View Poll Results: What Was Your Introduction To The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1980's MOTU Toyline!!!

161 72.85%
  • DC's MOTU Comics!!!

0 0%
  • Star's MOTU Comics!!!

0 0%
  • Filmation's MOTU Cartoon!!!

48 21.72%
  • The Secret Of The Sword Movie!!!

1 0.45%
  • MOTU Live Action Movie!!!

0 0%
  • POP Toyline!!!

0 0%
  • POP Cartoon!!!

3 1.36%
  • NA Toyline!!!

0 0%
  • NA Cartoon!!!

0 0%
  • Commemorative MOTU Toyline!!!

0 0%
  • 2002's MOTU Toyline!!!

2 0.90%
  • MYP's MOTU Cartoon!!!

0 0%
  • MVC's MOTU Comics!!!

0 0%
  • MOTUC Toyline!!!

2 0.90%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

4 1.81%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Was Your Introduction To The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

My younger brother came back one day from shopping with a Faker figure in his hand, I was very intrigued, because I've never been into action figures aside from the Japanese Robots! However when I checked the opened package and the mini-comic book that was inside including the 8-back art, I was immediately hooked!
    The idea of fusing superheroes and super-villains in a medieval sword and sorcery setting with a sci-fi tech, was one of the most amazing things I've ever encountered back then...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    the 80ies toy line for me.... it was a few years till i saw the much disappointing cartoon..i did like the music from the toon..but thats about it.
    I love the Filmation music which is no surprise since Shuky Levy was involved and is pretty much the John Williams of 80's animation soundtracks.

I also think that the Filmation backgrounds were brilliant. As much as I liked MYP due to its actually storyline, Eternia looked too much like Earth. In the Filmation cartoon, you could immediately see that Eternia was an alien planet.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow...so many voted for the TOYLINE itself. I thought Filmation would have been the main introduction.
    You were duped into believing it from the VERY vocal minority here at the ORG!

Filmation and all that followed are revisionist history.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; January 29, 2013 at 09:21pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    I don't have a good recollection on my "introduction" to MOTU, but I have a good memory of seeing The Secret of the Sword at the cinema. In fact, it may have been the first ever movie that I saw at the cinema.

I have vague recollections of watching Filmation Princess of Power. I must have watched it as I knew who some of the characters were when I played with my step-cousins POP action dolls. I guess I also watched Filmation MOTU, but I don't ever recall watching an episode.

I guess that after the SOTS movie, the actual action figures were probably my biggest introduction to MOTU/POP. I don't think I could fully read at that age, so I don't have any memories of the mini-comics.