced with Zodac & the fun I had with Him & the other figures I eventually got. To this day, Masters Of The Universe is one of the few things I have in this world to help maintain my sanity.
    I want my other half.