Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Eternia Towers Truce (the REAL reasons for the truce) Discussion

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Eternia Towers Truce (the REAL reasons for the truce) Discussion

I was at work today thinking about this while listening to It Figures.

What would be so bad that friggin' HORDAK would truce up with King Hssss and King Grayskull, instead of teaming up with Hssss to wipe out Grayskull? Or Hordak team up with Grayskull to wipe out The Snake Men?

Was this merely a move to explore each other's weaknesses OR was there some new Pre-Eternian "Big Bad" that was so bad-ass that He-Ro, King Grayskull, King Hssss AND Hordak were shook by that we don't know about yet? I'm wondering about this because I can't see Hordak (I killed Callix for "bad counsel") deciding to put down the sword because there was too much bloodshed.

Discuss!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    That's a very interesting idea, and it does make sense. However, that would mean that a most monumental aspect of Eternian history is yet to be revealed. And it would have to be one hell of a threat for those three to feel the need to band together just to fight it.

I think what is hinted at is that at this point in Eternian history, all three were so evenly matched that it was like a mutual destruction pact, kind of like our Cold War of the 20th century. No open hostilities, but plenty of behind the scenes action. Perhaps the Three Towers even had a political meaning, much like the United Nations. I tend to favor this idea, rather than some massive threat that has been hitherto unknown, and left out.

Heroic Warrior
    I think they only had a truce because they wanted the power that could be accessed with the towers, and the only way to get it was to work together so they did while they had to and the moment it was over Hsss and Hordak were on each other or the good guys with some trick or other.

This is a point in Eternian history rich with possibility.

Perhaps a massive-level threat which together, the three armies could not defeat, be it Serpos gone rogue, Megator (doubtful), the dragons lead by Granymyr, or even Horde Supreme.

It could in fact be a political move as suggested above by B. Morningway. (Good idea!)

Possibly, the Towers were the very reason the truce was made, as they were fortold to have great power, with everyone intending to wrest control of them from the others.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the importance of the Towers as it is, and I am keen on learning more about their creation, their reason for being, and what exactly they were capable of.

Perhaps they were created independantly, and then united through the truce and charged with the power of each faction, though there exists some evidence that this is not the case.

The Towers I think go a long way toward showing that, while the Power of Grayskull came from the Sword of He, Eternia was already a significantly magical planet with its own considerable amount of power to be tapped.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Some good ideas. I know I find the idea of a truce amongst the Eternian powers a tad unbelievable unless there was some greater threat that was to emerge (like Sh'Gora ).

Sh'Gora! I wish! He would be one heckuva Large Scale Beast item to own.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Perhaps it had something to do with the spell of separation.

That was devastating on a global scale, and Hordak couldn't stop it on his own. Perhaps he participated in a truce as a way to get the Elders to help break the spell?

I don't know. I just don't ever see Hordak being in a truce after the way he was depicted in the myp toon and mvc comic.

Obviously he must have been, but I don't see why or how.

The Towers look like a symbolic truce between the Snake Men and the "Free People of Eternia." That I would buy, as they would have teamed up to rid Eternia of the Horde. But, we have Hordak saying he helped build the Central Tower.

The problem is that that works if Hordak had once been good and am Eternian elder or something (which is probably where they were going on the mini comic). But this new "story" has everyone in a truce... It's not well thought out. Where is the Horde Tower? There isn't one.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The great threat that forced all the factions together to have a hope of survival.....The rise of the demon goddess Shekotti, mystress of the living darkness that was beginning to spread throughout the land. Well that's who I would like it to be anyway. But I don't see it happning any time soon. :-((
    Last edited by Angel-T; January 1, 2011 at 03:02pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Shakoti would also be extremely awesome. Man, some great Filmation possibilities here. Maybe this is an example of Mattel leaving room for Filmation influence if/when they can do those characters (wishful, here).

Duke, I had thought of the Spell of Seperation as well, good idea-forgot to add it in my post.

Hm...I'm not completely up on my MotU lore. There are ideas I've had myself, mostly based on little things here and there. With my love of the mini-comics, I've often thought of Eternia as a place that was once super technological, but some cataclysim forced it into the dark ages. Perhaps something regarding that cataclysim came back? Maybe the Techno-Organic virus is involved with something from the past. So far the technological junk is showing up on dinosaurs 'n stuff, but it doesn't seem to effect them much beyond that. Perhaps the virus is something larger...only dormant. It can kill you, of course, but in general it seems to be adding technological components to organic matter but not really overtaking it. Maybe it's a nano-machine intelligence, and one of thier great battles upset an old control center buried deep underground, and it sparks life in the virus components once more, turning anything infected against you (dinos, trees, anything). The towers could be the ultimate in the opposite of technology - magic - to counteract the virus and blast it into (at least) dormacy again.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Interesting Alexx...maybe Sor-Tek was involved with that somehow...

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I've mentioned in several threads the possibility of a Unicron/Galactus/Thanos-with-Infinity-Gauntlet type threat to cause the different factions to ally and nobody ever responded to it...

There HAD to be a threat bigger than them all to cause such an alliance.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I've mentioned in several threads the possibility of a Unicron/Galactus/Thanos-with-Infinity-Gauntlet type threat to cause the different factions to ally and nobody ever responded to it...

There HAD to be a threat bigger than them all to cause such an alliance.
    You`re right : The Fighting Foe Men

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Interesting Alexx...maybe Sor-Tek was involved with that somehow...
    Oh yeah...forgot about Sor-Tek. He certainly is the perfect guy to put into this. What was his background? Can't remember, and I'm having a heck of a time tracking down a quick explaination.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I dont mean to drop the Techno-Virus in 2 threads(Snout Spout thread), but
    is it possible the threat/danger from the virus became uncontrolable and they called a truce, and built the towers? I dont really kno waht the Towers would do in that case-have some magical propeties to kill off the virus.

