Thread: Loo-Kee in MOTUC Discussion

Hybrid View

Loo-Kee in MOTUC Discussion

I was curious to see how many fans would want a figure of this little guy. He would be a great pack in with one of the Pop figures and I think they could come up with a really great bio for him.

Heroic Warrior
    I actually want a figure of him. I still remember my sister having his original figure. I would have liked to have seen him released in MOTUC with Adora though because they are both very Filmation based, not to mention it would have been a good counter to the Adam and Orko set.
    Last edited by chudman1000; January 2, 2011 at 02:06am.

I was thinking that it would be cool if they did a pack with Loo-Kee, Kowl, and Madam Razz & Broom. I dont think they have the rights for all of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I was thinking that it would be cool if they did a pack with Loo-Kee, Kowl, and Madam Razz & Broom. I dont think they have the rights for all of them though.
    Yes this is EXACTLY what I was thinking. It would be a great way to get them all out without taking up any monthly slots. Most people who want one of these want all of them and I am certainly one of them as this would be my #1 most wanted set. So long as Kowl is in Filmation colors that is
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I honestly think Filmation Kowl should be packaged with Kowla (his girlfriend) and Red Eye (his evil cousin). They all use the same basic "owl" buck, so that would be money saving, probably the ONLY way we would get the other two and it could be $20 still!

I do want toy colours Kowl the most, though. He's an easy repaint. They could make a variant of the Owl set...or package him with Toy Colours Castaspella who they could make Allepsatsac, her evil cousin from the Golden Books (also, an easy repaint).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I honestly think Filmation Kowl should be packaged with Kowla (his girlfriend) and Red Eye (his evil cousin). They all use the same basic "owl" buck, so that would be money saving, probably the ONLY way we would get the other two and it could be $20 still!

I do want toy colours Kowl the most, though. He's an easy repaint. They could make a variant of the Owl set...or package him with Toy Colours Castaspella who they could make Allepsatsac, her evil cousin from the Golden Books (also, an easy repaint).
    Red Eye should be a Horde member IMO.

I absolutely want him. I want Loo-Kee and Kowl more than ANY other POP characters.

I never knew mattel made look-ee in the vintage line which someone said.
    I wish they would make him now though.

Heroic Warrior
    I've always hated all the 'cute mascot' characters of the 80's Whether it's Orko, or Snarf, or Spike... or anythign that is thrown in to be cute and not useful to the story...

Lo Kee is the worst of them all.. (I may be wrong, but...) I NEVER even SAW him in the story!! he was just a background thing that never even saw combat or moved plot... Even Orko and Snarf had their moments...

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    They should pack Loo-Kee in with Oo-Larr, and drive home the "all eras" point

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Lo Kee is the worst of them all.. (I may be wrong, but...) I NEVER even SAW him in the story!! he was just a background thing that never even saw combat or moved plot...
    You're wrong. See the eps with Loo-Kee in the title, like "Loo-Kee Lends a Hand" (a He-Man "crossover" ep).

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I've always hated all the 'cute mascot' characters of the 80's Whether it's Orko, or Snarf, or Spike... or anythign that is thrown in to be cute and not useful to the story...

Lo Kee is the worst of them all.. (I may be wrong, but...) I NEVER even SAW him in the story!! he was just a background thing that never even saw combat or moved plot... Even Orko and Snarf had their moments...
    but Spike later turned into a big Dragon, in later episodes or the movie, or something. Or are you talking about the Spike from Transformers, not My Little Pony?
    Does Galactus fart?

Agreed. Destroy the cuties.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I would love to have him in my collection!!

I would love to have him too!

It would be great to see him in a PoP little guy 3 pack with:
    - Imp
    - Kowl
    - Lookee

The three would easily fit into the standard MOTUC monthly slot packaging.
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

I would definitely love to have loo-kee. It's no surprise, hence my user name. I hope we get this little guy sooner than later.

It would be awesome to have him be a secret accessory, but I do want him to have a few points of articulation, head, neck, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees. I know that The Orko/Adam pack was $25, so I don't want Matty to include him as a secret accessory if that means jeopardizing points of articulation.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like a cool Lookee figure in my MOTUC collection, and I'd like him to look just like in the cartoon. Add some nice articulations to him, and he'd be perfect !

Meh. Any MOTUC toy of him will have to be better than the original toy. However, his basic design means he'll at best be like a really nicely articulated and sculpted Smurf figure, which isn't so much what I'm interested in. But hey, it's something for everyone with this line!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I'd like a cool Lookee figure in my MOTUC collection, and I'd like him to look just like in the cartoon. Add some nice articulations to him, and he'd be perfect !
    As I recall, his original toy was pretty close to the cartoon, but you're right in that he needs plenty of articulation to better help him hide in plain sight.

Quote Originally Posted by imonmywayup View Post
    I was beyond ecstatic when I saw this little guys figure for the SDCC contest and now I'm bummed beyond belief that there was no announcement for him :'(
    I'm sure he's on the way. That is just how corporate Mattel speaks. There were "no plans" for Nepthu a few days ago.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Well, I've said for years that Loo-Kee would almost have to come as a hidden surprise. I think he'll pop up packed into a figure in 2014 unannounced. If I were to wager a guess, I would suggest he'll come with The Unnamed One. Why? Because that figure is already "full of surprises". Folks like Pixel Dan and Fwoosh likely won't be receiving advance copies of this guy, so no need to open the box and take something out as they did with Horde Prime. But then again, it could be with anyone.

I'd love Loo-Kee to be the reason one of the slots is a $38 one. A $25 figure plus a $13 mini-figure would suit me down to the ground. (he'd suit Peekablue, IMO, as she is also a 'watcher' - which was ironically Loo-Kee's original name!).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

would people want him like Kowl sized or the over-sized version we say at SDCC.

personally, I'd prefer a small guy. I'd love him as a pack-in or as a monthly offering with Imp, filmation Kowl, and some twiggets.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    would people want him like Kowl sized or the over-sized version we say at SDCC.
    Oversized? I don't know if I'd call the SDCC one oversized. He was actually a little smaller than Kowl, I'd say.

IMAG0105.jpg