Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72

Thread: Loo-Kee in MOTUC Discussion

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,772

    Loo-Kee in MOTUC Discussion

    I was curious to see how many fans would want a figure of this little guy. He would be a great pack in with one of the Pop figures and I think they could come up with a really great bio for him.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    427
    I actually want a figure of him. I still remember my sister having his original figure. I would have liked to have seen him released in MOTUC with Adora though because they are both very Filmation based, not to mention it would have been a good counter to the Adam and Orko set.
    Last edited by chudman1000; January 2, 2011 at 02:06am.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    I was thinking that it would be cool if they did a pack with Loo-Kee, Kowl, and Madam Razz & Broom. I dont think they have the rights for all of them though.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior MaxGoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    299
    I absolutely want him. I want Loo-Kee and Kowl more than ANY other POP characters.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior hordedestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    147
    I never knew mattel made look-ee in the vintage line which someone said.
    I wish they would make him now though.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,805
    I've always hated all the 'cute mascot' characters of the 80's Whether it's Orko, or Snarf, or Spike... or anythign that is thrown in to be cute and not useful to the story...

    Lo Kee is the worst of them all.. (I may be wrong, but...) I NEVER even SAW him in the story!! he was just a background thing that never even saw combat or moved plot... Even Orko and Snarf had their moments...

  7. #7
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    They should pack Loo-Kee in with Oo-Larr, and drive home the "all eras" point

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Lo Kee is the worst of them all.. (I may be wrong, but...) I NEVER even SAW him in the story!! he was just a background thing that never even saw combat or moved plot...
    You're wrong. See the eps with Loo-Kee in the title, like "Loo-Kee Lends a Hand" (a He-Man "crossover" ep).

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Donimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, OH
    Posts
    708
    I would definitely like to see this character in the MOTUC line.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior madara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    1,349
    Oh I want him for sure. I loved trying to find him as kid. Both my brother, sister and I spazzed out when he got his first full episode and boy did that ep deliver, it was awesome.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,118
    I want Loo-Kee.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior SnakeTeela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    711
    Definitely want him at some point. Curious to see how they would do both him and Kowl since they had to make Orko an exclusive since he was too small to be sold alone and too large to be a simple accessory. I'd guess Loo-Kee and Kowl are in the same boat. They wouldve made nice pack-ins for some of the less popular POP girls but I guess thats out of the question.

  12. #12
    Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,455
    Loo Kee would rock, we could have a nice Loo Kee & Kowl 2-pack.

    Quote Originally Posted by chudman1000 View Post
    I actually want a figure of him. I still remember my sister having his original figure. I would have liked to have seen him released in MOTUC with Adora though because they are both very Filmation based, not to mention it would have been a good counter to the Adam and Orko set.
    I was thinking this, too. Or maybe packed with SPIRIT & Kowl.
    Last edited by Lewd_Squirrel; January 2, 2011 at 12:46pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Does Galactus fart?

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior urbanmyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    They wouldve made nice pack-ins for some of the less popular POP girls but I guess thats out of the question.
    That is what I'd like to see for Lookee. I don't really think they need to charge the extra $5 for him either (kowl yes, but Lookee no). Pack him with Stinkor or Spikor for some crossover appeal. Or "hide" him in the Horde Trooper 2 two-pack (so we'd end up with an army of Lookees).

  14. #14
    Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I've always hated all the 'cute mascot' characters of the 80's Whether it's Orko, or Snarf, or Spike... or anythign that is thrown in to be cute and not useful to the story...

    Lo Kee is the worst of them all.. (I may be wrong, but...) I NEVER even SAW him in the story!! he was just a background thing that never even saw combat or moved plot... Even Orko and Snarf had their moments...
    but Spike later turned into a big Dragon, in later episodes or the movie, or something. Or are you talking about the Spike from Transformers, not My Little Pony?
    Does Galactus fart?

  15. #15
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,811
    He should have been an accessory of bow.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior SnakeTeela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    He should have been an accessory of bow.
    Have to disagree there. Bow not only has tons of accessories but he is one of the POP characters that should have no problem selling. Characters like Perfuma, Flutterina, Sweet Bee...those are the ones who could use a little boost. And Kowl and Loo-Kee would be great for that.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,848
    Count me in. And Kowl.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    but Spike later turned into a big Dragon, in later episodes or the movie, or something. Or are you talking about the Spike from Transformers, not My Little Pony?

    Yeah, from Transformers I'll admit, I never saw My little Pony... Oddly, I also rank Bumbleebee as 'cute' kid-friendly character from Transformers... Also Uni from D&D... and I'm not sure if Penny and the dog count in Inspector gadget... They annoyed me to no end... but they were also the ones who actually SOLVED the crimes...




    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    You're wrong. See the eps with Loo-Kee in the title, like "Loo-Kee Lends a Hand" (a He-Man "crossover" ep).
    Ahhhh Ok then! I saw a LOT of She-ra episodes back in the day, but not with the fanatical devotion I gave to He-man, so i mised those ones...