Or maybe the towers opened a portal to somewhere that would only open with the towers and the truce. But where does the portal lead and why do they need it? So you are still left with a major threat.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

What if it's something as simple as a time-traveling Skeletor?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

The nameless one that is mentioned in minicomics could be the big bad. The nameless one could have decided he was going to wipe out everyone, even those working for him etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    What if it's something as simple as a time-traveling Skeletor?
    true, this could be a cause for a truce.

As a kid I always thought Skeletor was the Nameless one since he probably wanted to hide his identity as well.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Elder Councilman
    Let's play devil's advocate, and say that they indeed formed a truce due a far greater threat.

There's one other threat I could think of besides the Fighting Foe Men: Demo-Man!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I have 2 major issues:
    #1- I just cant see Hordak having a truce just as stated Hordak (I killed Callix for "bad counsel"). Skeletor and Hiss i can understand like the mini comics but not hordak. He is too ruthless for a truce.

#2- I dont want the 3 Towers to turn into something more powerful or important then Castle Grayskull after all Grayskull has the hidden secerts everyone is fighting for.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Here's my reasons

1. It could have been the rise of the dragons led by Granymyr, hence why dragons were almost extinct.

2. OR we could just say the Unnamed One grew too powerful and they had to work together to bring him down.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well, lots of good ideas here.

i think the techno virus menace could be a good explanation for the truce (and many other aspects of the motuverse).
    so, trying to follow the pattern of the bios, this could be a way:
    1.horde supreme himself was infected by the same techno virus he used against he-ro, so, when
    he led the horde to eternia for the final battle against he-ro, the virus started spawning beyond his control, destroying
    a great part of his own army. eventually horde's field commander hec-tor kur had to call a truce to join the forces
    with rebels and snakemen to stop supreme.
    2.then the first two towers were built to channel magical power into the central tower,
    initially conceived as a kind of "prison" for horde supreme and the techno virus.
    3.he-ro defeated horde supreme and imprisoned him into the central tower, sacrifying his own life in the effort.
    4.before being imprisoned horde supreme was able to infuse an amount of his power (and techno virus) in the body
    of hec-tor kur, transforming him into hordak.
    5.hordak betrayed king hsss to gain time for himself to flew away and form a new army to come back with later and conquer
    eternia without the obstacle of the snakemen.
    6.the central tower became a kind of fortress of science were the virus was studied and made mostly unharming, becoming for
    centuries the source of eternian technology, untill...something went wrong again!

let me know what you think!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    What if the towers are some sort of herald for a cosmic event set up by none other than the Cosmic Enforcers to balance out good and evil in the universe? Maybe ever 5000 years the towers appear on Eternia to symbolize the start of the next Ultimate Battleground?

I just find it doubtful that the Horde, Grayskull's army and the Snake Men would just up and decide on day to get together and build something like the three towers.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    well, lots of good ideas here.

i think the techno virus menace could be a good explanation for the truce (and many other aspects of the motuverse).
    so, trying to follow the pattern of the bios, this could be a way:
    1.horde supreme himself was infected by the same techno virus he used against he-ro, so, when
    he led the horde to eternia for the final battle against he-ro, the virus started spawning beyond his control, destroying
    a great part of his own army. eventually horde's field commander hec-tor kur had to call a truce to join the forces
    with rebels and snakemen to stop supreme.
    2.then the first two towers were built to channel magical power into the central tower,
    initially conceived as a kind of "prison" for horde supreme and the techno virus.
    3.he-ro defeated horde supreme and imprisoned him into the central tower, sacrifying his own life in the effort.
    4.before being imprisoned horde supreme was able to infuse an amount of his power (and techno virus) in the body
    of hec-tor kur, transforming him into hordak.
    5.hordak betrayed king hsss to gain time for himself to flew away and form a new army to come back with later and conquer
    eternia without the obstacle of the snakemen.
    6.the central tower became a kind of fortress of science were the virus was studied and made mostly unharming, becoming for
    centuries the source of eternian technology, untill...something went wrong again!

let me know what you think!
    That would work for me.
    Very well thought out.
    I like it.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

I like the idea of an uneasy truce between the various groups and factions leading to the symbolic construction of the towers together.
    I would imagine there had already been a lot of 'working together' in terms of trying to out do other groups in battles and this lead to an eventual sit down. Whether a big bad was involved in forcing an alliance is cool with me either way. The importance for me is that there was a period of time that at least had the appearance of a truce.

Plus as per the mini comic I definitely see Hordak having a hand in their creation, making them an even more important strategic location:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...173&image=4845

As has been pointed out by others, I feel that there is tremendous potential for stories in a 'Cold War' era of MOTU history, with the facade of peaceful tolerance, but with lots of covert operations, spying and under the radar stuff going on too.

Heroic Warrior
    Why's Hordak getting all the doubt here??

What would make King Grayskull call a truce with the thing that ATE HIS BROTHER?!?!

I think Hiss was in decline as he used to be the ruler of the planet and now he had the horde and Grayskull wittling away his kingdom... and Hordak... I have no problem seeing him call a truce. As long as he knows he'll be betraying them later!!

Empires have long been a steady stream of truces and ending hostilities... Allowing cultures to have just enough freedom as long as they know who is REALLY in charge...

THe horde wouldn't be any different.