Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattycollector win a signed Fisto contest

Mattycollector win a signed Fisto contest

http://ow.ly/sZLYO

Cue meltdown that they still have Fistos in 3... 2... 1...
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

UGH...here we go...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I hope the winners are all subscribers who were screwed out of their original Fisto figures. It's nice when deserving people win something they actually need.

Looks like they only have 4 though. It's not like they had a whole case sitting in the warehouse. Personally this does not upset me, but I'm sure some people will still get angry (somebody always does). For all we know, these could have been donated from some Matty employees' personal collections.

Good to know that me as a customer is "important to Mattel".

Sad to know that I'm not important enough to be eligible for this contest.

Business as usual.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

why the heck would ToyGuru's signature mean a darned thing on this figure? wouldn't it be more (like, at all) appropriate that the 4H sign?

Don't worry to those who can't enter because they're not in the US - there's a second contest to win a signed Nepthu! They have about 200 of those. Signed by the Mighty Spector: your choice of a drawing of a one finger salute or for it to be inscribed with 'hahaha'.
    (Nb: this is a is joke)
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Court Magician
    I feel like the signature ruins the figure.

Hey, just be thankful it's not another horde of unsold Mer-man figures.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreak7 View Post
    I feel like the signature ruins the figure.
    Most signatures on toy packaging do.

Heroic Warrior
    How about they send the January 2013 figures to the fans who found Loo Kee at SDCC before they start another "fun contest"?

Ha.. I'm curious how many negative comments we'll get on this thread. Somehow giving away Fistos is bad I suppose. Sure it could be more than 4 since no one has him (apparently), but 4 is more than 0 Fistos being given away.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Just received that e-mail !

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    Looks like they only have 4 though. It's not like they had a whole case sitting in the warehouse. Personally this does not upset me, but I'm sure some people will still get angry (somebody always does). For all we know, these could have been donated from some Matty employees' personal collections.
    Quoted from the original article: "We convinced our marketing and design departments to part with four figures from their own personal collections." - Fisto Contest 1/27 – 2/6, Enter to Win a Signed Fisto™ Figure

So... for those thinking these were held back as a later incentive just to **** of those who missed out on the original release, this doesn't appear to be the case. Sometimes a tree is just a tree after all. Of course this still won't stop some from finding boogey creatures beneath their beds, but that's kind of how these things typically go.

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    This doesn't bother me but I do think that putting Fisto up for grabs again is just the makings of more bad PR for matty.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Quoted from the original article: "We convinced our marketing and design departments to part with four figures from their own personal collections." - Fisto Contest 1/27 – 2/6, Enter to Win a Signed Fisto™ Figure

So... for those thinking these were held back as a later incentive just to **** of those who missed out on the original release, this doesn't appear to be the case. Sometimes a tree is just a tree after all. Of course this still won't stop some from finding boogey creatures beneath their beds, but that's kind of how these things typically go.
    you mean you actually believe that PR line? there's no way that these figures came from "personal collections" of anybody at Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I hope the winners are all subscribers who were screwed out of their original Fisto figures. It's nice when deserving people win something they actually need.
    Why weren't these Fistos given to the people who had subscribed, and received Sorceress's in their Fisto box, and were then told there was no customer service stock? This is another thing to point against getting a subscription. Of course, if they made it clear they had a few more that WERE given to subscribers who did not receive one, then this would be great. But I am sure that would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    you mean you actually believe that PR line? there's no way that these figures came from "personal collections" of anybody at Mattel.
    You mean you DON'T believe them? There's no way that they're lying just because you said they are. On the other hand, there's no way they're NOT lying because I said they aren't! It's almost as if you should shut your mouth and not call people out for believing what's being said, am I right? HA! But what do I know? I'm only thoughtful and considerate.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    Sadly I think you just helped make the point mentioned in my second paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    You mean you DON'T believe them? There's no way that they're lying just because you said they are. On the other hand, there's no way they're NOT lying because I said they aren't! It's almost as if you should shut your mouth and not call people out for believing what's being said, am I right? HA! But what do I know? I'm only thoughtful and considerate.
    Now now, we'll not be suppressing any opinions here today Alexx.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Good catch. I totally missed that when I skimmed through it originally. Like you said, people will still have their conspiracy theories.

So first off, I will need to clean out all the non Mattel items from my display and then set the figures up to look really awesome, then maybe I can win. Sounds like a lot of work, but it will be worth it to get Scotts signature!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Battle Ram, Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Tung Lashor, Dragstor, Masks of Power Demons, Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

Heroic Warrior
    I enjoy the spirit of the contest.

But here's my guess:

The ones with the craziest collections HAVE FISTO. LOL

If I wanted Scott's autograph, I can find him at any con. He is always pleasant and would be nice enough to sign anything :-)

Again, maybe another contest (or prize) would be better. Maybe a free 2014 add-on sub or something if it happens?

I see nothing wrong with this,but the usual suspects will claim fowl.

I would have preferred a sorceress or even just heman though. Other than being hard to find and a great figure,fisto is nothing iconic in my opinion.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

While I do believe that they're all out of CS stock in terms of really fixing Fisto Gate and that these are just a few that were hanging around, out of ALL the figures that they could of done this with they chose Fisto?

Couldn't they of done it with ShadowWeaver or some thing? Fisto is the #1 debacle surrounding figure and they choose him?!?!

What a way to rub salt in to the wound. How do you make the decision to do that with THIS figure?? You can't make this stuff up!

**EDIT** Just saw that these were from the 4H collection.....Still....bad choice on what figure to do it with.