    STILL doesn't change my opinion though... I would not want that figure, and characters like him are what keep me from getting the subscription.

    Well.... THat and the MASSIVE amounts of money they require

  19. #19
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,742
    Loo-Kee? Heck yeah! I imagine that Mattel will give him quite a bit of importance in the new continuity. Possibly quite similar to how Orko has been treated.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  20. #20
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    Have to disagree there. Bow not only has tons of accessories but he is one of the POP characters that should have no problem selling. Characters like Perfuma, Flutterina, Sweet Bee...those are the ones who could use a little boost. And Kowl and Loo-Kee would be great for that.
    i agree , when i said He should have been an accessory of bow, I mean kowl, I confused Kowl with loo-kee .

    Loo-kee can be with any pop character.

  21. #21
    Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,175
    i definitely want Loo-kee, kowl, and any other small sharacter who doesn't exactly fit the 'motu mold'.... bring on Odephus, or baby Adam & Adora.... just something different from the usual 'jacked up on roids' musclemen. motu is much more than that. gygor sort of proved that to me...

    imo, if it had a part in the tv shows, it should be made in figure form. Even characters that were never part of the shows (mosquitor, dragstor, clamp champ, extendar, ninjor, rio blast) got figures, and have fans for whatever reason.... so yes bring on loo-kee, Kowl & the rest.

    even a couple meteorbs were in a she-ra episode....

    phantom1592:
    I loved spike from Transformers.... he ended up becoming a Transformer in the end, part of Fortress maximus & saving them all from ultimate doom, so he's certainly not a 'mascot' character by any means. it pays to have a biological being on your side if you're a robot and have some device draining your energon. Spike was the autobots' link to Earth, so he was important to them learning about the planet. BB was a good character too, nothing wrong with a boy & his robot pal hanging out. (if i had a giant alien robot pal, that's what i'd be doing too.)
    MASK had that too, with scott & t-BOB. and GO BOTS had scooter, Ghostbusters had slimer. lol, all characters I liked back in the day & still do.
    i liked UNI, too.... every kid has had a pet at some point, so Uni was just the kid's pet. nothing wrong with that. and dungeon master was their 'yoda'...
    they all were useful in one way or another.

    Inspector Gadget was definitely the mascot of his series... a totally clueless, useless joke character if there ever was one, worse than jar jar could ever be. that whole show was a big joke, along with the movies. one of the worst concepts, along with Turboteen.... yeah I watched that too, back in the day.

    snarf.... hahaha... i never watched Thundercats. I only remember the character being mocked in Robot Chicken, along with those pokemon characers. that's what I'd consider 'cutesy' cheesy goodness, if you're into that kind of thing.
    obviously you must have watched alot of those shows back in the day, but you must have been too old at that time to enjoy the so-called kid-friendly characters. (gee, i wonder why they'd put kid friendly characters in a kids show? I wonder.......)

    imo, none of them are even remotely as 'kid friendly' as Barney, the muppets, or any of the Sesame Street characters....
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

    Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

  22. #22
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,382
    I had to look 'em up to remember who he is. GOOD LORD that is a creepy toy! Did you PoP fans actually have that sitting in your room while you slept? All someone had to do was slowly creek open the door and slide that sucker through and I wouldn't sleep for days. HIS EYES MOVE, TOO.

    I know they'll make him, but he better not look like that toy. Creepy little monster...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  23. #23
    Rebel Jubilation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,426
    Oh I want him but I think he would work best been packed in with one of the POP girls.

    I have a pecking order when it comes to vintage POP characters and he's at the bottom so I would'nt really like him before all the ladies mentioned in my signature.

  24. #24
    Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I had to look 'em up to remember who he is. GOOD LORD that is a creepy toy! Did you PoP fans actually have that sitting in your room while you slept? All someone had to do was slowly creek open the door and slide that sucker through and I wouldn't sleep for days. HIS EYES MOVE, TOO.

    I know they'll make him, but he better not look like that toy. Creepy little monster...
    I did, his eyes moved, when you rolled him on the ground
    Does Galactus fart?

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    obviously you must have watched alot of those shows back in the day, but you must have been too old at that time to enjoy the so-called kid-friendly characters. (gee, i wonder why they'd put kid friendly characters in a kids show? I wonder.......)

    imo, none of them are even remotely as 'kid friendly' as Barney, the muppets, or any of the Sesame Street characters....
    In 1985, I would have been 8. Soooo... about the target audience for those shows. In my mind, The 'story' was about He-man vs. Skeletor for the fate of the universe... Or Autobots vs. Decepticons... or etc...

    Heroes vs. Villains... Epic battles... Macho Manly fight scenes. The women folk were around to be kidnapped and rescued, preferablly BEFORE Skeletor or Darkseid married them...

    When Optimus prime, the biggest baddest robot, has to be rescued by a squishy human... It undermines the coolness of the hero

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •